Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
146,701 - 146,720 of 200,331 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen. Besides, I am predicting a Republican President in four years. The pendulum always swings back the other way. No point in getting hot & bothered. However, I'd like better selections in the future. I ain't gonna hold my breath though. Yes, I mean I want it tough to decide because I LIKE all of the candidates. By all, I mean the independent, the green, and whatever other parties are thrown at us. I don't want a tough decision because I'm picking between the equivalent of a glass shard in one eye or a severed thumb.
The problem will be overcoming the supreme court appointments. That will take decades. We are stuck with Obama for a lot more than just another 4 years.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure glad to see that obstructionist government is the way you like it. Just don't bitch about it when the pendulum swings the other way. Maybe if they'd all start acting like adults and work on COMPROMISE morons like you would burrow into their home made container cave homes and stop annoying the sane ones with your drunken hysteria and conspiracy theories. I full well expect to hear from you about an alien abduction while you're out in the southwest.
Actually we are all better off when nothing gets done in washington. That goes with either party. So obstruct away I say. Not to mention, the Senate has been just as obstructive refusing to cote on legislation from the house. So it's a two way street.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew a little of what you claim, you'd know that sex is used in ceremonies, and sex isn't frowned upon, but balance is required in all things. You'd also know that there are many covens devoted to gay membership, but that not all witches approve of imbalance. There is a reason that we revere and worship Diana AND The Horned God, not just a pair of either...Furthermore, we practice rites to attune ourselves with the natural rhythm of life forces, with my emphasis on NATURAL, not sterile.
There is same sex sex in nature. That makes it NATURAL. Are you against sterile people having sex?
R Hudson wrote:
We conceive of the Creative Power in the universe as manifesting through polarity as masculine and feminine and that this same Creative Power lies in all people and functions through the interaction of the masculine and the feminine. We value neither above the other knowing each to be supportive of the other. We value sex as pleasure as the symbol and embodiment of life, and as one of the sources of energy used in magical practice and religious worship. We do not dictate sexuality. I am in here to enjoy the debate (and animosity) between our sides, but on the issue of marriage, that is to say, formalized joining, I do not agree with SSM, as it is out of balance with the natural rhythms of the universe. I don't care if you are gay, or not, but I disagree with the teaching of this lifestyle in 1st or 2nd grade. I disagree with the Legislative Branch of our government decreeing what we must accept. This is tantamount to forcing us out of balance.
Rose's Law...

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the point of marriage, if not propagation of families ? Anyone can live with anyone, as far as I am concerned.
People marry for all sorts of reasons. A friend of mine married a man to help him get a green card.
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
People marry for all sorts of reasons. A friend of mine married a man to help him get a green card.
I hope he kicked him to the curb !!!!

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Fact wrote:
<quoted text>You are a perfect example of why public executions should be held.
Because she doesn't agree with you?
You con dumbs claim you want small government, but that's just a facade. You want government to have the ultimate power over our lives, execution for expressing an opinion.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what he say you moron, but it was pointless to the conversation.
But most of what you and your ilk say is.
You know what he say?

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
That is such bullshit Rose.
Really? Who is arguing against gay marriage?

