Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
146,441 - 146,460 of 200,590 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton was found guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice and was impeached on Dec. 19, 1998.
What a dope!
FUN!
again go back to history class, if the impeachment was successful he would have been removed from office.

This is starting to get funny, an impeachment by the house is a "accusation" by vote, not a trial, the trial of the impeachment takes place in the senate, yes the house accused, and it was struck down in the senate.

The impeachment was a failure

Richard Nixon resigned from office because the impeachment would have been successful, Clinton knew it was nothing but a political ploy by the GOP and would failÖ and it did fail, Clinton remained in office.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Mona has seen many shrinks but there is no help for his him. Narcissism is not curable.
Sad for the punk troll from el Lay, and especially for Mona, but fun for me!
Too funny!
Fun is a good avoidance mechanism for you, isn't it?

A simple Google search would have educated you about your mistake, but Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo

You had to make a jackass of yourself.

Eat crow.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
So you get caught in a mistake and now it's us being petty, eh?
Impeached means indicted. He was acquitted at trial.
How dense are you?
He doesnít have a clue, I suspect he gets his information on the radio or something.

Again, he is like a little kid in the back seat that listens to adults talk, and has no idea what is actually going on.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Clinton was impeached on Dec 19, 1998. He was found guilty of obstruction of justice and perjury.
What history book are you reading? He was acquitted on Feb 12, 1999.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Fun is a good avoidance mechanism for you, isn't it?
A simple Google search would have educated you about your mistake, but Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo
You had to make a jackass of yourself.
Eat crow.
You mean your mistake, miss thing. I said Clinton was impeached on Dec. 19, 1998 and he was. Prove he wasn't or stop pestering me.

Twirl that toots! Then eat crow!

Fun!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
again go back to history class, if the impeachment was successful he would have been removed from office.
This is starting to get funny, an impeachment by the house is a "accusation" by vote, not a trial, the trial of the impeachment takes place in the senate, yes the house accused, and it was struck down in the senate.
The impeachment was a failure
Richard Nixon resigned from office because the impeachment would have been successful, Clinton knew it was nothing but a political ploy by the GOP and would failÖ and it did fail, Clinton remained in office.
Bill Clinton was impeached on Dec 19, 1998. Prove he wasn't jackass!

What a dope!

Big fun!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text> What history book are you reading? He was acquitted on Feb 12, 1999.
He was impeached on Dec 19, 1998.

miss thing.

Fun!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG!
But thanks for admitting you were WRONG!
Impeachment means a vote was won in the House to hold a trial. The trial is held in the Senate where Clinton was ACQUITTED.
Chargeable offenses are constitutionally defined as "treason, bribery or other high crimes and misdemeanors," a vague term that can mean anything from a breach of ethics, professional misconduct, an act against the government's best interest, or criminal behavior (essentially, whatever the House of Representatives decides it means). Officials cannot be impeached for being disliked taking an unpopular stance on an issue; some form of actual wrongdoing must be involved.
Impeachment is a two-step process similar to a Grand Jury indictment and trial in criminal cases. One or more members of the House of Representatives bring "Articles of Impeachment" (charges) again a government official, and the House votes whether to "Impeach" (indict, send to trial).
The Senate conducts the impeachment or removal trial. If two-thirds of the Senate votes to convict the official on the articles of impeachment, the person is removed from office; otherwise, the person is acquitted and nothing further is done.
See what happens when you sleep through civics class?
No, I'm right! Oh boy this is fun!

Bill Clinton was impeached on Dec 19, 1998.

Fun to watch you dig your narcissist hole and bury yourself!

FUN!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesnít have a clue, I suspect he gets his information on the radio or something.
Again, he is like a little kid in the back seat that listens to adults talk, and has no idea what is actually going on.

You are saying he wasn't impeached. You are wrong jackass! Bill Clinton was impeached on Dec 19, 1998. He was one of only 3 US presidents to be impeached.

Any fool can look it up. Even little kids!

What a dope!

Funny stuff!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Clinton was impeached by the House on two charges. The first being perjury, and the second being obstruction of justice. He was found guilty.

Twirl that jackasses!

Election day fun! Pass the time with Mike! And learn! Mona Lott will now never forget the difference between impeachment and removal from office. But he had to learn the hard way. But that's the nature of the narcissist beast!

Funny Stuff!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

I donít know what the laws are in whatever country you are from, but in the United States an accusation is not a verdict

This is America, an accusation it has to be tried

The GOP voted to impeach, and lost in the senate where the impeachment trial was to take place.

The impeachment was a failure, which is why Clinton was not removed from office.

I donít know if I can put it in simpler language for you.

Yes the House voted to impeach, and the impeachment trial, in the senate, failed.

an accusation ( which is all the vote for an impeachment is ) is not a verdict.

Can someone please explain in kindergarten language for him?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Big D wrote:
I donít know what the laws are in whatever country you are from, but in the United States an accusation is not a verdict
The GOP voted to impeach, and lost in the senate where the impeachment trial was to take place.
The impeachment was a failure, which is why Clinton was not removed from office.
Yes the House voted to impeach, and the impeachment trial, in the senate, failed.
I was born in the USA where Bill Clinton was impeached by the House on Dec. 19,1998.

No matter how you twirl it, Bill Clinton was impeached. I don't know how to put it any simpler for you.

What a dope!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Big D wrote:
Clinton was impeached by the House on two charges. The first being perjury, and the second being obstruction of justice. He was found guilty.

Oy, this is boring and silly! How many times before it sinks in you dummies?

What dopes!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Straight from the NY Times archives December 20, 1998:

William Jefferson Clinton was impeached on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice today by a divided House of Representatives.

Twirl that jackasses!

The fun is wearing thin...
NonPsycho Mike DiRucci

Alhambra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Oy, this is boring and silly! How many times before it sinks in you dummies?
What dopes!
Dear, we have all agreed that he was impeached.

But you seem to be under some asinine assumption that he was found guilty. He was not. Impeachment is not a guilty verdict. Only the Senate can levy a verdict of guilt, and they DID NOT. Ergo, Clinton was not found guilty.

Seriously, get some help. This is relatively basic civics. It shouldn't be beyond your understanding.
shopping cart

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Give the gift "he" can't refuse.

Colostomy bags! Get your colostomy bags here!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

NonPsycho Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
But you seem to be under some asinine assumption that he was found guilty. He was not. Impeachment is not a guilty verdict. Only the Senate can levy a verdict of guilt, and they DID NOT. Ergo, Clinton was not found guilty.
Seriously, get some help. This is relatively basic civics. It shouldn't be beyond your understanding.
Bill Clinton was found guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice on Dec 19, 1998.

What a dope.

Seriously, get some help.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

If homosexuals have the right to marriage equality, why don't Muslims have the right to polygamy?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

NonPsycho Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
He was impeached in the House, which means he was found GUILTY of "a high crime, or misdemeanor". After being found guilty and impeached in the House the case then goes to the Senate. It is presented in the Senate by members of the House that are called the House Prosecutors. The Senate part of the trial is overseen by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. The purpose of this part of the trial is to determine whether or not the President will be removed from office. The same thing, all though over a different issue, also happen to President Andrew Johnson in the 1860's.

The end.

What a dope!

Funny stuff!
Reduclosed

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Mike Reduclosed et a new handle your old one is all used up!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 15 min JOEL 68,836
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 21 hr Bee Keepers 4,977
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Wed facts faced 15,929
Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Wed whatisyourneed 1,512
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon Mudflys to 7,901
No Kids Allowed: Babies Effectively Banned at C... Aug 17 g 2
Hotel room tax hike up to Capitola voters Aug 13 Donny B 1

Search the Monterey Forum:
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs