Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,300)

Showing posts 145,981 - 146,000 of200,205
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Tata

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Lets get back to basics. No SSM in this country.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you don't understand. Everyone else knows you don't understand.
I'm tired of trying to explain it to you fruitloop, so I guess we're done.
You wish to deny equal rights to people you don't like anyway. You're a bigot no use discussing equal rights with you.
Happy hating jackass!
Wrong again, and you would do better to not pretend you speak for anyone but yourself, it makes you look foolish, you are the only person that didnít understand, and the only person that continuously complained that you didnít understand. You speak for yourself... no one else.

I donít hate anyone, I despise some of the things they do, and it is usually a lack of perspective. Sometimes I flip the perspective for them to show them the other side of what they are doing.

I donít expect you to comprehend... so donít bother explaining that you donít.
DorN

Ridgecrest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully Queers won't exist in the foreseeable future.
Next
--------
----------If you Want to keep homosexuals from being born, let them marry homosexuals not heterosexuals. Homosexuals all have at least one heterosexual parent.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
No he didn't.....and Baker vs Nelson DOESN'T APPLY TO THE PROP 8 CASE. They are NOT similarity situated!!!
Baker vs Nelson has to do with a marriage license not being issued, the Perry vs Hollinsworth case has to do with marriage being a right for Same-Sex Couples and Prop 8 removing that right......NOT THE SAME...therefore Judge Walker was not BOUND by the Baker vs Nelson case and preceded with the trial!!!
Proposition 8 is almost identical to Minnesota's law defining marriage as one man and one woman.

Judge Walker ignored the precedent of Baker v Nelson and excluded evidence showing the universal nature of male/female marriage.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text> Proposition 8 is almost identical to Minnesota's law defining marriage as one man and one woman.
Judge Walker ignored the precedent of Baker v Nelson and excluded evidence showing the universal nature of male/female marriage.
He couldnít, there is no such universal nature, marriage is specific to humans, and homosexuality appears in nature all the time across many species.

Any such argument would have been proven quickly to be wrong, the lawyers knew better than to go down that failure of a road.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again, and you would do better to not pretend you speak for anyone but yourself, it makes you look foolish, you are the only person that didnít understand, and the only person that continuously complained that you didnít understand. You speak for yourself... no one else.
I donít hate anyone, I despise some of the things they do, and it is usually a lack of perspective. Sometimes I flip the perspective for them to show them the other side of what they are doing.
I donít expect you to comprehend... so donít bother explaining that you donít.
You mad Fruitloop?

Too Funny!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
He couldnít, there is no such universal nature, marriage is specific to humans, and homosexuality appears in nature all the time across many species.
Any such argument would have been proven quickly to be wrong, the lawyers knew better than to go down that failure of a road.
I don't get it. Please explain it. "universal nature"?
Huckster

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Those huckster hands are kind of ruff?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You mad Fruitloop?
Too Funny!
Not at all kiddo... just not here to educate you, I honestly donít care if you understand what people are saying or not, in fact it is tad more entertaining that you donít.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get it. Please explain it. "universal nature"?
You can get that explanation from the person that I was responding to.

If you want to put into kiddy language other peoples posts for you, I will require a large salary from you.
Javier

Mendoza, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Madre Soltera Gana Trabajando Desde Su Casa En Sus Horas Libres $7,438 Důlares al Mes

Natalia Ńlvarez de Argentina,, nunca lo hizo; hasta que la curiosidad se apoderů de ella, llenů una sencilla encuesta en lŪnea y antes de darse cuenta, descubriů el secreto para vencer la crisis y ser capaz de mantener a su familia mientras cuida sus tres hijos.

http://trabajos-en-argentina.webs.com/

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, you cannot prove a negative.
Can you prove there is no elephant in your bathtub?
Winston Smith wrote:
Did the fossil record exist before the first fossils were found?b
The existence of God or gods is based upon opinion. Likewise the lack of existence is based upon opiinon.
No, if god exists, there is evidence of his existence.
It's quite possible, in fact likely, that there are fossils that exist we haven't found.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
..There IS evidence...Look around...You think all this just happened ?
<sarcasm>There can't be a natural explanation for it.</sarcasm>

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You just called him a racial slur.
"Boob" is a racial slur?
DoorMat

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Whats that door mat doing there anyway?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Finally of course we need to acknowledge that our sources are not there for our benefit, to tell us what was going on, like radio commentators at a social gathering, but that we are eavesdropping on a debate about what Greek homosexuality was and what it should be. This debate seems to have become particularly intense in the 4th century, and the vast majority of our information about it comes from three men, writing in the decades around 350 BC, and almost certainly acquaintances: Plato, Xenophon and Aeschines. It seems clear that what provoked so much debate at this time was the development of a flourishing market for handsome boys, slaves, male prostitutes and the cithara-boys, who sang to the lyre and danced at parties. It was this challenge that our authors were responding to, wondering what the difference was in the end between the love-smitten guests at a dignified symposium and the cithara-boy hired to entertain them, between a politician who had had many admirers and a common whore. Athenian homosexuality, with all its highly patterned practices, was suddenly threatened with a highly visible doppelganger, which replaced the discourse of "admirers", "beloveds" and "gracious favouring" with a world of clients, contracts, prices and tricks. Greek Love was confronted for the first time with a rather too vivid image of sheer homosexual lust.

The sex-market had one other consequence. It made it clearer that some men were rather more devoted to handsome boys than others, going well beyond the call of duty, prepared to spend large amounts of money on them and indeed to get into fights over male slaves, while remaining immune to the charms of courtesans - men like Misgolas "always surrounded by cithara-boys, devoted to this thing like one possessed", or Ariaeus "always accompanied by handsome Striplings". A new type of person was beginning to emerge - the homosexual himself.

∑ The Greeks and Greek Love by James Davidson is published by Weidenfeld and Nicolson on November 29
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove there is no elephant in your bathtub?
<quoted text>
No, if god exists, there is evidence of his existence.
It's quite possible, in fact likely, that there are fossils that exist we haven't found.
There is an equal amount of evidence for every one of the billions of gods that man has believed all through our history

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage AND procreation, not Marriage OR procreation...The 2 go hand in hand. So mustn't have one without the other.
Didn't know you had to be married to get knocked up.
Damn, I wasted all that time and money on birth control.
R Hudson wrote:
You wish to cheapen the whole meaning of marriage and we won't let you. And that makes you very mad. Invent your own ceremony.
The ceremony isn't an issue, stupid.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage AND procreation, not Marriage OR procreation...The 2 go hand in hand. So mustn't have one without the other. You wish to cheapen the whole meaning of marriage and we won't let you. And that makes you very mad. Invent your own ceremony.
You need to go back to Jr high health class

There are millions of married couples without children, there are millions of never married people with children.

The 18,000 legally married same sex couples didnít cheapen the meaning of my heterosexual marriage, if yours was, I wonder if perhaps you should spend more time on that, then worrying about others.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

http://townhall.com/columnists/dennisprager/2...

By redefining marriage to include same sex couples we are playing with sexual and societal fire. Just as the entitlement state passes on the cost of our good intentions to our children and grandchildren - unsustainable dependency and debt -- so, too, same-sex marriage will pass along the consequences of our good intentions to our children and grandchildren - gender confusion and the loss of motherhood and fatherhood as values, just to cite two obvious consequences.

It is not enough to mean well in life. One must also do well. And the two are frequently not the same thing.

There are reasons no moral thinker in history ever advocated same-sex marriage.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 145,981 - 146,000 of200,205
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Monterey Discussions

Search the Monterey Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 16 min HughBe 68,106
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 21 hr Punk a s Murabito 4,834
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 2 skeets give more 7,839
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 1 Oinkie 15,910
Ask Dr. Gott: Shingles pain difficult to contro... (May '09) Jun 27 William 4
Marina man twice convicted in 2014Marina man tw... Jun 26 AZ AMIGA 1
White Trash teams with Mexican Banger (Apr '11) Jun 25 Third Party 5
•••
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••