Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
146,881 - 146,900 of 200,576 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Alhambra, CA

#167383 Nov 8, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
On December 19, 1998 the House found evidence of guilt on obstruction of justice and perjury by Bill Clinton and IMPEACHED him.
Look it up jackass!
You do realize you've just sent this in response to a guy who's original comment included the phrase: "I never said he was not impeached"?

My gawd! Get some Prozac!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#167386 Nov 8, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that he is wrong is beyond arguing, it is a fact, Clinton was not removed from office, and would have been if the impeachment had been successful. Clinton was acquitted, another word he doesn’t know the meaning of.
You are saying he is only acting like he is this stupid? I suppose I will give him the benefit of the doubt, I think he actually is that stupid, not just pretending to be.
Bill Clinton was impeached.

Twirl it spin it and look foolish. How could the impeachment be a failure if he wasn't impeached?!

I never said he was removed from office. I never said he wasn't acquitted in the Senate. You hang me for an insignificant semantics error while you make a huge logic error.

I repeat Bill Clinton was impeached, had to have been in order to be acquitted.

What a dope!
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#167387 Nov 8, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
And so are yours.
Everything I said about Clinton's impeachment is correct except I said the House "found him guilty". That was incorrect. I should have said the House "found evidence of guilt".
Let's all sing:

Do I hear a waltz?
Very odd, but I hear a voice.
There isn't a band
And I don't understand it at all.
I can't hear a waltz,
Oh, my Lord, there it goes again!
Why is nobody dancing in the street?
Can't they hear the beat?
Magical, mystical, miracle,
Can it be?
Is it true?
Things are impossibly lyrical.
Is it me?
No, it's you!
I do hear a waltz
I see you and I hear a waltz!
It's what I've been waiting for all my life to hear a waltz!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167388 Nov 8, 2012
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize you've just sent this in response to a guy who's original comment included the phrase: "I never said he was not impeached"?
My gawd! Get some Prozac!
Prozac eh? You need that? I heard it makes you call yourself "nonpsycho" and other crazy sh!t. No thanks!
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Alhambra, CA

#167390 Nov 8, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Prozac eh? You need that? I heard it makes you call yourself "nonpsycho" and other crazy sh!t. No thanks!
You really should take your doctors orders and follow up on that prescription. He might help you with your obsessions...

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167392 Nov 8, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's all sing:
Do I hear a waltz?
Very odd, but I hear a voice.
There isn't a band
And I don't understand it at all.
I can't hear a waltz,
Oh, my Lord, there it goes again!
Why is nobody dancing in the street?
Can't they hear the beat?
Magical, mystical, miracle,
Can it be?
Is it true?
Things are impossibly lyrical.
Is it me?
No, it's you!
I do hear a waltz
I see you and I hear a waltz!
It's what I've been waiting for all my life to hear a waltz!
Funny, I don't hear that, I hear this:

&fe ature=fvwrel

Funny!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167393 Nov 8, 2012
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should take your doctors orders and follow up on that prescription. He might help you with your obsessions...
He didn't help you with yours. They seem to have flared up even worse.

Now SCRAM Troll!
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Alhambra, CA

#167394 Nov 8, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't help you with yours. They seem to have flared up even worse.
Now SCRAM Troll!
You angry, bro?
TopThisWillard

Monrovia, CA

#167395 Nov 8, 2012
President Barack Obama takes California for the votes and is launched 120,000 feet above the earth, November 5, 2012.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#167396 Nov 8, 2012
From pg 7264...
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice critique, but the fact remains that you have focused on nothing except that facile view that you wish us to focus on, thus ignoring the more complete description that I have previously stated. 2 men or 2 women cannot possibly substitute for the complete upbringing provided by a balanced and natural biological set of parents.
Not true. To the point of being dangerously false, in fact.

IF the child has the option of living with loving parents who will nurture and care for the child and provide a stable home life, THAT is what is the best for the child. And it does not matter at all what the gender mix of the parents is, if they fulfill that duty.

It is in fact FAR better for a kid to be raised by a pair of loving and nurturing same sex parents than to be raised by both of their biological parents if those parents are abusive or neglectful.
R Hudson wrote:
These children would be denied the access to one or the other parent, and the result is that these children will be raised by one party who has no blood relationship with them.
Any time there are step parents involved, there is the risk that that step parent will not be as good as a biological parent.

On the other hand, given how many hurdles there are for a gay couple to become parents, that is an indicator that they really want to raise the child, that it was not just an accident.
R Hudson wrote:
They will always be deprived of either a mother or a father role model. Same-sex “marriage” ignores a child’s best interests. Period.
And this last is just dumb. It MIGHT be a valid point IF the parents were the ONLY adults that they child would ever come in contact with while they were growing up, but that is not the case. Just like ALL other children, the children of a same sex couple will have MANY people in their lives. What matters FAR more for the development of the child is that the parents be able to model how a supporting family operates, and how to treat one's partner with love and respect.
Winston Smith

Tappahannock, VA

#167397 Nov 8, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh good gawd....Sexual crap is a private issue.. Bush destroyed this nation seconomy sunk us into 7 trillion worth of wars.....And you attack a guy for having sex...Weird.
Bush didn't do it all alone. This was a bipartisan path we were headed down for yeeeeaaars before he got in office. His actions certainly didn't help. Or I guess I should say they did help with the crash. Wars and tax cuts don't go hand in hand. If he'd have pushed for the money to pay for the war it wouldn't have happened though. Too few would have chewed on the bait.

Location hidden

#167401 Nov 8, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
IKYABWAI?
LOL, and then you call me childish.
Rose Tactic #1
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
LOL. What an arrogant little prick you are.
And you always have been, you started out that way.
Rose Tactic #4
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you claim it's my fault that you can't have an adult conversation.
Rose Tactic # 2
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
What's wrong with pointing out bigotry?
You've made racist comments against me. I'm not supposed to point that out?
Rose Tactic #5 and 7
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Again, you are just a hypocritical prick. You just make personal attacks against me. Anybody looking at your posts can see that.
Why bother to lie?
Rose Tactic #2 and 5
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Making racist comments against me, then acting innocent is not an argument.
Rose Tactic # 2 and 7

Poor little Rose, so terribly wants to be taken seriously.

Rose tactic #1- Act stupid-(not so sure it is an act)
Rose Tactic #2- Misdirect
Rose Tactic #3- Make stupid comments until opposition is tired of replying then claim victory
Rose Tactic #4- Attack the poster
Rose Tactic #5 scream Racist, Bigot, Homophobe
Rose Tactic #6- Act intelligent by making silly statistical references such as- Most people who have anal sex are straight-
Rose Tactic #7- Falsely accuse others of lies- when proven wrong through links to previous posts revert back to tactics 2,4 and 5.
NoHairTrump

Monrovia, CA

#167403 Nov 8, 2012
NO HAIR - Donald Trump calls Obama’s 2012 re-election a ‘total sham’ of course after taking one look at Donald Trump

Location hidden

#167404 Nov 8, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I attended public schools (I even put up protest when my parents wanted to move me to a private school). Some of us learned, some of us didn't. The school really can't be blamed for that, parenting, and other at home influences were, IMHO, to blame. The mess that we currently see with our schools is multifaceted and cannot be blamed on the left or the right. Blame falls across the board. All the teaching methods are different as kids are taught to pass tests rather than taught to learn things in the fashion you state. Memorize some facts, vomit them out on paper, move on to the next act. My receptionist's oldest daughter graduated high school with reasonably decent marks. Upon entering college she floundered with some very basic maths and required tutoring to get through it. Now she's doing fairly well since actually learning some things. NCLB, what a waste.
The school system may be in shambles, but our parents aren't doing much better, especially with regard to their kid's educations. I have several clients that are teachers, retired and active, and a sister that is a retired teacher. Without fail all of them point to a difference in the dynamics between parents, teachers, the school board, principals, and kids. When I was a kid (you too probably) and I got into trouble in school, there was going to be a coalition of opposition for me. It included my parents, my teacher, and my principal (and the rest of the staff at the school depending upon the nature of the infraction). Now, I as the kid, have at my side, my parents (their little darling would never do that), and possibly a lawyer, while the teacher is hung out to dry.
Throwing more money at it won't fix it. Having committee meetings to discuss new programs won't fix it. Privatization of public schools won't fix it. Vouchers for private schools won't fix it. Turning the dynamic around so kids can experience immediate consequences for being a fuck up instead of being waved on through the system (god forbid little Johnny know the sting of a failing grade AND, oh noes, have to repeat a grade) where they find themselves total failures because they haven't learned a damn thing.
I don't disagree with anything you said here aside from the vouchers. People given the choice will migrate towards better schools, with that migration that schools will be better funded and hire more and better teachers expanding their programs. Other schools will then have to compete or fail. When they fail, just like anything else, that void will be filled. Another school which is profiting from it's successful model, will expand into that void providing better education to those people as well.

The free market does work.

But I still think critical thinking is the key, we need to start teaching it again, and stop teaching regurgitation just to pass a test and make the school look good.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167406 Nov 8, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Having sex, breaking his oath of fidelity to his wife, lying about it.....what's so weird about trying to throw out the trash ?
The sex was cool. Breaking the oath of fidelity to his wife worrisome, but really just between them. The lying about it was his only crime to me.

Hard not to like Slick Willy, he sure has charisma and times were good when he was pres. but I don't know how much credit he should get for that, they were generally good all he had to do was not F*** it up.

He was impeached on Dec 19, 1998.
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#167410 Nov 8, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton was the best President we ahve had since FDR....Only thing Clinton did was bend and submit to the GOP and sign the evil vile NAFTA bill the GOP pushed through....Yes Clinton to save face said he supported it. But the Democrats had been fighting the GOP againt NAFTA since Reagan started trying to push it though...
We got stuck with Bush because Jeb Bush cheated in Florida in 2000....Then Bush and his buddy told swift boat lies to win in 2004....
GO CLinton, his bombs were good bombs when he killed all those civilians in Serbia. The Liberal bombs with the "D" on them are good ones. It kind of seems like your idol was caught lying about Libya to cover up his mistake.

“The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow.”— Bill Clinton in 1998

“I will be voting to give the president of the United States the authority to use force – if necessary – to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security.”— John F. Kerry, Oct 2002

There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein’s regime is a serious danger, that he is a tyrant, and that his pursuit of lethal weapons of mass destruction cannot be tolerated. He must be disarmed.”— Ted Kennedy, Sept 27, 2002

“As a member of the House Intelligence Committee, I am keenly aware that the proliferation of chemical and biological weapons is an issue of grave importance to all nations. Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process.”— Nancy Pelosi, December 16, 1998

“I am absolutely convinced that there are weapons…I saw evidence back in 1998 when we would see the inspectors being barred from gaining entry into a warehouse for three hours with trucks rolling up and then moving those trucks out.”— Clinton’s Secretary of Defense William Cohen in April of 2003

“Iraq is not the only nation in the world to possess weapons of mass destruction, but it is the only nation with a leader who has used them against his own people.”— Tom Daschle in 1998
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#167412 Nov 8, 2012
The Real Butchers Of Serbia: Clinton, Clark, NATO

It was Bill Clinton who turned Serbia into a DU ridden hellhole and it was Bill Clinton who initiated sanctions in Iraq that killed 500,000 children, a "price worth paying," according to his Secretary of State Madeleine Albright.

, in February 2007, the International Court of Justice formally cleared Serbia of any charges of genocide. Of course, the decision came a year too late for Milosevic.

President Clinton actually placed our military side-by-side with terrorists. The Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA) was made up of mercenaries and foreign nationals mostly from Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and Afghanistan.

In Feb. of 1999, Sen. Bob Smith (R-NH) said:“We are in essence becoming the Air Force for the KLA.”

Serbia did not pose any threat to the U.S. and the actions taken by Milosevic were an internal security matter. The Serbian military was fighting against Muslim the KLA. However, the liberal media never once questioned Clinton’s motives nor do they to this day.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167417 Nov 8, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Shit, your sister IS my daughter, son.........think about it. Ask your mom why she kept my picture in her room......
Last one was a good one, now you're getting great!

TOO Funny!

P.S. I try to remember to tell that particular punk ass troll to SCRAM!
NoHairTrump

Monrovia, CA

#167418 Nov 8, 2012
Where has the hairless wonder gone?

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#167419 Nov 8, 2012
Zen Master Uno wrote:
<quoted text>You're stupid and you do not need a legal contract in order to be stupid.
You are still into sadism, necrophilia and bestiality, because you only like beating dead horses. It gets you around the consent thing.
Speaking of stupid...
That was a JOKE!
Sadism, necrophilia and bestiality...beating a dead horse...
Get it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 68,943
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr lechezz 4,998
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 5 hr Tank ever 7,926
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... 12 hr JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles 14 hr Money 1
Mills brothers face new lawsuits over loans (Nov '08) Tue Plain Simple 16
MONTEREY HERALD LOSS monterey bay, monterey cit... Aug 26 roensoledad 2
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••