Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#166323 Nov 1, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut up, shyte for brains.
Oooooo...
Good come back.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#166324 Nov 1, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I can. The same way I can prove there is no elephant in my bathtub. If there were an elephant in my tub, there would be evidence, I could see it, hear it, touch it...
Like I said Winston, you should just give up on Rose-- Logic fails her.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#166325 Nov 1, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
So, it is possible that there is life on another planet without evidence. But it is impossible that there is a "god" because we have no evidence of one?
Do you ever think things through before you spout them off?
Let me try again with you, dummy. Maybe this will make it clear.
1. God - unlimited.
2. Life on other planets - limited.

Location hidden

#166326 Nov 1, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooooo...
Good come back.
About as good as yours:

Rose Law...

Location hidden

#166327 Nov 1, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me try again with you, dummy. Maybe this will make it clear.
1. God - unlimited.
2. Life on other planets - limited.
You still haven't proven anything Rose. Even Winston is trying to explain it to you, yet you are too dense to comprehend it.

Critical Thinking- you should take a class in it.
monroe48

Los Angeles, CA

#166328 Nov 1, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You still haven't proven anything Rose. Even Winston is trying to explain it to you, yet you are too dense to comprehend it.
Critical Thinking- you should take a class in it.
Are u the same akpilot who has been posting beastialty stories on the human sexuality forum?
The story about you and the Great Dane was well written.

Location hidden

#166329 Nov 1, 2012
monroe48 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are u the same akpilot who has been posting beastialty stories on the human sexuality forum?
The story about you and the Great Dane was well written.
Let us know when you move out of your parents house.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#166330 Nov 1, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is the whole of the law...I like Mikes Law. Succinct, accurate and no margin for error.
Sort of Rose's statement about your penchant for stating the obvious.
Winston Smith

Waldorf, MD

#166331 Nov 1, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I can. The same way I can prove there is no elephant in my bathtub. If there were an elephant in my tub, there would be evidence, I could see it, hear it, touch it...
You have offered no proof of God's existence or lack of existence. Can you see, touch or hear the vacuum on the far side of Pluto? Can you see, hear, or touch the subatomic particles that make up a fraction of one of your vertebrae? Can you prove that someone doesn't have an elephant in their tub somewhere else on the planet? If seeing, hearing, or touching something is your litmus test for the existence of something you're not going to be able to prove that man is capable of thought.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#166332 Nov 1, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
You have offered no proof of God's existence or lack of existence. Can you see, touch or hear the vacuum on the far side of Pluto? Can you see, hear, or touch the subatomic particles that make up a fraction of one of your vertebrae? Can you prove that someone doesn't have an elephant in their tub somewhere else on the planet? If seeing, hearing, or touching something is your litmus test for the existence of something you're not going to be able to prove that man is capable of thought.
Thinking about something is NOT proof of its existence.
Winston Smith

Waldorf, MD

#166333 Nov 1, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking about something is NOT proof of its existence.
Does thought exist?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#166334 Nov 1, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>You have offered no proof of God's existence or lack of existence. Can you see, touch or hear the vacuum on the far side of Pluto? Can you see, hear, or touch the subatomic particles that make up a fraction of one of your vertebrae? Can you prove that someone doesn't have an elephant in their tub somewhere else on the planet? If seeing, hearing, or touching something is your litmus test for the existence of something you're not going to be able to prove that man is capable of thought.
We have other evidence to provide us with that kind of knowledge. Scientists have not detected an atmosphere, with telescopes or sensors, both of which produce visual evidence, and therefore they infer that there is a vacuum on Pluto, like the rest of space. We also have electron microscopes to physically see subatomic particles. Your examples don't make much sense.

Location hidden

#166335 Nov 1, 2012
AscendedFalmer wrote:
<quoted text>
We have other evidence to provide us with that kind of knowledge. Scientists have not detected an atmosphere, with telescopes or sensors, both of which produce visual evidence, and therefore they infer that there is a vacuum on Pluto, like the rest of space. We also have electron microscopes to physically see subatomic particles. Your examples don't make much sense.
It does make sense, and the point it, claiming something doesn't exists simply because we lack evidence is foolish. If that is true, we should tell scientists to just give up, they are wasting their time trying to discover new things.

To accept this logic one must accept that Dinosaur's didn't exist prior to 1824 when William Buckland discovered and assigned a scientific name to the newly discovered animal species. Prior to that there was no evidence of their existence, thus they did not exist.

Fact is, those whom believe in a "god" and those whom do not, arrive at their respective conclusions the same way- FAITH!

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#166336 Nov 1, 2012
AscendedFalmer wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you are ABSOLUTELY WRONG. One of the problems with measuring the diameter of Pluto with accuracy is that it's atmosphere makes it look BIGGER than it really is. How much bigger it appears in a telescope due to it's atmosphere is a subject of ongoing scientific study.

Hopefully, in about 6 - 7 years, the New Horizons spacecraft will reach the Pluto-Charon system (Their barycenter lies between the 2 bodies), and will be able to very accurately measure it's diameter and measure other things in the Pluto-Charon system of scientific interest.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#166337 Nov 1, 2012
Pluto has no atmosphere.

Sort of like your head.

Location hidden

#166338 Nov 2, 2012
snyper wrote:
Pluto has no atmosphere.
Sort of like your head.
That's funny, NASA says you are wrong.

" For instance, what's happening to Pluto's atmosphere?

Pluto can get so cold, researchers believe, that its atmosphere can actually freeze and fall to the ground. If Earth's atmosphere did that, it would make a layer 30 feet thick, but Pluto has less to work with. When it’s on the ground, Pluto's entire blanket of air is no more than a frosty film of nitrogen and methane. "

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-...
Sexy Gay Pennis Man

Healdsburg, CA

#166339 Nov 2, 2012
Not a Founding Father wrote:
...by the way,
A bit of congratulations should go out to David Boies and Ted Olsen, the attorneys that prevailed in this round. You may remember them from a little SCOTUS case back in 2000, they were on opposing sides in Bush v. Gore. What a team!
Let me hump your face with my Penni's.
is that ok big daddy.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#166340 Nov 2, 2012
The New Family Structure Study (NFSS) suggests notable differences on many outcomes do, in fact, exist [between same-sex, intact-married, and biological homes]. This is inconsistent with claims of ‘no differences’ generated by studies that have commonly employed far narrower samples than this one.”

Compared with off-spring from married, intact mother/father homes, children raised in same-sex homes are markedly more likely to…

Experience poor educational attainment
Report overall lower levels of happiness, mental and physical health.
Have impulsive behavior
Be in counseling or mental health therapy (2xs)
Suffer from depression (by large margins)
Have recently thought of suicide (significantly)
Identify as bisexual, lesbian or gay
Have male on male or female on female sex partners (dramatically higher)
Currently be in a same-sex romantic relationship (2x to 3x more likely)
Be asexual (females with lesbian parents)
As adults, be unmarried; much more likely to cohabit
As adults, more likely to be unfaithful in married or cohabiting relationships
Have a sexually tramsmitted infection (STI)
Be sexually molested (both inappropriate touching and forced sexual act)
Feel relationally isolated from bio-mother and -father (Although lesbian-parented children do feel close to their bio-mom – not surprisingly – they are not as close as children with a bio-mom married to father)
Be unemployed or part-time employed as young adults
As adults, currently be on public assistance or sometime in their childhood
Live in homes with lower income levels
Drink with intention of getting drunk
To smoke tobacco and marijuana
Spend more time watching TV
Have frequency of arrests
Have pled guilty to minor legal offense

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#166342 Nov 2, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny, NASA says you are wrong.
" For instance, what's happening to Pluto's atmosphere?
Pluto can get so cold, researchers believe, that its atmosphere can actually freeze and fall to the ground. If Earth's atmosphere did that, it would make a layer 30 feet thick, but Pluto has less to work with. When it’s on the ground, Pluto's entire blanket of air is no more than a frosty film of nitrogen and methane. "
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-...
Pluto has too little gravity. But, ok.

Trivia question: How many moons does Earth have?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#166343 Nov 2, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooooo...
Good come back.
Likewise toots!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 57 min Frijoles 71,305
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 23 Kristen Scannell ... 2
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey