Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
146,121 - 146,140 of 200,357 Comments Last updated 10 hrs ago

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
You contradict yourself with the last statement, Rose. We have no proof of these unknown fossils yet you acknowledge that they might exist. How do you know that there is not evidence for the existence of a god that we just haven't located yet?
OTOH, I can prove no elephant is in my bathtub. But you, however, cannot. You can't see my bathtub, nor do you know how big or sturdy it is. I cannot prove that someone, somewhere, doesn't have an elephant in their bathtub. Just mine, because I can see it.
Are you trying to use logic in a discussion with Rose...

You silly thing, you will drive yourself insane.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I said:
"It's quite possible there is life on another planet without our having any evidence of it."
Sheesh, you're dumb.
So, it is possible that there is life on another planet without evidence. But it is impossible that there is a "god" because we have no evidence of one?

Do you ever think things through before you spout them off?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me try to make this really simple for you.
If all all powerful, all knowing ever present being who never lies and promises to fulfill any request made in Jesus' name existed we'd have evidence of his existence.
Where was this promised?

BTW Rose, what makes you think the "god" of the bible is the only possibility? You can no more prove that an all knowing, all powerful, ever present being doesn't exist, than it can be proven that one does.
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Life on another planet could be a one celled thing that's almost as dumb as you are, and does nothing but photosynthesize as its moon orbits around a planet that orbits around its sun. It's not all powerful, ever present, and doesn't say it will answer any prayers at all. It would be easy for such a thing to exist, yet we have no evidence of its existence. In fact, it's likely we would have no evidence of its existence. It wouldn't even have a Facebook page so we could like it.
We are all pretty sure you are living on another planet Rose. You seem to function just fine with only one brain cell. The fact that you are as ignorant as you are yet still survive may be all the proof we need that there is in fact a "god".

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut up, shyte for brains.
Oooooo...
Good come back.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I can. The same way I can prove there is no elephant in my bathtub. If there were an elephant in my tub, there would be evidence, I could see it, hear it, touch it...
Like I said Winston, you should just give up on Rose-- Logic fails her.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
So, it is possible that there is life on another planet without evidence. But it is impossible that there is a "god" because we have no evidence of one?
Do you ever think things through before you spout them off?
Let me try again with you, dummy. Maybe this will make it clear.
1. God - unlimited.
2. Life on other planets - limited.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooooo...
Good come back.
About as good as yours:

Rose Law...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me try again with you, dummy. Maybe this will make it clear.
1. God - unlimited.
2. Life on other planets - limited.
You still haven't proven anything Rose. Even Winston is trying to explain it to you, yet you are too dense to comprehend it.

Critical Thinking- you should take a class in it.
monroe48

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You still haven't proven anything Rose. Even Winston is trying to explain it to you, yet you are too dense to comprehend it.
Critical Thinking- you should take a class in it.
Are u the same akpilot who has been posting beastialty stories on the human sexuality forum?
The story about you and the Great Dane was well written.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

monroe48 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are u the same akpilot who has been posting beastialty stories on the human sexuality forum?
The story about you and the Great Dane was well written.
Let us know when you move out of your parents house.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is the whole of the law...I like Mikes Law. Succinct, accurate and no margin for error.
Sort of Rose's statement about your penchant for stating the obvious.
Winston Smith

Ashland, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I can. The same way I can prove there is no elephant in my bathtub. If there were an elephant in my tub, there would be evidence, I could see it, hear it, touch it...
You have offered no proof of God's existence or lack of existence. Can you see, touch or hear the vacuum on the far side of Pluto? Can you see, hear, or touch the subatomic particles that make up a fraction of one of your vertebrae? Can you prove that someone doesn't have an elephant in their tub somewhere else on the planet? If seeing, hearing, or touching something is your litmus test for the existence of something you're not going to be able to prove that man is capable of thought.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
You have offered no proof of God's existence or lack of existence. Can you see, touch or hear the vacuum on the far side of Pluto? Can you see, hear, or touch the subatomic particles that make up a fraction of one of your vertebrae? Can you prove that someone doesn't have an elephant in their tub somewhere else on the planet? If seeing, hearing, or touching something is your litmus test for the existence of something you're not going to be able to prove that man is capable of thought.
Thinking about something is NOT proof of its existence.
Winston Smith

Ashland, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking about something is NOT proof of its existence.
Does thought exist?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>You have offered no proof of God's existence or lack of existence. Can you see, touch or hear the vacuum on the far side of Pluto? Can you see, hear, or touch the subatomic particles that make up a fraction of one of your vertebrae? Can you prove that someone doesn't have an elephant in their tub somewhere else on the planet? If seeing, hearing, or touching something is your litmus test for the existence of something you're not going to be able to prove that man is capable of thought.
We have other evidence to provide us with that kind of knowledge. Scientists have not detected an atmosphere, with telescopes or sensors, both of which produce visual evidence, and therefore they infer that there is a vacuum on Pluto, like the rest of space. We also have electron microscopes to physically see subatomic particles. Your examples don't make much sense.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

AscendedFalmer wrote:
<quoted text>
We have other evidence to provide us with that kind of knowledge. Scientists have not detected an atmosphere, with telescopes or sensors, both of which produce visual evidence, and therefore they infer that there is a vacuum on Pluto, like the rest of space. We also have electron microscopes to physically see subatomic particles. Your examples don't make much sense.
It does make sense, and the point it, claiming something doesn't exists simply because we lack evidence is foolish. If that is true, we should tell scientists to just give up, they are wasting their time trying to discover new things.

To accept this logic one must accept that Dinosaur's didn't exist prior to 1824 when William Buckland discovered and assigned a scientific name to the newly discovered animal species. Prior to that there was no evidence of their existence, thus they did not exist.

Fact is, those whom believe in a "god" and those whom do not, arrive at their respective conclusions the same way- FAITH!

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

AscendedFalmer wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you are ABSOLUTELY WRONG. One of the problems with measuring the diameter of Pluto with accuracy is that it's atmosphere makes it look BIGGER than it really is. How much bigger it appears in a telescope due to it's atmosphere is a subject of ongoing scientific study.

Hopefully, in about 6 - 7 years, the New Horizons spacecraft will reach the Pluto-Charon system (Their barycenter lies between the 2 bodies), and will be able to very accurately measure it's diameter and measure other things in the Pluto-Charon system of scientific interest.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

Pluto has no atmosphere.

Sort of like your head.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

snyper wrote:
Pluto has no atmosphere.
Sort of like your head.
That's funny, NASA says you are wrong.

" For instance, what's happening to Pluto's atmosphere?

Pluto can get so cold, researchers believe, that its atmosphere can actually freeze and fall to the ground. If Earth's atmosphere did that, it would make a layer 30 feet thick, but Pluto has less to work with. When itís on the ground, Pluto's entire blanket of air is no more than a frosty film of nitrogen and methane. "

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-...
Sexy Gay Pennis Man

Healdsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Not a Founding Father wrote:
...by the way,
A bit of congratulations should go out to David Boies and Ted Olsen, the attorneys that prevailed in this round. You may remember them from a little SCOTUS case back in 2000, they were on opposing sides in Bush v. Gore. What a team!
Let me hump your face with my Penni's.
is that ok big daddy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••