Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,357)

Showing posts 147,121 - 147,140 of200,232
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Grover Nor

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

CPAC just started Thursday, but already the handshakes and hours of standing are leading to convention fatigue.

President of Americans for Tax Reform (ATR) Grover Norquist, though, has two simple solutions to surviving the three days of CPAC: a wife and alcohol.

“You bring your wife with you, and you drink heavily,” Norquist told POLITICO.
Winston Smith

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Why wouldn't he testify himself? you do know what a subpoena is, don't you?
Why yes, I do know what a subpoena is. You do know how to use google don't you? Just a quick poke around and you'll find that what DiRucci and I have said about him testifying is true. He was set to testify, now he isn't. That doesn't mean he can't testify later, just that stepping down has changed things.
Winston Smith

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Loosen up Winnie! Don't take everything so seriously, I'm not mad at you silly! Just riding your a** trying to loosen you up a little.
I bought a Kawaski 500cc 3 cylinder two cycle in Japan in 1969. Faster than a raped ape! But sounded like a loud vacuum cleaner! Had to ride on the wrong side of the road (silly Japanese) through Nagasaki back to my ship. Sold it later in Vietnam, never brought it home. Should have. Weird bike two cycle engine revved like a maniac!
No I never called your Yamaha a Kawasaki, must have been some other cool guy, you always get us smart guys mixed up!
Fun stuff!
Ah yes, two strokes run like crazy. That would have been an H1 you were piloting around. Fast with horrible handling. No valve train to limit revs like a four stroke. BTW, that 750 isn't a Yammie either.
Winston Smith

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
What a dopey post. Don't know what you're talking about Fruitloops, sorry.
Sober up, learn to type and spell correctly maybe we'll talk later.
What a dope!
I hope you're enjoying your spam and lemmons as much as I'm enjoying mine! The red Xs are a nice touch too.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Gay is Sick wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.salon.com/2012/10/29/scotus_to_con...
The Supreme Court will consider whether to take up the anti-gay marriage Proposition 8 and/or any of several Defense of Marriage Act cases on Nov. 20, and will likely release its decisions by Nov. 26.
The Court is scheduled for a private conference on the 20th, during which it will decide whether to rule on Hollingsworth v. Perry, the federal challenge to Proposition 8. If the Supreme Court decides not to review Proposition 8, it will uphold the 9th Circuit’s ruling that the law violates the 14th Amendment and is unconstitutional.
SCOTUS will also decide whether to rule on any of the four DOMA cases that have been filed before it, including Windsor v. United States, in which the 2nd Circuit recently found that DOMA is unconstitutional.
On Friday, the Department of Justice filed a brief asking the Court to prioritize a decision on the Windsor case.
“Although Department of Health and Human Services v. Massachusetts … is also a case in which a court of appeals has rendered a decision, this case now provides the most appropriate vehicle for this Court’s resolution of the constitutionality of Section 3 of DOMA,” the DOJ brief says.“In particular, the court of appeals in Massachusetts was constrained by binding circuit precedent as to the applicable level of scrutiny … whereas the court of appeals here was not so constrained, and its analysis may be beneficial to this Court’s consideration of that issue.”
Salon ?! That's a commie-pinko website ! I wouldn't believe anything they say about anything ! They're just a page ripped rite out of Uncle Joe's playbook.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Why yes, I do know what a subpoena is. You do know how to use google don't you? Just a quick poke around and you'll find that what DiRucci and I have said about him testifying is true. He was set to testify, now he isn't. That doesn't mean he can't testify later, just that stepping down has changed things.
And his second would have different info on what went on?

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Gay is Sick wrote:
<quoted text>Your homophobia is caused by your inability to deal with your dad being gay. Why do you hate gays?
However, shall we go into the world of gay voodoo science.
Why do you hate gays?
Not going to bother with the rest of your post, idiot, I have nothing against gays.
You have a problem with gays because you can't deal with your own same sex attractions, and are sexually frustrated.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

your time will come wrote:
<quoted text>
Wish you queers would stop molesting little boys.
Don't like the competition?

BTW, there is no evidence that gay men are more likely to molest boys than straight men.
BangaBanga

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

BangaBanga to you buddy.
Irving

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, there is no evidence that gay men are more likely to molest boys than straight men.
You are a bald faced liar.

NAMBLA hides under the seedy underbelly of liberalism. Leftist bookstores sell NAMBLA materials. Look it up on indymedia, shitferbrains. Begin with the SF Bay, assuming they haven't hidden it.
RepubsAreSick

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

You really mean Republicans are sick don't you?
Irving

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Irving wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a bald faced liar.
NAMBLA hides under the seedy underbelly of liberalism. Leftist bookstores sell NAMBLA materials. Look it up on indymedia, shitferbrains. Begin with the SF Bay, assuming they haven't hidden it.
http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2005/02/02/1...

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, two strokes run like crazy. That would have been an H1 you were piloting around. Fast with horrible handling. No valve train to limit revs like a four stroke. BTW, that 750 isn't a Yammie either.
Don't remember the model name but that's the one! Handled like a drunk squirrel. I remember it had 3 exhaust pipes, 2 on one side, one on the other.

I dunno if you're serious about correcting me on calling your 1978 Honda CB 750K a "Yamaha" or if you're turning the joke around on me. I suspect the latter. If so, good job!
Flying

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Red flag warning tonight.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Gay is Sick wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you hate gays, idiot, when you are gay. Typical gay, not your problem, it is everyone else's. Strange I find gays killing themselves, but these frustrated straights do not seem to be dying from suicides and drug overdoses. Why are you killing gays, by isolating them from treatment?
Gay people live in a world with homophobic morons like you, and little support. That's why they end up killing themselves.
If you'd put 1% of the effort you spend on spreading hate towards gays into getting laid, you could help get rid of your sexual frustration, and thus your homophobia.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Gay is Sick wrote:
<quoted text>So,you admit that gays molest boys. Confession is good for you.
Liar. I said no such thing.
Why can't you argue against what I actually said?
Gay is Sick is Sick wrote:
Really, so you are saying that lesbians also have sex with boys.
Can't stop daydreaming about sex with boys, can you?
You are also saying that straight women molest little girls.
No, never said that.
But you just can't get your mind off of sex with children.
Sorry, dufus, the word is homosexual, which means sex with the same sex and also most of these cases that gay men are caught in are with pubescent and older boys. You know, boys with hair around their genitalia.
Damn, you really go into detail when you think about having sex with boys...Well, as long as you just play with yourself and don't actually molest children...
StealingEyes

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Grover Norquist and Americans for Tax Reform ATR served as a "conduit" for funds that flowed from Abramoff's clients to surreptitiously finance grass-roots lobbying campaigns.

Grover Norquist has denied that he did anything wrong, and has not been charged with any crime.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

your time will come wrote:
<quoted text>
queers like male body parts, straight men don't. Wish queers would stop molesting little boys.
Gay men like *men's* parts.
Are you a straight guy? Do the body parts of little girls do it for you?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

StealingEyes wrote:
Grover Norquist and Americans for Tax Reform ATR served as a "conduit" for funds that flowed from Abramoff's clients to surreptitiously finance grass-roots lobbying campaigns.
Grover Norquist has denied that he did anything wrong, and has not been charged with any crime.
isn't grass roots lobbyingg what teis country was founded on? the whole concept of lobbyin is the foundation of representative democracy.
Winston Smith

Spotsylvania, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>And his second would have different info on what went on?
Did I say he would? Nope, I simply responded to your disbelief about information that was readily available, namely that Petraeus wouldn't appear subsequent to his resignation. All I pointed out was fact. I've given no opinion on the matter.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 147,121 - 147,140 of200,232
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••