Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,197

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#167489 Nov 9, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
and acquitted on Feb 12 1999
Impeachment was a failure
and that part that you like to pretend didnt happen, was the end of the story
Clinton was impeached on Dec 19,1998. It was not a "failure". It was an impeachment.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#167490 Nov 9, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton was impeached on Dec 19,1998. It was not a "failure". It was an impeachment.
and acquitted of Feb 12 1999, impeachment failed, he was not removed from office.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167491 Nov 9, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
and acquitted of Feb 12 1999, impeachment failed, he was not removed from office.
Clinton was impeached on Dec 19, 1998.

He wasn't failed to be impeached on Dec 19 1998.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167492 Nov 9, 2012
Lililth_Satans_Wh_ore wrote:
<quoted text>aaaaaaaawwwh is little bigot boy upset he lost on every political front.... what a shame
Sore losers I can understand. Sore winners I can't.

Congrats President Obama. Not my choice but he won fair and square.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#167493 Nov 9, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton was impeached on Dec 19, 1998.
He wasn't failed to be impeached on Dec 19 1998.
and the impeachment failed when he was acquitted on Feb 12 1999, hence we was not removed from office

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167494 Nov 9, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet he took a dump on Feb 12 1999 too, probably even got a bj or two. But he was impeached on Dec 19, 1998. He wasn't failed to be impeached on Dec 19, 1998 you dolt.

FUN Stuff!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#167495 Nov 9, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Sore losers I can understand. Sore winners I can't.
Congrats President Obama. Not my choice but he won fair and square.
My hope is that both sides compromise, even just a little bit, Democrats need to cut deeper than they want to, Republicans need to realize that cuts alone will not solve our current problems

and do something for the country for a change, instead of just looking at the next election.

but I am not holding my breath
Big D

Modesto, CA

#167496 Nov 9, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet he took a dump on Feb 12 1999 too, probably even got a bj or two. But he was impeached on Dec 19, 1998. He wasn't failed to be impeached on Dec 19, 1998 you dolt.
FUN Stuff!
and impeachment failed on Feb 12th 1999 when Clinton was acquitted.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#167497 Nov 9, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
FUN Stuff!
I have noticed your wording is changing, yes the house voted along partisan lines to impeach him, but that is not the end of an impeachment, as it involves both houses, and the impeachment failed in the senate which also voted along partisan lines,( the entire thing was partisan from the beginning ).

I have never argued that the house didnít vote to impeach, heck they could vote to Impeach Obama tomorrow for anything they want to dream up even with no evidence whatsoever... but voting to impeach is not the end, the end of it is in the senate where impeachment is tried.

It is in the senate where an impeachment succeeds or fails.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167499 Nov 9, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have noticed your wording is changing, yes the house voted along partisan lines to impeach him, but that is not the end of an impeachment, as it involves both houses, and the impeachment failed in the senate which also voted along partisan lines,( the entire thing was partisan from the beginning ).
I have never argued that the house didnít vote to impeach, heck they could vote to Impeach Obama tomorrow for anything they want to dream up even with no evidence whatsoever... but voting to impeach is not the end, the end of it is in the senate where impeachment is tried.
It is in the senate where an impeachment succeeds or fails.
I'm making my point well it seems. Arguing semantics is silly and tedious and serves no purpose except narcissistic supply. Everything I've said about Clinton's impeachment since Mona Lott started in on me is correct except I said "the House found him guilty" and brought it to the Senate. I should have said "the House found evidence of guilt" and brought it to the Senate.

I admitted that mistake much to your and certainly Mona's narcissistic delight. Now admit yours, the impeachment on Dec 19, 1998 was not a failure. If it had been, it wouldn't have been brought to the Senate where he was acquitted and thus not removed from office. The acquittal does not negate the impeachment. Bill Clinton was impeached.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167500 Nov 9, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
My hope is that both sides compromise, even just a little bit, Democrats need to cut deeper than they want to, Republicans need to realize that cuts alone will not solve our current problems
and do something for the country for a change, instead of just looking at the next election.
but I am not holding my breath
Wish you would.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#167502 Nov 9, 2012
Most of us have been here for about two years plus. We should meet for diner, drinks and laughs.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#167503 Nov 9, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they found evidence of guilt and accused him ( the impeachment you keep talking about ) the house does not have the power to find him guilty, the impeachment was a failure as he was acquitted in the senate
Ask any trial lawyer anywhere if an acquittal is a success for a prosecutor... and they will tell you no, that is a failure.
I get it that you are not going to comprehend this... you can stop explaining that you donít understand any time.
Who gives a shit ????
Big D

