Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
146,041 - 146,060 of 200,327 Comments Last updated 39 min ago

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
In the interest of expediency, instead of having him list EVERY one, why don't you list JUST ONE that DID advocate SSM ? It'll take less time
Because, stupid, Brian G made the claim that "no moral thinker in history ever advocated same-sex marriage.". It's up to him to back his up his claim. Duh.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't even worth responding to.
1 You refuse to answer direct questions with anything other than deceit and spin.
Total BS.
R Hudson wrote:
2 You pick and choose only when you feel that you can win, citing false reports and bogus surveys that have no basis in reality.
Really? Post a link to a false report and bogus survey I sited. Or STFU after apologizing to me.
R Hudson wrote:
3 You apply a double standard to the posters this room.
Example?
R Hudson wrote:
4 You are on welfare, thus presenting yourself as the lowest form of dirt in here.
LOL! A total lie. I get you are a racist, and assume I'm on welfare because I'm black. But I have an advanced degree and I'm fully employed.
R Hudson wrote:
5 You say "FK everything we hold sacred".
Yep. Just because you hold it sacred doesn't mean I do.
R Hudson wrote:
6 You lack original thoughts, plagiarizing the works of others, in an inane attempt to sound educated.
Provide an example...
Looks like you are going to have to be doing a whole lot of apologizing to me.
R Hudson wrote:
7 You are elevated and exalted by having us even notice that you have tried to participate in the discussion.
You are a worthless, broken, drug addicted, welfare receiving, cranky old reprobate and a malodorous presence in here,
No, I'm not your wife.
R Hudson wrote:
and I, for one would rather ignore you, than bother responding to your strung-out rantings and ravings. I would enjoy it immensely if someone in here announced that you had died a horrible death, in flames and pain. If it came to pass that I saw you on fire, I wouldn't piss on you.
Typical fundie.

I don't want you to die. That would end your suffering.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Shutup, shytehead.
Oh, good argument.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Fundamentally, I believe that balance must be maintained, and that a SSM lacks the balance necessary in all things.
That's romantic babble. This is a legal issue.
The Constitution grants all US citizens equal rights.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Ronald. Thank you! That means a lot to me. I love your work.(Except the racism). Tough shit that you don't like mine! Deal with it.
Michael.
Mike DiRucci.

Point of information, please. Are you addressing Ronald Los Angeles or Ronald Long Beach?

Ronald

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, really.
It says "Marriage and procreation are fundamental to the very existence and survival of the race", not "Marriage and procreation are rights". And they are wrong about marriage being fundamental to the very survival of the race.
That's funny, the SCOTUS is the Loving v Virginia decision didn't have the trouble connecting the dots you are having.

Or don't you like Loving V Virginia anymore?

"Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival. Skinner v. Oklahoma, 316 U.S. 535, 541 (1942)."- Loving V Virginia

Really?
" We are dealing here with legislation which involves one of the basic civil rights of man. Marriage and procreation are fundamental to the very existence and survival of the race."- Skinner V Oklahoma

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Tzunammi wrote:
<quoted text>
Dance puppet.
She already is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove there is no elephant in your bathtub?
<quoted text>
No, if god exists, there is evidence of his existence.
It's quite possible, in fact likely, that there are fossils that exist we haven't found.
You're an idiot Rose.

There is no proof of life on another planet in the Universe. Doesn't mean it isn't there.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Laquesha Jefferson PhD wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Studly, have you and Mike DiDouchie hooked up in person or are you still in the masturbation phase of your bromance?
It would be quite a story:"A chance meeting of two homophobes on a thread about same sex marriage ends up being a life change even for both fells"
... If you boys end up getting "gay married" you might get a cable movie deal on "Lifetime" if your really lucky, "Ovation".
http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2012-10-28_1362...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Total BS.
<quoted text>
Really? Post a link to a false report and bogus survey I sited. Or STFU after apologizing to me.
<quoted text>
Example?
<quoted text>
LOL! A total lie. I get you are a racist, and assume I'm on welfare because I'm black. But I have an advanced degree and I'm fully employed.
<quoted text>
Yep. Just because you hold it sacred doesn't mean I do.
<quoted text>
Provide an example...
Looks like you are going to have to be doing a whole lot of apologizing to me.
<quoted text>
No, I'm not your wife.
<quoted text>
Typical fundie.
I don't want you to die. That would end your suffering.
Seriously Rose, this response to Hudson proved everything he said about you. You wouldn't have been better off keeping your mouth shut. But then again you aren't intelligent enough to realize that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, good argument.
About as good as yours.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike DiRucci.
Point of information, please. Are you addressing Ronald Los Angeles or Ronald Long Beach?
Ronald
Ronald of Long Beach.

I thought I was addressing you. I was fooled by the dastardly troll from L.A. much to my embarrassment.

Love the humor in your work. It is a rare thing here and find it a treat!

Michael

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny, the SCOTUS is the Loving v Virginia decision didn't have the trouble connecting the dots you are having.
Or don't you like Loving V Virginia anymore?
"Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival. Skinner v. Oklahoma, 316 U.S. 535, 541 (1942)."- Loving V Virginia
But that is nowhere to be found in Skinner v OK
http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/histori...
akpilot wrote:
Really?
" We are dealing here with legislation which involves one of the basic civil rights of man. Marriage and procreation are fundamental to the very existence and survival of the race."- Skinner V Oklahoma
Again, Skinner v OK was not a case about marriage. The use of the word was incidental. It was a case from the 40's...
The case was about using forced sterilization as a means of punishment. Marriage laws were not changed at all.

Anyway, WTF is your point? You don't have to be able to procreate in order to marry.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously Rose, this response to Hudson proved everything he said about you. You wouldn't have been better off keeping your mouth shut. But then again you aren't intelligent enough to realize that.
LOL. You didn't even read my response, you just replied!
For one, Rock claimed I site false reports and bogus surveys. Tell us how my response proved I site false reports and bogus surveys.
Speaking of keeping your mouth shut, looks like you are going to have to!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Again, Skinner v OK was not a case about marriage. The use of the word was incidental. It was a case from the 40's...
The case was about using forced sterilization as a means of punishment. Marriage laws were not changed at all.
Anyway, WTF is your point? You don't have to be able to procreate in order to marry.
Skinner schminner. Why are you a racist?

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot Rose.
There is no proof of life on another planet in the Universe. Doesn't mean it isn't there.
You are the idiot.
IF god existed, there would be evidence of his existence.
He's supposed to be all knowing, all powerful and involved in our lives.
It's quite possible there is life on another planet without our having any evidence of it.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald of Long Beach.
I thought I was addressing you. I was fooled by the dastardly troll from L.A. much to my embarrassment.
Love the humor in your work. It is a rare thing here and find it a treat!
Michael
Mike DiRucci.

Thanks for your good sentiments.

Ronald.(Long Beach)

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text> Proposition 8 is almost identical to Minnesota's law defining marriage as one man and one woman.
Judge Walker ignored the precedent of Baker v Nelson and excluded evidence showing the universal nature of male/female marriage.
No, it's not because there are 18,000 legally married Same-Sex Couples and those marriages remained valid, legal and recognized even after the passage of Prop 8.

Again, Baker vs Nelson was about getting a marriage license.......Perry vs Hollinsworth(Prop 8) is about a right that Same-Sex Couples had and was ELIMINATED by a vote........and the evidence you claimed was excluded, was more like NOT presented and totally irrelevant because it was about having something and then having it removed or taken away!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You are a f-ing idiot. There is a reason the SCOTUS referenced Skinner V Oklahoma.

I am sorry that you failed to learn critical thinking.

Yet another example as to why you are collecting that welfare check.

SQUAWK-- RACIST-- Beat ya to it, now how about you formulate an intelligent response.

Tell us how the SCOTUS was incorrect in Loving V Virginia when it referenced Oklahoma V Skinner as the source of marriage as a "right". Show us how much smarter than you are than a sitting Justice.

BTW, have you looked up stare decisis yet?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. You didn't even read my response, you just replied!
For one, Rock claimed I site false reports and bogus surveys. Tell us how my response proved I site false reports and bogus surveys.
Speaking of keeping your mouth shut, looks like you are going to have to!
Like I said Rose, you prove his point.. You are simply too stupid to know when to shut up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••