Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201809 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#166970 Nov 6, 2012
Pro-marriage equality passing in Maryland and Maine!

Anti-gay dementia not passing in Minnesota!
Winston Smith

Cary, NC

#166971 Nov 6, 2012
BTW, in criminal court a trial by jury has to be decided upon unanimously. Of course this would be impossible in the Senate. The outcome for Clinton may have been decided by the election. Had the senate gone to a substantial majority for Republicans he'd have eaten it.

This also separates trial by jury from trial by Senate as the jury is picked by lawyers who base their selections out of experience. The charges heavily influence who a lawyer might strike or pass in terms of basic demographics.

They're the same, only different.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#166975 Nov 6, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! Look what a simple Google search turns up:
http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/thepresidentand...
The Impeachment Process
In the House of Representatives
The House Judiciary Committee decides whether or not to proceed with impeachment. If they do...
The Chairman of the Judiciary Committee will propose a Resolution calling for the Judiciary Committee to begin a formal inquiry into the issue of impeachment.
Based on their inquiry, the Judiciary Committee will send another Resolution to the full House stating that impeachment is warranted and why (the Articles of Impeachment), or that impeachment is not called for.
The Full House (probably operating under special floor rules set by the House Rules Committee) will debate and vote on each Article of Impeachment.
Should any one of the Articles of Impeachment be approved by a simple majority vote, the President will be "impeached." However, being impeached is sort of like being indicted of a crime. There still has to be a trial, which is where the US Senate comes in.
In the Senate
Wait..... what was that? There still has to be a trial?????????? That's where the Senate comes in??????????
The Articles of Impeachment are received from the House.
The Senate formulates rules and procedures for holding a trial.
A trial will be held. The President will be represented by his lawyers. A select group of House members will serve as "prosecutors." The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court (currently John G. Roberts) will preside with all 100 Senators acting as the jury.
The Senate will meet in private session to debate a verdict.
The Senate, in open session, will vote on a verdict. A 2/3 vote of the Senate will result in a conviction.
Dance miss thing dance!

TOO Funny!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#166976 Nov 6, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! Look what a simple Google search turns up:
http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/thepresidentand...
The Impeachment Process
In the House of Representatives
The House Judiciary Committee decides whether or not to proceed with impeachment. If they do...
The Chairman of the Judiciary Committee will propose a Resolution calling for the Judiciary Committee to begin a formal inquiry into the issue of impeachment.
Based on their inquiry, the Judiciary Committee will send another Resolution to the full House stating that impeachment is warranted and why (the Articles of Impeachment), or that impeachment is not called for.
The Full House (probably operating under special floor rules set by the House Rules Committee) will debate and vote on each Article of Impeachment.
Should any one of the Articles of Impeachment be approved by a simple majority vote, the President will be "impeached." However, being impeached is sort of like being indicted of a crime. There still has to be a trial, which is where the US Senate comes in.
In the Senate
Wait..... what was that? There still has to be a trial?????????? That's where the Senate comes in??????????
The Articles of Impeachment are received from the House.
The Senate formulates rules and procedures for holding a trial.
A trial will be held. The President will be represented by his lawyers. A select group of House members will serve as "prosecutors." The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court (currently John G. Roberts) will preside with all 100 Senators acting as the jury.
The Senate will meet in private session to debate a verdict.
The Senate, in open session, will vote on a verdict. A 2/3 vote of the Senate will result in a conviction.
Does anyone read this insane blather? I sure don't.

Bill Clinton was impeached on Dec 19, 1998. If he wasn't the case wouldn't have gone to the Senate.

Dance miss thing! Spin! twirl! laugh! "hahahaha"!

Seriously miss thing too long and pointless to read. Bet no one else does either.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#166977 Nov 6, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anyone read this insane blather? I sure don't.
Bill Clinton was impeached on Dec 19, 1998. If he wasn't the case wouldn't have gone to the Senate.
Dance miss thing! Spin! twirl! laugh! "hahahaha"!
Seriously miss thing too long and pointless to read. Bet no one else does either.
Translation: The post PROVES me wrong so I'll pretend I didn't read it.

Looks like you were wrong about the election, too......... imagine that..... a retard like you being wrong.
Winston Smith

Chestertown, MD

#166978 Nov 6, 2012
Hopefully the northeaster won't rip open the raw wounds in NJ & NY.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#166979 Nov 6, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
Hopefully the northeaster won't rip open the raw wounds in NJ & NY.
It's "nor'easter".

“LIFE'S TO SHORT TO LET TOPIX”

Since: Aug 08

TROLLS GET YA DOWN:-)

#166980 Nov 6, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
Pro-marriage equality passing in Maryland and Maine!
Anti-gay dementia not passing in Minnesota!
Really? OMFG.......we got both Maryland and Maine, and Minnesota's anti-gay amendment lost......frucking YEA!!!

“LIFE'S TO SHORT TO LET TOPIX”

Since: Aug 08

TROLLS GET YA DOWN:-)

#166981 Nov 6, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Dementia is calling 2 men together husband and wife, or is it husband and husband ? Twisted sick is what we normal people call it.
It's HUSBAND AND HUSBAND, WIFE AND WIFE, and now HUSBAND AND WIFE!!!
Ridem Wet

Covina, CA

#166982 Nov 6, 2012
Who cares about this topic anymore, President Obama is back in the saddle.
Winston Smith

Chestertown, MD

#166983 Nov 6, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Dementia is calling 2 men together husband and wife, or is it husband and husband ? Twisted sick is what we normal people call it.
Normal people? As in those who consider themselves Wiccan? Or normal as in not gay?
Winston Smith

Chestertown, MD

#166984 Nov 6, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's "nor'easter".
Just what do you think the nor part refers too?
Winston Smith

Chestertown, MD

#166985 Nov 6, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage, reduced to a chisel.....
It has already been reduced to little more than a high school romance by about half the participants.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#166986 Nov 6, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what do you think the nor part refers too?
But the correct spelling and the pronunciation for that specific type of storm is "nor'easter", NOT "northeaster". No publication that I know of uses "northeaster". That's just not the name of that particular type of storm.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#166987 Nov 6, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>Translation: The post PROVES me wrong so I'll pretend I didn't read it.
Looks like you were wrong about the election, too......... imagine that..... a retard like you being wrong.
I never said Romney would win miss thing. Not only are you psycho, you're a liar. Well, you're a liar because you're psycho more correctly.

Dance miss thing dance!

P.S. Clinton was impeached. He could not have been acquitted in the Senate without being impeached. It wouldn't have gone to the Senate if he wasn't impeached. What a wingnut. You're worse than some quacked out fundie!

Give us a big psycho laugh cause Obama won! "hahahaha" But with that crazy edge!

Fun!
Ridem Wet

Covina, CA

#166988 Nov 6, 2012
FOX news, Karl Grove, Koch Brothers, Steve Wynn, Donald Trump, Grover Norquist and other assorted worthless detractors who failed the American people and stopped progress and recovery after the Republicans SCREWED THE AMERICAN PUBLIC..

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#166989 Nov 6, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>Translation: The post PROVES me wrong so I'll pretend I didn't read it.
http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2012-11-04_1280...

Since: May 12

Puyallup, WA

#166990 Nov 6, 2012
AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww wwHHHHHHHHHHH What a same Bigots!!!!!@@@@@

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#166991 Nov 6, 2012
OMG MARYLAND THE FIRST US STATE TO LEGALIZE SAME SEX MARRIAGE!

WASHINGTON AND MAINE ALSO POLLING IN FAVOR OF GAY MARRIAGE!
Ridem Wet

Covina, CA

#166992 Nov 6, 2012
Get use to it boys, roll up your sleves and get back to work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Monterey Public Officials VIOLATING FEDERAL LAWS Tue Un agenda 21 and ... 4
public officials violating federal laws May 24 Un agenda 21 and ... 3
the music thread (Apr '12) May 23 Musikologist 19
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) May 23 ikestubbs 1,535
News Letters: Charter application superior (Jan '11) May 21 Yin Simons 13
News Taking extraordinary measures to wear an extrao... May 18 outtogether 2
News Police: Armed robbery at Santa Cruz sandwich sh... May 11 bump 1
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE