Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,167

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#166122 Oct 31, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
No they didn't. But your marriage did!
Too Funny!
Wrong again kiddo... have you ever been right about anything, you would think it would happen occasionally by accident, a broken clock is right twice a day.

My marriage is fine, we are closing in on 25 years and quite happy :) Homosexuals getting married didnít hurt ours at all, I am somewhat surprised by folks that claim it did.

Their marriages must be terribly fragile

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#166124 Oct 31, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy, that's a real kneeslapper. Didn't I step on you one night in TJ ?
He's a real funny guy. I think it's really Winston. Judging by the lack of imagination and general dopiness.

Fun stuff!
RiccardoFire

Los Angeles, CA

#166126 Oct 31, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
The CEREMONY is THE issue, remember ?
No, the ceremony is when DiRucci puts his pud into his dearest Hud.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#166127 Oct 31, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again kiddo... have you ever been right about anything, you would think it would happen occasionally by accident, a broken clock is right twice a day.
My marriage is fine, we are closing in on 25 years and quite happy :) Homosexuals getting married didnít hurt ours at all, I am somewhat surprised by folks that claim it did.
Their marriages must be terribly fragile
Wha? Does anyone read this silly blather all the way through?

What does it mean? Please explain it better.

Fun!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#166132 Oct 31, 2012
Seriously R Hudson, in what way did the thousands upon thousands of legal gay marriages cheapen your marriage?

They didnít cheapen mine, they didnít cheapen any of my childrenís marriages either.( certainly not in cost for my daughters - chuckle )

But not in any way were they less because others could marry as well.

In what way did they cheapen yours?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#166134 Oct 31, 2012
Big D wrote:
Seriously R Hudson, in what way did the thousands upon thousands of legal gay marriages cheapen your marriage?
They didnít cheapen mine, they didnít cheapen any of my childrenís marriages either.( certainly not in cost for my daughters - chuckle )
Cool story! But please explain it better.

Funny!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#166136 Oct 31, 2012
Big D wrote:
Woops! Post wasn't for me sorry I responded!

But you forgot to use the reply button you dope.

Fun!

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#166139 Oct 31, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
http://townhall.com/columnists /dennisprager/2012/10/30/why_a _good_person_can_vote_against_ samesex_marriage/page/full/
By redefining marriage to include same sex couples we are playing with sexual and societal fire. Just as the entitlement state passes on the cost of our good intentions to our children and grandchildren - unsustainable dependency and debt -- so, too, same-sex marriage will pass along the consequences of our good intentions to our children and grandchildren
Rose's Law...
Morns with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?".
Brian_G wrote:

- gender confusion and the loss of motherhood and fatherhood as values, just to cite two obvious consequences.
It is not enough to mean well in life. One must also do well. And the two are frequently not the same thing.
There are reasons no moral thinker in history ever advocated same-sex marriage.
Prove it.
List every moral thinker in history, and every thing they advanced.
It's funny how you fundies will claim "you can't prove a negative" when people say there is no god, but you'll make statements like the above quote.

North Hollywood, CA

#166140 Oct 31, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
The CEREMONY is THE issue, remember ?
No, it's not.
Anybody can have any kind of ceremony they want.
Non issue.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#166141 Oct 31, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Straight up, Big D, no sarcasm.
My marriage was a declaration that I intended to take my wife and raise a family, according to old tradition and custom, going back thousands of years. This new redefinition allows a mockery of that declaration. It allows anyone with a desire to call another a "wife" or a "husband" to claim that title, in spite of the timeless nature of that cherished institution. Anyone can live together, that is a common type of relationship. A marriage is not. I feel that the ceremony is cheapened by lowering the bar.
Not all marriages need to be a clone of yours mind you. I know a woman that recently got married that is not capable of having children.... would you deny her marriage to her husband as well?

They are happy and content... and yet you seem to think their marriage is less.

I am starting to think it is your beliefs that may have cheapened your marriage, not others being able to marry.

North Hollywood, CA

#166143 Oct 31, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
My marriage was a declaration that I intended to take my wife and raise a family, according to old tradition and custom, going back thousands of years. This new redefinition allows a mockery of that declaration. It allows anyone with a desire to call another a "wife" or a "husband" to claim that title, in spite of the timeless nature of that cherished institution. Anyone can live together, that is a common type of relationship. A marriage is not. I feel that the ceremony is cheapened by lowering the bar.
Is your wife as hideous as you are? People tend to pair up with a partner of similar sexual market value, so you wife must be really revolting!
Damn!
And you are so selfish, why would people have to step around your feelings?

North Hollywood, CA

#166144 Oct 31, 2012
Sorry, your wife must be really revolting!

North Hollywood, CA

#166147 Oct 31, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
It reduces the sanctitity of your ceremony. It becomes something that any clowns in make-up and drag can participate in. Did it not declare something special about the relationship between you and you wife ? This redefining of marriage is about sexual gratification and financial gain.
LOL. Marriage has always been about sexual gratification and financial gain. You might try to cover up the facts with your romantic notions, but that doesn't change a thing.

DoorMat

Covina, CA

#166148 Oct 31, 2012
Never use your feet on the doormat too much.

North Hollywood, CA

#166150 Oct 31, 2012
Rock Hudson, quit trying to make your bigotry seem noble with your "sanctitity of the ceremony" crap.
You don't care about weddings held by Elvis impersonators in Vegas. You just hate gay people, why not admit it?
http://the-weddingvendors.com/wp-content/uplo...
RiccardoFire

Los Angeles, CA

#166156 Oct 31, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your marriage declaration was a sham. When the donkey you married couldn't bear you a burro, you sent her off to the glue factory where she was made into cheap taco meat and mucilage.

North Hollywood, CA

#166157 Oct 31, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
Sorry for the typo
" Perhaps it is my higher moral standards...I don't think "just anyone" should be able to enter "the club". " is how it should have read.
Can't get any lower than you and your wife.
She must be the visual equivalent of ipecac.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#166158 Oct 31, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps it is my higher moral standards...I don't "just anyone" should be able to enter "the club".
I do understand, but I suspect that is again just your beliefs, I am not willing to allow you to define my life and adhere to me laws based on your personal beliefs. This is America, the land of the free.

How about the billions of Hindu marriages that believe in a multitude of Gods? Do you count them in your club? They have almost none of your beliefs.

I am glad we can speak as adults here, and I am not trying to run you down. But this claim that it hurts others marriages seems out of line to me.

My marriage was not hurt, none of my childrenís marriages were hurt, it didnít lessen the joy of my most recent daughters marriage that happened after tens of thousands of legal gay marriages had taken place, if yours was, I would like to know how. This isnít an idle point, this is what won the case to overturn this unconstitutional proposition
Big D

Modesto, CA

#166159 Oct 31, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps it is my higher moral standards...I don't "just anyone" should be able to enter "the club".
And I am sorry to mention this, but your moral standards are not "higher" than mine.
Rawlins W

Los Angeles, CA

#166160 Oct 31, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "club" is the Shell Station mensroom with the hole bored into the wall. No thanks. You're pretty disgusting, even for a homosexual.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 19 min Frijoles 71,015
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 12 Alex Montgomery 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info