Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
146,021 - 146,040 of 200,336 Comments Last updated 12 hrs ago
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps it is my higher moral standards...I don't "just anyone" should be able to enter "the club".
I do understand, but I suspect that is again just your beliefs, I am not willing to allow you to define my life and adhere to me laws based on your personal beliefs. This is America, the land of the free.

How about the billions of Hindu marriages that believe in a multitude of Gods? Do you count them in your club? They have almost none of your beliefs.

I am glad we can speak as adults here, and I am not trying to run you down. But this claim that it hurts others marriages seems out of line to me.

My marriage was not hurt, none of my childrenís marriages were hurt, it didnít lessen the joy of my most recent daughters marriage that happened after tens of thousands of legal gay marriages had taken place, if yours was, I would like to know how. This isnít an idle point, this is what won the case to overturn this unconstitutional proposition
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps it is my higher moral standards...I don't "just anyone" should be able to enter "the club".
And I am sorry to mention this, but your moral standards are not "higher" than mine.
Rawlins W

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "club" is the Shell Station mensroom with the hole bored into the wall. No thanks. You're pretty disgusting, even for a homosexual.
OffSet

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

West Covina, California City Council man Mike Touhey and commissioner George Ogden.

After allegations of money laundrying and kcik backs or pay to play offers have come across your doorsteps.

We'll arrange and pay for the polygraph tests, at a certified polygraph tester of your choice. Or use the polygraph tester right up the street where all our employees have been taking a pre-employment polygraph tests.

We have the paperwork all ready.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Marriage has always been about sexual gratification and financial gain. You might try to cover up the facts with your romantic notions, but that doesn't change a thing.
You've obviously never been married!
OffSet

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

There is NoMoo time for two-faced republican tea baggers.

Willard Mitt Romney an Paul D. Ryan.
Rice

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You've obviously never been married!
Have you?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir, I am no Christian, my religion allows for all others, but as Chongo had to start running her coqqgobbler, I will not be including my wife or marriage in this post anymore. I did enjoy the brief exchange on the subject, however. I wasn't under the impression that you were running me down, also. And congrats on the marriage of your daughters, hope they weren't too expensive and I am sure that they were every penny.
:-D
Rose_NoHo "running her coqqgobbler"!

Funny Stuff!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

They were expensive ( 2 daughters 2 months apart ) but my wallet is finally recovering ( needed CPR there for a while )

I am not running you down, in fact I find the whole Jr High school level exchange here tiresome.

But they are happy and I approve of their husbands ( not that it was a consideration they were worried about ) but I do anyway.

Thanks
Mike DiRucci

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Fabulous Frank wrote:
I just had a queer trick-or-treater ring my doorbell (he was wearing a DickOnHisHead) I slammed the door in his face.
Hey turd. That was me.
Waved over

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

GLENDORA - The City Council will consider approving the appointment of a new finance director today.

Josh Betta, who has been the finance director for South Pasadena for the last seven years, has been selected for the position. He spent 12 years working in Monterey Park when Glendora City Manager Chris Jeffers was the top executive there.

Betta said that the chance to work with Jeffers again motivated his decision to leave South Pasadena.

"My respect for Chris Jeffers, and my enthusiasm for working with him again are major factors in wanting to take the job," he said.

Betta's tenure at South Pasadena drew the ire of city staff during a brief period in spring 2006. They claimed Betta created a "hostile work environment."

The complaint alleged that Betta had made staff uncomfortable during a heated argument he had with another staff member.

South Pasadena Mayor Michael Caccioti said a city investigation revealed no problems.

"Nothing serious ever happened," said Caccioti. "Betta has been an excellent finance director."

The complaint was aired by a union representative at a meeting where Betta had a $10,000 raise approved by the city. The timing, said Betta, was not coincidental.

"The raise came at a time when the unions hadn't seen a pay increase for three years," said Betta. "It made me a target."

Betta described the incident as him "yelling at an employee behind closed doors."

He dismissed the idea that he had created a hostile work environment.

Yolanda Vasquez, a South Pasadena city employee and union leader, seemed to mostly remember the union's displeasure about his raise.

"Our main conflict with the city was that the kept saying they didn't have any funds," Vasquez said, "then they gave this huge raise to Betta."

She did recall that several staff members had complained about an "outburst" from Betta.

However, Jim Luttrell, a retired city union representative, said the complaints were minimized.

"Betta's a tyrant," said Luttrell. "Half the city employees were terrified of him ... I'd see people come out of his office crying."

Luttrell said he had pushed local union members to make a complaint to state agencies.

Jeffers said he had heard about the complaints, but based on a background check and recommendations from supervisors and co-workers in South Pasadena, he thought Betta was the best candidate for the job.

Glendora Mayor Ken Herman said he had not heard about the incident, but that any potential problems with Betta would be discussed at today's meeting.

"The negatives will be discussed fully," said Herman. "I don't want to buy anyone else's problems."

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
They were expensive ( 2 daughters 2 months apart ) but my wallet is finally recovering ( needed CPR there for a while )
I am not running you down, in fact I find the whole Jr High school level exchange here tiresome.
But they are happy and I approve of their husbands ( not that it was a consideration they were worried about ) but I do anyway.
Thanks
You are hitting it off well with Mr. Hudson that is very touching and it makes sense, you both have similar views, you would deny equal rights to certain groups. Mr. Hudson to homosexuals and you to some but not all Christians if I understand you correctly.

Myself, I believe marriage is a good thing for society and for the persons in the marriage. And I don't see why any marriage harms anyone else. Therefore I support all marriages. Including of course same sex and poly.

I respect yours and Mr. Hudson's opinions as equal to mine.

Now lets get back to the Jr. High School sh!t!

You're are big silly dopes tonight! Get a room!

Fun!
Ronald

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You are hitting it off well with Mr. Hudson that is very touching and it makes sense, you both have similar views, you would deny equal rights to certain groups. Mr. Hudson to homosexuals and you to some but not all Christians if I understand you correctly.
Myself, I believe marriage is a good thing for society and for the persons in the marriage. And I don't see why any marriage harms anyone else. Therefore I support all marriages. Including of course same sex and poly.
I respect yours and Mr. Hudson's opinions as equal to mine.
Now lets get back to the Jr. High School sh!t!
You're are big silly dopes tonight! Get a room!
Fun!
Mike DiRucci.
You are an immature idiot. Grow up.
Ronald

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike DiRucci.
You are an immature idiot. Grow up.
Ronald
Mr. Ronald. Thank you! That means a lot to me. I love your work.(Except the racism). Tough shit that you don't like mine! Deal with it.

Michael.

“visit HudsonDildoEmpor ium.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
You aren't even worth responding to.
Yet here YOU are!

Other than coming the terms with your tendencies and recognizing the REAL reason that you spend 10 hours a day posting on this thread there isn't much you can do about your latent homosexuality. However there are several effective treatments for OCD. The proper therapy and medications even people as severly affected as you can overcome the urge to post over 50 responses to someone he believe isn't "worth responding too"...Now, if only you could summons some self control and tear yourself away from TOPIX Gay/Lesbian forums...
Which door

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Haven't a clue, but what ever it is.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Laquesha Jefferson PhD wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet here YOU are!
Other than coming the terms with your tendencies and recognizing the REAL reason that you spend 10 hours a day posting on this thread there isn't much you can do about your latent homosexuality. However there are several effective treatments for OCD. The proper therapy and medications even people as severly affected as you can overcome the urge to post over 50 responses to someone he believe isn't "worth responding too"...Now, if only you could summons some self control and tear yourself away from TOPIX Gay/Lesbian forums...
http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2012-10-28_1362...

“visit HudsonDildoEmpor ium.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
I should have expected that, anyway, right ?
Hey Studly, have you and Mike DiDouchie hooked up in person or are you still in the masturbation phase of your bromance?

It would be quite a story:"A chance meeting of two homophobes on a thread about same sex marriage ends up being a life change even for both fells"

... If you boys end up getting "gay married" you might get a cable movie deal on "Lifetime" if your really lucky, "Ovation".

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Fabulous Frank wrote:
I just had a queer trick-or-treater ring my doorbell (he was wearing a DickOnHisHead) I slammed the door in his face.
You homophobes can't seem go two posts without mentioning dicks...
Normal tricks

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

This is normal dirty tricks politics for West Covina, California.

Assuming the Republican magots from West Covina are behind all the phony pumped up charges against Roger H.

A lightning rod since he was a member of the West Covina City Council, Hernandez this past weekend after a woman filed a restraining order against him.

This woman could have been a plant all along to bring down Roger H..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••