Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
146,301 - 146,320 of 200,573 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#166607 Nov 4, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
And I'm sure, that in NJ, you've NEVER heard a Puerto Rican say "I'm Chicano, not Latino", are they bigots, too ?
You are correct. Never heard it.
nenny noo

Los Angeles, CA

#166608 Nov 4, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of your ancestors did we kill in the American Revolution?
not enough, apparently!!
ToddsNuts

Covina, CA

#166609 Nov 4, 2012
Todd Akin's views opposing abortion access are well-known. Republican nuttys..

In August, 2012 he infamously said he believes that women who are victims of "legitimate rape" are physically able to stop themselves from becoming pregnant.

A comment that was widely ridiculed and rejected by medical professionals, rape victims and politicians on both sides of the aisle.

Thids proves he and those like him are NUTS and don't belong in politics.
resident

Baldwin Park, CA

#166616 Nov 4, 2012
I have nothing agaisnt gays but same sex marriage is horribly wrong, what's up with these people
PlayBook

Covina, CA

#166618 Nov 4, 2012
Run a red false right on 15.
Ronald

Los Angeles, CA

#166619 Nov 4, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
AND, not only am I Euro-American, I am of English descent, which places me at the top of the Caucasian food chain. Top shelf. Finest gift that God ever gave the world, Englishmen.
R Hudson.

You are delusional.
You are on the bottom rung and lowest depths of the Euro-Caucasian food chain. Ask any other white person and they'll inform you of the same.
Please accept yourself being a bottom-feeder. No shame in being one. Your whole family tree are in the same boat alongside you, so you are not alone.

Ronald

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#166627 Nov 4, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, your comment is a lie.......the question that was asked was "Did your mother EVER have a Same-Sex relationship?" or "Did your father EVER have a Same-Sex relationship?" Once the person answered this question.....their questionnaire was separated into a different stack. There were 255 kids who answered the question yes......and it is hardly a fair representation of the Gay and Lesbian population.......also, it didn't matter if the Same-Sex relationship was a one night stand or long term........so, again hardly a fair representation!!!
Seems to me he was trying to help gay relationships out.

1. According to lesbian studies, the likelihood was of children in a gay household being in a BETTER situation.

2. At the least, given the assertion that gays provide a equal setting, there was a 50/50 chance of benefit.

The bottom line is that Regnerus randomly selected 3000 people. That was the results.

His studies validated every family study EXCEPT one conducted by gay friendly researchers of gay households.

Hmmmm...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#166628 Nov 4, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Regnerus compared people raised by stable heterosexual couples, to those raised by unstable mixed-orientation couples, and then declared that “gay” parents have significantly worse child outcomes than do heterosexual parents, though his data does not support that conclusion.
For Regnerus’s comparison even to have begun to be valid, he would either have had to compare 1) stable same-sex-headed households to i) stable heterosexual-headed households, or 2) unstable heterosexual households to ii) unstable mixed-orientation-headed households.
There is no need for any further discussion as to whether Regnerus made a sociologically valid comparison; he did not. This issue alone is the beginning and the end of whether his published study is valid.
Writing in the Los Angeles Times, Dr. Nathaniel Frank said that Regnerus:“fails the most basic requirement of social science research — assessing causation by holding all other variables constant.”
Sorry honey,

Regnerus randomly selected 3000 people, divided them into seven family categories and listed the results.

Castigating the bearer of bad news doesn't change reality.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#166629 Nov 4, 2012
Lililth_Satans_Wh_ore wrote:
<quoted text>oh stfu little bigot boy
Isn't it cute how the self-proclaimed tolerant, civil right's, free speech, keep the government out of my life "advocate" liberal's are always the first to try and shut down anyone who opposes their agenda?
Mona Lott

Los Angeles, CA

#166630 Nov 4, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
I don't answer back to sock-puppets.
Why don't you just stick that sock puppet down your throat and choke on it. You are one of the two weakest links on this thread, and by far the least attractive.
krissy

Los Angeles, CA

#166631 Nov 4, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it cute how the self-proclaimed tolerant, civil right's, free speech, keep the government out of my life "advocate" liberal's are always the first to try and shut down anyone who opposes their agenda?
Don't you have some bottles to recycle and some spare change you need to panhandle for??

You are the biggest bag of wind here "a.ss-kiss pilot".

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#166633 Nov 4, 2012
krissy wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you have some bottles to recycle and some spare change you need to panhandle for??
You are the biggest bag of wind here "a.ss-kiss pilot".
Hi puppet.
DorN

La Puente, CA

#166639 Nov 4, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear me, are you from one of the conquered races ?
DorN did not write that comment.
DorN

La Puente, CA

#166640 Nov 4, 2012
DorN wrote:
<quoted text>
White trash, by any other name...
...is still white trash. You have self-glossed yourself an upgrade to English trash. Bad teeth, bad hygiene, a large homosexual strain in the male population.
Please return to England. You are a burden to the rest of us here in America.
Guess you are trying to be relevant and funny ?
...Pity......Keep trying.
DORN DID NOT WRITE THAT COMMENT
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#166641 Nov 4, 2012
I love my Homosexual friends, the lesbians, my canine honey, and yes, even the Africans.

I do not, though, approve of "transgender" males - complete with male genitalia - shocking innocent little non-lesbian girls in taxpayer funded school locker rooms through displays of their male genitalia.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/bcss4py

Ronald (Long Beach)
Marvel

Covina, CA

#166650 Nov 4, 2012
Could there ever be a better example of a complete idiot that Chris Christie, yep he is a Stupid Republican.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#166651 Nov 4, 2012
LIes Busters wrote:
<quoted text>Report her, she has reported 100s of posts not even close to being that bad. With Rosesoho, report her and report her and report.
Report all you like, I haven't made a single racist post.
The moderators will just get annoyed with you.

Los Angeles, CA

#166653 Nov 4, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^Rose knows this is untrue, she doesn't care about truth as long as she achieves her political goals.
She's a liar!
You are vile, and I don't believe you have any real morals.
Someone else said you are divorced, and your views fall in line with many "protect marriage" hypocrites. So, I believe them, not you.

Los Angeles, CA

#166654 Nov 4, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
And let's face it, when one is born Euro-American, one can be said to have won Life's Lottery, as we don't come any finer than that. Not sorry that you were born second-rate. After all, you are necessary, as a comparative model. People need to look at you to see the lower classes, in their true light.
With that face of yours, all you won is the "butt ugly" lottery!
Jackpot!

Los Angeles, CA

#166657 Nov 4, 2012
KiMare wrote:
Mark Regnerus' family structure study;
Here is the bottom line (pun intended). Out of 3000 subjects, 248 had parents in a same sex house (a fair homosexual representation out of three thousand).
By the way, that is the LARGEST study of gay households to date AND over the longest period of time.
ONLY TWO WERE ANY WHERE NEAR LONG TERM! It is not Regnerus's fault that's the best gay couples do.
The children from those gay houses rated at the bottom of the family studies. It is not Regnerus's fault they did poorly. He just reported the results.
This is the simple reality you deny.
"Mark Regnerus Admits His ‘Family Structures’ Study Wasn’t About Gay Parenting

An internal audit by the academic journal that originally published it found the conclusions to be “b****s****” because Regnerus’s criteria was whether a kid’s parent ever had a same-sex relationship, regardless of how long it lasted or what role in played in parenting. In a new interview with Focus on the Family — a group invested in continuing to cite the study to oppose LGBT equality — Regnerus admits that the foundation of his study is too weak to draw the conclusions that many have made:"

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/10/30/1110...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 53 min JOEL 68,935
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... 5 hr JoeMama 2
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 7 hr air mail 7,924
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles 7 hr Money 1
Mills brothers face new lawsuits over loans (Nov '08) Tue Plain Simple 16
MONTEREY HERALD LOSS monterey bay, monterey cit... Aug 26 roensoledad 2
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Aug 26 matches lighters 15,961
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE