Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,347)

Showing posts 146,921 - 146,940 of199,126
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
TEAtards left behind

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>
So when all the low end students who are dragging down the poor performing schools use their vouchers to transfer over to the good schools, how does that not drag the good schools down?
The free market works because someone wins and someone loses. With vouchers, the losers get to go to the same place as the winners and poison the well.
Your model leads to all the bad schools closing and the good schools getting less money per student, because now they have to pay for the infrastructure to transport them. The closed bad schools won't be replaced because nobody is going to take their kid out of the good school to give the new school a try. Not to mention, who's going to pay startup costs?
Vouchers work to help get a limited number of good students out of a bad school, but it just doesn't work in a universal application.
The answer lies in finding something to do with the bad students who are ruining it for everyone else. They divert so much time and resources.
Teaching to the test is nonsense.
you said something that makes sense....

just one thing...

testing isnt going to help our students?? unless we put money into teaching them to pass those tests..

Ive only seen drop out rates increase, in places where MCAS style testing was applied.

the rethuglican approach to education leads to a more supliat resevoir of hopelessly uneducated labor.

it is the same approach they use in the abortion/BC debate...

they are adamantly opposed to abortion? but at the same time? are against the methods that prevent unwanted pregnancies..

and not all the repubs are this socially conservative....

but about a quarter of the electorate is serious learning impaired....... because of these recruiting methods that the tea party uses.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

NonPsycho Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You angry, bro?
No. You are.

Now SCRAM troll!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Nope, it wasnít the failed impeachment, people already knew what a partisan witch hunt it was, that was a joke and everyone knew it.

The problem was the scandal itself, if he had kept his pecker in his pants, we would never have had to suffer GW Bush

We have no idea how that would have turned out, but I can hardly imagine it being worse than what we had.
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

NonPsycho Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Bruno,
In my heart of hearts, I really wish you would grow up and start educating yourself.
Here's a start: An editorial that illustrates how the President is pretty much a moderate Republican, and more so than the blow-hards you've been aping would ever admit:
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politi...
And seriously, Bruno, you're a blue-collar slob, the republicans only want your vote and tax money. They don't actually like you and they will never do anything to help you out.
I'm not a republican by any means. I was a democrat until Obammy started his campaign to take my hard earned income and medical benefits. He is only teaching to be a lazy America, lay back ad let the rich pay your way, and to prove this, he has given away work that cna be done here in this country but choses to outsource it. No you idiot, I am very educated when it comes to what is mine and how I got it. You on the other hand must be I would guess under the age of 50 who got everything through a government assistance and don't want to lose that comfort, it has become a part of your life and existence and you know no other way to exist.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Big D wrote:
Nope, it wasnít the failed impeachment, people already knew what a partisan witch hunt it was, that was a joke and everyone knew it.
The problem was the scandal itself, if he had kept his pecker in his pants, we would never have had to suffer GW Bush
We have no idea how that would have turned out, but I can hardly imagine it being worse than what we had.
Talking to yourself again jackass?

What a dope!
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush didn't do it all alone. This was a bipartisan path we were headed down for yeeeeaaars before he got in office. His actions certainly didn't help. Or I guess I should say they did help with the crash. Wars and tax cuts don't go hand in hand. If he'd have pushed for the money to pay for the war it wouldn't have happened though. Too few would have chewed on the bait.
lol reality check!... Exactly the same for obammy, he didn't do anything in his four years either you stupid dumbazzz. Wake up and smell the coffee. obammy is coming after your job, SS and medical benefits you sap.
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose Tactic #1
<quoted text>
Rose Tactic #4
<quoted text>
Rose Tactic # 2
<quoted text>
Rose Tactic #5 and 7
<quoted text>
Rose Tactic #2 and 5
<quoted text>
Rose Tactic # 2 and 7
Poor little Rose, so terribly wants to be taken seriously.
Rose tactic #1- Act stupid-(not so sure it is an act)
Rose Tactic #2- Misdirect
Rose Tactic #3- Make stupid comments until opposition is tired of replying then claim victory
Rose Tactic #4- Attack the poster
Rose Tactic #5 scream Racist, Bigot, Homophobe
Rose Tactic #6- Act intelligent by making silly statistical references such as- Most people who have anal sex are straight-
Rose Tactic #7- Falsely accuse others of lies- when proven wrong through links to previous posts revert back to tactics 2,4 and 5.
You are going into a tail spin, Just play along and quit taking ths thread so damn serious.
NO Tea tards left behind

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
lol reality check!... Exactly the same for obammy, he didn't do anything in his four years either you stupid dumbazzz. Wake up and smell the coffee. obammy is coming after your job, SS and medical benefits you sap.
no the idea was to keep Ryan/Romney out of office.....because they had a plan to VOUCHERIZE medicare, throwing million of future seniors to the wolves of the "free market"

so save the stereo typical tea tarded tripe that is derived from lies on faux news.......Romney was called out lying on the jeep ads, by the ceo's themselves.... I wonder why he lost OHIO?? you guys are so dumb..

mabey you can drift back twoards the center as a party, and participate in the poltical process again....

.... instead of just threatening to shut down the government, every time something doesnt go your way.

and you will have to because you guys REALLY got shellacked on tuesday....

but that is no suprise with all the legislation at the state level that declared war on the middle class, women, lgbt's, hispanics and seniors? and you wonder why you lost???

YOU wake up!!

ps:or you can double down on stupid, like I see many tea tards doing this week.....
NO Tea tards left behind

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a republican by any means. I was a democrat until Obammy started his campaign to take my hard earned income and medical benefits. He is only teaching to be a lazy America, lay back ad let the rich pay your way, and to prove this, he has given away work that cna be done here in this country but choses to outsource it. No you idiot, I am very educated when it comes to what is mine and how I got it. You on the other hand must be I would guess under the age of 50 who got everything through a government assistance and don't want to lose that comfort, it has become a part of your life and existence and you know no other way to exist.
you souund like teatard

all too self interested...
NugentNuts

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Why has Ted Nugent gone nuts?

Well just look at him and you'll see he ain't got all his marbles.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/ted-...
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Talking to yourself again jackass?
What a dope!
Tired of trying to teach you Jr high school level social studies, you arenít bright enough to hold a conversation, there are others here that are.
NO Tea tards left behind

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
Im not sure?? because clinton left office with a 68% approval rating....

and Gore distanced himself from slick willy..

obama embraced him?? look at how positive that turned out for the party??

Bush eeked out a win due to being a bush and that he lied convincingly enough to hispanics and women voters.......

the current teathuglicans niminated romney?? and he was handcuffed from reaching out to ANY of these groups??

and these tea tards here on this thread wonder why romney lost??

he not only didnt reach out to them? his rethuglican collegues at the state level declared war on those groups...
NugentNuts

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Who else do we add to the "lost Marbles" list?

Steve Wynn

Karl Rove

Donald Trump

Koch Brothers

FOX news

Bill Orelliey or what ever his name is.

David Miller

Judy Nelson

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Tired of trying to teach you Jr high school level social studies, you arenít bright enough to hold a conversation, there are others here that are.
After finding evidence of guilt on two charges, the House impeached Clinton on Dec 19, 1998.

Twirl it, spin it do the Mona Lott dance!

What a jerk!
NugentNuts

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Who else do we add to the "lost Marbles" list?

Steve Wynn

Karl Rove

Donald Trump

Koch Brothers

FOX news

Bill Orelliey or what ever his name is.

David Miller

Judy Nelson

Tim Donnelly

Ron Paul

Roger P

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

NO Tea tards left behind wrote:
<quoted text>
no the idea was to keep Ryan/Romney out of office.....because they had a plan to VOUCHERIZE medicare, throwing million of future seniors to the wolves of the "free market"
so save the stereo typical tea tarded tripe that is derived from lies on faux news.......Romney was called out lying on the jeep ads, by the ceo's themselves.... I wonder why he lost OHIO?? you guys are so dumb..
mabey you can drift back twoards the center as a party, and participate in the poltical process again....
.... instead of just threatening to shut down the government, every time something doesnt go your way.
and you will have to because you guys REALLY got shellacked on tuesday....
but that is no suprise with all the legislation at the state level that declared war on the middle class, women, lgbt's, hispanics and seniors? and you wonder why you lost???
YOU wake up!!
ps:or you can double down on stupid, like I see many tea tards doing this week.....
Wolves are a protected species and should be !

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your point Mona?
Bill Clinton was impeached, plain and simple. That never changes, he will always be an impeached President.
The fact that the Senate failed to convict doesn't change the fact he was in fact impeached.
Mona's point is that I made him mad. A crime a narcissist must avenge at any cost.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a republican by any means. I was a democrat until Obammy started his campaign to take my hard earned income and medical benefits.
Um.... your taxes went DOWN under Obama. Exactly how do you figure he is taking away your medical benefits? Requiring people to buy insurance is taking away YOUR benefits???? HUH?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
The problem is I am talking to someone that is likely a foreigner that doesnít even understand how our government works.
Go back to Jr High school and learn just a little about our government.
If Clinton had been successfully impeached he would have been removed from office..
I get it that you donít understand what acquitted means, or a failed impeachment ( obviously )
I donít care how old you are, there are places where you can still learn to Jr High school level anyway
Bill Clinton was impeached on Dec 19, 1998 in the House. It wasn't a "failed impeachment". If it had been, it wouldn't have gone to the Senate where he was eventually acquitted.

What a dope!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Um.... your taxes went DOWN under Obama. Exactly how do you figure he is taking away your medical benefits? Requiring people to buy insurance is taking away YOUR benefits???? HUH?
It makes health insurance for those who pay their own way much more expensive so in effect it is taking away our health insurance.

miss thing!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 146,921 - 146,940 of199,126
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance