Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,966

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#166169 Oct 31, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir, I am no Christian, my religion allows for all others, but as Chongo had to start running her coqqgobbler, I will not be including my wife or marriage in this post anymore. I did enjoy the brief exchange on the subject, however. I wasn't under the impression that you were running me down, also. And congrats on the marriage of your daughters, hope they weren't too expensive and I am sure that they were every penny.
:-D
Rose_NoHo "running her coqqgobbler"!

Funny Stuff!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#166171 Oct 31, 2012
They were expensive ( 2 daughters 2 months apart ) but my wallet is finally recovering ( needed CPR there for a while )

I am not running you down, in fact I find the whole Jr High school level exchange here tiresome.

But they are happy and I approve of their husbands ( not that it was a consideration they were worried about ) but I do anyway.

Thanks
Mike DiRucci

Los Angeles, CA

#166173 Oct 31, 2012
Fabulous Frank wrote:
I just had a queer trick-or-treater ring my doorbell (he was wearing a DickOnHisHead) I slammed the door in his face.
Hey turd. That was me.
Waved over

Covina, CA

#166175 Oct 31, 2012
GLENDORA - The City Council will consider approving the appointment of a new finance director today.

Josh Betta, who has been the finance director for South Pasadena for the last seven years, has been selected for the position. He spent 12 years working in Monterey Park when Glendora City Manager Chris Jeffers was the top executive there.

Betta said that the chance to work with Jeffers again motivated his decision to leave South Pasadena.

"My respect for Chris Jeffers, and my enthusiasm for working with him again are major factors in wanting to take the job," he said.

Betta's tenure at South Pasadena drew the ire of city staff during a brief period in spring 2006. They claimed Betta created a "hostile work environment."

The complaint alleged that Betta had made staff uncomfortable during a heated argument he had with another staff member.

South Pasadena Mayor Michael Caccioti said a city investigation revealed no problems.

"Nothing serious ever happened," said Caccioti. "Betta has been an excellent finance director."

The complaint was aired by a union representative at a meeting where Betta had a $10,000 raise approved by the city. The timing, said Betta, was not coincidental.

"The raise came at a time when the unions hadn't seen a pay increase for three years," said Betta. "It made me a target."

Betta described the incident as him "yelling at an employee behind closed doors."

He dismissed the idea that he had created a hostile work environment.

Yolanda Vasquez, a South Pasadena city employee and union leader, seemed to mostly remember the union's displeasure about his raise.

"Our main conflict with the city was that the kept saying they didn't have any funds," Vasquez said, "then they gave this huge raise to Betta."

She did recall that several staff members had complained about an "outburst" from Betta.

However, Jim Luttrell, a retired city union representative, said the complaints were minimized.

"Betta's a tyrant," said Luttrell. "Half the city employees were terrified of him ... I'd see people come out of his office crying."

Luttrell said he had pushed local union members to make a complaint to state agencies.

Jeffers said he had heard about the complaints, but based on a background check and recommendations from supervisors and co-workers in South Pasadena, he thought Betta was the best candidate for the job.

Glendora Mayor Ken Herman said he had not heard about the incident, but that any potential problems with Betta would be discussed at today's meeting.

"The negatives will be discussed fully," said Herman. "I don't want to buy anyone else's problems."

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#166179 Oct 31, 2012
Big D wrote:
They were expensive ( 2 daughters 2 months apart ) but my wallet is finally recovering ( needed CPR there for a while )
I am not running you down, in fact I find the whole Jr High school level exchange here tiresome.
But they are happy and I approve of their husbands ( not that it was a consideration they were worried about ) but I do anyway.
Thanks
You are hitting it off well with Mr. Hudson that is very touching and it makes sense, you both have similar views, you would deny equal rights to certain groups. Mr. Hudson to homosexuals and you to some but not all Christians if I understand you correctly.

Myself, I believe marriage is a good thing for society and for the persons in the marriage. And I don't see why any marriage harms anyone else. Therefore I support all marriages. Including of course same sex and poly.

I respect yours and Mr. Hudson's opinions as equal to mine.

Now lets get back to the Jr. High School sh!t!

You're are big silly dopes tonight! Get a room!

Fun!
Ronald

Los Angeles, CA

#166180 Oct 31, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You are hitting it off well with Mr. Hudson that is very touching and it makes sense, you both have similar views, you would deny equal rights to certain groups. Mr. Hudson to homosexuals and you to some but not all Christians if I understand you correctly.
Myself, I believe marriage is a good thing for society and for the persons in the marriage. And I don't see why any marriage harms anyone else. Therefore I support all marriages. Including of course same sex and poly.
I respect yours and Mr. Hudson's opinions as equal to mine.
Now lets get back to the Jr. High School sh!t!
You're are big silly dopes tonight! Get a room!
Fun!
Mike DiRucci.
You are an immature idiot. Grow up.
Ronald

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#166182 Oct 31, 2012
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike DiRucci.
You are an immature idiot. Grow up.
Ronald
Mr. Ronald. Thank you! That means a lot to me. I love your work.(Except the racism). Tough shit that you don't like mine! Deal with it.

Michael.

“visit HudsonDildoEmpor ium.com”

Location hidden

#166183 Oct 31, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
You aren't even worth responding to.
Yet here YOU are!

Other than coming the terms with your tendencies and recognizing the REAL reason that you spend 10 hours a day posting on this thread there isn't much you can do about your latent homosexuality. However there are several effective treatments for OCD. The proper therapy and medications even people as severly affected as you can overcome the urge to post over 50 responses to someone he believe isn't "worth responding too"...Now, if only you could summons some self control and tear yourself away from TOPIX Gay/Lesbian forums...
Which door

Covina, CA

#166184 Oct 31, 2012
Haven't a clue, but what ever it is.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#166185 Oct 31, 2012
Laquesha Jefferson PhD wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet here YOU are!
Other than coming the terms with your tendencies and recognizing the REAL reason that you spend 10 hours a day posting on this thread there isn't much you can do about your latent homosexuality. However there are several effective treatments for OCD. The proper therapy and medications even people as severly affected as you can overcome the urge to post over 50 responses to someone he believe isn't "worth responding too"...Now, if only you could summons some self control and tear yourself away from TOPIX Gay/Lesbian forums...
http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2012-10-28_1362...

“visit HudsonDildoEmpor ium.com”

Location hidden

#166186 Oct 31, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
I should have expected that, anyway, right ?
Hey Studly, have you and Mike DiDouchie hooked up in person or are you still in the masturbation phase of your bromance?

It would be quite a story:"A chance meeting of two homophobes on a thread about same sex marriage ends up being a life change even for both fells"

... If you boys end up getting "gay married" you might get a cable movie deal on "Lifetime" if your really lucky, "Ovation".

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#166187 Oct 31, 2012
Fabulous Frank wrote:
I just had a queer trick-or-treater ring my doorbell (he was wearing a DickOnHisHead) I slammed the door in his face.
You homophobes can't seem go two posts without mentioning dicks...
Normal tricks

Covina, CA

#166188 Oct 31, 2012
This is normal dirty tricks politics for West Covina, California.

Assuming the Republican magots from West Covina are behind all the phony pumped up charges against Roger H.

A lightning rod since he was a member of the West Covina City Council, Hernandez this past weekend after a woman filed a restraining order against him.

This woman could have been a plant all along to bring down Roger H..

North Hollywood, CA

#166189 Oct 31, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
In the interest of expediency, instead of having him list EVERY one, why don't you list JUST ONE that DID advocate SSM ? It'll take less time
Because, stupid, Brian G made the claim that "no moral thinker in history ever advocated same-sex marriage.". It's up to him to back his up his claim. Duh.

North Hollywood, CA

#166190 Oct 31, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't even worth responding to.
1 You refuse to answer direct questions with anything other than deceit and spin.
Total BS.
R Hudson wrote:
2 You pick and choose only when you feel that you can win, citing false reports and bogus surveys that have no basis in reality.
Really? Post a link to a false report and bogus survey I sited. Or STFU after apologizing to me.
R Hudson wrote:
3 You apply a double standard to the posters this room.
Example?
R Hudson wrote:
4 You are on welfare, thus presenting yourself as the lowest form of dirt in here.
LOL! A total lie. I get you are a racist, and assume I'm on welfare because I'm black. But I have an advanced degree and I'm fully employed.
R Hudson wrote:
5 You say "FK everything we hold sacred".
Yep. Just because you hold it sacred doesn't mean I do.
R Hudson wrote:
6 You lack original thoughts, plagiarizing the works of others, in an inane attempt to sound educated.
Provide an example...
Looks like you are going to have to be doing a whole lot of apologizing to me.
R Hudson wrote:
7 You are elevated and exalted by having us even notice that you have tried to participate in the discussion.
You are a worthless, broken, drug addicted, welfare receiving, cranky old reprobate and a malodorous presence in here,
No, I'm not your wife.
R Hudson wrote:
and I, for one would rather ignore you, than bother responding to your strung-out rantings and ravings. I would enjoy it immensely if someone in here announced that you had died a horrible death, in flames and pain. If it came to pass that I saw you on fire, I wouldn't piss on you.
Typical fundie.

I don't want you to die. That would end your suffering.

North Hollywood, CA

#166191 Oct 31, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Shutup, shytehead.
Oh, good argument.

North Hollywood, CA

#166192 Oct 31, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Fundamentally, I believe that balance must be maintained, and that a SSM lacks the balance necessary in all things.
That's romantic babble. This is a legal issue.
The Constitution grants all US citizens equal rights.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#166193 Oct 31, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Ronald. Thank you! That means a lot to me. I love your work.(Except the racism). Tough shit that you don't like mine! Deal with it.
Michael.
Mike DiRucci.

Point of information, please. Are you addressing Ronald Los Angeles or Ronald Long Beach?

Ronald

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#166195 Oct 31, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, really.
It says "Marriage and procreation are fundamental to the very existence and survival of the race", not "Marriage and procreation are rights". And they are wrong about marriage being fundamental to the very survival of the race.
That's funny, the SCOTUS is the Loving v Virginia decision didn't have the trouble connecting the dots you are having.

Or don't you like Loving V Virginia anymore?

"Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival. Skinner v. Oklahoma, 316 U.S. 535, 541 (1942)."- Loving V Virginia

Really?
" We are dealing here with legislation which involves one of the basic civil rights of man. Marriage and procreation are fundamental to the very existence and survival of the race."- Skinner V Oklahoma

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#166196 Oct 31, 2012
Tzunammi wrote:
<quoted text>
Dance puppet.
She already is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Eric 69,380
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr Hollister33 5,074
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 8 hr Go Blue Forever 2,268
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 8 hr Mel 15,998
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Wed Blazing saddles 7,954
The inconvenient 17-year pause in global warming (Sep '13) Sep 12 Earthling-1 123
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 11 gotti jr 9
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey