Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,192

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#166869 Nov 6, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he was accused by the House, and acquitted by the senate... basically the same as NOT GUILTY verdict in a court of law ( granted it was partisan on both sides )
I get it that you donít understand how our government works, perhaps you should go through citizenship application process for foreigners, that way you might learn something about how our government works.
While what you say is certainly true, aside from legalisms, he DID committ perjury, admitted it, and voluntarily gave up his license to practice law because of it.

When a lawyer loses his license to practice law, whether convicte dof a crime or not, it IS a serious thing.

Remember the Duke lacrosse rape case where the District Attorney, Michael Nifong (WEIRD name !) basically built and sustained a wide-ranging conspiracy against 4 totally innocent pewople ? Although he wasn't convicted of a crime, he lost his license to practice law because of that case, and any objective person looking at the case would certainly see that crimes were committed by Nifong.

Clinton DID commit crimes, perjury among them, even thoughhe was never convicted of a crime.

They don't call him "Slick Willie" for nuthin !

:)
Big D

Modesto, CA

#166870 Nov 6, 2012
The problem is I am talking to someone that is likely a foreigner that doesnít even understand how our government works.

Go back to Jr High school and learn just a little about our government.

If Clinton had been successfully impeached he would have been removed from office..

I get it that you donít understand what acquitted means, or a failed impeachment ( obviously )

I donít care how old you are, there are places where you can still learn to Jr High school level anyway

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#166871 Nov 6, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No sequitur.
Polygamy isn't an equal rights issue, the laws regarding polygamy apply equally to Muslims and non Muslims.
Should we have polygamy? That's a different issue. So why not go away and start a forum to talk about the issues involved with legalizing polygamy?
Rose_NoHo thinks equal rights applies only to sex.

What a dope!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#166872 Nov 6, 2012
Big D wrote:
The problem is I am talking to someone that is likely a foreigner that doesnít even understand how our government works.
Go back to Jr High school and learn just a little about our government.
If Clinton had been successfully impeached he would have been removed from office..
I get it that you donít understand what acquitted means, or a failed impeachment ( obviously )
I donít care how old you are, there are places where you can still learn to Jr High school level anyway
Clinton was impeached on Dec 19, 1998. End of story.

But glad I mad you mad and looking like the fool you are!

Fun!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#166873 Nov 6, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
While what you say is certainly true, aside from legalisms, he DID committ perjury, admitted it, and voluntarily gave up his license to practice law because of it.
When a lawyer loses his license to practice law, whether convicte dof a crime or not, it IS a serious thing.
Remember the Duke lacrosse rape case where the District Attorney, Michael Nifong (WEIRD name !) basically built and sustained a wide-ranging conspiracy against 4 totally innocent pewople ? Although he wasn't convicted of a crime, he lost his license to practice law because of that case, and any objective person looking at the case would certainly see that crimes were committed by Nifong.
Clinton DID commit crimes, perjury among them, even thoughhe was never convicted of a crime.
They don't call him "Slick Willie" for nuthin !
:)
LOL well I agree there... yes he did. I suspect that OJ was guilty as well. I donít think much of the actual failed impeachment as the charges had nothing whatsoever to do with the original investigation anyway, the whole thing was a partisan railroad.

He denied it as long as she denied it, and admitted it after she admitted it ( shrug ). It is what most men would do under the same circumstances.

I call that small potatoes compared to taking this country to war over something that wasnít even true.

Notice that Clinton is as popular now as when he was first elected, didnít tarnish him in any way at all, as the public also agreed that it was a partisan witch hunt, trying to get him on anything they could, and ended up getting him on something totally unrelated to the original investigation.

All I can tell you is be glad Mitt is running against Obama, if he was running against Clinton he would lose in a landslide.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#166874 Nov 6, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he was...

...DiRucci is correct.
Thanks Winston. You are an honest man.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#166875 Nov 6, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton was impeached on Dec 19, 1998. End of story.
But glad I mad you mad and looking like the fool you are!
Fun!
You really need to get just a little education, he was acquitted... look up the word, the impeachment failed... big time.

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

#166876 Nov 6, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL well I agree there... yes he did. I suspect that OJ was guilty as well. I donít think much of the actual failed impeachment as the charges had nothing whatsoever to do with the original investigation anyway, the whole thing was a partisan railroad.
He denied it as long as she denied it, and admitted it after she admitted it ( shrug ). It is what most men would do under the same circumstances.
I call that small potatoes compared to taking this country to war over something that wasnít even true.
Notice that Clinton is as popular now as when he was first elected, didnít tarnish him in any way at all, as the public also agreed that it was a partisan witch hunt, trying to get him on anything they could, and ended up getting him on something totally unrelated to the original investigation.
All I can tell you is be glad Mitt is running against Obama, if he was running against Clinton he would lose in a landslide.
Perjury is a SERIOUS FEDERAL CRIME, PARTICULARLY when the Presidet Of The United States ADMITS IT.

Furthermore, as far as "taking this country to war" is concerned", Congress DID authorize that military action (it wasn't a "war" if we're going to talk about legalisms), and Congress COULD HAVE ended that military action anytime they wanted to simply vy voting not to fund it. why did teh DEMOCRATS not do so when they controlled BOTH the House and the Senate ?

And there WERE weapons of mass destruction found in Saddam's possession, admittedly small amounts, but STILL legally "WMD's". He wasn' allowed to have ANY WMD's according to the U.N., not even a microgram. So the possesion of as much as a single vial containg minute amounts of certain poisons WAS a violation.

It's like claimimg in court that the heroin you possessed was far to tiny to be considered a crime. Possesion of ANY amount over zero is a crime !

And btw, WHAT gives The Obamaniac the legal right to execute American citizens (by so-called "drones". They're actually UAV's, and there IS a difference bwteen a drone and a UAV), without indictment trial, or conviction ? Aren't liberals SUPPOSED TO BE strict protectors of an accused criminal's constitutional rights ?!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#166877 Nov 6, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to get just a little education, he was acquitted... look up the word, the impeachment failed... big time.
You really need to stop looking like a fool.

Clinton was impeached on Dec 19,1998.

The time to bow out gracefully is long past. You can continue to amuse me by stomping your feet and pouting but watch the disrespect of veteran thing.

What a stubborn dope!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#166878 Nov 6, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Perjury is a SERIOUS FEDERAL CRIME, PARTICULARLY when the Presidet Of The United States ADMITS IT.
Furthermore, as far as "taking this country to war" is concerned", Congress DID authorize that military action (it wasn't a "war" if we're going to talk about legalisms), and Congress COULD HAVE ended that military action anytime they wanted to simply vy voting not to fund it. why did teh DEMOCRATS not do so when they controlled BOTH the House and the Senate ?
And there WERE weapons of mass destruction found in Saddam's possession, admittedly small amounts, but STILL legally "WMD's". He wasn' allowed to have ANY WMD's according to the U.N., not even a microgram. So the possesion of as much as a single vial containg minute amounts of certain poisons WAS a violation.
It's like claimimg in court that the heroin you possessed was far to tiny to be considered a crime. Possesion of ANY amount over zero is a crime !
And btw, WHAT gives The Obamaniac the legal right to execute American citizens (by so-called "drones". They're actually UAV's, and there IS a difference bwteen a drone and a UAV), without indictment trial, or conviction ? Aren't liberals SUPPOSED TO BE strict protectors of an accused criminal's constitutional rights ?!
LOL yeah and no criminal in the history of the US ever had to go through that kind of witch hunt ( not even Nixon ) to find something,... anything they can pin on him, branching out into wider and wider nets trying to find something.... anything, and finally land on something personal that had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with anything near the original investigation.

Save your outrage for those amused by it.

Notice the American people disagree with how serious it was, they would elect him again today, rather than either of the candidates we are voting for.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#166879 Nov 6, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
The time to bow out gracefully is long past. You can continue to amuse me by stomping your feet and pouting but watch the disrespect of veteran thing.
What a stubborn dope!
Donít worry I donít look like a fool, I am not the only person laughing at your lack of understanding of what occurred.

Did you graduate from Jr High? Or did you drop out?

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

#166880 Nov 6, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
What a stubborn dope!
You are correct. I agree.

How are things in Canarsie after the storm ?(I'm from Queens Village).

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#166881 Nov 6, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL yeah and no criminal in the history of the US ever had to go through that kind of witch hunt ( not even Nixon ) to find something,... anything they can pin on him, branching out into wider and wider nets trying to find something.... anything, and finally land on something personal that had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with anything near the original investigation.
Save your outrage for those amused by it.
Notice the American people disagree with how serious it was, they would elect him again today, rather than either of the candidates we are voting for.
I've agreed all along Clinton's impeachment was a politically motivated farce and I never agreed with it. But he did stupidly commit perjury and obstruction of justice because he lied about a silly BJ which I believe the president is entitled to, at least one per working day!

He was found guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice and impeached in the House on Dec 19, 1998. Since he was impeached in the House, it went to the Senate where he was eventually acquitted. Thus not removed from office. If the house had not impeached him, it wouldn't have even gone to the Senate.

Bottom line. Clinton was impeached on Dec 19, 1998 as I've been saying all day. Stop acting like a fool. You're wrong.

Fun!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#166883 Nov 6, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. I agree.
How are things in Canarsie after the storm ?(I'm from Queens Village).
Terrible really. I'm not there, I'm at my place in CA. But my men in NY tell me everyone is upset, they have nothing. No food, gasoline 5 hours wait in line, no heat or electricity. People in high rises are terrified. No power or heat or sanitation crime is rampant reports of rapes feces in the stairwells. My house and neighborhood had minor damage, flooded basements etc. No problems there otherwise. It'll be back to normal soon. Insurance man already been through. I'm lucky.

Obama flew in for a photo op. Hugged Christie made a speech and left. His response they are saying is much worse than Bush in Katrina. If it were Bush or Romney, the media would hang him, But Obama gets a pass. Actually gets a boost. The media is ignoring it. Like Benghazi.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#166884 Nov 6, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Donít worry I donít look like a fool, I am not the only person laughing at your lack of understanding of what occurred.
Did you graduate from Jr High? Or did you drop out?
Who else is laughing jackass? Please submit a list.

Yes. I graduated from junior high school. Then went on to get a M.S. Geology on the G.I. Bill after two tours in Vietnam. I was a Research Geologist for 33 years before I retired.

Please submit you credentials to be a jackass, I gave you mine!

Funny Stuff!
Firsts

Covina, CA

#166885 Nov 6, 2012
Woman in labor stops to vote for President B. Obama before going on to hospital to deliver child.
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Alhambra, CA

#166886 Nov 6, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I've agreed all along Clinton's impeachment was a politically motivated farce and I never agreed with it. But he did stupidly commit perjury and obstruction of justice because he lied about a silly BJ which I believe the president is entitled to, at least one per working day!
He was found guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice and impeached in the House on Dec 19, 1998. Since he was impeached in the House, it went to the Senate where he was eventually acquitted. Thus not removed from office. If the house had not impeached him, it wouldn't have even gone to the Senate.
Bottom line. Clinton was impeached on Dec 19, 1998 as I've been saying all day. Stop acting like a fool. You're wrong.
Fun!
No, dear. You still have it all wrong, and here is your problem:
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
He was found guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice and impeached in the House on Dec 19, 1998.
He was NOT found guilty by the House. It is not their place to pass judgement. He was ACCUSED by the House. The House believed they had sufficient evidence that he was guilty, but in no way what so ever was he guilty, nor could he be found guilty until after the articles of impeachment were presented to the Senate, the Senate had tried him, and the Senate passed judgement.

Why is this pretty simple concept so hard for you to comprehend?

Think of it this way? Kid snags a candy bar from the local piggly wiggly. The cashier accuses him of guilt. The store manager accuses him of guilt, the arresting officer accuses him of guilt, the district attorney accuses him of guilt, but until the jury hears the trial, runs off to deliberate and returns a verdict in the courtroom, the kid is still innocent.
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Alhambra, CA

#166887 Nov 6, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo thinks equal rights applies only to sex.
What a dope!
No, dear.

Rose thinks (and rightly so) that equal rights should be applied equally to all individual citizens regardless of gender or orientation. It's a very important distinction.
Foreward

Covina, CA

#166888 Nov 6, 2012
Thereís so much at stake in this 2012 election.

We need to re-elect President Obama and strengthen our Democratic Senate majority so we can keep moving forward, creating jobs, and fighting back against the GOPís War on Women.

And weíre so close to making history by electing the most women to the U.S. Senate ever.

And let Kock Bros, Karl Rove and Gover Norquist suck rotten eggs.
DDTAH

Covina, CA

#166891 Nov 6, 2012
Don't do this at home:

A Freeport firefighter has been charged with arson after police said he set two cars on fire while trying to siphon gas from a fire department vehicle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 19 hr scirocco 70,102
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Oct 17 savvylocal 245
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2
Pacific Grove Girl Chelsie Hills Law suit. Rea... Oct 3 Siding with Toyota 1
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep '14 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep '14 fancy 3
Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey Jobs

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info