Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#167169 Nov 7, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
But that means a man can do something a woman can't, marry a woman. So that's not equal.
<quoted text>
Just like we straight people do. Think liquor stores only end up selling to gay people? What about Starbucks?
<quoted text>
The party's over. It's clear that gay marriage will be legal in all 50. There just isn't a good argument against it.
Congrats CO and OR, you legalized pot!
Co and WA dummy. But yeah! Thanks NORML.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167171 Nov 7, 2012
ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
But he wasn't impeached and you continue to be exhausting and confused dumbass troll.
Bill Clinton most certainly was impeached, Erica fake PhD Laquesha Whackjob.

What a dope!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167172 Nov 7, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Guilt by vote??? Are you ready for it?
hahahahahaha
ahahahahahaha
ahahahahahah
ahahahahahah
Wow dude. You're willing to make up laughable excuses instead of just admitting you were wrong?
Guilt by vote???????? ahhahahaah
ahhaahahahah
ahahahahah
ahahahahah
The "vote" was for impeachment, you dolt. Does this ring a bell: innocent until proven guilty? The house votes on articles of impeachment and the TRIAL is in the Senate.... where Clinton was ACQUITTED.
Guilt by vote!!!!!!!!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeee eeeeaeaaaaaaaaaaaaeaaaaaaaaaaa aaaae
You're so lame.

Oh yeah! That's it! I've been waiting for two days! I like the all "a" one. An extra psycho touch! Fine job. Thanks.

Clinton was found guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice and impeached by the House on Dec. 19, 1998. If he hadn't been, the case would have stopped dead. But he was so it went on to the Senate where he was acquitted. The end.

Exhausting! Like the V.C.

What a psycho!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167173 Nov 7, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he was impeached. That's what the House does: votes on articles of impeachment. It passed, so Clinton was impeached. The trial takes place before the Senate... Clinton was acquitted. Impeached only means indicted, nothing else, regardless of what this looney toon Mike says.
Impeachment in the United States is an expressed power of the legislature that allows for formal charges against a civil officer of government for crimes committed in office. The actual trial on those charges, and subsequent removal of an official on conviction on those charges, is separate from the act of impeachment itself.
Impeachment is analogous to indictment in regular court proceedings, while trial by the other house is analogous to the trial before judge and jury in regular courts. Typically, the lower house of the legislature will impeach the official and the upper house will conduct the trial.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_in_t...
Like Winston Smith said to you. "You are arguing semantics, and poorly. DiRucci is correct." And he ain't my biggest fan! But he's an honest man. Impressive.

You lie just to get the upper hand on a silly topix thread. Despicable. And insane.
Winston Smith

Washington, DC

#167174 Nov 7, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem will be overcoming the supreme court appointments. That will take decades. We are stuck with Obama for a lot more than just another 4 years.
The same can be said of "W" and all the presidents prior too.
Winston Smith

Washington, DC

#167175 Nov 7, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we are all better off when nothing gets done in washington. That goes with either party. So obstruct away I say. Not to mention, the Senate has been just as obstructive refusing to cote on legislation from the house. So it's a two way street.
LOL! The truth always makes good comedy.
Winston Smith

Washington, DC

#167176 Nov 7, 2012
Alice wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you and Winnie are going to go to the Holiday Inn again tonight. Probably the same room for you too also... next to the noisy elevator shaft. This way you can play and romp and howl without bothering the straight guests.
Alice, I see you speak from experience on the matter.
Winston Smith

Washington, DC

#167177 Nov 7, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not argued against gay marriage rose, I have argued against using the court's to force it on the will of the people when the Constitution clearly is silent on the issue thus leaving it to the States and the People respectively to decide for themselves. Remember how the court tossed DOMA? They said exactly that, and they were right.
What you see happening in Maine, Minnesota, Washington, and Maryland is exactly how it is suppose to work, and if anti- same-sex marriage advocates go to court in an attempt to overturn the will of the people I will speak out against them too.
See Rose, you really do not understand my position at all, you just like to spew your talking points and nonsense.
I tried to 'splain your position weeks ago and got laughed at. I hope you aren't expecting any less.
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Alhambra, CA

#167178 Nov 7, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Winston Smith said to you. "You are arguing semantics, and poorly. DiRucci is correct." And he ain't my biggest fan! But he's an honest man. Impressive.
You lie just to get the upper hand on a silly topix thread. Despicable. And insane.
Sorry, babe. You and Winston are incorrect. Impeachment is an accusation of guilt, not a verdict. It has been proven to you a multitude of times.

When you find a source (a legitimate one) that says impeachment is a verdict of guilt, get back to us.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#167179 Nov 7, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried to 'splain your position weeks ago and got laughed at. I hope you aren't expecting any less.
Good luck, I have been trying to explain it to the same 4 or 5 talking heads in here for the better part of 3 years, and they still don't get it.

I find it funny that I am "against" same-sex marriage when I voted against a Constitutional ban on it in Alaska.

Now, I certainly don't agree with homosexuality nor do I understand it, but who cares. It's not my place to tell someone else how to live. And allowing them to marry certainly doesn't effect my life one way or another. I don't cross the road to avoid homosexuals, I don't think they are "nasty" or "mentally ill", they are just different, and what's wrong with that.

The argument I have made against same-sex marriage is the same argument I have made against traditional marriage- why do we let the State and Fed control our personal relationships, and why are there benefits for said relationships? And how can someone say we are somehow gaining "freedom" when we either vote or fight in court for same-sex marriage? Aren't we really affirming the belief that we really don't have right's and freedom's, what we have is actually government granted privileges?

That's why I always call BS when liberals claim they are fighting for "freedom", they are actually fighting for more government control. Just because that control may result in a favorable outcome for their desires for now, what they have really done is relinquish more freedom to the government.

We really have no idea what true freedom is anymore.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167180 Nov 7, 2012
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, babe. You and Winston are incorrect. Impeachment is an accusation of guilt, not a verdict. It has been proven to you a multitude of times.
When you find a source (a legitimate one) that says impeachment is a verdict of guilt, get back to us.
Scram troll.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167181 Nov 7, 2012
Alice wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you and Winnie are going to go to the Holiday Inn again tonight. Probably the same room for you too also... next to the noisy elevator shaft. This way you can play and romp and howl without bothering the straight guests.
Scram troll.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#167182 Nov 7, 2012
I can't wait till gay marriage is legal in Maryland. I might just drive to Maryland and get married! LOL
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Alhambra, CA

#167183 Nov 7, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Scram troll.
You just can't stand being proven wrong!

Too funny!!!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#167184 Nov 7, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
I can't wait till gay marriage is legal in Maryland. I might just drive to Maryland and get married! LOL
But deep down, you will still know it is not real.

Well, not that deep down...

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167185 Nov 7, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
Invite me. I love weddings just not mine, no more for me!(famous last words).

Congrats. I was at me niece's wedding to her g.f. in NY recently. Best wedding I've ever been to! Love them both.
DeadWood

Covina, CA

#167186 Nov 7, 2012
Are the Republicans really deadwood?

Will they strangle american populas inorder to get their own way?

Or is it really a cover up?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167188 Nov 7, 2012
<quoted text>
When you find where I said it was a verdict of guilt, get back to us. When you can refer us to a post where you proved anything at all to me, get back to us.

Otherwise SCRAM troll!

FUN!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167189 Nov 7, 2012
<quoted text>
You just can't stand being proven wrong!
Too funny!!!
SCRAM troll!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#167191 Nov 7, 2012
ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey you nasty toad, Since you had to lie on the application to get married in the first place, his marriage will be more REAL than what ever freaky thing YOU have going on in your "legal" marriage.
Still waiting to find out if YOU Gay Twirl alone or with a partner.
Never lied on the marriage license. I did admit lying to get my sanity validation. Which simply shows that reality always trumps a piece of paper.

Reality never twirls.

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 hr J RULES 71,255
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Tue Kristen Scannell ... 2
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web