Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
146,841 - 146,860 of 200,324 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Then, you are now stating that you don't know what I want ? Exactly.
Red Herring = Argument that I can't counter, as it would damage my non-existent credibility.
No, look up the term "red herring".
And then notice I haven't stated a position on polygamy, it's just not an equal rights issue, and thus a red herring.
R Hudson wrote:
Thank you for the admission, though tacit, that you cannot reason that one out, without conceding my point. And subsequently admitting that "equal rights" isn't your game, it is selective admission to society. "Some are more equal than others"....and all that...else you'd simply admit the truth of my statement.
Not at all stupid, if a man could marry more than one woman, but a woman couldn't marry more than one man, we'd have an equal rights issue. But that's not the case. Nobody can marry more than one person. Should they be able to? Start a thread on that topic, OK?

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought we had solved the mistake of confusing he and I. Still trying more "typos", are you ? I am the one who picks at your typos. Not AKPilot....."sigh"
Both of you do.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.......... Do I hear a waltz?
Nope, you hear nothing except the emptiness of narcissistic "victory" from nitpicking semantics for 2 days.

Someone said "found him guilty" instead of "found evidence of guilt" and you caught the mistake! What a great victory! Are you going to celebrate tonight or stick around nitpicking someone else's posts to boring death?

Of course you have proved nothing, everything I said about Clinton's impeachment is true. Semantics, your only hope to win an argument. And that's not winning the argument at all.

Have misery!

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you looking in the mirror again?
<quoted text>
IKYABWAI?
LOL, and then you call me childish.
akpilot wrote:
Nothing? Like I said Rose, many years ago I attempted to converse with you. To this day I occasionally take a moment to try and explain things to you,
LOL. What an arrogant little prick you are.
And you always have been, you started out that way.
Then you claim it's my fault that you can't have an adult conversation.
akpilot wrote:
and each time you have reverted back to your childish nature of calling everyone a bigot, racist, and homophobe.
What's wrong with pointing out bigotry?
You've made racist comments against me. I'm not supposed to point that out?
akpilot wrote:
So no Rose, with the way you act, don't expect me or anyone else to take you seriously or attempt an intelligent conversation with you.
Again, you are just a hypocritical prick. You just make personal attacks against me. Anybody looking at your posts can see that.
Why bother to lie?
akpilot wrote:
You have to actually make an argument for someone to counter it Rose, and screaming- Bigot, Racist, and homophobe is not an argument.
Making racist comments against me, then acting innocent is not an argument.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, look up the term "red herring".
And then notice I haven't stated a position on polygamy, it's just not an equal rights issue, and thus a red herring.
<quoted text>
Not at all stupid, if a man could marry more than one woman, but a woman couldn't marry more than one man, we'd have an equal rights issue. But that's not the case. Nobody can marry more than one person. Should they be able to? Start a thread on that topic, OK?
It's hard to believe you actually believe equal rights applies only to sex.

So you don't think different races should have equal rights? Different religions? Different incomes? etc.

What a dope.
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm gonna make your day now miss thing! I was horribly and terribly wrong to use the word "guilty" when I should have said "evidence of guilt".
So sue me! Just don't narcissist me!
Too Funny!
Don't forget, you were also wrong to say (and keep bringing up) that Mona had ever said that Clinton was not impeached.
Crying Repubs

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Go here to see some cry babbies located in Republican country, Glendora, California.

http://glendora.patch.com/articles/local-repu...

This Republican controlled city has brought city services to it's knees, because the city manager and city council can't see the forest from the tree.

Meaning they are ignorant and there waiting with hands held out for the Feds or the State to save them from their own financial stupity.

Chris Jeffers - Republican.

Jeff Kugel - Republican.

Gene Murabito - Republican.

Judy Nelson - Republican.

Joseph Santoro - Republican

Karen Davis

Douglas Tessitor

D. Wayne Leech

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

NonPsycho Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget, you were also wrong to say (and keep bringing up) that Mona had ever said that Clinton was not impeached.
So sue me. Will the plaintiff's name be "NonPsycho Mike DiRucci"? I'll look out for it.

Too funny!

Now SCRAM troll!
Winston Smith

Hyattsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
What can I say? Some people just go through life with blinders on.
A lot of this can be attributed to our educational system and in all honesty the internet and TV.
Now I am not trying to sound like some fuddy duddy from the 50's, but follow the logic for a second.
Our educational system no longer teaches critical thinking skills, everything is spoon fed to you, simply regurgitate without question and you will pass the test.
This idea that we don't need critical thinking is further confirmed through the internet and TV. With the internet we think we can simply google and find the answers, since we are taught to simply read and regurgitate we no longer check sources or question what we read so long as it confirms what we are trying to prove. Television, with its 24 hour "news" cycle, and lack of investigative reporting further solidifies that we no longer require critical thinking. They will tell us what is important and will draw up the conclusion's and result's for us. Again no need to think.
This mentality is also what is leading us to look to government for the solution to all our problems, and it isn't going to be pretty once we "get our wish."
I attended public schools (I even put up protest when my parents wanted to move me to a private school). Some of us learned, some of us didn't. The school really can't be blamed for that, parenting, and other at home influences were, IMHO, to blame. The mess that we currently see with our schools is multifaceted and cannot be blamed on the left or the right. Blame falls across the board. All the teaching methods are different as kids are taught to pass tests rather than taught to learn things in the fashion you state. Memorize some facts, vomit them out on paper, move on to the next act. My receptionist's oldest daughter graduated high school with reasonably decent marks. Upon entering college she floundered with some very basic maths and required tutoring to get through it. Now she's doing fairly well since actually learning some things. NCLB, what a waste.