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, yes.
:(
I prepared for this possible horrible nightmarish contingency. One of the reasons I moved to Arizona last year (besides the BEAUTIFUL weather) is because there is plenty of open desert land for sale here.
I bought 19 acres of land out in the desert (since a lot of Arizona is desert, a lot of cities, towns and places are located in the desert). I also bought seven 40 foot long cargo containers very cheap.
I am looking at general contractors who will excavate part of my land, place the cargo containers in the excavation, and then bury them (leaving some openings of course). I will then convert them nito a beautiful undrerground home (where the temperature remains a constant 55 - 60 degrees year-round), and I will be "off the radar screens" and away from the prying eyes of The Obamanaic's black helicopters and Kenyan thugs and henchmen.
SUPPORT THE 2ND AMENDMENT !
SUPPORT THE U.S. CONSTITUTION !
GOD BLESS RONALD REAGAN !
from my cold dead hands.....
I don't know why you figure the government would bother with bat$#!+ crazy people like you who hunker down in the desert.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Oscar Wilder One wrote:
<quoted text>No, Obama won fair and stupid. I could have beat Obama, but it seems that the Republicans never attacked the issues the got him elected. We saw Obama win in every same marriage state. Most voters did not even know that same sex marriage was an issue in 4 states. Blacks were angry with Ogayma but the Republican did not want their vote. The Republicans also never called on the support of the legal Latinos and reached out to their pride in becoming citizens,while illegals were criminals unlike them.
We are now at 40 normal marriage states and 10 perverse marriage states. The votes were close, but no media attention was given to them so the fools won the day. That said, we still hold control of the war and the Supreme court is on the side of normal straight people who believe in equality for all, not a sad sack lie from gays.
If you believe in equality, you believe in gay marriage.
Doesn't matter if you are gay or straight, or bi, or asexual.
No way around that simple fact.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Oscar Wilder One wrote:
<quoted text>I am, and always have been FOR EQUAL MARRIAGE RIGHTS, which means no same sex marriage for ALL people,
But that means a man can do something a woman can't, marry a woman. So that's not equal.
Oscar Wilder One wrote:
and of course gays want to do drugs.
Just like we straight people do. Think liquor stores only end up selling to gay people? What about Starbucks?
Oscar Wilder One wrote:
Anyone who choose to be gay has to be drugged. WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO, 40 normal marriage states and soon the Supreme Court will strike them all down and Ogayma won't be able to stop it. We also still have the states to ratify the constitution and ban sad sack marriages on a national level.
The party's over. It's clear that gay marriage will be legal in all 50. There just isn't a good argument against it.

Congrats CO and OR, you legalized pot!

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Oscar Wilder One wrote:
<quoted text>Retarded,isn't that the replacement word for gay, since homosexuals are far from happy. Any gay who would have anal sex without a condom is "retarded", don't you agree?
Why are you homophobes so fixated on the details of male/male anal sex?
Alice

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Winston. You're a smart and honest man. Would you tell Mona Lott yet again? He's wearing me out! But of course that is his tactic, "win" by attrition.
I guess you and Winnie are going to go to the Holiday Inn again tonight. Probably the same room for you too also... next to the noisy elevator shaft. This way you can play and romp and howl without bothering the straight guests.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope he kicked him to the curb !!!!
Con dumbs think violence should be used against anybody they disagree with. Guess if you are advanced enough to think of other ways of dealing with issues, you wouldn't be a con dumb.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe in equality, you believe in gay marriage.
Doesn't matter if you are gay or straight, or bi, or asexual.
No way around that simple fact.
True
WillardLost

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

FOX news harpoons it's self, just like all the other DUMB wackO self talking idiots M/C hosts on FOX news..
Mike DiRucci

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you homophobes so fixated on the details of male/male anal sex?
Because I'm going to my NAMBLA meeting next month and I need to know what's expected of me.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I'm going to my NAMBLA meeting next month and I need to know what's expected of me.
I don't think NAMBLA even exists anymore and when it did exist it probably never anounted to more than a dozen or so people in the entire U.S.
LiveStrong

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

And stomp the juice out of Republican tea party baggers.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confusing a guilty verdict by trial with a finding of guilt by vote during an impeachment, not I. He was found guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice on Dec 19,1998.
You are confused, not I.
Exhausting!
Guilt by vote??? Are you ready for it?

hahahahahaha
ahahahahahaha
ahahahahahah
ahahahahahah

Wow dude. You're willing to make up laughable excuses instead of just admitting you were wrong?

Guilt by vote???????? ahhahahaah
ahhaahahahah
ahahahahah
ahahahahah

The "vote" was for impeachment, you dolt. Does this ring a bell: innocent until proven guilty? The house votes on articles of impeachment and the TRIAL is in the Senate.... where Clinton was ACQUITTED.

Guilt by vote!!!!!!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeee eeeeaeaaaaaaaaaaaaeaaaaaaaaaaa aaaae

You're so lame.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Monterey Forum right now

Search the Monterey Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Monterey: Aircraft carrier USS Nimitz expected ... 10 min Margaret Smth 2
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 14 min Acme Pest Control 15,916
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 2 hr Abrahem 7,841
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr SamBee 68,375
American Jews, other 'lone soldiers' serve Israel 14 hr Elders of Zion 26
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 22 Ronald 2,251
Seaside In-N-Out should be ready by summer '15 Jul 22 fed up 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE