Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
146,621 - 146,640 of 200,366 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Just minutes after you post this comment the mongs in the shallow end of the gene pool started splashing about. It appears that whining ain't limited to democrats.
Oh yeah. No doubt. But if Romney had one we'd be hearing voter fraud! and similar nonsense. You know it! Remember Al Gore our "parallel president)!
Funny Stuff!

I'll endure the Obama victory gracefully. It's now time to pull together. I'm glad the election is over and that it was a clear victory no hanging chad nonsense. This is a great country. Congrats democrats.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU........if the President is guilty.....then Bush should have been impeached for violating the Constitution.........now, go hide in your hole!!!
The election is over. Obama won. It's time to stop the divisiveness.

Congrats. Be a gracious winner. Sure some good natured ribbing is in order, but no one needs to be impeached.

Toots!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Laquesha Jefferson PhD wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey fucktard, Bill Clinton wasn't impeached. Dumbass stuff!
http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2012-11-04_1280...

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I grew up on beautiful Long Island NY. We called it nor'easter.
Great Long Island song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
There are still many thousands of people on Long Island STILL without power, heat, or water 8 days after Sandy. My mother left Smithtown for Land O' Lakes, FLA to stay with my sister awhile, because of the continuing situation there.

I was without power for 6 days in Patchogue when Hurricane Gloria hit in 1985. Glad I'm not there for this mess. It's sposed to hit 91 here today and, hasn't rained here for months. The weather here sees to be almost ALWAYS beautiful here in southern Arizona. I've been here almost a year now. Rented a house here in Coolidge til 2014. You can rent or buy beautiful houses here dirt cheap because of the housing bust.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Congratulations to the gay community, that was quite a number of wins last night.

There are indeed a lot of us out here supporting your rights, you didnít get those kinds of numbers without a lot of us heterosexuals voting with you.

You arenít alone, and freedom will prevail.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus H Christ! Yes, Bill Clinton most certainly was impeached. Impeached doesn't mean ousted, it is the process. The House of Representatives gave him thumbs down. The senate gave him thumbs up.
Why is this concept so difficult to grasp?
I got a lot of mileage out of Bill Clinton's impeachment! Most of the dopes have settled down now but Mona Lott's still twitching and he will for days! He's at his shrink's office this morning getting heavily medicated.

Fun stuff!

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
The election is over. Obama won. It's time to stop the divisiveness.
Congrats. Be a gracious winner. Sure some good natured ribbing is in order, but no one needs to be impeached.
Toots!
And since teh American people voted AGAIN to keep Republicans in the majority in theHouse Of Representatives, the "People's House" where all tax legislation must originate, The Republicans have a DUTY to the American people to OPPOSE ANY TAX INCREASES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, and to OPPOSE The Obamaniac at ALL times, in ALL places, for ALL things. THAT is what the American people returned them to the Majority for !

Federal laws are written by the people's representatives in Congress, NOT the POTUS. Although he would certainly like to be, TheObamaniac is NOT a dictator.

SUPPORT THE 2ND AMENDMENT !

SUPPORT THE U.S. CONSTITUTION !

ALL OF IT !

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
There are still many thousands of people on Long Island STILL without power, heat, or water 8 days after Sandy. My mother left Smithtown for Land O' Lakes, FLA to stay with my sister awhile, because of the continuing situation there.
I was without power for 6 days in Patchogue when Hurricane Gloria hit in 1985. Glad I'm not there for this mess. It's sposed to hit 91 here today and, hasn't rained here for months. The weather here sees to be almost ALWAYS beautiful here in southern Arizona. I've been here almost a year now. Rented a house here in Coolidge til 2014. You can rent or buy beautiful houses here dirt cheap because of the housing bust.
I've got 40 acres near Kingman. But I need to be near the ocean. I have a houseboat on SF bay where I live part of the year and a house on Long Island NY where I live the other part.

Arizona is beautiful though. Wish it had a coast.

Obama's response to Sandy was a photo op. Hug Christie than back on Air Force One. It's worse than Bush's response to Katrina. People are hurting with no help. But he gets a pass from the biased media.

That's the way it is today in the USA.
Torqued

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Maybe you should ask Willard Mitt ROmney and Paul D. Ryan how they like theirs?
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
And since teh American people voted AGAIN to keep Republicans in the majority in theHouse Of Representatives, the "People's House" where all tax legislation must originate, The Republicans have a DUTY to the American people to OPPOSE ANY TAX INCREASES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, and to OPPOSE The Obamaniac at ALL times, in ALL places, for ALL things. THAT is what the American people returned them to the Majority for !
Federal laws are written by the people's representatives in Congress, NOT the POTUS. Although he would certainly like to be, TheObamaniac is NOT a dictator.
ALL OF IT !
Thank you for sharing with us all the foundation of Republican obstructionism that has been curtailing any progress over the past four years.

You should've spoken up earlier. If you had, Obama would've won by a landslide.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL OF IT !
Yes the election was a huge victory for you wasnít it.

Obama is president, Democrats keep the Senate and may have ( not sure yet ) reduced a small number of republicans in the house, Gay marriage passed in 2 states and a measure to stop them failed in another, We have our first openly gay Senator, Marijuana is now legal is 2 states.

Huge victory night for you!
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Ghaleon wrote:
1. Massachusetts (2004)
2. Connecticut (2008)
3. Iowa (2009)
4. Vermont (2009)
5. Washington DC (2009)
6. New Hampshire (2010)
7. New York (2011)
8. Maine (2012)
9. Maryland (2012)
10. Washington (2012)
Oh shit son is that three more states
WOOT Obama 4 More Years Next stop California Prop 8 is going down.
And significantly: Not only did Maine vote marriage equality into law, they OVERTURNED their prior voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage.

The times....the times....they are a changing.....
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's response to Sandy was a photo op. Hug Christie than back on Air Force One. It's worse than Bush's response to Katrina. People are hurting with no help. But he gets a pass from the biased media.
Nice piece of bullshit there....

Too funny!
Newt Gingrich

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Newt Gingrich said this:

I think Republican consultants are mostly very stupid.

I think they have no education.

I think they have no sense of history.

If I throw away African Americans, and then I throw away Latinos, and then I throw away suburban women, and then I throw away people under 40, and then I throw away everything north of Philadelphia there's a morning where Republicans can't get to a majority.

This from a Republican (sex fiend) this is a real telling point in history..
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I got a lot of mileage out of Bill Clinton's impeachment! Most of the dopes have settled down now but Mona Lott's still twitching and he will for days! He's at his shrink's office this morning getting heavily medicated.
Fun stuff!
Yeah... I'm donating all the extra serotonin in my blood to send to victims of Historical Ignorance Anonymous. Then I'm having them spin out the extra adrenaline to send to TOO LAZY TO RESEARCH ANONYMOUS.

P.S. Bill Clinton was impeached.
Newt Gingrich

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Get off the pitty pot newt.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Newt Gingrich wrote:
Newt Gingrich said this:
I think Republican consultants are mostly very stupid.
I think they have no education.
I think they have no sense of history.
If I throw away African Americans, and then I throw away Latinos, and then I throw away suburban women, and then I throw away people under 40, and then I throw away everything north of Philadelphia there's a morning where Republicans can't get to a majority.
This from a Republican (sex fiend) this is a real telling point in history..
There was a small story I read ( cannot verify its validity ) that after Obama won the first time, there was a meeting of republicans and they invited a high power ( and non-partisan ) demographic advisor on how to go forward and regain momentum in the next election.

At the meeting there was much talk about purity, and ousting RINO's and how to defeat large segments of the population, the Tea party wanted to vet potential candidates etc

The advisor walked out of the meeting, when stopped and asked why, he said " Call me when you are serious about winning, you are still talking about excluding people, when what you need are MORE votes not less"

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Where or where is luvSPalin? LOL Can't face the music.
Mile stones

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Now that Glendora, California is controlled by Democrates in the elected bodies of the State and Federal government.

What will the wee-willy cry babies do now?

Douglas Boyd

Judy Nelson

David Miller

Joseph Santoro

Chris Jeffers

D. Wayne Leech

Karen Davis

Jeff Kugel

Gene Murabito

Douglas Tessitor

Gary Clifford

Linda Clifford

Fred Sparling

Robert Castro

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

I see the sore winners are all waking up! Proving the will never be happy no matter what.

Funny Stuff!

Congrats Obama. Not my choice but he won fair and square.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••