The school system may be in shambles, but our parents aren't doing much better, especially with regard to their kid's educations. I have several clients that are teachers, retired and active, and a sister that is a retired teacher. Without fail all of them point to a difference in the dynamics between parents, teachers, the school board, principals, and kids. When I was a kid (you too probably) and I got into trouble in school, there was going to be a coalition of opposition for me. It included my parents, my teacher, and my principal (and the rest of the staff at the school depending upon the nature of the infraction). Now, I as the kid, have at my side, my parents (their little darling would never do that), and possibly a lawyer, while the teacher is hung out to dry.

Throwing more money at it won't fix it. Having committee meetings to discuss new programs won't fix it. Privatization of public schools won't fix it. Vouchers for private schools won't fix it. Turning the dynamic around so kids can experience immediate consequences for being a fuck up instead of being waved on through the system (god forbid little Johnny know the sting of a failing grade AND, oh noes, have to repeat a grade) where they find themselves total failures because they haven't learned a damn thing.
sameer

Satellite Provider

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

mera lund khada hai koi ladki hai kya jise chudna ho mujhe se
Can Do

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Don't get me going so early in the week now.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

NonPsycho Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw--He knows. He's just a very small man who can't accept that he's wrong.
He reminds me of my friend's short-haired pointer. The dog, a rescue, ain't quite right in the head, and will obsess on random things (like a smudge in the paint) and can't be drawn away from whatever he's staring at.
Well that he is wrong is beyond arguing, it is a fact, Clinton was not removed from office, and would have been if the impeachment had been successful. Clinton was acquitted, another word he doesnít know the meaning of.

You are saying he is only acting like he is this stupid? I suppose I will give him the benefit of the doubt, I think he actually is that stupid, not just pretending to be.
NevStupids

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Since President Obama won reelection, a rather stupid Nev. employer fired 22 employees.

Thats how stupid those Tea Party - Tea Baggers are!

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2012/11/07/vegas...

Glendora, California has a chapter and member, Judy Nelson and Debbie Neal. They just like taking Federal grant food away from children..

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that he is wrong is beyond arguing, it is a fact, Clinton was not removed from office, and would have been if the impeachment had been successful. Clinton was acquitted, another word he doesnít know the meaning of.
You are saying he is only acting like he is this stupid? I suppose I will give him the benefit of the doubt, I think he actually is that stupid, not just pretending to be.
That you are wrong is beyond arguing I never said Clinton was found guilty in the Senate nor did I say he was removed from office. I just said The House "found him guilty and impeached him" instead of saying the House "found evidence of guilt and impeached him". So sue me jackass! But don't be a liar, tell the truth, I simply made a semantics mistake. You said he wasn't impeached, that's a HUGE mistake compared to mine.

Be very careful you don't make a similar mistake, when you f*** up, I'll be there!

What a jerk. Like Hyenas, you and your troll buddy. Jump on Mona's crazy semantics attack like the cowards you are.

I made a simple mistake in semantics, I man up and admit the trivial offence anyone else but Mona would have ignored. If your troll buddy made a mistake he'd change his name, steal someone else's nic. And if you made one I doubt you'd admit it.

What dopes!
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

What percent of colored people voted for obammy

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

NevStupids wrote:
Since President Obama won reelection, a rather stupid Nev. employer fired 22 employees.
Thats how stupid those Tea Party - Tea Baggers are!
http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2012/11/07/vegas...
Glendora, California has a chapter and member, Judy Nelson and Debbie Neal. They just like taking Federal grant food away from children..
The far righters are TRAITORS....They will crash the economy and destroy this nation for there greed racism bigotry and hate...
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
That you are wrong is beyond arguing I never said Clinton was found guilty in the Senate nor did I say he was removed from office. I just said The House "found him guilty and impeached him" instead of saying the House "found evidence of guilt and impeached him". So sue me jackass! But don't be a liar, tell the truth, I simply made a semantics mistake. You said he wasn't impeached, that's a HUGE mistake compared to mine.
Be very careful you don't make a similar mistake, when you f*** up, I'll be there!
What a jerk. Like Hyenas, you and your troll buddy. Jump on Mona's crazy semantics attack like the cowards you are.
I made a simple mistake in semantics, I man up and admit the trivial offence anyone else but Mona would have ignored. If your troll buddy made a mistake he'd change his name, steal someone else's nic. And if you made one I doubt you'd admit it.
What dopes!
Lying wonít help you, I never said he was not impeached, I said the impeachment was a failure

Look it up
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

I doubt obammy will keep his promisses. He used the poor, down-trotted and queers to get the vote, there is now way he can do all that he said he would do, it will ltake yet another four years. I hope you stupid people are happy now. His family and extended families will continue the good life of travel on our money.
NevStupids

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Why Mitt Romney lost?

Willard Mitt Romney lost the election because he couldn't separate himself from the Republican Partyís growing extremism. That included KKK, SkinHeads, Racists and alike cowards of America that escaped prison or mental institutions.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

NevStupids wrote:
Why Mitt Romney lost?
Willard Mitt Romney lost the election because he couldn't separate himself from the Republican Partyís growing extremism. That included KKK, SkinHeads, Racists and alike cowards of America that escaped prison or mental institutions.
That is the problem, you have to appeal to the tea party and religious extremists to get nominated, and in doing so, you alienate everyone else.

That problem is going to get bigger and bigger as time goes on.

The question is, will the GOP recognize what everyone else already sees. They must marginalize their fringes or resign themselves to failure.

This issue isnít going to go away, they have to start looking at the country as what it is, not what it used to be. The past is past, we are not going back to the 1950ís ( thank goodness )

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••