Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,192

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Tata

Westminster, CA

#164153 Oct 19, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
They dont like that fact, so they ignore it.
Ok I know you won't like this answer, but heteros can also get it from a female who Fked a bisexual homo who didn't have the smarts to wear protection and not tell the female he screwed.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164154 Oct 19, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
And the founders foresaw that as well. They were pretty smart..
Indeed.

One might even say 'brilliant'.

:)
Edgar

Spring, TX

#164155 Oct 19, 2012
Mildred wrote:
<quoted text>
The bet is, dear...
... that you can mouth the sex organs of at least ten black unwashed men without gagging or vomiting. Nine folks on this thread believe you can, three don't.$16.39 is riding on this wager, Sister Kathryn.
The hell are you?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#164156 Oct 19, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>If they are endowed, or 'given', akpilot, they do not need our flimsy mortal protection - we simply have them forever and always. Since they are impossible to lose, by your reckoning, it logically follows that Government is here to recognize and facilitate them, not 'protect' them, and therein lies a fallacy of today's politics. Inalienable endowed rights, cannot disappear - they can only fail to be recognized by one's government.
The fallacy of your argument is that you assume that because people and governments may attempt to infringe on your right's, and the fact that you may be at times forced to fight for said right's that they are somehow not "endowed."

You either accept the premise by which our republic was founded or you do not, but the historical fact behind its founding doesn't change based on your opinions.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#164157 Oct 19, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice critique, but the fact remains that you have focused on nothing except that facile view that you wish us to focus on, thus ignoring the more complete description that I have previously stated. 2 men or 2 women cannot possibly substitute for the complete upbringing provided by a balanced and natural biological set of parents. These children would be denied the access to one or the other parent, and the result is that these children will be raised by one party who has no blood relationship with them. They will always be deprived of either a mother or a father role model. Same-sex “marriage” ignores a child’s best interests. Period.
Rose's Law:
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"

People can have, adopt and raise kids without getting married. And marry without having, adopting or raising kids. So, tell us, when a gay couple is raising a kid, how not allowing the couple to marry helps the kid. Please be specific.

Los Angeles, CA

#164158 Oct 19, 2012
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.
"Racist"? What do you mean by "racist"? I have never heard of any "fundies" (as normalphobes pejoratively call them) contend that the Homosexuals and the lesbians are any better than Africans.
Ronald
Guess Jesus didn't know what he was doing when he died for black people, huh? You, a racist fundie, knows better than Jesus. Huh? LOLSER.

Los Angeles, CA

#164159 Oct 19, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You really aren't very bright are you? Do you need instruction on how to sign your welfare check?
You're a racist, too. Big shock there!
I knocked your sorry "argument" out of the park, so you just make racist insults.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#164160 Oct 19, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I knocked your sorry "argument" out of the park, so you just make racist insults.
Is screaming "racist" your answer to everything? Do you think you win a debate this way?

Please Rose, time to tear up that card, it's tired and worn. There is nothing racist in my comment to you and I stand behind it.

You really aren't very bright are you? Do you need instruction on how to sign your welfare check?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#164161 Oct 19, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed.
One might even say 'brilliant'.
:)
I did. But it got lots of negative judge-its. Some said I was "mean" to say that. Some said "clueless"!

Don't gay people think the founders were brilliant? Or do you think it's just because it's me saying they were?

Let me know toots.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#164162 Oct 19, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Danth's Law.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#164163 Oct 19, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose's Law:
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"
People can have, adopt and raise kids without getting married. And marry without having, adopting or raising kids. So, tell us, when a gay couple is raising a kid, how not allowing the couple to marry helps the kid. Please be specific.
Yes! What about the children Rose_NoHo? You never say. You just say anyone who asks is a moron. What kind of dumb-assed "Law" is that?

Another thing I was wondering. Why are you a racist?
Winston Smith

Woodbridge, VA

#164164 Oct 19, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Winnie. Your hero Rose_NoHo promised to never respond to me ever again (what a dope!). So you're on your own defending her, she won't help.
Good Luck Jackass.
That makes three responses to me just dropping a light hearted quip. You seem a bit testy. Does this mean I won?

{charliesheenmode}WINNING!{/ch arliesheenmode}

Los Angeles, CA

#164165 Oct 19, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
But I DO know those things, I am merely looking the finished product, as it were, of missing elements. You named a fine set of qualities, but you are simplifying the issue, and thereby avoiding the rest of the picture.
You're into magical thinking. You figure there is "something" a male parent can give a child a female parent can't. Yet, you can never tell us what this "something" is.
Winston Smith

Woodbridge, VA

#164166 Oct 19, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeech. What a mental picture. Winnie's parents creating him. Too much information.
At least both of mine were human. As such it sure beats the image of your conception. A lonely old duffer tossing off into a jar full of slugs.*hurl*

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#164167 Oct 19, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes three responses to me just dropping a light hearted quip. You seem a bit testy. Does this mean I won?
No.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#164168 Oct 19, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I got all excited at the prospect of you defending Rose_NoHo. Still am! But looks like I underestimated your intelligence for the first time. That's kinda hard to do! Sorry. Rose is on her own eh?
Winston Smith

Woodbridge, VA

#164169 Oct 19, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, my dear chap, it was a description of ross-no-hopes tactics...
I am sorry that you chose to misinterpret it, and skew it , in order to try to seem clever.
Sorry pencil neck, there's a picture of you in the write up.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#164170 Oct 19, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess Jesus didn't know what he was doing when he died for black people, huh? You, a racist fundie, knows better than Jesus. Huh? LOLSER.
Rose_NoHo.

Yes. I believe you are familiar with my credentials that prove that my love for my Homosexual friends, the lesbians, and yes, even the Africans is second to none. I've read many things about Jesus, including much of his recorded speech. I have never read anywhere that he considered the Homosexuals and the lesbians to be any better than Africans.

Ronald

Los Angeles, CA

#164171 Oct 19, 2012
Rose Theodor wrote:
<quoted text>Well, first if sodomy is not my business, then only your sodomy is your business. Since, I clearly am not watching you, then you should mind your own mind. If sodomy is not illegal, then why the shame.
Are you REALLY this stupid, or just pretending to be to make some kind of point? People are ashamed of all sorts of legal things. Some women are ashamed of arm pit hair.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#164172 Oct 19, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
At least both of mine were human. As such it sure beats the image of your conception. A lonely old duffer tossing off into a jar full of slugs.*hurl*
Oh Winnie. You're SO silly! You big dope.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 hr JOEL 70,105
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Oct 17 savvylocal 245
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2
Pacific Grove Girl Chelsie Hills Law suit. Rea... Oct 3 Siding with Toyota 1
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep '14 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep '14 fancy 3
Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey Jobs