Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
146,141 - 146,160 of 200,328 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166340
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

The New Family Structure Study (NFSS) suggests notable differences on many outcomes do, in fact, exist [between same-sex, intact-married, and biological homes]. This is inconsistent with claims of ‘no differences’ generated by studies that have commonly employed far narrower samples than this one.”

Compared with off-spring from married, intact mother/father homes, children raised in same-sex homes are markedly more likely to…

Experience poor educational attainment
Report overall lower levels of happiness, mental and physical health.
Have impulsive behavior
Be in counseling or mental health therapy (2xs)
Suffer from depression (by large margins)
Have recently thought of suicide (significantly)
Identify as bisexual, lesbian or gay
Have male on male or female on female sex partners (dramatically higher)
Currently be in a same-sex romantic relationship (2x to 3x more likely)
Be asexual (females with lesbian parents)
As adults, be unmarried; much more likely to cohabit
As adults, more likely to be unfaithful in married or cohabiting relationships
Have a sexually tramsmitted infection (STI)
Be sexually molested (both inappropriate touching and forced sexual act)
Feel relationally isolated from bio-mother and -father (Although lesbian-parented children do feel close to their bio-mom – not surprisingly – they are not as close as children with a bio-mom married to father)
Be unemployed or part-time employed as young adults
As adults, currently be on public assistance or sometime in their childhood
Live in homes with lower income levels
Drink with intention of getting drunk
To smoke tobacco and marijuana
Spend more time watching TV
Have frequency of arrests
Have pled guilty to minor legal offense

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166342
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny, NASA says you are wrong.
" For instance, what's happening to Pluto's atmosphere?
Pluto can get so cold, researchers believe, that its atmosphere can actually freeze and fall to the ground. If Earth's atmosphere did that, it would make a layer 30 feet thick, but Pluto has less to work with. When it’s on the ground, Pluto's entire blanket of air is no more than a frosty film of nitrogen and methane. "
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-...
Pluto has too little gravity. But, ok.

Trivia question: How many moons does Earth have?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166343
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooooo...
Good come back.
Likewise toots!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166344
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said Winston, you should just give up on Rose-- Logic fails her.
Winston should just plain give up!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166345
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me try again with you, dummy. Maybe this will make it clear.
1. God - unlimited.
2. Life on other planets - limited.
3. Rose_NoHo - Dope.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166346
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking about something is NOT proof of its existence.
Wow! Deep.

And stupid!

What a dope.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166347
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

snyper wrote:
Pluto has no atmosphere.
Sort of like your head.
Yes it does.

What a dope!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166348
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
It does make sense, and the point it, claiming something doesn't exists simply because we lack evidence is foolish. If that is true, we should tell scientists to just give up, they are wasting their time trying to discover new things.
To accept this logic one must accept that Dinosaur's didn't exist prior to 1824 when William Buckland discovered and assigned a scientific name to the newly discovered animal species. Prior to that there was no evidence of their existence, thus they did not exist.
Fact is, those whom believe in a "god" and those whom do not, arrive at their respective conclusions the same way- FAITH!
So you are saying that I should assume, in fact have faith, that you are a child molester even though there is no evidence for it.

Man has made up many gods over the course of history, billions of them in fact.

I can tell you for certain that you are wrong about that last part, there is no way you can have the same amount of assurance for what you believe, than I do about the existence of gravity.

same for the Big bang

same for Evolution

I have mountains and mountains of evidence, and zero evidence to the contrary.

you have none at all, just a puny belief

However all things considered I will go you one better, lets say you are right, and I am wrong, and the one god out of billions of gods man has made up, actually is god, and sits on a throne in heaven, and basically says..“Worship me or you will be tortured with everlasting torture”

I still would not worship that.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166349
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Does thought exist?
I'm thinking about a purple zebra.........
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166350
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

KiMare wrote:
The New Family Structure Study (NFSS) suggests notable differences on many outcomes do, in fact, exist [between same-sex, intact-married, and biological homes]. This is inconsistent with claims of ‘no differences’ generated by studies that have commonly employed far narrower samples than this one.”
Compared with off-spring from married, intact mother/father homes, children raised in same-sex homes are markedly more likely to…
Experience poor educational attainment
Report overall lower levels of happiness, mental and physical health.
Have impulsive behavior
Be in counseling or mental health therapy (2xs)
Suffer from depression (by large margins)
Have recently thought of suicide (significantly)
Identify as bisexual, lesbian or gay
Have male on male or female on female sex partners (dramatically higher)
Currently be in a same-sex romantic relationship (2x to 3x more likely)
Be asexual (females with lesbian parents)
As adults, be unmarried; much more likely to cohabit
As adults, more likely to be unfaithful in married or cohabiting relationships
Have a sexually tramsmitted infection (STI)
Be sexually molested (both inappropriate touching and forced sexual act)
Feel relationally isolated from bio-mother and -father (Although lesbian-parented children do feel close to their bio-mom – not surprisingly – they are not as close as children with a bio-mom married to father)
Be unemployed or part-time employed as young adults
As adults, currently be on public assistance or sometime in their childhood
Live in homes with lower income levels
Drink with intention of getting drunk
To smoke tobacco and marijuana
Spend more time watching TV
Have frequency of arrests
Have pled guilty to minor legal offense
Nice try, but the author of that study disagrees with you.

"I take pains in the study to say this is not about saying gay or lesbian parents are inherently bad.
I’d be more careful about the language I used to describe people whose parents had same-sex relationships. I said “lesbian mothers” and “gay fathers,” when in fact, I don’t know about their sexual orientation"... Mark Regnerus

“Stop the liberal madness”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166351
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking about a purple zebra.........
Lol ,cute but I would not say Obama was purple.

You know what I am thinking?

The fun I am going to have humiliating you and Rose come Nov. 7 but I am not mean so it will be in good fun and funny.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166352
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that I should assume, in fact have faith, that you are a child molester even though there is no evidence for it.
Man has made up many gods over the course of history, billions of them in fact.
I can tell you for certain that you are wrong about that last part, there is no way you can have the same amount of assurance for what you believe, than I do about the existence of gravity.
same for the Big bang
same for Evolution
I have mountains and mountains of evidence, and zero evidence to the contrary.
you have none at all, just a puny belief
However all things considered I will go you one better, lets say you are right, and I am wrong, and the one god out of billions of gods man has made up, actually is god, and sits on a throne in heaven, and basically says..“Worship me or you will be tortured with everlasting torture”
I still would not worship that.
One good poke with that red hot pitchfork and you'll be singing a different tune tough guy!

Funny stuff!

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166353
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
One good poke with that red hot pitchfork and you'll be singing a different tune tough guy!
Funny stuff!
How are things by you in Canarsie rite now after Sandy ? I was born in Bushwick, btw.

(Evangelical Deaconess Hospital, 623 Chauncey Street, Brooklyn, 40.683195°,-73.909861°)
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166354
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
One good poke with that red hot pitchfork and you'll be singing a different tune tough guy!
Funny stuff!
Wrong again

Fear is not the way to my heart, you don’t force someone to do what you want ( in this case love you ) you through fear. That is the way of a terrorist, and I won’t worship a terrorist.

You go ahead if you want, my moral standards are higher than that.

Trying to force someone to love you through fear reminds me of rape.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166355
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again
Fear is not the way to my heart, you don’t force someone to do what you want ( in this case love you ) you through fear. That is the way of a terrorist, and I won’t worship a terrorist.
You go ahead if you want, my moral standards are higher than that.
Trying to force someone to love you through fear reminds me of rape.
Not love, motivation. There are two ways to motivate someone. Love and fear. Love is best but fear is a close second. If you don't have love, fear will do fine. And you'll never know how brave you are until the time comes. It's easy to claim you'll be brave and you may even believe it. Everyone has a limit to their bravery. Hope you never have to find yours tough guy!
DorN

Ridgecrest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166356
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Brian_G wrote:
Down with Obama,
Romney has pledged to do everything a President can do to keep marriage one man and one woman.
-----
One man could be an in the closet gay man. One woman could be an in the closet lesbian. If they marry a straight person, the factor for homosexuality will show up in their children or grandchildren. If gays are allowed to marry gays, they will not have to stay in the closet and that makes more sense.
VOTE FOR OBAMA!
LET THE GAYS COME OUT OF THE CLOSET SAFTELY.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166357
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

You can make all the arguments you want for "worship me or I will torture you" you like.

But I am not worshiping that.

ever

Fear is not the way to my heart
Next Move

Hacienda Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166358
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Sounds like a bad cop that should have gone to prison but got a slap on the wrist instead.

What is up with the Fullerton, California police?

And the Fullerton city council members who turn a blind eye to police abuse and corruption?

Lies, murder of homless people, destruction of evidence as a cover up, what else can we expect from the Fullerton, California police?
Tata

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166359
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Ok I'm going to take a break from this dumb thread for a while, so don't beleive that chimp; Rose da Ho when he/she tells you it had me removed lol. We all know that no one listens to a chimp. I'll bring you back a fresh batch of bananas when I return Rose, if you've been a good chimp while I'm away you can have them . . .

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#166360
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Big D wrote:
You can make all the arguments you want for "worship me or I will torture you" you like.
But I am not worshiping that.
ever
Fear is not the way to my heart
We're real proud of you tough guy!

Funny stuff!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••