Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
146,901 - 146,920 of 200,342 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton was the best President we ahve had since FDR....Only thing Clinton did was bend and submit to the GOP and sign the evil vile NAFTA bill the GOP pushed through....Yes Clinton to save face said he supported it. But the Democrats had been fighting the GOP againt NAFTA since Reagan started trying to push it though...
We got stuck with Bush because Jeb Bush cheated in Florida in 2000....Then Bush and his buddy told swift boat lies to win in 2004....
GO CLinton, his bombs were good bombs when he killed all those civilians in Serbia. The Liberal bombs with the "D" on them are good ones. It kind of seems like your idol was caught lying about Libya to cover up his mistake.

“The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow.”— Bill Clinton in 1998

“I will be voting to give the president of the United States the authority to use force – if necessary – to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security.”— John F. Kerry, Oct 2002

There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein’s regime is a serious danger, that he is a tyrant, and that his pursuit of lethal weapons of mass destruction cannot be tolerated. He must be disarmed.”— Ted Kennedy, Sept 27, 2002

“As a member of the House Intelligence Committee, I am keenly aware that the proliferation of chemical and biological weapons is an issue of grave importance to all nations. Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process.”— Nancy Pelosi, December 16, 1998

“I am absolutely convinced that there are weapons…I saw evidence back in 1998 when we would see the inspectors being barred from gaining entry into a warehouse for three hours with trucks rolling up and then moving those trucks out.”— Clinton’s Secretary of Defense William Cohen in April of 2003

“Iraq is not the only nation in the world to possess weapons of mass destruction, but it is the only nation with a leader who has used them against his own people.”— Tom Daschle in 1998
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

The Real Butchers Of Serbia: Clinton, Clark, NATO

It was Bill Clinton who turned Serbia into a DU ridden hellhole and it was Bill Clinton who initiated sanctions in Iraq that killed 500,000 children, a "price worth paying," according to his Secretary of State Madeleine Albright.

, in February 2007, the International Court of Justice formally cleared Serbia of any charges of genocide. Of course, the decision came a year too late for Milosevic.

President Clinton actually placed our military side-by-side with terrorists. The Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA) was made up of mercenaries and foreign nationals mostly from Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and Afghanistan.

In Feb. of 1999, Sen. Bob Smith (R-NH) said:“We are in essence becoming the Air Force for the KLA.”

Serbia did not pose any threat to the U.S. and the actions taken by Milosevic were an internal security matter. The Serbian military was fighting against Muslim the KLA. However, the liberal media never once questioned Clinton’s motives nor do they to this day.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Shit, your sister IS my daughter, son.........think about it. Ask your mom why she kept my picture in her room......
Last one was a good one, now you're getting great!

TOO Funny!

P.S. I try to remember to tell that particular punk ass troll to SCRAM!
NoHairTrump

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Where has the hairless wonder gone?

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Zen Master Uno wrote:
<quoted text>You're stupid and you do not need a legal contract in order to be stupid.
You are still into sadism, necrophilia and bestiality, because you only like beating dead horses. It gets you around the consent thing.
Speaking of stupid...
That was a JOKE!
Sadism, necrophilia and bestiality...beating a dead horse...
Get it?

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose Tactic #1
<quoted text>
Rose Tactic #4
<quoted text>
Rose Tactic # 2
<quoted text>
Rose Tactic #5 and 7
<quoted text>
Rose Tactic #2 and 5
<quoted text>
Rose Tactic # 2 and 7
Poor little Rose, so terribly wants to be taken seriously.
Rose tactic #1- Act stupid-(not so sure it is an act)
Rose Tactic #2- Misdirect
Rose Tactic #3- Make stupid comments until opposition is tired of replying then claim victory
Rose Tactic #4- Attack the poster
Rose Tactic #5 scream Racist, Bigot, Homophobe
Rose Tactic #6- Act intelligent by making silly statistical references such as- Most people who have anal sex are straight-
Rose Tactic #7- Falsely accuse others of lies- when proven wrong through links to previous posts revert back to tactics 2,4 and 5.
Akpilot tactic #1 - avoid discussion by posting his silly list lies and personal attacks, then blame me for the fact he can't have an adult discussion.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of stupid...
That was a JOKE!
Sadism, necrophilia and bestiality...beating a dead horse...
Get it?
No.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Akpilot tactic #1 - avoid discussion by posting his silly list lies and personal attacks, then blame me for the fact he can't have an adult discussion.
Rose_NoHo tactic #1 - avoid Mike DiRucci!

Too Funny!

Since: Sep 08

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose Tactic #1
<quoted text>
Rose Tactic #4
<quoted text>
Rose Tactic # 2
<quoted text>
Rose Tactic #5 and 7
<quoted text>
Rose Tactic #2 and 5
<quoted text>
Rose Tactic # 2 and 7
Rose Tactic #3- Make stupid comments until opposition is tired of replying then claim victory
Rose Tactic #6- Act intelligent by making silly statistical references such as- Most people who have anal sex are straight-
Rose Tactic #7- Falsely accuse others of lies- when proven wrong through links to previous posts revert back to tactics 2,4 and 5.
Gloop.
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
People given the choice will migrate towards better schools, with that migration that schools will be better funded and hire more and better teachers expanding their programs. Other schools will then have to compete or fail. When they fail, just like anything else, that void will be filled. Another school which is profiting from it's successful model, will expand into that void providing better education to those people as well.
The free market does work.
So when all the low end students who are dragging down the poor performing schools use their vouchers to transfer over to the good schools, how does that not drag the good schools down?

The free market works because someone wins and someone loses. With vouchers, the losers get to go to the same place as the winners and poison the well.

Your model leads to all the bad schools closing and the good schools getting less money per student, because now they have to pay for the infrastructure to transport them. The closed bad schools won't be replaced because nobody is going to take their kid out of the good school to give the new school a try. Not to mention, who's going to pay startup costs?

Vouchers work to help get a limited number of good students out of a bad school, but it just doesn't work in a universal application.

The answer lies in finding something to do with the bad students who are ruining it for everyone else. They divert so much time and resources.
Teaching to the test is nonsense.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>
So when all the low end students who are dragging down the poor performing schools use their vouchers to transfer over to the good schools, how does that not drag the good schools down?
The free market works because someone wins and someone loses. With vouchers, the losers get to go to the same place as the winners and poison the well.
Your model leads to all the bad schools closing and the good schools getting less money per student, because now they have to pay for the infrastructure to transport them. The closed bad schools won't be replaced because nobody is going to take their kid out of the good school to give the new school a try. Not to mention, who's going to pay startup costs?
Vouchers work to help get a limited number of good students out of a bad school, but it just doesn't work in a universal application.
The answer lies in finding something to do with the bad students who are ruining it for everyone else. They divert so much time and resources.
Oh boy. Look who's back!

Yeah, yeah it's nonsense. bla bla bla.

What a dope!

Fun!
TEAtards left behind

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't disagree with anything you said here aside from the vouchers. People given the choice will migrate towards better schools, with that migration that schools will be better funded and hire more and better teachers expanding their programs. Other schools will then have to compete or fail. When they fail, just like anything else, that void will be filled. Another school which is profiting from it's successful model, will expand into that void providing better education to those people as well.
The free market does work.
But I still think critical thinking is the key, we need to start teaching it again, and stop teaching regurgitation just to pass a test and make the school look good.
hey sky pilot....

you seem to be a bit blearly eyed....

the free markets work fine for those of means....

we cant all be people of means......other wise there wouldnt be anyone to do the actual work.

Ill bet you own some stock....OIL STOCK??

so the system works fine does it?? then why do real wages keep declining?? while CEO saleries are now at roughly 350 times the the average worker..??

sound like you live in cloud city....
TEAtards left behind

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>
you said something that makes sense....

just one thing...

testing isnt going to help our students?? unless we put money into teaching them to pass those tests..

