Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,952

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
JusticeServed

Covina, CA

#166846 Nov 6, 2012
These sheets winders really do need to go.

Karl Rove, the Koch brothers, Sheldon Adelson and some of the most powerful corporate special interests in the country.

They have dumped tens of millions (maybe even hundreds of millions) into their last ditch attempt to swift boat President Obama and progressive candidates.
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Alhambra, CA

#166847 Nov 6, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
He was impeached in the House, which means he was found GUILTY of "a high crime, or misdemeanor". After being found guilty and impeached in the House the case then goes to the Senate. It is presented in the Senate by members of the House that are called the House Prosecutors. The Senate part of the trial is overseen by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. The purpose of this part of the trial is to determine whether or not the President will be removed from office. The same thing, all though over a different issue, also happen to President Andrew Johnson in the 1860's.
The end.
What a dope!
Funny stuff!
No dear, he was ACCUSED of "a high crime, or misdemeanor". Specifically: 1. Perjury and 2. Obstruction of Justice.

Had he been "guilty", as you say, then the Senate's role (which it is not), would be to merely pass punishiment, but that is not the cast. It is the Senate that sits in judgement and passes guilt or innocence. And it was the Senate that aquitted Clinton of both charges.

Speaking of which, here is how the senate voted for aquittal on both charges:

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1999/0...

Damn! You are one stupid mo-fo!
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#166848 Nov 6, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
If homosexuals have the right to marriage equality, why don't Muslims have the right to polygamy?
Gee I don't know. Maybe because apple pies aren't chocolate cakes?
Winston Smith

Woodbridge, VA

#166849 Nov 6, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
If homosexuals have the right to marriage equality, why don't Muslims have the right to polygamy?
They do, sort of. It doesn't get the mongs all frothy mouthed like homosexuals though.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/296493... #
Big D

Modesto, CA

#166850 Nov 6, 2012
He isnít going to comprehend it

Impeached by the house = accused

You are saying he was accused of something, but the trail failed in the senate where such accusations are tried.

If you are going to live in our country you should learn something about our laws.

An accusation is not a verdict, impeachment was voted for in the house, and failed in the senate.
Winston Smith

Glen Allen, VA

#166851 Nov 6, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
No he wasn't.
Yes, he was. It was unsuccessful though. As in the House found him guilty and forwarded it to the Senate for trial, which failed dismally, and predictably, for the Republican party. Who cares if it cost us tax payers a bucket of cash to look at the president's junk, eh?

The House votes on it. In this fashion the House did find Clinton guilty of the charges. The Senate holds a formal hearing in trial form.

Technically speaking, Nixon wasn't impeached as he resigned before the entire House got to vote on the full articals of impeachment.

What you guys are doing is arguing semantics, poorly. DiRucci is correct.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#166852 Nov 6, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he was. It was unsuccessful though. As in the House found him guilty and forwarded it to the Senate for trial, which failed dismally, and predictably, for the Republican party. Who cares if it cost us tax payers a bucket of cash to look at the president's junk, eh?
The House votes on it. In this fashion the House did find Clinton guilty of the charges. The Senate holds a formal hearing in trial form.
Technically speaking, Nixon wasn't impeached as he resigned before the entire House got to vote on the full articals of impeachment.
The House voted to bring articles of impeachment before the Senate. The Senate ACQUITTED.

Who ever said Nixon was impeached?
Them people

Covina, CA

#166853 Nov 6, 2012
Is it true the Koch Brothers, Karl Rove and Grover Norquist along with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce are UN-MERICAN in orgin?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#166854 Nov 6, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
The house does not have the power to "find him guilty" Only to make the accusation, which is tried in the senate which has the power of a judge in a courtroom.

Nixon resigned because the impending impeachment was going to easily go through both houses. and he knew it, he would rather resign than be forced out by impeachment.

Clinton knew the impeachment was going to fail so did not need to resign, and he was right, it failed.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#166855 Nov 6, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
No he wasn't.
Yes he was nana nana nana!

Dance miss thing dance!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#166856 Nov 6, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The house does not have the power to "find him guilty" Only to make the accusation, which is tried in the senate which has the power of a judge in a courtroom.
Nixon resigned because the impending impeachment was going to easily go through both houses. and he knew it, he would rather resign than be forced out by impeachment.
Clinton knew the impeachment was going to fail so did not need to resign, and he was right, it failed.
Clinton was impeached on Dec 19, 1998 in the House. He was acquitted in the Senate, therefore not removed from office.

But he most certainly was found guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice in the House and impeached. Or else it never would have gone to the Senate.

You and Mona Lott don't know what impeached means.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#166857 Nov 6, 2012
Big D wrote:
He isnít going to comprehend it
Impeached by the house = accused
You are saying he was accused of something, but the trail failed in the senate where such accusations are tried.
If you are going to live in our country you should learn something about our laws.
An accusation is not a verdict, impeachment was voted for in the house, and failed in the senate.
There you go! Impeached. Like I've been telling you dummies all day. Glad you admit it finally.

I'm a US combat veteran of Korea and Vietnam (2 tours). I fought in two wars for this country. Don't ever again suggest I should leave this country.

What a pair of stubborn jackass democrats!

If Obama wins today, I'm ready to get behind him and try and get this country back to it's former greatness. Are you going to do the same if Romney wins? I suspect you'll whine and kick your feet, shout voter fraud etc. for 4 years dragging us all down.

Dopes!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#166858 Nov 6, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton was impeached on Dec 19, 1998 in the House. He was acquitted in the Senate, therefore not removed from office.
But he most certainly was found guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice in the House and impeached. Or else it never would have gone to the Senate.

You and Mona Lott don't know what impeached means.
Yes he was accused by the House, and acquitted by the senate... basically the same as NOT GUILTY verdict in a court of law ( granted it was partisan on both sides )

I get it that you donít understand how our government works, perhaps you should go through citizenship application process for foreigners, that way you might learn something about how our government works.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#166860 Nov 6, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>It's a matter of history. It's not a secret. Evidently everyone but YOU knows what impeachment means.
I was the one brought it up. Said Clinton was impeached because he was, miss thing. I dunno where you're coming from. First you say he wasn't then he was now he wasn't again!

Do the narcissist laugh! hahahahahaha, like that but with the psycho edge!

Dance!

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#166861 Nov 6, 2012
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny! You are asking people to discriminate against candidates based on sexual orientation views!
Pro-equality, sure!
You shouldn't make decisions based on the candidates views? What then? Their looks?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#166862 Nov 6, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Doesn't work that way. Look it up silly and stop embarrassing yourself.
Clinton was impeached Dec 19, 1998.(now I have that date memorized how about you?)

Thing is as I said, I liked Bill. Still do. And Hillary has impressed me as Sec of State, but Benghazi may be ominous.

Dance for me miss thing! Laugh for me! hahahahaha!

Funny Stuff!

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#166863 Nov 6, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
No sequitur.
Polygamy isn't an equal rights issue, the laws regarding polygamy apply equally to Muslims and non Muslims.
Should we have polygamy? That's a different issue. So why not go away and start a forum to talk about the issues involved with legalizing polygamy?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#166864 Nov 6, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go! Impeached. Like I've been telling you dummies all day. Glad you admit it finally.
I'm a US combat veteran of Korea and Vietnam (2 tours). I fought in two wars for this country. Don't ever again suggest I should leave this country.
What a pair of stubborn jackass democrats!
If Obama wins today, I'm ready to get behind him and try and get this country back to it's former greatness. Are you going to do the same if Romney wins? I suspect you'll whine and kick your feet, shout voter fraud etc. for 4 years dragging us all down.
Dopes!
The answer to your second questions is I will do much much better than the republicans that stated their only goal for the next 4 years in congress was to deny Obama another term. As if that was the only thing in congress they were there for.

I am an American, an patriot, not to a party, not to a flag, not to a set of borders, but to an ideal set down by our founders. It is not possible for anyone to remove my patriotism, but it is possible for this country to move out from under my patriotism.

I donít expect Romney to be able to move the country that far in a wrong direction, as bad as the last republican was, he couldnít do it ( he sure tired )

I will continue to fight for the rights of Americans, all Americans, regardless of race, creed, color, sex, religion, orientation or national origin.

There is no political party that represents me, I am forced to vote democrat as the alternative is not acceptable.

I hope something better comes along.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#166865 Nov 6, 2012
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear, he was ACCUSED of "a high crime, or misdemeanor". Specifically: 1. Perjury and 2. Obstruction of Justice.
Had he been "guilty", as you say, then the Senate's role (which it is not), would be to merely pass punishiment, but that is not the cast. It is the Senate that sits in judgement and passes guilt or innocence. And it was the Senate that aquitted Clinton of both charges.
Speaking of which, here is how the senate voted for aquittal on both charges:
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1999/0...
Damn! You are one stupid mo-fo!
Aw shuddup dopey troll from LA! You are a punk and a coward. And no one gives a sh!t what you think.

Have a nice election day! Vote early and often or not but scram punk.

Fun!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#166866 Nov 6, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he was accused by the House, and acquitted by the senate... basically the same as NOT GUILTY verdict in a court of law ( granted it was partisan on both sides )
I get it that you donít understand how our government works, perhaps you should go through citizenship application process for foreigners, that way you might learn something about how our government works.
I call you jackass etc. all in good fun. If you are going to continue to disrespect a veteran for the sake of your losing argument on a silly topix thread, EF you punk.

Clinton was impeached. The end.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 27 min Eric 69,374
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 2 hr Blazing saddles 7,954
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 7 hr brewed 5,070
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 16 hr subscibe 15,995
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Mon GOP bull 2,265
The inconvenient 17-year pause in global warming (Sep '13) Sep 12 Earthling-1 123
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 11 gotti jr 9
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE