Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
146,701 - 146,720 of 200,622 Comments Last updated 30 min ago

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#167147 Nov 7, 2012
Fact wrote:
<quoted text>You are a perfect example of why public executions should be held.
Because she doesn't agree with you?
You con dumbs claim you want small government, but that's just a facade. You want government to have the ultimate power over our lives, execution for expressing an opinion.

North Hollywood, CA

#167148 Nov 7, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what he say you moron, but it was pointless to the conversation.
But most of what you and your ilk say is.
You know what he say?

North Hollywood, CA

#167149 Nov 7, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
That is such bullshit Rose.
Really? Who is arguing against gay marriage?

North Hollywood, CA

#167150 Nov 7, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, yes.
:(
I prepared for this possible horrible nightmarish contingency. One of the reasons I moved to Arizona last year (besides the BEAUTIFUL weather) is because there is plenty of open desert land for sale here.
I bought 19 acres of land out in the desert (since a lot of Arizona is desert, a lot of cities, towns and places are located in the desert). I also bought seven 40 foot long cargo containers very cheap.
I am looking at general contractors who will excavate part of my land, place the cargo containers in the excavation, and then bury them (leaving some openings of course). I will then convert them nito a beautiful undrerground home (where the temperature remains a constant 55 - 60 degrees year-round), and I will be "off the radar screens" and away from the prying eyes of The Obamanaic's black helicopters and Kenyan thugs and henchmen.
SUPPORT THE 2ND AMENDMENT !
SUPPORT THE U.S. CONSTITUTION !
GOD BLESS RONALD REAGAN !
from my cold dead hands.....
I don't know why you figure the government would bother with bat$#!+ crazy people like you who hunker down in the desert.

North Hollywood, CA

#167151 Nov 7, 2012
Oscar Wilder One wrote:
<quoted text>No, Obama won fair and stupid. I could have beat Obama, but it seems that the Republicans never attacked the issues the got him elected. We saw Obama win in every same marriage state. Most voters did not even know that same sex marriage was an issue in 4 states. Blacks were angry with Ogayma but the Republican did not want their vote. The Republicans also never called on the support of the legal Latinos and reached out to their pride in becoming citizens,while illegals were criminals unlike them.
We are now at 40 normal marriage states and 10 perverse marriage states. The votes were close, but no media attention was given to them so the fools won the day. That said, we still hold control of the war and the Supreme court is on the side of normal straight people who believe in equality for all, not a sad sack lie from gays.
If you believe in equality, you believe in gay marriage.
Doesn't matter if you are gay or straight, or bi, or asexual.
No way around that simple fact.

North Hollywood, CA

#167152 Nov 7, 2012
Oscar Wilder One wrote:
<quoted text>I am, and always have been FOR EQUAL MARRIAGE RIGHTS, which means no same sex marriage for ALL people,
But that means a man can do something a woman can't, marry a woman. So that's not equal.
Oscar Wilder One wrote:
and of course gays want to do drugs.
Just like we straight people do. Think liquor stores only end up selling to gay people? What about Starbucks?
Oscar Wilder One wrote:
Anyone who choose to be gay has to be drugged. WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO, 40 normal marriage states and soon the Supreme Court will strike them all down and Ogayma won't be able to stop it. We also still have the states to ratify the constitution and ban sad sack marriages on a national level.
The party's over. It's clear that gay marriage will be legal in all 50. There just isn't a good argument against it.

Congrats CO and OR, you legalized pot!

North Hollywood, CA

#167153 Nov 7, 2012
Oscar Wilder One wrote:
<quoted text>Retarded,isn't that the replacement word for gay, since homosexuals are far from happy. Any gay who would have anal sex without a condom is "retarded", don't you agree?
Why are you homophobes so fixated on the details of male/male anal sex?
Alice

Los Angeles, CA

#167154 Nov 7, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Winston. You're a smart and honest man. Would you tell Mona Lott yet again? He's wearing me out! But of course that is his tactic, "win" by attrition.
I guess you and Winnie are going to go to the Holiday Inn again tonight. Probably the same room for you too also... next to the noisy elevator shaft. This way you can play and romp and howl without bothering the straight guests.

