Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,172

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#167560 Nov 9, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
In an impeachment the house acts as the prosecutor, and the senate as the judge and jury, just because a prosecutor accuses someone does not make it a success.
If it has been a success, he would have been removed form office.
He was not
That's because at the trial he was acquitted. He was impeached by the House. Impeachment DOES NOT mean remove from office.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#167561 Nov 9, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
The popular vote as of today is ~50% Obama ~48% Romney. Hardly a "landside". What a dope!
Sore winners are real losers.
Congrats President Obama. Not my choice but he won fair and square.
Obama 332 Romney 206

Hardly a squeaker.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#167562 Nov 9, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Sorry. The House voted on articles of Impeachment. two passed. Clinton was impeached. He was acquitted of the charges at trial.
He's a big jackass! Don't go so easy on him. Call him names and sh!t!

"Clinton's impeachment failed"! What a dope?!

Fun!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167563 Nov 9, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama 332 Romney 206
Hardly a squeaker.
Yeah. But the popular vote was close. But still decisive for Obama. I have no problem with it, he won fair and square. This is a great country where votes matter.(Even when they cancel eachother out ;)

Congrats President Obama.
Foxcrazy

Azusa, CA

#167564 Nov 9, 2012
It could have been easier.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#167566 Nov 10, 2012
FOX crazy wrote:
FOX news reminds meof Clint Eastwood talking to a empty chair, but in reality it's filled with
Here it is three days after the national vote was taken and President Obama was re elected and the FOOLs at Fox News are tryig to whip up more stupid comments.
FOX news is jus plain crazy.
Deep thinking. I'm really impressed. Don't know how to argue such strong points!

Do you watch Fox News, or did you hear this on CBS?

Smile.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#167567 Nov 10, 2012
Jedi Minds Tricker wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, you finally figured that out. Impeachment simply means that they charged him and it says nothing about the outcome or innocence or guilt. Obama could be impeached.
Oh, I never said differently, shit-for-brains.
Winston Smith

Fort Washington, MD

#167568 Nov 10, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. But the popular vote was close. But still decisive for Obama. I have no problem with it, he won fair and square. This is a great country where votes matter.(Even when they cancel eachother out ;)
Congrats President Obama.
I said it before, and I'll say it again...

I am curious about something.
In 2004 Bush declared his victory over Kerry was a mandate.
Popular vote of 62,040,610 (50.74%) w/286 electoral votes to a popular vote of 59,028,444 (48.27%) w/251 electoral votes

The MSM agreed and ran with the notion.

With Obama v Romney the tallies were:
Popular vote 61,212,366 (50.5%) w/332 electoral votes to a popular vote of 58,197,914 (48.0%) 206 electoral votes.

Those are almost identical results? Where is the cry of mandate? Not that I think either election was by any means though.
Winston Smith

Fort Washington, MD

#167569 Nov 10, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
i LOVE FOX NEWS cuz they are the ONLY ones who tell the TRUTH !
And they are ALWAYS Fair. And Balanced.
Only because they reflect your views in their opinion. They're no more balanced than the MSM. Just tilted the other way. Some of them seem a bit off balance lately.

Although I do agree with Rove on one point, sort of. Calling the election before it is finished. I think they should keep their yaps shut about it until the last vote is cast. But they, all of them, see it as a race to be the first to call the election results correctly.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167570 Nov 10, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I said it before, and I'll say it again...
I am curious about something.
In 2004 Bush declared his victory over Kerry was a mandate.
Popular vote of 62,040,610 (50.74%) w/286 electoral votes to a popular vote of 59,028,444 (48.27%) w/251 electoral votes
The MSM agreed and ran with the notion.
With Obama v Romney the tallies were:
Popular vote 61,212,366 (50.5%) w/332 electoral votes to a popular vote of 58,197,914 (48.0%) 206 electoral votes.
Those are almost identical results? Where is the cry of mandate? Not that I think either election was by any means though.
I don't remember the MSM ever saying anything positive about Bush. I honestly don't remember them saying Bush had a mandate.
Veined

Covina, CA

#167571 Nov 10, 2012
A coal producer owned by a longtime critic of President Barack Obama's energy policies.

Is about to lay off nearly 160 workers at Illinois and Utah mines.

The lazy mine and coal company owners are blaming the freshly re-elected president for a "war on coal" Ya got to love this "little hearted" republican scum scuckers for their ability to lie.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167572 Nov 10, 2012
Veined wrote:
A coal producer owned by a longtime critic of President Barack Obama's energy policies.
The lazy mine and coal company owners are blaming the freshly re-elected president for a "war on coal" Ya got to love this "little hearted" republican scum scuckers for their ability to lie.
Sore winners are real losers.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#167573 Nov 10, 2012
Veined wrote:
Yeah, the coal companies have been killing miners for over a hundred years. And they claim OSHA regulations are uncalled for and oppressive to the industry. Their idea of safety is "put a canary in the coal mine". The miners are just collateral damage to them.
Winston Smith

Gaithersburg, MD

#167574 Nov 10, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't remember the MSM ever saying anything positive about Bush. I honestly don't remember them saying Bush had a mandate.
I do recall references to the victory being a mandate. I'm no fan of Fox News either. I recall questioning the premise as well.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167575 Nov 10, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I do recall references to the victory being a mandate. I'm no fan of Fox News either. I recall questioning the premise as well.
I am a fan of FOX News. The conservative slant is refreshing when compared to the liberal bias of most of the other news outlets.

Most journalists are liberals. It comes with the territory. I think there needs to be much more emphasis on ethics in journalism training.

You have to admit the media helps liberals and hinders conservatives if you are honest. It's been the subject of many studies and they conclude this is so.

Bush response to Katrina BAD!
Obama response to Sandy GOOD!

When they were equally bad.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167576 Nov 10, 2012
Did anyone else notice Obama's willingness to be out front on Sandy compared to his lack of willingness to be out front on Benghazi?

Did anyone else notice the same from the media except for FOX News?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#167578 Nov 10, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
You have to admit the media helps liberals and hinders conservatives if you are honest. It's been the subject of many studies and they conclude this is so.
pfffffffffffffft...... It's not a journalist's fault that facts tend to have a liberal bias. Liberal's like facts. Neocons run from them, make up their own, and report them ad nauseum. The perfect recent example is ol' loser Romney.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#167579 Nov 10, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
Did anyone else notice Obama's willingness to be out front on Sandy compared to his lack of willingness to be out front on Benghazi?
Did anyone else notice the same from the media except for FOX News?
Did anyone notice that FUX News likes to make up shit and then whine about it?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167580 Nov 10, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Did anyone notice that FUX News likes to make up shit and then whine about it?
No.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167581 Nov 10, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
pfffffffffffffft...... It's not a journalist's fault that facts tend to have a liberal bias. Liberal's like facts. Neocons run from them, make up their own, and report them ad nauseum. The perfect recent example is ol' loser Romney.
Aw shuddup, you malcontent windbag!

Funny you jackasses know all about FOX News but you never ever watch it.

Don't let FOX bother you so much Fruitloops, there are plenty of liberally biased news outlets to keep you all warm and fuzzy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr scirocco 71,045
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 12 Alex Montgomery 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web