Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
144,641 - 144,660 of 200,349 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Mom and Mom get no masculine point of view or upbringing, same goes for Dad and Dad
Pardon my crudity here, but that's unmitigated bull feces. All children, unless they are sequestered from circulation in their respective communities, are exposed to, and sustained by, the entire spectrum of people with whom they come into contact. Gays have families, friends, and acquaintances who are just as pertainent to their upbringing, as are those of the children of straights.

Look, I get that you don't like the ideas of acceptance and egalitarian principles being welcomed by most of the human race - but you're going to have to evolve sometime, you know. If kicking and screaming is your plan, more power to you - but inequality is rapidly becoming a thing of the past.

Sorry about your luck, and welcome to the age of Aquarius, baby.
You and yours have another 450 years or so to get used to it.
Love,
SKL

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Oh the pith of this statement - and the deep philosophical cogitation involved, in crafting it for publication.
Please detect heavy sarcasm.
No, it's exasperation.

Short for "Oy vey" which is Yiddish for "oh pain".

You are so close in your description of rights that you are almost refuting your own argument.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
So... ahhh...where do you stick it then?
Where ever it would be most appreciated.
Mike DiRucci wrote:
This should be entertaining.
Why?
Mike DiRucci wrote:
I have no problem with whatever you do sexually.
That's mighty, something, of you. Happy to hear it.
Mike DiRucci wrote:
You shouldn't either.
Why would you imagine that I would be?
Mike DiRucci wrote:
Don't be so shy!
I should have that problem.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Pardon again: "...Gays have families, friends, and acquaintances who are just as pertainent to their upbringing, as are those of the children of straights," should have read : "The children of gays have their parents' families, friends, and acquaintances, who are just as pertainent to their upbringing, as are those of the children of straights."

My apologies.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

And I still want to know what the bet is: Mama needs a new pair of shoes........

:)
Mildred

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

And I still want to know what the bet is: Mama needs a new pair of shoes........
The bet is, dear...
... that you can mouth the sex organs of at least ten black unwashed men without gagging or vomiting. Nine folks on this thread believe you can, three don't.$16.39 is riding on this wager, Sister Kathryn.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>If they are endowed, or 'given', akpilot, they do not need our flimsy mortal protection - we simply have them forever and always. Since they are impossible to lose, by your reckoning, it logically follows that Government is here to recognize and facilitate them, not 'protect' them, and therein lies a fallacy of today's politics. Inalienable endowed rights, cannot disappear - they can only fail to be recognized by one's government.
And the founders foresaw that as well. They were pretty smart..
Tata

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
Tata you are obviously not educated enough to even be in this conversation
Most people with HIV today in the world are heterosexual
Learn just a little bit before posting, you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.
Yes I do ... STFU

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Mildred wrote:
<quoted text>
The bet is, dear...
... that you can mouth the sex organs of at least ten black unwashed men without gagging or vomiting. Nine folks on this thread believe you can, three don't.$16.39 is riding on this wager, Sister Kathryn.
Wow.

I was looking for the wager - not the challenge. The challenge was offered already, and your 'fantasies' had no part in it.

I guess you owe me $16.39, sucker.

Message me to obtain the number of my pay pal account.

Next...
Tata

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
They dont like that fact, so they ignore it.
Ok I know you won't like this answer, but heteros can also get it from a female who Fked a bisexual homo who didn't have the smarts to wear protection and not tell the female he screwed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
And the founders foresaw that as well. They were pretty smart..
Indeed.

One might even say 'brilliant'.

Edgar

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Mildred wrote:
<quoted text>
The bet is, dear...
The hell are you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>If they are endowed, or 'given', akpilot, they do not need our flimsy mortal protection - we simply have them forever and always. Since they are impossible to lose, by your reckoning, it logically follows that Government is here to recognize and facilitate them, not 'protect' them, and therein lies a fallacy of today's politics. Inalienable endowed rights, cannot disappear - they can only fail to be recognized by one's government.
The fallacy of your argument is that you assume that because people and governments may attempt to infringe on your right's, and the fact that you may be at times forced to fight for said right's that they are somehow not "endowed."

You either accept the premise by which our republic was founded or you do not, but the historical fact behind its founding doesn't change based on your opinions.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice critique, but the fact remains that you have focused on nothing except that facile view that you wish us to focus on, thus ignoring the more complete description that I have previously stated. 2 men or 2 women cannot possibly substitute for the complete upbringing provided by a balanced and natural biological set of parents. These children would be denied the access to one or the other parent, and the result is that these children will be raised by one party who has no blood relationship with them. They will always be deprived of either a mother or a father role model. Same-sex “marriage” ignores a child’s best interests. Period.
Rose's Law:
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"

People can have, adopt and raise kids without getting married. And marry without having, adopting or raising kids. So, tell us, when a gay couple is raising a kid, how not allowing the couple to marry helps the kid. Please be specific.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.
"Racist"? What do you mean by "racist"? I have never heard of any "fundies" (as normalphobes pejoratively call them) contend that the Homosexuals and the lesbians are any better than Africans.
Ronald
Guess Jesus didn't know what he was doing when he died for black people, huh? You, a racist fundie, knows better than Jesus. Huh? LOLSER.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You really aren't very bright are you? Do you need instruction on how to sign your welfare check?
You're a racist, too. Big shock there!
I knocked your sorry "argument" out of the park, so you just make racist insults.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I knocked your sorry "argument" out of the park, so you just make racist insults.
Is screaming "racist" your answer to everything? Do you think you win a debate this way?

Please Rose, time to tear up that card, it's tired and worn. There is nothing racist in my comment to you and I stand behind it.

You really aren't very bright are you? Do you need instruction on how to sign your welfare check?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Indeed.
One might even say 'brilliant'.
I did. But it got lots of negative judge-its. Some said I was "mean" to say that. Some said "clueless"!

Don't gay people think the founders were brilliant? Or do you think it's just because it's me saying they were?

Let me know toots.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Danth's Law.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose's Law:
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"
People can have, adopt and raise kids without getting married. And marry without having, adopting or raising kids. So, tell us, when a gay couple is raising a kid, how not allowing the couple to marry helps the kid. Please be specific.
Yes! What about the children Rose_NoHo? You never say. You just say anyone who asks is a moron. What kind of dumb-assed "Law" is that?

Another thing I was wondering. Why are you a racist?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••