Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,308)

Showing posts 146,141 - 146,160 of199,083
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
You have offered no proof of God's existence or lack of existence. Can you see, touch or hear the vacuum on the far side of Pluto? Can you see, hear, or touch the subatomic particles that make up a fraction of one of your vertebrae? Can you prove that someone doesn't have an elephant in their tub somewhere else on the planet? If seeing, hearing, or touching something is your litmus test for the existence of something you're not going to be able to prove that man is capable of thought.
Thinking about something is NOT proof of its existence.
Winston Smith

Ashland, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Does thought exist?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>You have offered no proof of God's existence or lack of existence. Can you see, touch or hear the vacuum on the far side of Pluto? Can you see, hear, or touch the subatomic particles that make up a fraction of one of your vertebrae? Can you prove that someone doesn't have an elephant in their tub somewhere else on the planet? If seeing, hearing, or touching something is your litmus test for the existence of something you're not going to be able to prove that man is capable of thought.
We have other evidence to provide us with that kind of knowledge. Scientists have not detected an atmosphere, with telescopes or sensors, both of which produce visual evidence, and therefore they infer that there is a vacuum on Pluto, like the rest of space. We also have electron microscopes to physically see subatomic particles. Your examples don't make much sense.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

AscendedFalmer wrote:
<quoted text>
We have other evidence to provide us with that kind of knowledge. Scientists have not detected an atmosphere, with telescopes or sensors, both of which produce visual evidence, and therefore they infer that there is a vacuum on Pluto, like the rest of space. We also have electron microscopes to physically see subatomic particles. Your examples don't make much sense.
It does make sense, and the point it, claiming something doesn't exists simply because we lack evidence is foolish. If that is true, we should tell scientists to just give up, they are wasting their time trying to discover new things.

To accept this logic one must accept that Dinosaur's didn't exist prior to 1824 when William Buckland discovered and assigned a scientific name to the newly discovered animal species. Prior to that there was no evidence of their existence, thus they did not exist.

Fact is, those whom believe in a "god" and those whom do not, arrive at their respective conclusions the same way- FAITH!

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

AscendedFalmer wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you are ABSOLUTELY WRONG. One of the problems with measuring the diameter of Pluto with accuracy is that it's atmosphere makes it look BIGGER than it really is. How much bigger it appears in a telescope due to it's atmosphere is a subject of ongoing scientific study.

Hopefully, in about 6 - 7 years, the New Horizons spacecraft will reach the Pluto-Charon system (Their barycenter lies between the 2 bodies), and will be able to very accurately measure it's diameter and measure other things in the Pluto-Charon system of scientific interest.

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

Pluto has no atmosphere.

Sort of like your head.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

snyper wrote:
Pluto has no atmosphere.
Sort of like your head.
That's funny, NASA says you are wrong.

" For instance, what's happening to Pluto's atmosphere?

Pluto can get so cold, researchers believe, that its atmosphere can actually freeze and fall to the ground. If Earth's atmosphere did that, it would make a layer 30 feet thick, but Pluto has less to work with. When it’s on the ground, Pluto's entire blanket of air is no more than a frosty film of nitrogen and methane. "

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-...
Sexy Gay Pennis Man

Healdsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Not a Founding Father wrote:
...by the way,
A bit of congratulations should go out to David Boies and Ted Olsen, the attorneys that prevailed in this round. You may remember them from a little SCOTUS case back in 2000, they were on opposing sides in Bush v. Gore. What a team!
Let me hump your face with my Penni's.
is that ok big daddy.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

The New Family Structure Study (NFSS) suggests notable differences on many outcomes do, in fact, exist [between same-sex, intact-married, and biological homes]. This is inconsistent with claims of ‘no differences’ generated by studies that have commonly employed far narrower samples than this one.”

Compared with off-spring from married, intact mother/father homes, children raised in same-sex homes are markedly more likely to…

Experience poor educational attainment
Report overall lower levels of happiness, mental and physical health.
Have impulsive behavior
Be in counseling or mental health therapy (2xs)
Suffer from depression (by large margins)
Have recently thought of suicide (significantly)
Identify as bisexual, lesbian or gay
Have male on male or female on female sex partners (dramatically higher)
Currently be in a same-sex romantic relationship (2x to 3x more likely)
Be asexual (females with lesbian parents)
As adults, be unmarried; much more likely to cohabit
As adults, more likely to be unfaithful in married or cohabiting relationships
Have a sexually tramsmitted infection (STI)
Be sexually molested (both inappropriate touching and forced sexual act)
Feel relationally isolated from bio-mother and -father (Although lesbian-parented children do feel close to their bio-mom – not surprisingly – they are not as close as children with a bio-mom married to father)
Be unemployed or part-time employed as young adults
As adults, currently be on public assistance or sometime in their childhood
Live in homes with lower income levels
Drink with intention of getting drunk
To smoke tobacco and marijuana
Spend more time watching TV
Have frequency of arrests
Have pled guilty to minor legal offense

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny, NASA says you are wrong.
" For instance, what's happening to Pluto's atmosphere?
Pluto can get so cold, researchers believe, that its atmosphere can actually freeze and fall to the ground. If Earth's atmosphere did that, it would make a layer 30 feet thick, but Pluto has less to work with. When it’s on the ground, Pluto's entire blanket of air is no more than a frosty film of nitrogen and methane. "
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-...
Pluto has too little gravity. But, ok.

Trivia question: How many moons does Earth have?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooooo...
Good come back.
Likewise toots!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said Winston, you should just give up on Rose-- Logic fails her.
Winston should just plain give up!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me try again with you, dummy. Maybe this will make it clear.
1. God - unlimited.
2. Life on other planets - limited.
3. Rose_NoHo - Dope.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Deep.

And stupid!

What a dope.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

snyper wrote:
Pluto has no atmosphere.
Sort of like your head.
Yes it does.

What a dope!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
It does make sense, and the point it, claiming something doesn't exists simply because we lack evidence is foolish. If that is true, we should tell scientists to just give up, they are wasting their time trying to discover new things.
To accept this logic one must accept that Dinosaur's didn't exist prior to 1824 when William Buckland discovered and assigned a scientific name to the newly discovered animal species. Prior to that there was no evidence of their existence, thus they did not exist.
Fact is, those whom believe in a "god" and those whom do not, arrive at their respective conclusions the same way- FAITH!
So you are saying that I should assume, in fact have faith, that you are a child molester even though there is no evidence for it.

Man has made up many gods over the course of history, billions of them in fact.

I can tell you for certain that you are wrong about that last part, there is no way you can have the same amount of assurance for what you believe, than I do about the existence of gravity.

same for the Big bang

same for Evolution

I have mountains and mountains of evidence, and zero evidence to the contrary.

you have none at all, just a puny belief

However all things considered I will go you one better, lets say you are right, and I am wrong, and the one god out of billions of gods man has made up, actually is god, and sits on a throne in heaven, and basically says..“Worship me or you will be tortured with everlasting torture”

I still would not worship that.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Does thought exist?
I'm thinking about a purple zebra.........
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
The New Family Structure Study (NFSS) suggests notable differences on many outcomes do, in fact, exist [between same-sex, intact-married, and biological homes]. This is inconsistent with claims of ‘no differences’ generated by studies that have commonly employed far narrower samples than this one.”
Compared with off-spring from married, intact mother/father homes, children raised in same-sex homes are markedly more likely to…
Experience poor educational attainment
Report overall lower levels of happiness, mental and physical health.
Have impulsive behavior
Be in counseling or mental health therapy (2xs)
Suffer from depression (by large margins)
Have recently thought of suicide (significantly)
Identify as bisexual, lesbian or gay
Have male on male or female on female sex partners (dramatically higher)
Currently be in a same-sex romantic relationship (2x to 3x more likely)
Be asexual (females with lesbian parents)
As adults, be unmarried; much more likely to cohabit
As adults, more likely to be unfaithful in married or cohabiting relationships
Have a sexually tramsmitted infection (STI)
Be sexually molested (both inappropriate touching and forced sexual act)
Feel relationally isolated from bio-mother and -father (Although lesbian-parented children do feel close to their bio-mom – not surprisingly – they are not as close as children with a bio-mom married to father)
Be unemployed or part-time employed as young adults
As adults, currently be on public assistance or sometime in their childhood
Live in homes with lower income levels
Drink with intention of getting drunk
To smoke tobacco and marijuana
Spend more time watching TV
Have frequency of arrests
Have pled guilty to minor legal offense
Nice try, but the author of that study disagrees with you.

"I take pains in the study to say this is not about saying gay or lesbian parents are inherently bad.
I’d be more careful about the language I used to describe people whose parents had same-sex relationships. I said “lesbian mothers” and “gay fathers,” when in fact, I don’t know about their sexual orientation"... Mark Regnerus

“Stop the liberal madness”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking about a purple zebra.........
Lol ,cute but I would not say Obama was purple.

You know what I am thinking?

The fun I am going to have humiliating you and Rose come Nov. 7 but I am not mean so it will be in good fun and funny.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that I should assume, in fact have faith, that you are a child molester even though there is no evidence for it.
Man has made up many gods over the course of history, billions of them in fact.
I can tell you for certain that you are wrong about that last part, there is no way you can have the same amount of assurance for what you believe, than I do about the existence of gravity.
same for the Big bang
same for Evolution
I have mountains and mountains of evidence, and zero evidence to the contrary.
you have none at all, just a puny belief
However all things considered I will go you one better, lets say you are right, and I am wrong, and the one god out of billions of gods man has made up, actually is god, and sits on a throne in heaven, and basically says..“Worship me or you will be tortured with everlasting torture”
I still would not worship that.
One good poke with that red hot pitchfork and you'll be singing a different tune tough guy!

Funny stuff!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 146,141 - 146,160 of199,083
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance