Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,313)

Showing posts 146,241 - 146,260 of200,319
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
Geez...Bill Clinton has done a wonderful job, campaigning for the President...wonder why, GW isn't out campaigning for Mitt Romney?
Maybe he doesn't support Romney's run for president. That would make him just like you!

Bush bad! or Bush just like you. Which is it?

You'll never be happy!
Winston Smith

Halethorpe, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he doesn't support Romney's run for president. That would make him just like you!
You'll never be happy!
Jackasses, the lot of 'em.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
So, instead of using the authors words in the spirit that they were written. IE: not to rubber stamp ALL SSM parents as cut from the same cloth, you choose to misinterpret the author and use his words to discredit him. If he has contradicted himself, then his disclaimer is also not to be trusted, but he was not invalidating his own work, so you cannot, either. His work stands and his results show the majority of these children to be damaged, but not all. So he does not disagree with Kimare, he tries to give credit to some of these parents, and you try to use faulty logic to bolster your assertion, however false it is.
Nice try. But zero for results.
My faulty logic? I quoted the author of the study. HIS words, not mine. HIS logic, not mine.

My logic says his study is bogus. The data does not support his conclusions. Anyone with even a beginners knowledge of research methods can easily spot the lack of validity in his work. For Regnerus’s comparison even to have begun to be valid, he would either have had to compare 1) stable same-sex-headed households to i) stable heterosexual-headed households, or 2) unstable heterosexual households to ii) unstable mixed-orientation-headed households.

"There is no need for any further discussion as to whether Regnerus made a sociologically valid comparison; he did not. This issue alone is the beginning and the end of whether his published study is valid.

Writing in the Los Angeles Times, Dr. Nathaniel Frank said that Regnerus:“fails the most basic requirement of social science research — assessing causation by holding all other variables constant.”

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/publicat...
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that you have shyte colored skin, kinky ass nappy hair and big fat bubba lips ? Shucks, we already knew that...
So you're a racist, too... how exciting... a regular Neanderthal.
Lavender

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Nothing like a good scent?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Laquesha Jefferson PhD wrote:
A troll with 389 post OFF TOPIC posts in the past FIVE days and 4 responds to "She's got a ugly mug for sure but your wife's ass isn't that hair!" and you think I'm stupid?
When you look up a person's posts you have to realize they count the same post many times according to how many local forums it appeared in. Duh! So what a dope like you thinks is 390 posts can actually be only one or a very few posts.

Look up yourself see how many posts are listed for a real whack job.

What a dope.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

that's interesting from a legal standpoint
Lavender

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Someone pay a coyote to take this bum back across the border back to his CULT hangout in Mexico.

Stupid Willard Mitt Romney is crying that the sky is falling, this type of "so called American" is not needed here in the United States Of America.
A Rapper

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Nothing beats the Saturday cartoons.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Keep marriage male/female; vote Tuesday.

Since: Sep 08

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Gloop!
HEXa

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

One of the soldiers' key witnesses, a doctor, testified that hexavalent chromium caused a change to soldiers' genes,

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
With all the many issues and situations, facing the American's in this election...it's soothing to realize, at least you, have a firm grasp on the bottom line, priority.....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll never be happy!
Luckily, GW was the only bad bush, i have ever experienced.....

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
No Rose, I clearly stated what I meant to say. Unlike you I don't parse words.
You dance like a little puppet, it's about the only thing you are good at.
Why would I waste my time responding to your repeated nonsense, my reply would be the same as I already posted as you failed to counter any of it.
I counter your arguments all the time.

Akapilot tactic #1- Whine like a wounded bitch
Akapilot tactic #2- Whine like a wounded bitch, then claim victory.
Akapilot tactic #3- Make racist comments then whine like a wounded bitch when called on it.
Akapilot tactic #4- Refuse to answer questions, then whine like a wounded bitch, and claim he answered the questions.
Akapilot tactic #5- Act like he's TTAG to distract from the fact he's can't counter an argument.
Akapilot tactic #6- Act like a Constitutional scholar because he can copy/paste, but come off like a little prick.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm..........post #164985 ? Where you posted this ? "Why are you homophobes so fixated on the parades? Just quit searching youtube for clips them. You nutcases act like you can't go down to the corner store without running into a gay pride parade.
akpilot wrote:
as a superior class. We do not have a Heterosexual Parade in every city,
Gee...I wonder why...
akpilot wrote:
complete with indecent symbology, and we are also asked to accept that they wish to introduce the subject matter of homosexual couples into our school system, at an alarmingly early stage in childrens lives,
Rose's Law...
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"
akpilot wrote:
so as to prevent any natural development of the child feelings and emotions towards the gays. This is a far cry from mere protection, and goes too far. It has also been proposed to make it illegal for parents to attempt to guide a childs choices of sexual preference,"
in your "typo" ? That mysteriously placed akpilots name in ? In a vain attempt to attack him for my words ? Hmmm?
Do you mean that I don't know about THAT post ?
I guess you consider the process of copy/pasting mysterious. Oh, well. LOL! I attack akapilot for his own words all the time, no need make it look like your stupid comments were his stupid comments, no need for you to get all worked up over a simple typo.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
Post #164985. Read it and cry, monkey .....Post #164985
Thanks for searching for me. I didn't want to bother.
LOL. Too easy!

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're a racist, too... how exciting... a regular Neanderthal.
Yeah, R Hudson is a typical fundie, a stupid, racist nobody.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
You didn't keep your marriage male/female, you got a divorce, hypocrite.
Stay home on Tuesday.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody remember Love Canal ?
That's the part of your wife you look at because her face is so damn ugly!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 146,241 - 146,260 of200,319
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••