Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,038

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#166393 Nov 2, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so what is the definition of a moon then?
I don't know, I just putting out a guess.

Los Angeles, CA

#166394 Nov 2, 2012
I was just putting out a guess.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#166395 Nov 2, 2012
luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol ,cute but I would not say Obama was purple.
You know what I am thinking?
The fun I am going to have humiliating you and Rose come Nov. 7 but I am not mean so it will be in good fun and funny.
Keep dreaming.... you'll need it Nov 7th. You'll be busy wondering how you could be SO wrong. I already know the answer: You're dumber than a box of rocks.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#166396 Nov 2, 2012
Wow.. Literal gibberish on Topix.. I always saw borderline gibberish but never pure gibberish before.
Javlin

Covina, CA

#166397 Nov 2, 2012
The bulb will get you soon.
Winston Smith

United States

#166400 Nov 2, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike god, the vacuum on the far side of Pluto isn't ever present.
<quoted text>
No, so what?
Never claimed I could.
<quoted text>
No. Um, so what?
Never claimed I could.
<quoted text>
I never made that claim. Many things exist that we can't see, hear or touch.
I said if GOD exists, there would be evidence for his existence.
What makes god unique? God is supposed to be all powerful, ever present, all knowing, all that, AND involved in our lives, supposed to answer our prayers. Can't say that about the vacuum on the far side of Pluto.
You're discounting the presence of God or gods based upon the things that mere mortals expect. That doesn't mean one or many don't exist. Some of the founding fathers believed in God but didn't think he would waste his time meddling in the affairs of man. Does that one exist? If not can you prove it?

Remember, a lot of what we know now wasn't known 50 years ago, more when you go back 100 years, still more when you go back 1000 years. No proof of these many things existed to hour knowledge. Yet they still were present.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#166401 Nov 2, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
"And whatsoever you shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son." John 14:13
So you have decided that the only possible "god" is the one described in a book written by man?

But, as usual you simply pull things out of context, again showing your ignorance in trying to prove your nonsense.

"When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures"(James 4:3)

Also, just like you don't comprehend the meaning of "equal protection" in the 14th Amendment, you do not comprehend the meaning of "in my name" in this context.
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't, but when I'm talking about "god", I'm talking about that one. If "god" can mean anything, there is nothing to debate.
There usually isn't anything to debate with you, you are usually wrong.
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

Just lame insults, no real arguments. Typical of your posts.
That's usually what we find in your posts- are you surprised?

Location hidden

#166402 Nov 2, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike god, the vacuum on the far side of Pluto isn't ever present.
<quoted text>
No, so what?
Never claimed I could.
<quoted text>
No. Um, so what?
Never claimed I could.
<quoted text>
I never made that claim. Many things exist that we can't see, hear or touch.
I said if GOD exists, there would be evidence for his existence.
What makes god unique? God is supposed to be all powerful, ever present, all knowing, all that, AND involved in our lives, supposed to answer our prayers. Can't say that about the vacuum on the far side of Pluto.
Rose, the dancing puppet. Always a source of cheap entertainment.

Location hidden

#166403 Nov 2, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not deal with my actual argument?
Who could tell what it is, it is like a moving target. Each time you are proven wrong you simply change your story and claim to have never made the previous statement.
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
And it's silly to say I reached my conclusion that there is no god via faith. I reached it via evidence, or should I say, lack of any evidence.
It is FAITH Rose-

Location hidden

#166404 Nov 2, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
None of my conclusions are faith based, you don’t have the perspective to understand the difference between evidence and lack thereof
There was a severe lack of evidence that Dinosaurs existed prior to their discovery, does that mean they didn't exist?

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#166405 Nov 2, 2012
KiMare wrote:
The New Family Structure Study (NFSS) suggests notable differences on many outcomes do, in fact, exist [between same-sex, intact-married, and biological homes]. This is inconsistent with claims of ‘no differences’ generated by studies that have commonly employed far narrower samples than this one.”
Compared with off-spring from married, intact mother/father homes, children raised in same-sex homes are markedly more likely to…
Experience poor educational attainment
Report overall lower levels of happiness, mental and physical health.
Have impulsive behavior
Be in counseling or mental health therapy (2xs)
Suffer from depression (by large margins)
Have recently thought of suicide (significantly)
Identify as bisexual, lesbian or gay
Have male on male or female on female sex partners (dramatically higher)
Currently be in a same-sex romantic relationship (2x to 3x more likely)
Be asexual (females with lesbian parents)
As adults, be unmarried; much more likely to cohabit
As adults, more likely to be unfaithful in married or cohabiting relationships
Have a sexually tramsmitted infection (STI)
Be sexually molested (both inappropriate touching and forced sexual act)
Feel relationally isolated from bio-mother and -father (Although lesbian-parented children do feel close to their bio-mom – not surprisingly – they are not as close as children with a bio-mom married to father)
Be unemployed or part-time employed as young adults
As adults, currently be on public assistance or sometime in their childhood
Live in homes with lower income levels
Drink with intention of getting drunk
To smoke tobacco and marijuana
Spend more time watching TV
Have frequency of arrests
Have pled guilty to minor legal offense
Read this:
http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/researc...

Location hidden

#166406 Nov 2, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
you don’t have the perspective to understand the difference between evidence and lack thereof
Sure I do, it's called PERSONAL BIAS.
ZEyeed

Covina, CA

#166408 Nov 2, 2012
Mitt Romney, My vision for America looks even worse the first time.
Spine

Covina, CA

#166411 Nov 2, 2012
If the Romney folks are upset that Whoopi asked Queen Ann the question they should have let Willard Mitt Romney borrow Queen Ann's spine and show up himself.
Deflect

Covina, CA

#166415 Nov 2, 2012
Any Mormon in the white house is dangerous.

Ann like ALL other mormons did NOT answer the question.

Just because he was serving a "Mormon Mission" shouldn't preclude a person from serving in the Armed Forces, so the question is STILL unanswered, WHY DIDN"T MITT PERFORM ANY MILITARY SERVICE?

To you mormon that think I don't know what I'm talking about know this in advance.

I was born and raised in LDS, SLC, Utah, and am VERY familiar with mormons and their inablity to answer a direct question.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#166416 Nov 2, 2012
Why can't black women, go into a Mormon Temple?

Los Angeles, CA

#166417 Nov 2, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
You're discounting the presence of God or gods based upon the things that mere mortals expect.
I am talking specifically about the god described in the bible. If "god" can mean anything, there really isn't anything to discus.
Winston Smith wrote:
That doesn't mean one or many don't exist. Some of the founding fathers believed in God but didn't think he would waste his time meddling in the affairs of man. Does that one exist? If not can you prove it?
You could ask me the same question about elves. And I would give you the same kind of answer.
Don't know, but I have no reason to believe he does.
Winston Smith wrote:
Remember, a lot of what we know now wasn't known 50 years ago, more when you go back 100 years, still more when you go back 1000 years. No proof of these many things existed to hour knowledge. Yet they still were present.
I know. None of those things are infinite and involved personally in our lives.
Knt read

Covina, CA

#166418 Nov 2, 2012
Voter registration has hit record low with Republicans' share of voters has dropped to a historic low statewide and countywide, according to numbers posted by the California secretary of state Friday.
phaines

Big Bear Lake, CA

#166419 Nov 2, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Why can't black women, go into a Mormon Temple?
why does that sound like the begining of a bad joke?...

Los Angeles, CA

#166420 Nov 2, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have decided that the only possible "god" is the one described in a book written by man?
No, stupid. I didn't decide that. As I said *before*(several times), I'm talking about the god described in the bible. If "god" can mean anything, there is nothing to discuss.
akpilot wrote:
But, as usual you simply pull things out of context, again showing your ignorance in trying to prove your nonsense.
"When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures"(James 4:3)
I could say the same thing about praying to a bag of Doritos...
Anyway, my quote was talking about asking in Jesus' name, that's not mentioned in your quote.
akpilot wrote:
Also, just like you don't comprehend the meaning of "equal protection" in the 14th Amendment, you do not comprehend the meaning of "in my name" in this context.
I know what ""equal protection" means, it means.."equal protection".
akpilot wrote:
There usually isn't anything to debate with you, you are usually wrong.
You can't point out a single time I was wrong, well other than typos.
akpilot wrote:
That's usually what we find in your posts- are you surprised?
LOL. You can't counter my arguments.
Are you as ugly as Hudson?
My guess is you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 min JOEL 69,470
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 15 hr RiccardoFire 16,008
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sun No Time for Tea 5,084
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sep 27 Bucketeers 7,965
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 23 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep 21 fancy 3
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sep 21 theos 2,275

Monterey Jobs

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]