Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,340)

Showing posts 146,781 - 146,800 of200,229
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
claude

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
No, not true. The sores went away after I used the ointment on them. I quit the Scouts after that.
That was probably for the best.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy IS an equal rights issue.
No, it's not.
Everybody has the same rights when it comes to getting married to more than one person.
R Hudson wrote:
You don't have the right to tell someone else how to conduct their marital life. Why should our government deny the rights of others. And as far as "Should polygamy be allowed?
Well, that's an interesting question.".... If you substitute the words "Gay Marriage" for the word "polygamy", you'd be using the same argument that you've been fighting for the last bunch of years.
Not at all.
My argument is that since a man can marry a woman, a woman should have that same right.
And since a woman can marry a man, a man should have that same right.
Should people have the right to marry more than one person?
Well, that's a topic for another forum.
R Hudson wrote:
You'd be behaving just like those of us that you revile, for saying EXACTLY that. For deciding who can marry whom. Who DOES decide the rules, rose_no_ho ? You ? The government ? Who ?
What ever the rules are, the government is obligated to provide equal protection under the law.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Cal wrote:
Why do queers do each other up the butt anyway?
THAT'S SO SICK !!!
For the same reason men do women up the butt, and women take it up the butt. They enjoy it.
Think it's sick? Well, quit daydreaming about it 24/7.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, dummy, when I said "You folks" I was talking about con dumbs in general. I can't read minds, I'm just going by their words and actions.
<quoted text>
Red herring.
If you can dismiss polygamy as just a "red herring", why can't polygamists dismiss gay marriage as just a "red herring"?

Please explain. No need to get all mad and sh!t.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
"a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs. "
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypocr...
Yep. Sounds just like me.
Are you looking in the mirror again?
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You provided nothing but personal attacks, and then claim it's my fault we can't have an adult and intellectual conversation. LOL.
Hypocrite.
Nothing? Like I said Rose, many years ago I attempted to converse with you. To this day I occasionally take a moment to try and explain things to you, and each time you have reverted back to your childish nature of calling everyone a bigot, racist, and homophobe. So no Rose, with the way you act, don't expect me or anyone else to take you seriously or attempt an intelligent conversation with you.
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

You can't counter any of my arguments, so all you do is make personal attacks and pick at typos.
You are pathetic.
You have to actually make an argument for someone to counter it Rose, and screaming- Bigot, Racist, and homophobe is not an argument.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy IS an equal rights issue. You don't have the right to tell someone else how to conduct their marital life. Why should our government deny the rights of others. And as far as "Should polygamy be allowed?
Well, that's an interesting question.".... If you substitute the words "Gay Marriage" for the word "polygamy", you'd be using the same argument that you've been fighting for the last bunch of years. You'd be behaving just like those of us that you revile, for saying EXACTLY that. For deciding who can marry whom. Who DOES decide the rules, rose_no_ho ? You ? The government ? Who ?
The way I understand it is that changing the sex qualifier in "One man one woman" is an equal rights issue. But changing the number qualifier of "one man and one woman" is not.

I don't understand why this is so and no one will tell me, many here just say I am stupid or a bigot for not understanding. But really I think they don't understand either.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not.
Everybody has the same rights when it comes to getting married to more than one person.
And everybody has those same rights when it comes to getting married to one person of the same sex.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean "Everybody has the same rights when it comes to getting married to more than one person. In the United States, where it is not legal to have more than 1 spouse. What gives the government the right to dictate that ?
Rose_NoHo's answer is gonna be "That's a separate issue" and then she'll get all mad that you asked and call you names and sh!t.

SO Funny!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

I like Rose_NoHo's silly names like "con dumb".

But I don't understand the joke. Does she mean "con" like in con man? Con men are dumb? Something like that?

Or is it just a dopey way of saying condom? Anyone know?
Two Term BarackStar Obama

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Gay marraige was voted in !!!

in maine!!

in maryland

and washington state.

live it love it taste it feel it....

a great day for civl rights....

a bad day for bigots like you guys..

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can dismiss polygamy as just a "red herring", why can't polygamists dismiss gay marriage as just a "red herring"?
Please explain. No need to get all mad and sh!t.
First, you would need to explain how straight religious folks marrying multiples is similar to straight and gay folks marrying just one person.

Comparing two completely unrelated things isn't a good basis for any logical argument.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
And everybody has those same rights when it comes to getting married to one person of the same sex.
But that's a silly argument. A similar one didn't hold up with interracial marriage, did it?

White and black folks has the SAME right to marry someone of the same race, didn't they?

Why did that argument fail? Was it because we believe that marriage is something more that a loveless union based only on benefits and convenience?

If you wouldn't teach your children to seek out such a loveless marriage, don't promote it as equal to others. It just makes you look foolish.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Two Term BarackStar Obama wrote:
Gay marraige was voted in !!!
in maine!!
in maryland
and washington state.
live it love it taste it feel it....
a great day for civl rights....
a bad day for bigots like you guys..
Don't forget Minnesota that voted AGAINST a ban on gay marriage!

And since Democrats won both houses in Minnesota back gay marriage will soon be legal in Minnesota too!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
First, you would need to explain how straight religious folks marrying multiples is similar to straight and gay folks marrying just one person.
Comparing two completely unrelated things isn't a good basis for any logical argument.
I don't need to explain anything to you toots, but I'm feeling generous.

Poly marriages come in all flavors. "Straight religious folks", gay religious folks, straight atheist folks, gay atheist folks, same sex, mixed sexes, religious, on and on. What a bigot!

What's "unrelated" about comparing types of marriages? What a dope!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
But that's a silly argument. A similar one didn't hold up with interracial marriage, did it?
White and black folks has the SAME right to marry someone of the same race, didn't they?
Why did that argument fail? Was it because we believe that marriage is something more that a loveless union based only on benefits and convenience?
If you wouldn't teach your children to seek out such a loveless marriage, don't promote it as equal to others. It just makes you look foolish.
That's exactly my point genius. Rose_NoHo's argument that "Everybody has the same rights when it comes to getting married to more than one person." is as silly as "everybody has the same rights when it comes to marrying someone of the same sex". Get it?

Duh! What a dope!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you start out with nothing but a personal attack, and then claim it's my fault we can't have an adult and intellectual conversation. LOL.
Hypocrite.
Not exactly, actually he claimed that you cannot have an intellectual conversation because you're stupid.

Glad I could clear that up for you.
Sandy

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has fired his $153,000-a-year emergency management director
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You were going to show us where I said "verdict" You were going to show us where you proved anything at all to me.
Since you cannot do that, SCRAM Troll!
Great! Since you now agree that no "verdict" was levied by the house, then Clinton was not "guilty", but only "charged" with these crimes.

I knew you'd get there eventually.

Well done!
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Winston Smith said to you. "You are arguing semantics, and poorly. DiRucci is correct." And he ain't my biggest fan! But he's an honest man. Impressive.
You lie just to get the upper hand on a silly topix thread. Despicable. And insane.
Yeah........ "guilty by vote" LMFAO
InYourFace

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Karl Rove's American Crossroads super PAC had big-money backers, but achieved minimal results, according to a study by the Sunlight Foundation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 146,781 - 146,800 of200,229
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••