Ive only seen drop out rates increase, in places where MCAS style testing was applied.

the rethuglican approach to education leads to a more supliat resevoir of hopelessly uneducated labor.

it is the same approach they use in the abortion/BC debate...

they are adamantly opposed to abortion? but at the same time? are against the methods that prevent unwanted pregnancies..

and not all the repubs are this socially conservative....

but about a quarter of the electorate is serious learning impaired....... because of these recruiting methods that the tea party uses.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

NonPsycho Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You angry, bro?
No. You are.

Now SCRAM troll!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Nope, it wasn’t the failed impeachment, people already knew what a partisan witch hunt it was, that was a joke and everyone knew it.

The problem was the scandal itself, if he had kept his pecker in his pants, we would never have had to suffer GW Bush

We have no idea how that would have turned out, but I can hardly imagine it being worse than what we had.
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

NonPsycho Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Bruno,
In my heart of hearts, I really wish you would grow up and start educating yourself.
Here's a start: An editorial that illustrates how the President is pretty much a moderate Republican, and more so than the blow-hards you've been aping would ever admit:
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politi...
And seriously, Bruno, you're a blue-collar slob, the republicans only want your vote and tax money. They don't actually like you and they will never do anything to help you out.
I'm not a republican by any means. I was a democrat until Obammy started his campaign to take my hard earned income and medical benefits. He is only teaching to be a lazy America, lay back ad let the rich pay your way, and to prove this, he has given away work that cna be done here in this country but choses to outsource it. No you idiot, I am very educated when it comes to what is mine and how I got it. You on the other hand must be I would guess under the age of 50 who got everything through a government assistance and don't want to lose that comfort, it has become a part of your life and existence and you know no other way to exist.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Big D wrote:
Nope, it wasn’t the failed impeachment, people already knew what a partisan witch hunt it was, that was a joke and everyone knew it.
The problem was the scandal itself, if he had kept his pecker in his pants, we would never have had to suffer GW Bush
We have no idea how that would have turned out, but I can hardly imagine it being worse than what we had.
Talking to yourself again jackass?

What a dope!
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush didn't do it all alone. This was a bipartisan path we were headed down for yeeeeaaars before he got in office. His actions certainly didn't help. Or I guess I should say they did help with the crash. Wars and tax cuts don't go hand in hand. If he'd have pushed for the money to pay for the war it wouldn't have happened though. Too few would have chewed on the bait.
lol reality check!... Exactly the same for obammy, he didn't do anything in his four years either you stupid dumbazzz. Wake up and smell the coffee. obammy is coming after your job, SS and medical benefits you sap.
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose Tactic #1
<quoted text>
Rose Tactic #4
<quoted text>
Rose Tactic # 2
<quoted text>
Rose Tactic #5 and 7
<quoted text>
Rose Tactic #2 and 5
<quoted text>
Rose Tactic # 2 and 7
You are going into a tail spin, Just play along and quit taking ths thread so damn serious.
NO Tea tards left behind

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
lol reality check!... Exactly the same for obammy, he didn't do anything in his four years either you stupid dumbazzz. Wake up and smell the coffee. obammy is coming after your job, SS and medical benefits you sap.
no the idea was to keep Ryan/Romney out of office.....because they had a plan to VOUCHERIZE medicare, throwing million of future seniors to the wolves of the "free market"

so save the stereo typical tea tarded tripe that is derived from lies on faux news.......Romney was called out lying on the jeep ads, by the ceo's themselves.... I wonder why he lost OHIO?? you guys are so dumb..

mabey you can drift back twoards the center as a party, and participate in the poltical process again....

.... instead of just threatening to shut down the government, every time something doesnt go your way.

and you will have to because you guys REALLY got shellacked on tuesday....

but that is no suprise with all the legislation at the state level that declared war on the middle class, women, lgbt's, hispanics and seniors? and you wonder why you lost???

YOU wake up!!

ps:or you can double down on stupid, like I see many tea tards doing this week.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••