Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
147,141 - 147,160 of 200,586 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Winston Smith

Washington, DC

#167694 Nov 11, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i never said he wouldn't appear if he resigned. in fact, I stated the opposite.
you seem confused...
I pointed out that he was not going to testify as scheduled before his resignation. This is congruent with DiRucci's comments as well. You seem to read things that aren't there.
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#167695 Nov 11, 2012
If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.(Unless it's a foreign religion, of course!)

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#167696 Nov 11, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw shuddup woody woodticks.
What a dope!
tired of having to resort to danth's law?

St. Croix valley

#167697 Nov 11, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if it really is grass roots and doesn't do things like sway people into supporting foreign sweat shops. Abramoff and Ralph Reed are sleaze buckets. Norquist managed to dodge responsibility, but the three of them are cut from the same cloth.
yes they were sleeze. regardless, lobbying is te foundation of our nation. you may dislike some of them, but others may dislike the ones you favor.

civil rights fighters were lobbying for change. Suffragettes were lobbying for their cause. it is what we do in this country.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#167698 Nov 11, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>tired of having to resort to danth's law?
http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2012-11-04_1280...

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#167699 Nov 11, 2012
Supreme Court will decide November 20 whether to hear or not hear Prop 8 and DOMA. Just only 8 more days left!
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#167702 Nov 11, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
Supreme Court will decide November 20 whether to hear or not hear Prop 8 and DOMA. Just only 8 more days left!
he Leftist motto: "I love humanity. It's just people I can't stand"
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#167704 Nov 12, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for the little fact that straights don't like males.......detailth, detailth.
So it's ok if they like little girls, eh? And what if they do both? OMG! then you have to realise that they are PEDOPHILES. Molesting children DOES NOT DETERMINE someone's sexual orientation.

St. Croix valley

#167705 Nov 12, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I pointed out that he was not going to testify as scheduled before his resignation. This is congruent with DiRucci's comments as well. You seem to read things that aren't there.
what started it was Mikey's impliction that his resignation was curiously timed to his testifying....,

reading things that ARE there...
Big D

Modesto, CA

#167706 Nov 12, 2012
Not a Founding Father wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, it's a representative republic. Many progressives make that mistake. There is a difference.
Look up democratic republic, you will find the first example is the United States

Our representatives are elected democratically, we are a democratic republic, by the dictionary definition of the term

You fear of the word democracy is humorous
Big D

Modesto, CA

#167707 Nov 12, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
It is a win win

If they decide not to hear it, that means that 8 is struck down and the California courts have won.

If they do decide to hear it, the outcome of that will have national consequences and may affect such measures in other states.

Dont be too disapointed if they decide not to hear it, that too, is a win.

St. Croix valley

#167709 Nov 12, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up democratic republic, you will find the first example is the United States
Our representatives are elected democratically, we are a democratic republic, by the dictionary definition of the term
You fear of the word democracy is humorous
democratic representative republic?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#167710 Nov 12, 2012
( chuckle )

You can add as many words in there as you like I suppose, but the bottom line is that folks are trying to re-write history to promote one word over another.

I was never a fan of re-writers of history

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_repub...
TheyFall

Covina, CA

#167712 Nov 12, 2012
How much more can the Republican tea party be now days?

Tax hikes and immigration reform on the table, triggering a GOP civil war.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#167713 Nov 12, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's ok if they like little girls, eh? And what if they do both? OMG! then you have to realise that they are PEDOPHILES. Molesting children DOES NOT DETERMINE someone's sexual orientation.
On a similar note, I am starting to worry about my "inner child", as I also seem to have an "inner priest". ;)
TheyFall

Covina, CA

#167714 Nov 12, 2012
How much more can the Republican tea party be now days? Not a darn thing!

They drink to much and fall down, just like stupid drunks they have become.

No one wants to see or hear from them again, they are finished and they know it.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#167715 Nov 12, 2012
TheyFall wrote:
How much more can the Republican tea party be now days? Not a darn thing!
They drink to much and fall down, just like stupid drunks they have become.
No one wants to see or hear from them again, they are finished and they know it.
Oh no, this is the loud voice in the party, they wont be finished until they actually get someone like Rick Santorum or some other nut case to actually be the nominee, and when they lose by a landslide to the democrats, then the Tea Party will be finished.

You are right about civil war in the GOP, but because a supposedly moderate candidate lost, that actually gives more ammo to the far far right wing. I donít think they will be able to face reality until they actually get a right wing nut job to be the nominee.

In the meantime, the more moderate GOP in congress are likely to actually get some work done, as they actually can see the writing on the wall.

At least that is my hope
Stupid Willard

Covina, CA

#167716 Nov 12, 2012
Never bet any money on a Willard.

Please tell this to Karl Rove who Pizzed away $300 million dollars on a failed attempt at buying a elected position.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167717 Nov 12, 2012
Big D wrote:
( chuckle )
...I was never a fan of re-writers of history...
Me either. Just the other day some wing nut was trying to tell me Clinton wasn't impeached!

What a dope!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167718 Nov 12, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what started it was Mikey's impliction that his resignation was curiously timed to his testifying....,
reading things that ARE there...
Yes, I agree, you and I are reading things that ARE there! Like something might be fishy. Or not, but either way we deserve to know. Right?

Fun stuff!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 68,977
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 11 hr Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 20 hr Tank ever 7,926
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Thu JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Thu Money 1
My fears for Doris Day: Confidante who spent 40... (Oct '13) Thu marti eton square 4
clint Aug 27 ubietron 1
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••