Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
CrazyOreilly

Covina, CA

#167122 Nov 7, 2012
I woudn't trust Paul D. Ryan or Willard Mitt Romney even if they were hooked up to a POLYGRAPH machine 24 hrs aday 7 days a week.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#167123 Nov 7, 2012
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you're stuck on stupid again....
It is not the House's place to rule guilt. They can only accuse.
Remember? That example I gave you yesterday? The one you said was too long to read because you've not the attention span of a potato bug?
You really should've read it.
He is not going to understand, he has a vested interest in not comprehending.

In his case, it pays an emotional dividend for him to be ignorant

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#167124 Nov 7, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
The House of Representatives IMPEACHED him. By virtue of a vote he was impeached on two of the four charges. Do not confuse a guilty verdict by trial with a finding of guilt by vote during an impeachment. Under impeachment proceedings it is the duty of the House of Representatives to either find the subject of the impeachment innocent by voting opposed to impeachment or guilty by voting for impeachment. If found guilty by the House the Senate then hears the case in trial format and either convicts or acquits.
As I said earlier, you're arguing semantics, poorly.
<quoted text>
DiRucci, but not by name in post #166829
<quoted text>
Thanks Winston. You're a smart and honest man. Would you tell Mona Lott yet again? He's wearing me out! But of course that is his tactic, "win" by attrition.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167125 Nov 7, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
He is not going to understand, he has a vested interest in not comprehending.
In his case, it pays an emotional dividend for him to be ignorant
Beat it troll!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167126 Nov 7, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
How are things by you now as far as Sandy and the approaching Athena are concerned ?
Careful! Mona Lott is just going to start a dopey argument with you. Say the storm wasn't named Sandy or something! Or blame it on Bush or Romney.

He'll go on and on until you're exhausted then he'll claim victory. It's his M.O.

Funny!
CrazyOreilly

Covina, CA

#167127 Nov 7, 2012
Just get in line so you and the rest of the Republicans can jump off the stupity cliff.
Winston Smith

Washington, DC

#167128 Nov 7, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>

I'll endure the Obama victory gracefully. It's now time to pull together. I'm glad the election is over and that it was a clear victory no hanging chad nonsense. This is a great country. Congrats democrats.
Amen. Besides, I am predicting a Republican President in four years. The pendulum always swings back the other way. No point in getting hot & bothered. However, I'd like better selections in the future. I ain't gonna hold my breath though. Yes, I mean I want it tough to decide because I LIKE all of the candidates. By all, I mean the independent, the green, and whatever other parties are thrown at us. I don't want a tough decision because I'm picking between the equivalent of a glass shard in one eye or a severed thumb.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#167129 Nov 7, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Beat it troll!
NO thanks you have no power here
Big D

Modesto, CA

#167130 Nov 7, 2012
CrazyOreilly wrote:
Just get in line so you and the rest of the Republicans can jump off the stupity cliff.
I thought they already had.

Let’s alienate women, minorities ( who collectively are becoming a majority ) people of other orientations, and cleanse our party of moderates!

And then complain that there are not enough people left to vote for us
Winston Smith

Washington, DC

#167131 Nov 7, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
And since teh American people voted AGAIN to keep Republicans in the majority in theHouse Of Representatives, the "People's House" where all tax legislation must originate, The Republicans have a DUTY to the American people to OPPOSE ANY TAX INCREASES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, and to OPPOSE The Obamaniac at ALL times, in ALL places, for ALL things. THAT is what the American people returned them to the Majority for !
Federal laws are written by the people's representatives in Congress, NOT the POTUS. Although he would certainly like to be, TheObamaniac is NOT a dictator.
SUPPORT THE 2ND AMENDMENT !
SUPPORT THE U.S. CONSTITUTION !
ALL OF IT !
I am sure glad to see that obstructionist government is the way you like it. Just don't bitch about it when the pendulum swings the other way. Maybe if they'd all start acting like adults and work on COMPROMISE morons like you would burrow into their home made container cave homes and stop annoying the sane ones with your drunken hysteria and conspiracy theories. I full well expect to hear from you about an alien abduction while you're out in the southwest.
Winston Smith

Washington, DC

#167132 Nov 7, 2012
Or is that sou'west?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167133 Nov 7, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
When was the trial that found him guilty of perjury? The house votes to impeach and the trial on the articles of impeachment is held by the Senate. Clinton was acquitted.
http://www.nytimes.com/1999/02/13/us/presiden...
THE PRESIDENT'S ACQUITTAL: THE OVERVIEW; CLINTON ACQUITTED DECISIVELY: NO MAJORITY FOR EITHER CHARGE
The Senate today acquitted President Clinton on two articles of impeachment, falling short of even a majority vote on either of the charges against him: perjury and obstruction of justice.
You are confusing a guilty verdict by trial with a finding of guilt by vote during an impeachment, not I. He was found guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice on Dec 19,1998.
You are confused, not I.
Exhausting!
HoleMouthedBoehn er

Covina, CA

#167134 Nov 7, 2012
Who would tust that OLD PIE HOLE loser, John Boehner anyway.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167135 Nov 7, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen. Besides, I am predicting a Republican President in four years. The pendulum always swings back the other way. No point in getting hot & bothered. However, I'd like better selections in the future. I ain't gonna hold my breath though. Yes, I mean I want it tough to decide because I LIKE all of the candidates. By all, I mean the independent, the green, and whatever other parties are thrown at us. I don't want a tough decision because I'm picking between the equivalent of a glass shard in one eye or a severed thumb.
Agree. I was disappointed Romney was the Republican candidate there were better choices. Surprised he got as close as he did. I often vote 3rd party. They'll never win but the major parties take note and adopt some of their platforms if they get a significant number of votes.
Termittess

Covina, CA

#167136 Nov 7, 2012
Who ever checks the condition of the wood, first?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#167138 Nov 7, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
No he wasn't found guilty of perjury or obstruction of justice.
What a seriously lame attempt to manipulate my answers.
Yes he was on Dec 19, 1998.

Oy!
WillardLost

Covina, CA

#167139 Nov 7, 2012
With your continued support we’ll win the fights to get unlimited corporate influence and special interest spending out of elections, stamp out voter suppression, confirm judges and Supreme Court justices that will protect Americans’ fundamental rights and achieve full legal equality for all Americans.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#167140 Nov 7, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem will be overcoming the supreme court appointments. That will take decades. We are stuck with Obama for a lot more than just another 4 years.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#167141 Nov 7, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure glad to see that obstructionist government is the way you like it. Just don't bitch about it when the pendulum swings the other way. Maybe if they'd all start acting like adults and work on COMPROMISE morons like you would burrow into their home made container cave homes and stop annoying the sane ones with your drunken hysteria and conspiracy theories. I full well expect to hear from you about an alien abduction while you're out in the southwest.
Actually we are all better off when nothing gets done in washington. That goes with either party. So obstruct away I say. Not to mention, the Senate has been just as obstructive refusing to cote on legislation from the house. So it's a two way street.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#167143 Nov 7, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew a little of what you claim, you'd know that sex is used in ceremonies, and sex isn't frowned upon, but balance is required in all things. You'd also know that there are many covens devoted to gay membership, but that not all witches approve of imbalance. There is a reason that we revere and worship Diana AND The Horned God, not just a pair of either...Furthermore, we practice rites to attune ourselves with the natural rhythm of life forces, with my emphasis on NATURAL, not sterile.
There is same sex sex in nature. That makes it NATURAL. Are you against sterile people having sex?
R Hudson wrote:
We conceive of the Creative Power in the universe as manifesting through polarity – as masculine and feminine – and that this same Creative Power lies in all people and functions through the interaction of the masculine and the feminine. We value neither above the other knowing each to be supportive of the other. We value sex as pleasure as the symbol and embodiment of life, and as one of the sources of energy used in magical practice and religious worship. We do not dictate sexuality. I am in here to enjoy the debate (and animosity) between our sides, but on the issue of marriage, that is to say, formalized joining, I do not agree with SSM, as it is out of balance with the natural rhythms of the universe. I don't care if you are gay, or not, but I disagree with the teaching of this lifestyle in 1st or 2nd grade. I disagree with the Legislative Branch of our government decreeing what we must accept. This is tantamount to forcing us out of balance.
Rose's Law...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min JOEL 71,309
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 23 Kristen Scannell ... 2
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey