Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 20 comments on the Aug 4, 2010, www.cnn.com story titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

TedNugent

Monrovia, CA

#167373 Nov 8, 2012
Ted Nugent is just a tired old man looking for a fight, rather than admithe is worthless piece of Dung.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#167374 Nov 8, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, right.... you forget one thing. All of your posts are right here for anyone to read and see what a liar you are.
And so are yours.

Everything I said about Clinton's impeachment is correct except I said the House "found him guilty". That was incorrect. I should have said the House "found evidence of guilt".

You won a great narcissist victory! Found a semantics error. Bask in the glory gracefully! Don't be such a sore loser.

P.S. Only a psycho wouldn't just ignore that error or just mention it. Not make his whole case about why I am "Wrong" for two days! And you ain't done yet I see!

Dance miss thing dance! The more you dance the more crazy you look.

Insane!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167375 Nov 8, 2012
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Bruno,
In my heart of hearts, I really wish you would grow up and start educating yourself.
Here's a start: An editorial that illustrates how the President is pretty much a moderate Republican, and more so than the blow-hards you've been aping would ever admit:
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politi...
And seriously, Bruno, you're a blue-collar slob, the republicans only want your vote and tax money. They don't actually like you and they will never do anything to help you out.
In contrast to the democrats who love him so!

Too Funny!
TedNugent

Monrovia, CA

#167376 Nov 8, 2012
Keep this crack-Pot locked up on his ranch or what ever he calls his compound

Ted Nugent is just a tired old man looking for a fight, rather than admit he is worthless piece of Dung.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167377 Nov 8, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I have to disagree, if Clinton had kept his private parts in his pants we would have had a very different president the following 8 years.
If he didn't lie about it. He could have been honest and promptly admitted it, said he was real sorry but it's a private matter between me and my wife bla bla bla and come out just fine. The dishonesty is the problem. And it's too bad. I liked him.

Jackass!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167378 Nov 8, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
...You mean, your daughter.....
Good one!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167379 Nov 8, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you.
You're welcome toots!
TedNugent

Monrovia, CA

#167381 Nov 8, 2012
The family of a man shot and killed in February by a Sacramento County sheriff's deputy sued the county and Sheriff Scott Jones on Thursday, seeking more than $10 million in compensation for alleged constitutional violations.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167382 Nov 8, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh good gawd....Sexual crap is a private issue.. Bush destroyed this nation seconomy sunk us into 7 trillion worth of wars.....And you attack a guy for having sex...Weird.
Exactly. The president of the USA deserves a bj anytime he wants one in my book. And it's nobody's business except his, the blower and his wife.
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Alhambra, CA

#167383 Nov 8, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
On December 19, 1998 the House found evidence of guilt on obstruction of justice and perjury by Bill Clinton and IMPEACHED him.
Look it up jackass!
You do realize you've just sent this in response to a guy who's original comment included the phrase: "I never said he was not impeached"?

My gawd! Get some Prozac!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167386 Nov 8, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that he is wrong is beyond arguing, it is a fact, Clinton was not removed from office, and would have been if the impeachment had been successful. Clinton was acquitted, another word he doesn’t know the meaning of.
You are saying he is only acting like he is this stupid? I suppose I will give him the benefit of the doubt, I think he actually is that stupid, not just pretending to be.
Bill Clinton was impeached.

Twirl it spin it and look foolish. How could the impeachment be a failure if he wasn't impeached?!

I never said he was removed from office. I never said he wasn't acquitted in the Senate. You hang me for an insignificant semantics error while you make a huge logic error.

I repeat Bill Clinton was impeached, had to have been in order to be acquitted.

What a dope!
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#167387 Nov 8, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
And so are yours.
Everything I said about Clinton's impeachment is correct except I said the House "found him guilty". That was incorrect. I should have said the House "found evidence of guilt".
Let's all sing:

Do I hear a waltz?
Very odd, but I hear a voice.
There isn't a band
And I don't understand it at all.
I can't hear a waltz,
Oh, my Lord, there it goes again!
Why is nobody dancing in the street?
Can't they hear the beat?
Magical, mystical, miracle,
Can it be?
Is it true?
Things are impossibly lyrical.
Is it me?
No, it's you!
I do hear a waltz
I see you and I hear a waltz!
It's what I've been waiting for all my life to hear a waltz!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167388 Nov 8, 2012
<quoted text>
You do realize you've just sent this in response to a guy who's original comment included the phrase: "I never said he was not impeached"?
My gawd! Get some Prozac!
Prozac eh? You need that? I heard it makes you call yourself "nonpsycho" and other crazy sh!t. No thanks!
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Alhambra, CA

#167390 Nov 8, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Prozac eh? You need that? I heard it makes you call yourself "nonpsycho" and other crazy sh!t. No thanks!
You really should take your doctors orders and follow up on that prescription. He might help you with your obsessions...

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167392 Nov 8, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's all sing:
Do I hear a waltz?
Very odd, but I hear a voice.
There isn't a band
And I don't understand it at all.
I can't hear a waltz,
Oh, my Lord, there it goes again!
Why is nobody dancing in the street?
Can't they hear the beat?
Magical, mystical, miracle,
Can it be?
Is it true?
Things are impossibly lyrical.
Is it me?
No, it's you!
I do hear a waltz
I see you and I hear a waltz!
It's what I've been waiting for all my life to hear a waltz!
Funny, I don't hear that, I hear this:

&fe ature=fvwrel

Funny!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167393 Nov 8, 2012
<quoted text>
You really should take your doctors orders and follow up on that prescription. He might help you with your obsessions...
He didn't help you with yours. They seem to have flared up even worse.

Now SCRAM Troll!
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Alhambra, CA

#167394 Nov 8, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't help you with yours. They seem to have flared up even worse.
Now SCRAM Troll!
You angry, bro?
TopThisWillard

Monrovia, CA

#167395 Nov 8, 2012
President Barack Obama takes California for the votes and is launched 120,000 feet above the earth, November 5, 2012.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#167396 Nov 8, 2012
From pg 7264...
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice critique, but the fact remains that you have focused on nothing except that facile view that you wish us to focus on, thus ignoring the more complete description that I have previously stated. 2 men or 2 women cannot possibly substitute for the complete upbringing provided by a balanced and natural biological set of parents.
Not true. To the point of being dangerously false, in fact.

IF the child has the option of living with loving parents who will nurture and care for the child and provide a stable home life, THAT is what is the best for the child. And it does not matter at all what the gender mix of the parents is, if they fulfill that duty.

It is in fact FAR better for a kid to be raised by a pair of loving and nurturing same sex parents than to be raised by both of their biological parents if those parents are abusive or neglectful.
R Hudson wrote:
These children would be denied the access to one or the other parent, and the result is that these children will be raised by one party who has no blood relationship with them.
Any time there are step parents involved, there is the risk that that step parent will not be as good as a biological parent.

On the other hand, given how many hurdles there are for a gay couple to become parents, that is an indicator that they really want to raise the child, that it was not just an accident.
R Hudson wrote:
They will always be deprived of either a mother or a father role model. Same-sex “marriage” ignores a child’s best interests. Period.
And this last is just dumb. It MIGHT be a valid point IF the parents were the ONLY adults that they child would ever come in contact with while they were growing up, but that is not the case. Just like ALL other children, the children of a same sex couple will have MANY people in their lives. What matters FAR more for the development of the child is that the parents be able to model how a supporting family operates, and how to treat one's partner with love and respect.
Winston Smith

Tappahannock, VA

#167397 Nov 8, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh good gawd....Sexual crap is a private issue.. Bush destroyed this nation seconomy sunk us into 7 trillion worth of wars.....And you attack a guy for having sex...Weird.
Bush didn't do it all alone. This was a bipartisan path we were headed down for yeeeeaaars before he got in office. His actions certainly didn't help. Or I guess I should say they did help with the crash. Wars and tax cuts don't go hand in hand. If he'd have pushed for the money to pay for the war it wouldn't have happened though. Too few would have chewed on the bait.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Apr 19 rabbee yehoshooah... 71,942
where can I find heroin in monterey? (Oct '14) Apr 18 BrocSD 8
News Four suspects still at large in Monterey Penins... Apr 15 M JC 29 1
News Jewish-Christian charity helps Ukrainians move ... Apr 3 Azat 1
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Apr 2 svorpion 1,531
News Homicide suspect Victor Cabrera has long histor... (Oct '08) Mar '15 mando 12
News Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Mar '15 Gary 16
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]