Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,188

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#164096 Oct 19, 2012
Ronald wrote:
As regular readers of this thread know, my love for my Homosexual friends, the lesbians, and yes, even the Africans,
Why are fundies such racists? Don't you believe Jesus thought enough of black people to die for us?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#164097 Oct 19, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, my dear chap, it was a description of ross-no-hopes tactics...
I am sorry that you chose to misinterpret it, and skew it , in order to try to seem clever.
Even Winston secretly knows Rose_NoHo's favorite tactic is a textbook example of Danth's Law. I think. Or maybe not. He's such a dope.

Funny Stuff!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#164098 Oct 19, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
There should be a "slam dunk" judge it icon.
Oh yeah! There should be.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#164099 Oct 19, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a feeling you don't know what the meaning of the word "most" is. What percentage of the population is gay?
The Bill Clinton strategy!

TOO Funny.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#164100 Oct 19, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are fundies such racists? Don't you believe Jesus thought enough of black people to die for us?
Why are you a fundiephobe?

What about the children?

Why are you so stupid?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#164102 Oct 19, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you missed my point. I was saying that the only arguments that anyone has been able to come up with are based on religion. Without using false translations of the Bible, the anti-SSM crowd looses any semblance of validity..
You exclude the argument of State Rights, as well as the right of the people to regulate their society.

Location hidden

#164103 Oct 19, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it does NOT change voting from a right to a privilege. It merely indicates that prior to that time, women were categorically DENIED their right to vote, for no valid reason beyond the mere fact that they were of a different gender than the Founding Fathers. Hey, the Founding Fathers were good. Considering that they had to invent all of this from scratch, they were incredibly good. But they still suffered from the prejudidices of their time.
No, it most certainly shows that it is a privilege. Doesn't matter how you try to twist it.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#164104 Oct 19, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, for a split second there, it began to look like you were catching on ....
I'm not in a habit of "catching on" to dysfunctional, bigoted, narrow-minded, self-contradicting mentalities.

What you are proposing is either a bubble of cluelessness or the muting of gay people trying to gain rights vocally.

No matter which of the two is what your point resembles, there's no way you'll ever see me "catch on" to it.

(By the way, quite frankly, if you're afraid about homosexual talk infecting minors...walk a day in my shoes. Public school students, at least in my neck of the woods, are the most flaming homophobes you'll ever meet. "Gay" is a synonym for "Dumb" or "Dull" at our schools. I deal with closed-minded people like you every goddamn day.)

Location hidden

#164105 Oct 19, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike the Founding Fathers, we now have science that shows that a creator is not necessary for our existence...
No, the Big Bang theory and evolution do not, in and of themselves, "prove" that there is no creator (science can not do that!), but they work quite well to explain existence without invoking supernatural actions.
You miss the point. While the founders most certainly felt there was a "creator" in the fashion of a supreme being, the fact that science has lead away from that does not change the purpose and signifigance of the statement.

Creator does not have to be relegated to a "religion" in the context of this argument, it simply holds to the premise that we all have "right's" which are inherant in us simply by birth, they are not given nor can the be taken and the only purpose of government is to protect them.

Location hidden

#164106 Oct 19, 2012
Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>Says the guy who thinks the Constitution doesn't Enumerate Rights.
The guy who, in his latest escalation of insanity, claims that the Right to vote doesn't exist...
Never mind the TEXT of the 19th Amendment to the CONSTITUTION....
It's hard to fathom someone SO stupid being SUCH an an arrogant asshole, thinking they are smart, but here you are.
Aren't you tired of having your a$$ handed to you yet?
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#164107 Oct 19, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.

"Racist"? What do you mean by "racist"? I have never heard of any "fundies" (as normalphobes pejoratively call them) contend that the Homosexuals and the lesbians are any better than Africans.

Ronald

Location hidden

#164108 Oct 19, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
So the "creator" just popped of thin air.
<quoted text>
We don't have a creator. The SCOTUS can determine law, but not reality.
<quoted text>
I'm making fun of your making an issue of the use of the word "quote" WRT to something John Adams said, or was it something he wrote, or something....
Were you toilet trained at gun point?
And before you ask...
http://www.acronymfinder.com/Toilet_Trained-A...
<quoted text>
LOL. If you only knew...
You really aren't very bright are you? Do you need instruction on how to sign your welfare check?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164110 Oct 19, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice critique, but the fact remains that you have focused on nothing except that facile view that you wish us to focus on, thus ignoring the more complete description that I have previously stated. 2 men or 2 women cannot possibly substitute for the complete upbringing provided by a balanced and natural biological set of parents. These children would be denied the access to one or the other parent, and the result is that these children will be raised by one party who has no blood relationship with them. They will always be deprived of either a mother or a father role model. Same-sex “marriage” ignores a child’s best interests. Period.
Yours is a tired and fatuous argument, given that what children learn from loving parents is universal - love, patience, selflessness, joy, persistence, limits, loyalty, honesty, compassion, empathy, generosity, consistency, and hope. Teaching these things is a loving parent's job, and a loving set of parents does this job, regardless of their genders. Why don't you know this?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164112 Oct 19, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You miss the point. While the founders most certainly felt there was a "creator" in the fashion of a supreme being, the fact that science has lead away from that does not change the purpose and signifigance of the statement.
Creator does not have to be relegated to a "religion" in the context of this argument, it simply holds to the premise that we all have "right's" which are inherant in us simply by birth, they are not given nor can the be taken and the only purpose of government is to protect them.
If they are endowed, or 'given', akpilot, they do not need our flimsy mortal protection - we simply have them forever and always. Since they are impossible to lose, by your reckoning, it logically follows that Government is here to recognize and facilitate them, not 'protect' them, and therein lies a fallacy of today's politics. Inalienable endowed rights, cannot disappear - they can only fail to be recognized by one's government.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#164113 Oct 19, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought that you were catching on to a clue, not at all bringing up your LBGT frineds with all those qualities that you listed. Their bubble of cluelessness, etc., hasn't yet been muted, else you'd not be here now. Walk your own shoes. Your teen angst leaves me unmoved.
It's not teen angst, it's logic.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#164115 Oct 19, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>If they are endowed, or 'given', akpilot, they do not need our flimsy mortal protection - we simply have them forever and always. Since they are impossible to lose, by your reckoning, it logically follows that Government is here to recognize and facilitate them, not 'protect' them, and therein lies a fallacy of today's politics. Inalienable endowed rights, cannot disappear - they can only fail to be recognized by one's government.
Oy.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#164120 Oct 19, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds an awful lot like whining, to me.
To you.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#164121 Oct 19, 2012
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
To you.
And me.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#164124 Oct 19, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
Or Mike.
Mike probably thinks it's "TOO funny!"
Edgar

Spring, TX

#164125 Oct 19, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't whine to me. I don't care.
You don't care.

Which explains why you've spent so much time degrading people on this website with dozens upon dozens of condescending, hypocritical, bigoted, closed-minded, hateful comments.

Yep. You don't care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 43 min Eric 69,956
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Fri savvylocal 245
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2
Pacific Grove Girl Chelsie Hills Law suit. Rea... Oct 3 Siding with Toyota 1
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 23 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep 21 fancy 3

Beach Hazards Statement for Monterey County was issued at October 20 at 5:34AM PDT

Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey Jobs

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]