Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,352)

Showing posts 147,021 - 147,040 of200,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to watch Chris Matthews a few years ago, because I thought he was fair although a Lib, but about 2 or 3 years ago, he went off the Left Deep End, adn I quit watching him completely. He's a complete left-wing Joe Stalin-cheerleading loon now.
That tingle up his leg for Obama thing creeped me out enough to dismiss him as a dope.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Under OBAMACARE they ARE required to do so if they have more than 15 employees.
Not true, but you've never been interested in facts.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Mona formal charges were made ( which you can do without any evidence at all ) and the accused was acquitted, and so the trial ( or impeachment ) failed.
Im not commenting on guilt or innocence or how partisan the whole thing was from both sides, I am just trying to explain to those that do not know the process that an impeachment has to go through BOTH houses and pass to be successful.
That did not happen
Nope. Sorry. The House voted on articles of Impeachment. two passed. Clinton was impeached. He was acquitted of the charges at trial.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
In an impeachment the house acts as the prosecutor, and the senate as the judge and jury, just because a prosecutor accuses someone does not make it a success.
If it has been a success, he would have been removed form office.
He was not
That's because at the trial he was acquitted. He was impeached by the House. Impeachment DOES NOT mean remove from office.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
The popular vote as of today is ~50% Obama ~48% Romney. Hardly a "landside". What a dope!
Sore winners are real losers.
Congrats President Obama. Not my choice but he won fair and square.
Obama 332 Romney 206

Hardly a squeaker.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Sorry. The House voted on articles of Impeachment. two passed. Clinton was impeached. He was acquitted of the charges at trial.
He's a big jackass! Don't go so easy on him. Call him names and sh!t!

"Clinton's impeachment failed"! What a dope?!

Fun!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama 332 Romney 206
Hardly a squeaker.
Yeah. But the popular vote was close. But still decisive for Obama. I have no problem with it, he won fair and square. This is a great country where votes matter.(Even when they cancel eachother out ;)

Congrats President Obama.
Foxcrazy

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

It could have been easier.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

FOX crazy wrote:
FOX news reminds meof Clint Eastwood talking to a empty chair, but in reality it's filled with
Here it is three days after the national vote was taken and President Obama was re elected and the FOOLs at Fox News are tryig to whip up more stupid comments.
FOX news is jus plain crazy.
Deep thinking. I'm really impressed. Don't know how to argue such strong points!

Do you watch Fox News, or did you hear this on CBS?

Smile.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

Jedi Minds Tricker wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, you finally figured that out. Impeachment simply means that they charged him and it says nothing about the outcome or innocence or guilt. Obama could be impeached.
Oh, I never said differently, shit-for-brains.
Winston Smith

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. But the popular vote was close. But still decisive for Obama. I have no problem with it, he won fair and square. This is a great country where votes matter.(Even when they cancel eachother out ;)
Congrats President Obama.
I said it before, and I'll say it again...

I am curious about something.
In 2004 Bush declared his victory over Kerry was a mandate.
Popular vote of 62,040,610 (50.74%) w/286 electoral votes to a popular vote of 59,028,444 (48.27%) w/251 electoral votes

The MSM agreed and ran with the notion.

With Obama v Romney the tallies were:
Popular vote 61,212,366 (50.5%) w/332 electoral votes to a popular vote of 58,197,914 (48.0%) 206 electoral votes.

Those are almost identical results? Where is the cry of mandate? Not that I think either election was by any means though.
Winston Smith

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
i LOVE FOX NEWS cuz they are the ONLY ones who tell the TRUTH !
And they are ALWAYS Fair. And Balanced.
Only because they reflect your views in their opinion. They're no more balanced than the MSM. Just tilted the other way. Some of them seem a bit off balance lately.

Although I do agree with Rove on one point, sort of. Calling the election before it is finished. I think they should keep their yaps shut about it until the last vote is cast. But they, all of them, see it as a race to be the first to call the election results correctly.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I said it before, and I'll say it again...
I am curious about something.
In 2004 Bush declared his victory over Kerry was a mandate.
Popular vote of 62,040,610 (50.74%) w/286 electoral votes to a popular vote of 59,028,444 (48.27%) w/251 electoral votes
The MSM agreed and ran with the notion.
With Obama v Romney the tallies were:
Popular vote 61,212,366 (50.5%) w/332 electoral votes to a popular vote of 58,197,914 (48.0%) 206 electoral votes.
Those are almost identical results? Where is the cry of mandate? Not that I think either election was by any means though.
I don't remember the MSM ever saying anything positive about Bush. I honestly don't remember them saying Bush had a mandate.
Veined

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

A coal producer owned by a longtime critic of President Barack Obama's energy policies.

Is about to lay off nearly 160 workers at Illinois and Utah mines.

The lazy mine and coal company owners are blaming the freshly re-elected president for a "war on coal" Ya got to love this "little hearted" republican scum scuckers for their ability to lie.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

Veined wrote:
A coal producer owned by a longtime critic of President Barack Obama's energy policies.
The lazy mine and coal company owners are blaming the freshly re-elected president for a "war on coal" Ya got to love this "little hearted" republican scum scuckers for their ability to lie.
Sore winners are real losers.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

Veined wrote:
Yeah, the coal companies have been killing miners for over a hundred years. And they claim OSHA regulations are uncalled for and oppressive to the industry. Their idea of safety is "put a canary in the coal mine". The miners are just collateral damage to them.
Winston Smith

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't remember the MSM ever saying anything positive about Bush. I honestly don't remember them saying Bush had a mandate.
I do recall references to the victory being a mandate. I'm no fan of Fox News either. I recall questioning the premise as well.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I do recall references to the victory being a mandate. I'm no fan of Fox News either. I recall questioning the premise as well.
I am a fan of FOX News. The conservative slant is refreshing when compared to the liberal bias of most of the other news outlets.

Most journalists are liberals. It comes with the territory. I think there needs to be much more emphasis on ethics in journalism training.

You have to admit the media helps liberals and hinders conservatives if you are honest. It's been the subject of many studies and they conclude this is so.

Bush response to Katrina BAD!
Obama response to Sandy GOOD!

When they were equally bad.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

Did anyone else notice Obama's willingness to be out front on Sandy compared to his lack of willingness to be out front on Benghazi?

Did anyone else notice the same from the media except for FOX News?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
You have to admit the media helps liberals and hinders conservatives if you are honest. It's been the subject of many studies and they conclude this is so.
pfffffffffffffft...... It's not a journalist's fault that facts tend to have a liberal bias. Liberal's like facts. Neocons run from them, make up their own, and report them ad nauseum. The perfect recent example is ol' loser Romney.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 147,021 - 147,040 of200,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••