Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
144,661 - 144,680 of 200,587 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Winston Smith

Woodbridge, VA

#164169 Oct 19, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, my dear chap, it was a description of ross-no-hopes tactics...
I am sorry that you chose to misinterpret it, and skew it , in order to try to seem clever.
Sorry pencil neck, there's a picture of you in the write up.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#164170 Oct 19, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess Jesus didn't know what he was doing when he died for black people, huh? You, a racist fundie, knows better than Jesus. Huh? LOLSER.
Rose_NoHo.

Yes. I believe you are familiar with my credentials that prove that my love for my Homosexual friends, the lesbians, and yes, even the Africans is second to none. I've read many things about Jesus, including much of his recorded speech. I have never read anywhere that he considered the Homosexuals and the lesbians to be any better than Africans.

Ronald

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#164171 Oct 19, 2012
Rose Theodor wrote:
<quoted text>Well, first if sodomy is not my business, then only your sodomy is your business. Since, I clearly am not watching you, then you should mind your own mind. If sodomy is not illegal, then why the shame.
Are you REALLY this stupid, or just pretending to be to make some kind of point? People are ashamed of all sorts of legal things. Some women are ashamed of arm pit hair.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#164172 Oct 19, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
At least both of mine were human. As such it sure beats the image of your conception. A lonely old duffer tossing off into a jar full of slugs.*hurl*
Oh Winnie. You're SO silly! You big dope.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#164173 Oct 19, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry pencil neck, there's a picture of you in the write up.
That just doesn't work Winnie. You need to tell us why Danth's Law doesn't apply to Rose_NoHo but does to someone else. You can't just declare it's so. That's just silly!

What a dope!
Winston Smith

Woodbridge, VA

#164174 Oct 19, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
I got all excited at the prospect of you defending Rose_NoHo.
Oh really?! Yours is a rather empty life. My condolences.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164175 Oct 19, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
The fallacy of your argument is that you assume that because people and governments may attempt to infringe on your right's, and the fact that you may be at times forced to fight for said right's that they are somehow not "endowed."
You either accept the premise by which our republic was founded or you do not, but the historical fact behind its founding doesn't change based on your opinions.
Gee, I wish I could feel more sympathy for your sour grapes attitude, akpilot. Would that you may understand the basis of the argument you are attempting to make.

I am not arguing that the rights you refer to are 'endowed'.

You are.

Therefore, I am offering a means to proving your assertion logically, if you would but consider it.

Your move.

Location hidden

#164176 Oct 19, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you REALLY this stupid, or just pretending to be to make some kind of point? People are ashamed of all sorts of legal things. Some women are ashamed of arm pit hair.
Show me a woman who's not ashamed of SOMETHING, and I'll show you a woman raised by herself.

We're survivors, with a maternal instinct. God help the man who believes a woman's shame is his to manipulate.

I dang sure haven't.

>:)

Los Angeles, CA

#164178 Oct 19, 2012
Rose Theodor wrote:
<quoted text>No you wouldn't. If you did, then you would have found it, just as I did.
IOW, you pulled those stats, ironically enough, out of your backside.

Los Angeles, CA

#164179 Oct 19, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Mom and Mom get no masculine point of view or upbringing, same goes for Dad and Dad
Circular babble.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#164181 Oct 19, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really?! Yours is a rather empty life. My condolences.
No. I have you Winnie! So I'm not lonely. Every time I post, I can count on your dopey response. It must be hard to tear yourself away from your wonderful social life just for me! But here you are.

TOO Funny!

Los Angeles, CA

#164182 Oct 19, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Is screaming "racist" your answer to everything? Do you think you win a debate this way?
Please Rose, time to tear up that card, it's tired and worn. There is nothing racist in my comment to you and I stand behind it.
You really aren't very bright are you? Do you need instruction on how to sign your welfare check?
There you go again, no debate, no argument, just a sad, sorry racist jab. Why play innocent? Do you think your denying your remark is racist makes it any less racist? Do you think your denial fools anybody?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#164183 Oct 19, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Circular babble.
Smart fart!

Los Angeles, CA

#164184 Oct 19, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Show me a woman who's not ashamed of SOMETHING, and I'll show you a woman raised by herself.
We're survivors, with a maternal instinct. God help the man who believes a woman's shame is his to manipulate.
I dang sure haven't.
>:)
Great post!

Los Angeles, CA

#164185 Oct 19, 2012
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.
Yes. I believe you are familiar with my credentials that prove that my love for my Homosexual friends, the lesbians, and yes, even the Africans
Why are fundies such racists?
Jesus thought black people were worth dying for.
Right?
Guess you know better than he did!
You are a typical fundie, nothing is more important to you than hating others.

Location hidden

#164186 Oct 19, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post!
Thank-you.

:)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Tata

Westminster, CA

#164187 Oct 19, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are fundies such racists?
Jesus thought black people were worth dying for.
Right?
Guess you know better than he did!
You are a typical fundie, nothing is more important to you than hating others.
So now you say there is a God and a Jesus?? make up your crack infected mind you monkey girliboi

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#164188 Oct 19, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Gee, I wish I could feel more sympathy for your sour grapes attitude, akpilot. Would that you may understand the basis of the argument you are attempting to make.
I am not arguing that the rights you refer to are 'endowed'.
You are.
Therefore, I am offering a means to proving your assertion logically, if you would but consider it.
Your move.
You think I am looking for your sympathy? Think again.

My statement is in line with the entire foundation of our Republic, there is nothing to argue.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#164189 Oct 19, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again, no debate, no argument, just a sad, sorry racist jab. Why play innocent? Do you think your denying your remark is racist makes it any less racist? Do you think your denial fools anybody?
You presented nothing to debate Rose. Screaming someone is a racist with no basis in fact is not an argument.

Go play your silly race card on someone else. I lack the interest.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#164190 Oct 19, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW Rose, you claiming I am a racist while lacking the knowledge as to the color of my skin in and of itself shines light on your inner racist.

Might be time for you to clean out your closet?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 4 hr dannytome 15,962
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr J RULES 68,991
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Fri Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Thu JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Thu Money 1
My fears for Doris Day: Confidante who spent 40... (Oct '13) Thu marti eton square 4
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info