Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,794

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Read more

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#166590 Nov 4, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
Boy, you sure make a lot of noise for some scrub from NJ
He's from Kentucky! A nasty little pocket of rednecks down there. So he has a fine heritage, but then he moved to Joisey and became a gay commie.

Funny stuff! But true.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#166594 Nov 4, 2012
jaymoo wrote:
Don't know about anybody else, but even for a thread about same-sex marriage, there seems to be an awful lot of bitching. Especially by those who don't agree with it.
Ho-de-ho.
QED
DorN

Los Angeles, CA

#166595 Nov 4, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
AND, not only am I Euro-American, I am of English descent, which places me at the top of the Caucasian food chain. Top shelf. Finest gift that God ever gave the world, Englishmen.
White trash, by any other name...
...is still white trash. You have self-glossed yourself an upgrade to English trash. Bad teeth, bad hygiene, a large homosexual strain in the male population.

Please return to England. You are a burden to the rest of us here in America.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#166596 Nov 4, 2012
Mark Regnerus' family structure study;

Here is the bottom line (pun intended). Out of 3000 subjects, 248 had parents in a same sex house (a fair homosexual representation out of three thousand).

By the way, that is the LARGEST study of gay households to date AND over the longest period of time.

ONLY TWO WERE ANY WHERE NEAR LONG TERM! It is not Regnerus's fault that's the best gay couples do.

The children from those gay houses rated at the bottom of the family studies. It is not Regnerus's fault they did poorly. He just reported the results.

This is the simple reality you deny.

“SCOTUS will Rule in June for”

Since: Aug 08

MARRIAGE EQUALITY:-)

#166597 Nov 4, 2012
KiMare wrote:
Mark Regnerus' family structure study;
Here is the bottom line (pun intended). Out of 3000 subjects, 248 had parents in a same sex house (a fair homosexual representation out of three thousand).
Actually, your comment is a lie.......the question that was asked was "Did your mother EVER have a Same-Sex relationship?" or "Did your father EVER have a Same-Sex relationship?" Once the person answered this question.....their questionnaire was separated into a different stack. There were 255 kids who answered the question yes......and it is hardly a fair representation of the Gay and Lesbian population.......also, it didn't matter if the Same-Sex relationship was a one night stand or long term........so, again hardly a fair representation!!!

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#166599 Nov 4, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess you are trying to be relevant and funny ?
...Pity......Keep trying.
oh stfu little bigot boy
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#166600 Nov 4, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
AND, not only am I Euro-American, I am of English descent, which places me at the top of the Caucasian food chain. Top shelf. Finest gift that God ever gave the world, Englishmen.
You poor dear. Religious AND irrational.... how fresh.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#166601 Nov 4, 2012
KiMare wrote:
Mark Regnerus' family structure study;
Here is the bottom line (pun intended). Out of 3000 subjects, 248 had parents in a same sex house (a fair homosexual representation out of three thousand).
By the way, that is the LARGEST study of gay households to date AND over the longest period of time.
ONLY TWO WERE ANY WHERE NEAR LONG TERM! It is not Regnerus's fault that's the best gay couples do.
The children from those gay houses rated at the bottom of the family studies. It is not Regnerus's fault they did poorly. He just reported the results.
This is the simple reality you deny.
Regnerus compared people raised by stable heterosexual couples, to those raised by unstable mixed-orientation couples, and then declared that “gay” parents have significantly worse child outcomes than do heterosexual parents, though his data does not support that conclusion.

For Regnerus’s comparison even to have begun to be valid, he would either have had to compare 1) stable same-sex-headed households to i) stable heterosexual-headed households, or 2) unstable heterosexual households to ii) unstable mixed-orientation-headed households.

There is no need for any further discussion as to whether Regnerus made a sociologically valid comparison; he did not. This issue alone is the beginning and the end of whether his published study is valid.

Writing in the Los Angeles Times, Dr. Nathaniel Frank said that Regnerus:“fails the most basic requirement of social science research — assessing causation by holding all other variables constant.”
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#166603 Nov 4, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
Boy, you sure make a lot of noise for some scrub from NJ
Yeah..... we're laughing all the way to the bank, newbie.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#166604 Nov 4, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
He's from Kentucky! A nasty little pocket of rednecks down there. So he has a fine heritage, but then he moved to Joisey and became a gay commie.
Funny stuff! But true.
Not true, but that never stopped you before.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#166605 Nov 4, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
If I'm a bigot, so is everyone else who is proud of their heritage...
How many of your ancestors did we kill in the American Revolution?
Jerry

Los Angeles, CA

#166606 Nov 4, 2012
Lililth_Satans_Wh_ore wrote:
<quoted text>oh stfu little bigot boy
That's right, Hud-phag. Stay the little bittch you are and be quiet. When someone draws down their zipper, then speak up and react.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#166607 Nov 4, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
And I'm sure, that in NJ, you've NEVER heard a Puerto Rican say "I'm Chicano, not Latino", are they bigots, too ?
You are correct. Never heard it.
nenny noo

Los Angeles, CA

#166608 Nov 4, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of your ancestors did we kill in the American Revolution?
not enough, apparently!!
ToddsNuts

Covina, CA

#166609 Nov 4, 2012
Todd Akin's views opposing abortion access are well-known. Republican nuttys..

In August, 2012 he infamously said he believes that women who are victims of "legitimate rape" are physically able to stop themselves from becoming pregnant.

A comment that was widely ridiculed and rejected by medical professionals, rape victims and politicians on both sides of the aisle.

Thids proves he and those like him are NUTS and don't belong in politics.
resident

Baldwin Park, CA

#166616 Nov 4, 2012
I have nothing agaisnt gays but same sex marriage is horribly wrong, what's up with these people
PlayBook

Covina, CA

#166618 Nov 4, 2012
Run a red false right on 15.
Ronald

Los Angeles, CA

#166619 Nov 4, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
AND, not only am I Euro-American, I am of English descent, which places me at the top of the Caucasian food chain. Top shelf. Finest gift that God ever gave the world, Englishmen.
R Hudson.

You are delusional.
You are on the bottom rung and lowest depths of the Euro-Caucasian food chain. Ask any other white person and they'll inform you of the same.
Please accept yourself being a bottom-feeder. No shame in being one. Your whole family tree are in the same boat alongside you, so you are not alone.

Ronald

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#166627 Nov 4, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, your comment is a lie.......the question that was asked was "Did your mother EVER have a Same-Sex relationship?" or "Did your father EVER have a Same-Sex relationship?" Once the person answered this question.....their questionnaire was separated into a different stack. There were 255 kids who answered the question yes......and it is hardly a fair representation of the Gay and Lesbian population.......also, it didn't matter if the Same-Sex relationship was a one night stand or long term........so, again hardly a fair representation!!!
Seems to me he was trying to help gay relationships out.

1. According to lesbian studies, the likelihood was of children in a gay household being in a BETTER situation.

2. At the least, given the assertion that gays provide a equal setting, there was a 50/50 chance of benefit.

The bottom line is that Regnerus randomly selected 3000 people. That was the results.

His studies validated every family study EXCEPT one conducted by gay friendly researchers of gay households.

Hmmmm...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#166628 Nov 4, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Regnerus compared people raised by stable heterosexual couples, to those raised by unstable mixed-orientation couples, and then declared that “gay” parents have significantly worse child outcomes than do heterosexual parents, though his data does not support that conclusion.
For Regnerus’s comparison even to have begun to be valid, he would either have had to compare 1) stable same-sex-headed households to i) stable heterosexual-headed households, or 2) unstable heterosexual households to ii) unstable mixed-orientation-headed households.
There is no need for any further discussion as to whether Regnerus made a sociologically valid comparison; he did not. This issue alone is the beginning and the end of whether his published study is valid.
Writing in the Los Angeles Times, Dr. Nathaniel Frank said that Regnerus:“fails the most basic requirement of social science research — assessing causation by holding all other variables constant.”
Sorry honey,

Regnerus randomly selected 3000 people, divided them into seven family categories and listed the results.

Castigating the bearer of bad news doesn't change reality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where can I find heroin in monterey? Fri Rosiedosie 7
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Thu scirocco 71,697
News Homicide suspect Victor Cabrera has long histor... (Oct '08) Mar 24 mando 12
News Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Mar 20 Gary 16
Review: Salazar Auto Repair (Sep '13) Mar 10 fed up 3
News Ezekiel Lopez-Figueroa at his sentencing this m... (Dec '11) Mar 5 Carlos Slim 14
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Mar 3 Joe Balls 1,530
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]