Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,358)

Showing posts 147,141 - 147,160 of200,229
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Winston Smith

Spotsylvania, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't remember the model name but that's the one! Handled like a drunk squirrel. I remember it had 3 exhaust pipes, 2 on one side, one on the other.
I dunno if you're serious about correcting me on calling your 1978 Honda CB 750K a "Yamaha" or if you're turning the joke around on me. I suspect the latter. If so, good job!
Yours was an H1 500 Mach III, that was followed by the H2 750 Mack IV (also a triple). A friend of mine had one that he rescued from some shrubs/weeds that had engulfed it in someone's back yard. Now that bike was mental. He referred to it as a flexi flyer. Other fond references included the notion that it was hinged in the middle. I recall a high school classmate having one and he'd smoke the tire while hoisting the front in a rather spectacular wheelie. Those bikes weren't meant for turning, just straight line lunacy, zero to WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH in nanoseconds.

You'll find I don't take much of anything seriously.

"Life's a piece of shit
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you."

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say he would? Nope, I simply responded to your disbelief about information that was readily available, namely that Petraeus wouldn't appear subsequent to his resignation. All I pointed out was fact. I've given no opinion on the matter.
i never said he wouldn't appear if he resigned. in fact, I stated the opposite.

you seem confused...

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yours was an H1 500 Mach III, that was followed by the H2 750 Mack IV (also a triple). A friend of mine had one that he rescued from some shrubs/weeds that had engulfed it in someone's back yard. Now that bike was mental. He referred to it as a flexi flyer. Other fond references included the notion that it was hinged in the middle. I recall a high school classmate having one and he'd smoke the tire while hoisting the front in a rather spectacular wheelie. Those bikes weren't meant for turning, just straight line lunacy, zero to WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH in nanoseconds.
You'll find I don't take much of anything seriously.
"Life's a piece of shit
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you."
I tell you we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different.- Kurt Vonnegut.
Winston Smith

Halethorpe, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>isn't grass roots lobbyingg what teis country was founded on? the whole concept of lobbyin is the foundation of representative democracy.
Only if it really is grass roots and doesn't do things like sway people into supporting foreign sweat shops. Abramoff and Ralph Reed are sleaze buckets. Norquist managed to dodge responsibility, but the three of them are cut from the same cloth.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i never said he wouldn't appear if he resigned. in fact, I stated the opposite.
you seem confused...
Aw shuddup woody woodticks.

What a dope!
Winston Smith

Halethorpe, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i never said he wouldn't appear if he resigned. in fact, I stated the opposite.
you seem confused...
I pointed out that he was not going to testify as scheduled before his resignation. This is congruent with DiRucci's comments as well. You seem to read things that aren't there.
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.(Unless it's a foreign religion, of course!)

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw shuddup woody woodticks.
What a dope!
tired of having to resort to danth's law?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if it really is grass roots and doesn't do things like sway people into supporting foreign sweat shops. Abramoff and Ralph Reed are sleaze buckets. Norquist managed to dodge responsibility, but the three of them are cut from the same cloth.
yes they were sleeze. regardless, lobbying is te foundation of our nation. you may dislike some of them, but others may dislike the ones you favor.

civil rights fighters were lobbying for change. Suffragettes were lobbying for their cause. it is what we do in this country.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>tired of having to resort to danth's law?
http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2012-11-04_1280...

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Supreme Court will decide November 20 whether to hear or not hear Prop 8 and DOMA. Just only 8 more days left!
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Wat the Tyler wrote:
Supreme Court will decide November 20 whether to hear or not hear Prop 8 and DOMA. Just only 8 more days left!
he Leftist motto: "I love humanity. It's just people I can't stand"
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for the little fact that straights don't like males.......detailth, detailth.
So it's ok if they like little girls, eh? And what if they do both? OMG! then you have to realise that they are PEDOPHILES. Molesting children DOES NOT DETERMINE someone's sexual orientation.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I pointed out that he was not going to testify as scheduled before his resignation. This is congruent with DiRucci's comments as well. You seem to read things that aren't there.
what started it was Mikey's impliction that his resignation was curiously timed to his testifying....,

reading things that ARE there...
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Not a Founding Father wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, it's a representative republic. Many progressives make that mistake. There is a difference.
Look up democratic republic, you will find the first example is the United States

Our representatives are elected democratically, we are a democratic republic, by the dictionary definition of the term

You fear of the word democracy is humorous
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Wat the Tyler wrote:
It is a win win

If they decide not to hear it, that means that 8 is struck down and the California courts have won.

If they do decide to hear it, the outcome of that will have national consequences and may affect such measures in other states.

Dont be too disapointed if they decide not to hear it, that too, is a win.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up democratic republic, you will find the first example is the United States
Our representatives are elected democratically, we are a democratic republic, by the dictionary definition of the term
You fear of the word democracy is humorous
democratic representative republic?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

( chuckle )

You can add as many words in there as you like I suppose, but the bottom line is that folks are trying to re-write history to promote one word over another.

I was never a fan of re-writers of history

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_repub...
TheyFall

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

How much more can the Republican tea party be now days?

Tax hikes and immigration reform on the table, triggering a GOP civil war.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's ok if they like little girls, eh? And what if they do both? OMG! then you have to realise that they are PEDOPHILES. Molesting children DOES NOT DETERMINE someone's sexual orientation.
On a similar note, I am starting to worry about my "inner child", as I also seem to have an "inner priest". ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 147,141 - 147,160 of200,229
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••