Modesto, CA

#167504 Nov 9, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm making my point well it seems. Arguing semantics is silly and tedious and serves no purpose except narcissistic supply. Everything I've said about Clinton's impeachment since Mona Lott started in on me is correct except I said "the House found him guilty" and brought it to the Senate. I should have said "the House found evidence of guilt" and brought it to the Senate.
I admitted that mistake much to your and certainly Mona's narcissistic delight. Now admit yours, the impeachment on Dec 19, 1998 was not a failure. If it had been, it wouldn't have been brought to the Senate where he was acquitted and thus not removed from office. The acquittal does not negate the impeachment. Bill Clinton was impeached.
No you lost your point long long ago, an impeachment goes through both houses of congress, and the impeachment of Clinton failed on Feb 12 1999 when he was acquitted.

This isnít an opinion, this is a fact

The impeachment failed, which is why he was not removed from office, If the impeachment had been successful he would have been removed from office.

Having the house vote for an impeachment is no big deal, you donít need any evidence whatsoever, all you need is a vote. They did, it failed in the senate, and the impeachment dropped dead right there, and Clinton continued in office.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#167505 Nov 9, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
and acquitted on Feb 12 1999
Impeachment was a failure
and that part that you like to pretend didnt happen, was the end of the story
The impeachment of Clinton was NOT a "failure". He WAS impeached ! If you deny that, then you're denying reality.

And that impeachment led him to ADMIT he committed perjury before teh grand jure, a FEDERAL CRIME, and he lost his license to practice law as a result. How many POTUSes do you know who were disbarred ???
GingrichGONGED

Azusa, CA

#167507 Nov 9, 2012
Old Newt Gingrich just couldn't learn to set downa and shut up, nor could anyother of the old fools who spoke for the party of IDIOTS as it became known as.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#167508 Nov 9, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
When small to medium businesses are just staying afloat due to the economy, and are now required to pay for medical coverage for their employees, they will not be able to stay open. There goes more unemployment. If they don't put coverage on their employees, they will be fined for each person employed. To must to bare. Then you have big businesses, they might employ some 600 to 1000 employees and have insurance coverage right now. It will be cheaper on them to drop their coverage for their employees, pay the fines to the government, and make their employees go on Obama care, which will not be near the coverage they currently have. Not to mention, doctors and medical treatment will be dictated by the government to what will be acceptable. Just a small example obama care.
No business is required to pay for medical coverage for their employees. Where do you get these silly ideas? Let me guess.... Glenn Beck or Rush Windbag?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#167509 Nov 9, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No you lost your point long long ago, an impeachment goes through both houses of congress, and the impeachment of Clinton failed on Feb 12 1999 when he was acquitted.
This isnít an opinion, this is a fact
The impeachment failed, which is why he was not removed from office, If the impeachment had been successful he would have been removed from office.
Having the house vote for an impeachment is no big deal, you donít need any evidence whatsoever, all you need is a vote. They did, it failed in the senate, and the impeachment dropped dead right there, and Clinton continued in office.
No dear. I hate to agree with FaFoxy, but he is correct. The House votes on articles of impeachment. Clinton was impeached by the House. Impeached does not mean removed from office. It means to bring formal charges.
GingrichGONGED

Azusa, CA

#167510 Nov 9, 2012
Who wants to listen to or follow a bunch of Dinos anyway? They rode there own self serving stupity into the ground and the Republican tea party with them.

Old Newt Gingrich just couldn't learn to set downa and shut up, nor could anyother of the old fools who spoke for the party of IDIOTS as it became known as.
Winston Smith

Somerville, VA

#167511 Nov 9, 2012
Zen Master Uno wrote:
<quoted text>How many minutes in a day does a gay man have anal sex?.........
too hard, easier to answer how many minutes is he not. 6 minutes.
It sounds as if you speak from experience, ZM. Are you pitching or catching?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 hr STEFANO COLONNA 70,159
Who do you support for Superintendent of Public... (Oct '10) 16 hr concernedconserva... 48
Some Mexicans leaving US, planning never to return (Dec '08) Wed loupgarous 15,725
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Oct 28 maranatha 246
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2
Pacific Grove Girl Chelsie Hills Law suit. Rea... Oct 3 Siding with Toyota 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]