North Hollywood, CA

#167155 Nov 7, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope he kicked him to the curb !!!!
Con dumbs think violence should be used against anybody they disagree with. Guess if you are advanced enough to think of other ways of dealing with issues, you wouldn't be a con dumb.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#167156 Nov 7, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe in equality, you believe in gay marriage.
Doesn't matter if you are gay or straight, or bi, or asexual.
No way around that simple fact.
True
WillardLost

Covina, CA

#167157 Nov 7, 2012
FOX news harpoons it's self, just like all the other DUMB wackO self talking idiots M/C hosts on FOX news..
Mike DiRucci

Los Angeles, CA

#167158 Nov 7, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you homophobes so fixated on the details of male/male anal sex?
Because I'm going to my NAMBLA meeting next month and I need to know what's expected of me.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#167159 Nov 7, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I'm going to my NAMBLA meeting next month and I need to know what's expected of me.
I don't think NAMBLA even exists anymore and when it did exist it probably never anounted to more than a dozen or so people in the entire U.S.
LiveStrong

Covina, CA

#167160 Nov 7, 2012
And stomp the juice out of Republican tea party baggers.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#167163 Nov 7, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confusing a guilty verdict by trial with a finding of guilt by vote during an impeachment, not I. He was found guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice on Dec 19,1998.
You are confused, not I.
Exhausting!
Guilt by vote??? Are you ready for it?

hahahahahaha
ahahahahahaha
ahahahahahah
ahahahahahah

Wow dude. You're willing to make up laughable excuses instead of just admitting you were wrong?

Guilt by vote???????? ahhahahaah
ahhaahahahah
ahahahahah
ahahahahah

The "vote" was for impeachment, you dolt. Does this ring a bell: innocent until proven guilty? The house votes on articles of impeachment and the TRIAL is in the Senate.... where Clinton was ACQUITTED.

Guilt by vote!!!!!!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeee eeeeaeaaaaaaaaaaaaeaaaaaaaaaaa aaaae

You're so lame.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#167165 Nov 7, 2012
ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
Either Mike DiDouche is such a pervert that even his friends at NAMBLA didn't bother to tell him their club disbanded or maybe it's your friends lying because your predilections are so bizarre that even your NAMBLA pals want to distance themselves from you?
And how about that election? Mitt Romney back to shipping jobs to China. No SSM Ban in Minnesota. SSM voted in in Maryland, Maine and Washington. Yep, it makes me proud to be an American.
I'm not as happy with the results as you seem to be. At least it wasn't a total loss, nor a blowout like the dopey dems suffered 2 years ago.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#167166 Nov 7, 2012
ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
But he wasn't impeached and you continue to be exhausting and confused dumbass troll.
Yes, he was impeached. That's what the House does: votes on articles of impeachment. It passed, so Clinton was impeached. The trial takes place before the Senate... Clinton was acquitted. Impeached only means indicted, nothing else, regardless of what this looney toon Mike says.

Impeachment in the United States is an expressed power of the legislature that allows for formal charges against a civil officer of government for crimes committed in office. The actual trial on those charges, and subsequent removal of an official on conviction on those charges, is separate from the act of impeachment itself.
Impeachment is analogous to indictment in regular court proceedings, while trial by the other house is analogous to the trial before judge and jury in regular courts. Typically, the lower house of the legislature will impeach the official and the upper house will conduct the trial.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_in_t...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#167168 Nov 7, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Who is arguing against gay marriage?
I have not argued against gay marriage rose, I have argued against using the court's to force it on the will of the people when the Constitution clearly is silent on the issue thus leaving it to the States and the People respectively to decide for themselves. Remember how the court tossed DOMA? They said exactly that, and they were right.

What you see happening in Maine, Minnesota, Washington, and Maryland is exactly how it is suppose to work, and if anti- same-sex marriage advocates go to court in an attempt to overturn the will of the people I will speak out against them too.

See Rose, you really do not understand my position at all, you just like to spew your talking points and nonsense.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#167169 Nov 7, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
But that means a man can do something a woman can't, marry a woman. So that's not equal.
<quoted text>
Just like we straight people do. Think liquor stores only end up selling to gay people? What about Starbucks?
<quoted text>
The party's over. It's clear that gay marriage will be legal in all 50. There just isn't a good argument against it.
Congrats CO and OR, you legalized pot!
Co and WA dummy. But yeah! Thanks NORML.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#167171 Nov 7, 2012
ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
But he wasn't impeached and you continue to be exhausting and confused dumbass troll.
Bill Clinton most certainly was impeached, Erica fake PhD Laquesha Whackjob.

What a dope!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr JOEL 69,087
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 5 hr papersup 15,971
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 12 hr plastic bins 5,018
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 12 hr punch tips 7,935
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Aug 28 JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Aug 28 Money 1
My fears for Doris Day: Confidante who spent 40... (Oct '13) Aug 28 marti eton square 4
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search