Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,977

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Winston Smith

Washington, DC

#167174 Nov 7, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem will be overcoming the supreme court appointments. That will take decades. We are stuck with Obama for a lot more than just another 4 years.
The same can be said of "W" and all the presidents prior too.
Winston Smith

Washington, DC

#167175 Nov 7, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we are all better off when nothing gets done in washington. That goes with either party. So obstruct away I say. Not to mention, the Senate has been just as obstructive refusing to cote on legislation from the house. So it's a two way street.
LOL! The truth always makes good comedy.
Winston Smith

Washington, DC

#167176 Nov 7, 2012
Alice wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you and Winnie are going to go to the Holiday Inn again tonight. Probably the same room for you too also... next to the noisy elevator shaft. This way you can play and romp and howl without bothering the straight guests.
Alice, I see you speak from experience on the matter.
Winston Smith

Washington, DC

#167177 Nov 7, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not argued against gay marriage rose, I have argued against using the court's to force it on the will of the people when the Constitution clearly is silent on the issue thus leaving it to the States and the People respectively to decide for themselves. Remember how the court tossed DOMA? They said exactly that, and they were right.
What you see happening in Maine, Minnesota, Washington, and Maryland is exactly how it is suppose to work, and if anti- same-sex marriage advocates go to court in an attempt to overturn the will of the people I will speak out against them too.
See Rose, you really do not understand my position at all, you just like to spew your talking points and nonsense.
I tried to 'splain your position weeks ago and got laughed at. I hope you aren't expecting any less.
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Alhambra, CA

#167178 Nov 7, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Winston Smith said to you. "You are arguing semantics, and poorly. DiRucci is correct." And he ain't my biggest fan! But he's an honest man. Impressive.
You lie just to get the upper hand on a silly topix thread. Despicable. And insane.
Sorry, babe. You and Winston are incorrect. Impeachment is an accusation of guilt, not a verdict. It has been proven to you a multitude of times.

When you find a source (a legitimate one) that says impeachment is a verdict of guilt, get back to us.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#167179 Nov 7, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried to 'splain your position weeks ago and got laughed at. I hope you aren't expecting any less.
Good luck, I have been trying to explain it to the same 4 or 5 talking heads in here for the better part of 3 years, and they still don't get it.

I find it funny that I am "against" same-sex marriage when I voted against a Constitutional ban on it in Alaska.

Now, I certainly don't agree with homosexuality nor do I understand it, but who cares. It's not my place to tell someone else how to live. And allowing them to marry certainly doesn't effect my life one way or another. I don't cross the road to avoid homosexuals, I don't think they are "nasty" or "mentally ill", they are just different, and what's wrong with that.

The argument I have made against same-sex marriage is the same argument I have made against traditional marriage- why do we let the State and Fed control our personal relationships, and why are there benefits for said relationships? And how can someone say we are somehow gaining "freedom" when we either vote or fight in court for same-sex marriage? Aren't we really affirming the belief that we really don't have right's and freedom's, what we have is actually government granted privileges?

That's why I always call BS when liberals claim they are fighting for "freedom", they are actually fighting for more government control. Just because that control may result in a favorable outcome for their desires for now, what they have really done is relinquish more freedom to the government.

We really have no idea what true freedom is anymore.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#167180 Nov 7, 2012
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, babe. You and Winston are incorrect. Impeachment is an accusation of guilt, not a verdict. It has been proven to you a multitude of times.
When you find a source (a legitimate one) that says impeachment is a verdict of guilt, get back to us.
Scram troll.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#167181 Nov 7, 2012
Alice wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you and Winnie are going to go to the Holiday Inn again tonight. Probably the same room for you too also... next to the noisy elevator shaft. This way you can play and romp and howl without bothering the straight guests.
Scram troll.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#167182 Nov 7, 2012
I can't wait till gay marriage is legal in Maryland. I might just drive to Maryland and get married! LOL
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Alhambra, CA

#167183 Nov 7, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Scram troll.
You just can't stand being proven wrong!

Too funny!!!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#167184 Nov 7, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
I can't wait till gay marriage is legal in Maryland. I might just drive to Maryland and get married! LOL
But deep down, you will still know it is not real.

Well, not that deep down...

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#167185 Nov 7, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
I can't wait till gay marriage is legal in Maryland. I might just drive to Maryland and get married! LOL
Invite me. I love weddings just not mine, no more for me!(famous last words).

Congrats. I was at me niece's wedding to her g.f. in NY recently. Best wedding I've ever been to! Love them both.
DeadWood

Covina, CA

#167186 Nov 7, 2012
Are the Republicans really deadwood?

Will they strangle american populas inorder to get their own way?

Or is it really a cover up?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#167188 Nov 7, 2012
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, babe. You and Winston are incorrect. Impeachment is an accusation of guilt, not a verdict. It has been proven to you a multitude of times.
When you find a source (a legitimate one) that says impeachment is a verdict of guilt, get back to us.
When you find where I said it was a verdict of guilt, get back to us. When you can refer us to a post where you proved anything at all to me, get back to us.

Otherwise SCRAM troll!

FUN!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#167189 Nov 7, 2012
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You just can't stand being proven wrong!
Too funny!!!
SCRAM troll!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#167191 Nov 7, 2012
ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey you nasty toad, Since you had to lie on the application to get married in the first place, his marriage will be more REAL than what ever freaky thing YOU have going on in your "legal" marriage.
Still waiting to find out if YOU Gay Twirl alone or with a partner.
Never lied on the marriage license. I did admit lying to get my sanity validation. Which simply shows that reality always trumps a piece of paper.

Reality never twirls.

Smile.
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Alhambra, CA

#167192 Nov 7, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
SCRAM troll!
But, hon,

You haven't given us a source that says impeach means anything other than "to bring charges"....

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#167193 Nov 7, 2012
ELH wrote:
Did someone fart? Yep, Mike DiDouchie definitely farted. Definitely farted. Definitely a stinking assclown desperately seeking the attention of strangers. Definitely Mike DiDouchie.
Fun. Right?
http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2012-11-04_1280...

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#167194 Nov 7, 2012
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
But, hon,
You haven't given us a source that says impeach means anything other than "to bring charges"....
You were going to show us where I said "verdict" You were going to show us where you proved anything at all to me.

Since you cannot do that, SCRAM Troll!
Winston Smith

Washington, DC

#167195 Nov 7, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck, I have been trying to explain it to the same 4 or 5 talking heads in here for the better part of 3 years, and they still don't get it.
I find it funny that I am "against" same-sex marriage when I voted against a Constitutional ban on it in Alaska.
Now, I certainly don't agree with homosexuality nor do I understand it, but who cares. It's not my place to tell someone else how to live. And allowing them to marry certainly doesn't effect my life one way or another. I don't cross the road to avoid homosexuals, I don't think they are "nasty" or "mentally ill", they are just different, and what's wrong with that.
The argument I have made against same-sex marriage is the same argument I have made against traditional marriage- why do we let the State and Fed control our personal relationships, and why are there benefits for said relationships? And how can someone say we are somehow gaining "freedom" when we either vote or fight in court for same-sex marriage? Aren't we really affirming the belief that we really don't have right's and freedom's, what we have is actually government granted privileges?
That's why I always call BS when liberals claim they are fighting for "freedom", they are actually fighting for more government control. Just because that control may result in a favorable outcome for their desires for now, what they have really done is relinquish more freedom to the government.
We really have no idea what true freedom is anymore.
And for this you get dim bulbs, red Xs, and the like. Brilliant, no?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles 3 hr bubba 69 2
Dennis W (Veeser) from Krakow Wi. 7 hr Mia 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 hr Eric 69,397
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 18 hr scoop 2,273
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Thu zhuzhamm 5,079
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Thu Pizza 16,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sep 17 Blazing saddles 7,954
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••