Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
145,781 - 145,800 of 200,357 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
They are all worm poop now. Have been for centuries.
I don't give a fk what they intended. They surely didn't intend for black women to be able to vote.
<quoted text>
Slave owner, rapist.
Worm poop.
You really see yourself as some knowledgeable historian, don't you? You're just a pretentious little prick.
Was there suppose to be something intelligent in that reply?

Again, the only answer you have is- RACIST.. Seriously Rose, get another line. And you want people to actually accept that you are intelligent with nonsense like this?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Never made that claim.
A racists? LOL.
<quoted text>
I asked you first. After you tell us which race I don't like, I'll tell you which race you hate. And, no, "all of them" doesn't count.
So, tell us, which race I don't like.
I will just accept your appology.

Since you can't seem to support your accusation that I am a reacist.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
But ain't it the damndest thing to use one's own name in a website, instead of hiding, like a coward?
i know rite... you have always been proud of that rape and felt framed by her didn't you mr camel man

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

Loving v VA shows that marriage is a right, and marriage laws are covered by the 14th Amendment.
No, Skinner V Oklahoma did that.

You would know that if you had actually read the opinion of the court in Loving v Virginia.
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yet there is gay marriage in NY state now. Seems the SCOTUS made a mistake.
The SCOTUS didn't make a "mistake", the elected legislature decided to change the law. You do understand basic civics don't you?
Winston Smith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

AscendedFalmer wrote:
<quoted text>
"In summary, social science has shown that the concerns often raised about children of lesbian and gay parents—concerns that are generally grounded in prejudice against and stereotypes about gay people—are unfounded. Overall, the research indicates that the children of lesbian and gay parents do not differ markedly from the children of heterosexual parents in their development, adjustment, or overall well-being." - American Psychological Association
http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/sexual-orientat...
I found the following to personally relevant:

Studies of prejudice, including prejudice against gay people, consistently show that prejudice declines when members of the majority group interact with members of a minority group. In keeping with this general pattern, one of the most powerful influences on heterosexuals’ acceptance of gay people is having personal contact with an openly gay person. Antigay attitudes are far less common among members of the population who have a close friend or family member who is lesbian or gay, especially if the gay person has directly come out to the heterosexual person.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Orem wrote:
<quoted text>What a crock of hooey!
Click on the link. Read it and weep you prejudiced pile of shit.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, that was your worst insult. You were demanding it as you're a bit of a bossy little feller. I just thought I'd be nice and appease you. Thank you for your concern, but I've had enough fun today & tonight - out riding a quad checking on the amount of flooding (plenty of that going on) and looking for downed trees (none), and any other property damage (also none). Bit cold & wet out but I'm happy with things so far.
Yeah, that's what she says. Maybe it's true.

But that's great Winston! And I mean it. See how much better things are when you loosen up don't worry about people's working hours and have some fun? You deserve it champ! Hope the rest of the storm goes well for you.

Me and Winston having fun! But now Laquesha's gonna accuse us of having a gay "bromance"!

Fun stuff!

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are fabricating. I thought it was wise of you to find some truth, but now you resorting to lies. Please find any link whatsoever to back THAT up.
:-D
goood nite mr camel man....i'm surprised they let you back in after what you did to

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
I'd LOVE to see you use your real name, Krystal...Lililth....whatever fake names you use.
oooh Jerry says hi... i think we will drink a toaste to you

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
I'd LOVE to see you use your real name, Krystal...Lililth....whatever fake names you use.
oh your gonna love this... one of our friends wants to know if you hide behind the sheets to keep your neighbors from seeing what you did.... i got the whole place laughing at your expense now.....

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
see were like best friends now.... lolol

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
If you mean "R Hudson" as meaning "Rock Hudson", them I am sorry to burst your bubble, but my name is "Randy Hudson", and as you have had me banned 4 times before, and as I use my own name, not a fake one, I don't have too many options left, next one will be "Randy H", or some such derivative.....
I've never had you banned. WTF are you going on about?

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
hey just curious... do you force your ash tray smelling hand to have sex with you... or does it resist to

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had the guts to show yours, we'd see that a traumatic accident with a garbage disposal explains yours........
If you con dumbs weren't so violent and immoral I would.
You have nothing to fear, well other than ridicule, by showing your face. I'd be putting my life on the line.

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never had you banned. WTF are you going on about?
hi sweetie.... i don't think me and pebbles will be exchanging x-mas cards this year.... oh what a shame

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Was there suppose to be something intelligent in that reply?
Again, the only answer you have is- RACIST.. Seriously Rose, get another line. And you want people to actually accept that you are intelligent with nonsense like this?
You are seeing things, stupid. I didn't say "racist" in that post.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Skinner V Oklahoma did that.
You would know that if you had actually read the opinion of the court in Loving v Virginia.
TTAG?
The fact that marriage is a right is mentioned in Loving v VA.
akpilot wrote:
The SCOTUS didn't make a "mistake", the elected legislature decided to change the law. You do understand basic civics don't you?
Yes, they made a mistake.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>I found the following to personally relevant:

Studies of prejudice, including prejudice against gay people, consistently show that prejudice declines when members of the majority group interact with members of a minority group. In keeping with this general pattern, one of the most powerful influences on heterosexualsÂ’ acceptance of gay people is having personal contact with an openly gay person. Antigay attitudes are far less common among members of the population who have a close friend or family member who is lesbian or gay, especially if the gay person has directly come out to the heterosexual person.

Ahh how true this is. I've seen the people around me evolve their perspectives to accept my own homosexuality. I live in a homophobic part of north America, but there are places also in north America which also seem to be naturally accepting, the coming out process a mere period of individual psychological and physiological maturation, with hardly any resistance to bear acceptance amongst outside individuals. I believe the people and the cultures who have come to understand the reality of these "issues" are on the upward trend.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Lililth_Satans_Wh_ore wrote:
<quoted text>hey just curious... do you force your ash tray smelling hand to have sex with you... or does it resist to
You never did any johns that smoked? Just askin'.

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You never did any johns that smoked? Just askin'.
your little buddy wasn't very bright... to often brings a water pistol to a gun fight... I go by Satans Who-re for a reason.... I have a transgendered child and i'll cut the throat of anyone who hassles her.... anyone!!!! Now as to you... please elaborate to both myself , my Fiancee Jerry, and all my friends here at this club as to why you feel the need to belittle people in the LGBT community... Does it make you feel tough, like Pebbles... or are you just lonely like he is... Maybe you were brainwashed by some christardo family and you feel it is your mission from GOD!!@@... Please share.. and I will share with the patrons at this club... who btw are almost all hetero.... Ok whie you type.. i'm gonna have a drink.... you don't have rape in your back ground to... do you

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••