Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
145,601 - 145,620 of 200,607 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Doggie Howitzer

Pulaski, TN

#165519 Oct 28, 2012
How very very interesting that nobody's gonna touch that Doogie Howser dog sex ad on CBS..

C'mon, all you libtards. It's time to see what you've been pushing for. The day is here.

C'mon, "Satan's daughter". You're so proud of your shock value. Let's see how brave you truly are to align yourself with such sewage.

Let's see what kinds of spine your type actually has.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#165520 Oct 28, 2012
Doggie Howitzer wrote:
How very very interesting that nobody's gonna touch that Doogie Howser dog sex ad on CBS..
C'mon, all you libtards. It's time to see what you've been pushing for. The day is here.
C'mon, "Satan's daughter". You're so proud of your shock value. Let's see how brave you truly are to align yourself with such sewage.
Let's see what kinds of spine your type actually has.
yawn!!!!!!!!!! go play with yo sisterwife...

Bellevue, WA

#165523 Oct 28, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that all you have to say ? Because it's exactly the kind of balderdash that I expected you come up with, nothing serious...
hey you wouldn't be so hate filled and lonely if you would just clean up.... take down your bed sheet doors... pick up after yo slob azz.... and oh ya.... didn't stink like an ash tray....

gee... your whole existence sucks///

Bellevue, WA

#165524 Oct 28, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that all you have to say ? Because it's exactly the kind of balderdash that I expected you come up with, nothing serious...
balderdash??????? did the marlboro man teach you that
Doggie Howitzer

Pulaski, TN

#165527 Oct 28, 2012
Lililth_Satans_Wh_ore wrote:
<quoted text>yawn!!!!!!!!!! go play with yo sisterwife...
You're exactly the nothing I expected.

Bellevue, WA

#165529 Oct 28, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that, to you, my existence sucks, because I am everything that you are not. Successful, gainfully employed, educated and sober.
Sucks to be you, especially when you look at me, but save your insults for someone who gives a rats ass about what you have to say.
To paraphrase: When I want your opinion, I'll pick your number and give you another chance to matter.
was that a two cigarette response or three

Bellevue, WA

#165530 Oct 28, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I can use plenty of words that you will not understand.
like lung cancer...... lol

Bellevue, WA

#165532 Oct 28, 2012
Doggie Howitzer wrote:
<quoted text>
You're exactly the nothing I expected.
and your the toothless bigot i expected
My rules

Azusa, CA

#165533 Oct 28, 2012
Only the perfect storm would make a difference.

Bellevue, WA

#165534 Oct 28, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a Non sequitur.
hey just curious... after sex with your hand do you spray perfume on it and snuggle in bed.... is it still brown nicateen stained tho

Bellevue, WA

#165537 Oct 28, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, You're really so common, like dirt....
hmmmmmmmmm funny.. but you and your sheet wall place smelllike dirt

Bellevue, WA

#165538 Oct 28, 2012
gotta go... bye stinky marlboro man... have fun with your hand... my man is home and we are going out to eat... oh and we looked at a three carot diamond yesterday for our wedding ring.... mabe you can give your cigarette a ring
My Rules

Azusa, CA

#165539 Oct 28, 2012
Listen up, your not playing by my rules..

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#165540 Oct 28, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You've already shown yourself incapable of recognizing, and acknowledging, a rational argument.
What you are saying is you can't counter my argument.
You hate gay people, we get that, but that's not a rational reason to deny citizens equal rights.

Los Angeles, CA

#165541 Oct 28, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Try this...
Marriage existed before church and state. Therefore, Neither church nor state invented marriage, and neither can change its nature.
LOL! Appealing to tradition and a non sequitur. Two logical fallacies already!
R Hudson wrote:
The sexual union of a man and woman is called the "marital" act because the two become physically one in a way that is impossible between two men or two women.
Quit the new age touchy feelly crap. Marriage as a legal contract is the only issue here.
R Hudson wrote:
Even though marriage precedes the state, the state has an interest in regulating marriage, which is a public institution, to the end of assuring stability in society and the proper protection and raising of the next generation of citizens. That is to say, children.
LOL. You don't have to be able to procreate in order to marry.
No amount of twisting and turning will change that.
Next.
R Hudson wrote:
It easy to see the destructive effects in gay couples rearing children -
Rose's Law...
R Hudson wrote:
the confusion and angry despair with envy of the wrong , fake father /mother figure as well as as the gulity, fearful response of the natural mother /father , to make one shudder to think what the children growing up in such families would have to go through.
Oh, where did I put my violin?
And no matter how you feel about gay couples raising children (AFAIK, they turn out just fine), it's a separate issue. And that's why your bringing up the issue illustrates Rose's Law.
You have no rational argument about gay marriage, so you start screaming about "the children"
R Hudson wrote:
Only the union of male & female produce children, so that institution is given social recognition and the proper label of marriage. What right, then, does the State have to interfere with the preexisting marital institution to try fit the square peg of "Gay Marriage" into the round hole of Marriage? None. Trying to get society to call gay partners "married" smacks of a desperate need to be accepted. Something no amount of government intervention can facilitate.
The state is obligated to provide its citizens with equal protection under the law, even when that gets some people upset.
There is no requirement that people who marry be ready, willing nor able to reproduce. So, it's just a non issue. Get it? If it were, we could discuss if it should be, but it's not.
Still waiting for a rational argument against gay marriage.
Brucie got PRIDE

Pulaski, TN

#165542 Oct 28, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>

The state is obligated to provide its citizens with equal protection under the law
Except when blacks and homosexuals are designated as Protected Species.
Piggies slaughtered

Azusa, CA

#165543 Oct 28, 2012
Don't we need to slaughter more piggies that steal frm the public?
Hank H

Los Angeles, CA

#165544 Oct 28, 2012
gotta go... bye stinky marlboro man... have fun with your hand... my man is home and we are going out to eat... oh and we looked at a three carot diamond yesterday for our wedding ring.... mabe you can give your cigarette a ring
Now why would a pimp marry his ho?
Nice to window shop, but your 3 carat diamond is gonna end up being a glass door knob from Home Depot.
Raul

Los Angeles, CA

#165545 Oct 28, 2012
You going through the drive-thru, or you sittin' inside at McDonalds?

Los Angeles, CA

#165546 Oct 28, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
For your gaffe to have been a mere copy/paste error, you would have had to have left the names alone, not changed them as you went....snort on...
LOL. You are clueless. I'm sure you understand why aka was worried people would think he made the stupid comments you actually made. But what possible motivation would I have to switch the names on purpose? Again, it was just basically a typo. I've admitted the mistake. Now what?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 69,038
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 4 hr Brett Weir 15,965
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 9 hr Duh 5,015
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 15 hr napalmers 7,933
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Aug 28 JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Aug 28 Money 1
My fears for Doris Day: Confidante who spent 40... (Oct '13) Aug 28 marti eton square 4
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search