Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
146,761 - 146,780 of 200,620 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#167238 Nov 7, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
There goes our chance at an adult and intellectual conversation, Rose is here.
So, you start out with nothing but a personal attack, and then claim it's my fault we can't have an adult and intellectual conversation. LOL.
Hypocrite.

North Hollywood, CA

#167239 Nov 7, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sterile unions are doomed to extinction. This proves that they are pointless and trivial. Your law is the same.
You don't have to be able to procreate in order to marry, it's that simple. People marry for different reasons, many people don't want and/or can't kids, that doesn't mean their unions are pointless.

North Hollywood, CA

#167240 Nov 7, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your friend is a traitor. No surprise that you associate with those kinds.
A traitor? LOL. How far up your backside did you have to reach to pull that out? People marry for different reasons.

North Hollywood, CA

#167241 Nov 7, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure claim to know a lot, but that, too, is a facade, as you disprove that, every time you type. Smaller government would have less time to legislate morality, idiot.
LOL. Dummy, my point was that con dumbs claim to want smaller government is a facade.(You might want to look up the term.)
You folks don't want smaller government. You want government sticking its nose into the most intimate areas of our lives, and you want government to have the power of the death penalty.

North Hollywood, CA

#167242 Nov 7, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you and your kind are making the government turn against normal, rational people, that's why. Moron. We have to hide from what is happening to OUR country, as you and your ilk subvert all that we once had. You won't rest until you completely change what Amerika once was, and create your own regime. A regime that hold perversion dear and normalcy illegal.
Yeah, I want to see America changed to a place where all citizens have equal rights.
If that frightens some paranoid nut jobs who hide in underground places in the desert, so be it.

North Hollywood, CA

#167243 Nov 7, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you have made it the national agenda, that's why. We are fighting for our rights.
Odd, the only people I see going on and on about male/male sex are you homophobes.

North Hollywood, CA

#167244 Nov 7, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
And THAT is so exactly the point, that I am surprised that it hasn't been said before (even though it HAS). They scream about US wanting more government control, while they use EXACTLY that to further their agenda. The whole issue is about using the government to force it upon us, instead of staying out the whole area.
There is no rational argument against gay marriage. On of the stranger attempts at one is the "forced on us" nonsense. Nothing is being forced on you. You won't be forced to marry someone of the same sex. You can't be forced to accept anything.
R Hudson wrote:
Again, I ask, why not polygamy ?
And then there are the red herrings, like polygamy.
Should polygamy be allowed?
Well, that's an interesting question.
It's just not an equal rights issue.
If you are really interested in discussing polygamy, I'm sure you can find a forum, or start one, on the subject.
R Hudson wrote:
What law prevents it ? The same law that they argue against. The LAW, at all. If the law has decreed that interference with marriage rights is wrong, then polygamy should be as legal as SSM. But the gays are quick to use that law to legislate what is allowed, while crying about government deciding against them. Either the government has the right to decide (at all), or it doesn't (at all). If not, then polygamy must be allowed. THAT fact is unavoidable. But, it seems, that the gays are merely being selective about what rights the government may dictate, and which rights are off-limits. Insane. Selective favoritism is the name of the game. Elitism. Nothing more.
You can't come up with a rational argument against gay marriage.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#167246 Nov 7, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you start out with nothing but a personal attack, and then claim it's my fault we can't have an adult and intellectual conversation. LOL.
Hypocrite.
Hypocrite? You should look up the meaning of the word.

My responses to you have evolved over many years. Since you have shown yourself to be an intellectual midget in that time with nothing to offer in the way of a conversation aside from calling people bigots, homophobes, and racist, I see no reason to continue in my attempt at conversing with you on an adult level.

Perhaps you could put some effort into it and prove me wrong by providing something of substance to the conversation, but I won't hold my breath.

I have had many decent conversations with those whom you seem to agree with such as: Winston, Rnl2008, Lulu Ford, Sheesh Void of Hate, among others. Perhaps you should ask yourself, "What's wrong with me?"

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#167249 Nov 7, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I want to see America changed to a place where all citizens have equal rights.
If that frightens some paranoid nut jobs who hide in underground places in the desert, so be it.
"paranoid nut jobs who hide in underground places in the desert" Don't harm you. Please don't be scared or angry about them, just forget about them, You can't even see them, they're underground! What a dope!

You on the other hand are impossible to ignore, sucking up those "nut jobs" tax dollars and blathering complaints and hateful rhetoric against the very people who support you in lavish style. In effect, you harm them, they don't harm you.

I don't know what race you are and you don't know what race I am if you are planning on pulling the race card since I dared mention your welfare status.

Toots!

North Hollywood, CA

#167251 Nov 7, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypocrite? You should look up the meaning of the word.
"a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs. "

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypocr...

Yep. Sounds just like you.
akpilot wrote:
My responses to you have evolved over many years. Since you have shown yourself to be an intellectual midget in that time with nothing to offer in the way of a conversation aside from calling people bigots, homophobes, and racist, I see no reason to continue in my attempt at conversing with you on an adult level.
You provided nothing but personal attacks, and then claim it's my fault we can't have an adult and intellectual conversation. LOL.
Hypocrite.
akpilot wrote:
Perhaps you could put some effort into it and prove me wrong by providing something of substance to the conversation, but I won't hold my breath.
Look who's talking!
Again, you are just making personal attacks, then claiming it's my fault you can't have an adult conversation.
akpilot wrote:
I have had many decent conversations with those whom you seem to agree with such as: Winston, Rnl2008, Lulu Ford, Sheesh Void of Hate, among others. Perhaps you should ask yourself, "What's wrong with me?"

You can't counter any of my arguments, so all you do is make personal attacks and pick at typos.
You are pathetic.

North Hollywood, CA

#167252 Nov 7, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
So, along with your Jedi Mind Tricks, you claim to have the power to know what I want ? So far, you have fallen flat down on your stupid face. Tell me, oh, bringer of doltish behavior, what else do you think I want ? Besides for you to grow up and think straight ? What color do I have to accept, as my favorite ? What music do you wish to dictate that I might listen to ?
Hey, dummy, when I said "You folks" I was talking about con dumbs in general. I can't read minds, I'm just going by their words and actions.
R Hudson wrote:
Boy, you are out there, where the corn grows, to claim to know what I want....If memory serves, it is YOU who are bringing the government in, where it does not belong. Do you believe that polygamy should be allowed ?
Red herring.

North Hollywood, CA

#167253 Nov 7, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you have made it the national agenda, that's why. We are fighting for our rights.
What rights?
Cal

Höst, Germany

#167254 Nov 7, 2012
Why do queers do each other up the butt anyway?

THAT'S SO SICK !!!

North Hollywood, CA

#167255 Nov 7, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your traitorous friend circumvented the citizenship process, by which immigrants EARN their citizenship. People marry for many reasons, but that does not validate your friends choice...
One of the ways they EARN their citizenship is through marriage.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167256 Nov 7, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy IS an equal rights issue. You don't have the right to tell someone else how to conduct their marital life. Why should our government deny the rights of others. And as far as "Should polygamy be allowed?
Well, that's an interesting question.".... If you substitute the words "Gay Marriage" for the word "polygamy", you'd be using the same argument that you've been fighting for the last bunch of years. You'd be behaving just like those of us that you revile, for saying EXACTLY that. For deciding who can marry whom. Who DOES decide the rules, rose_no_ho ? You ? The government ? Who ?
In Rose_NoHo fairy wonderland, equal rights only applies to sex. So you see, poly marriages "aren't an equal rights issue." Easy!

Get it? I don't. And Rose_NoHo refuses to explain. She just gets offended that you don't understand. She can't explain it because she doesn't understand either!

TOO funny!
claude

Los Angeles, CA

#167257 Nov 7, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
No, not true. The sores went away after I used the ointment on them. I quit the Scouts after that.
That was probably for the best.

North Hollywood, CA

#167258 Nov 7, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy IS an equal rights issue.
No, it's not.
Everybody has the same rights when it comes to getting married to more than one person.
R Hudson wrote:
You don't have the right to tell someone else how to conduct their marital life. Why should our government deny the rights of others. And as far as "Should polygamy be allowed?
Well, that's an interesting question.".... If you substitute the words "Gay Marriage" for the word "polygamy", you'd be using the same argument that you've been fighting for the last bunch of years.
Not at all.
My argument is that since a man can marry a woman, a woman should have that same right.
And since a woman can marry a man, a man should have that same right.
Should people have the right to marry more than one person?
Well, that's a topic for another forum.
R Hudson wrote:
You'd be behaving just like those of us that you revile, for saying EXACTLY that. For deciding who can marry whom. Who DOES decide the rules, rose_no_ho ? You ? The government ? Who ?
What ever the rules are, the government is obligated to provide equal protection under the law.

North Hollywood, CA

#167259 Nov 7, 2012
Cal wrote:
Why do queers do each other up the butt anyway?
THAT'S SO SICK !!!
For the same reason men do women up the butt, and women take it up the butt. They enjoy it.
Think it's sick? Well, quit daydreaming about it 24/7.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167260 Nov 7, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, dummy, when I said "You folks" I was talking about con dumbs in general. I can't read minds, I'm just going by their words and actions.
<quoted text>
Red herring.
If you can dismiss polygamy as just a "red herring", why can't polygamists dismiss gay marriage as just a "red herring"?

Please explain. No need to get all mad and sh!t.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#167263 Nov 7, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
"a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs. "
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypocr...
Yep. Sounds just like me.
Are you looking in the mirror again?
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You provided nothing but personal attacks, and then claim it's my fault we can't have an adult and intellectual conversation. LOL.
Hypocrite.
Nothing? Like I said Rose, many years ago I attempted to converse with you. To this day I occasionally take a moment to try and explain things to you, and each time you have reverted back to your childish nature of calling everyone a bigot, racist, and homophobe. So no Rose, with the way you act, don't expect me or anyone else to take you seriously or attempt an intelligent conversation with you.
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

You can't counter any of my arguments, so all you do is make personal attacks and pick at typos.
You are pathetic.
You have to actually make an argument for someone to counter it Rose, and screaming- Bigot, Racist, and homophobe is not an argument.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 69,087
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr papersup 15,971
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 9 hr plastic bins 5,018
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 9 hr punch tips 7,935
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Aug 28 JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Aug 28 Money 1
My fears for Doris Day: Confidante who spent 40... (Oct '13) Aug 28 marti eton square 4
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info