Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164144 Oct 19, 2012
Pardon again: "...Gays have families, friends, and acquaintances who are just as pertainent to their upbringing, as are those of the children of straights," should have read : "The children of gays have their parents' families, friends, and acquaintances, who are just as pertainent to their upbringing, as are those of the children of straights."

My apologies.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164145 Oct 19, 2012
And I still want to know what the bet is: Mama needs a new pair of shoes........

:)
Mildred

Los Angeles, CA

#164147 Oct 19, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
And I still want to know what the bet is: Mama needs a new pair of shoes........
:)
The bet is, dear...
... that you can mouth the sex organs of at least ten black unwashed men without gagging or vomiting. Nine folks on this thread believe you can, three don't.$16.39 is riding on this wager, Sister Kathryn.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#164148 Oct 19, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>If they are endowed, or 'given', akpilot, they do not need our flimsy mortal protection - we simply have them forever and always. Since they are impossible to lose, by your reckoning, it logically follows that Government is here to recognize and facilitate them, not 'protect' them, and therein lies a fallacy of today's politics. Inalienable endowed rights, cannot disappear - they can only fail to be recognized by one's government.
And the founders foresaw that as well. They were pretty smart..

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Tata

Westminster, CA

#164150 Oct 19, 2012
Big D wrote:
Tata you are obviously not educated enough to even be in this conversation
Most people with HIV today in the world are heterosexual
Learn just a little bit before posting, you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.
Yes I do ... STFU

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164152 Oct 19, 2012
Mildred wrote:
<quoted text>
The bet is, dear...
... that you can mouth the sex organs of at least ten black unwashed men without gagging or vomiting. Nine folks on this thread believe you can, three don't.$16.39 is riding on this wager, Sister Kathryn.
Wow.

I was looking for the wager - not the challenge. The challenge was offered already, and your 'fantasies' had no part in it.

I guess you owe me $16.39, sucker.

Message me to obtain the number of my pay pal account.

Next...
Tata

Westminster, CA

#164153 Oct 19, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
They dont like that fact, so they ignore it.
Ok I know you won't like this answer, but heteros can also get it from a female who Fked a bisexual homo who didn't have the smarts to wear protection and not tell the female he screwed.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164154 Oct 19, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
And the founders foresaw that as well. They were pretty smart..
Indeed.

One might even say 'brilliant'.

:)
Edgar

Spring, TX

#164155 Oct 19, 2012
Mildred wrote:
<quoted text>
The bet is, dear...
... that you can mouth the sex organs of at least ten black unwashed men without gagging or vomiting. Nine folks on this thread believe you can, three don't.$16.39 is riding on this wager, Sister Kathryn.
The hell are you?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#164156 Oct 19, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>If they are endowed, or 'given', akpilot, they do not need our flimsy mortal protection - we simply have them forever and always. Since they are impossible to lose, by your reckoning, it logically follows that Government is here to recognize and facilitate them, not 'protect' them, and therein lies a fallacy of today's politics. Inalienable endowed rights, cannot disappear - they can only fail to be recognized by one's government.
The fallacy of your argument is that you assume that because people and governments may attempt to infringe on your right's, and the fact that you may be at times forced to fight for said right's that they are somehow not "endowed."

You either accept the premise by which our republic was founded or you do not, but the historical fact behind its founding doesn't change based on your opinions.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#164157 Oct 19, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice critique, but the fact remains that you have focused on nothing except that facile view that you wish us to focus on, thus ignoring the more complete description that I have previously stated. 2 men or 2 women cannot possibly substitute for the complete upbringing provided by a balanced and natural biological set of parents. These children would be denied the access to one or the other parent, and the result is that these children will be raised by one party who has no blood relationship with them. They will always be deprived of either a mother or a father role model. Same-sex “marriage” ignores a child’s best interests. Period.
Rose's Law:
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"

People can have, adopt and raise kids without getting married. And marry without having, adopting or raising kids. So, tell us, when a gay couple is raising a kid, how not allowing the couple to marry helps the kid. Please be specific.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#164158 Oct 19, 2012
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.
"Racist"? What do you mean by "racist"? I have never heard of any "fundies" (as normalphobes pejoratively call them) contend that the Homosexuals and the lesbians are any better than Africans.
Ronald
Guess Jesus didn't know what he was doing when he died for black people, huh? You, a racist fundie, knows better than Jesus. Huh? LOLSER.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#164159 Oct 19, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You really aren't very bright are you? Do you need instruction on how to sign your welfare check?
You're a racist, too. Big shock there!
I knocked your sorry "argument" out of the park, so you just make racist insults.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#164160 Oct 19, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a racist, too. Big shock there!
I knocked your sorry "argument" out of the park, so you just make racist insults.
Is screaming "racist" your answer to everything? Do you think you win a debate this way?

Please Rose, time to tear up that card, it's tired and worn. There is nothing racist in my comment to you and I stand behind it.

You really aren't very bright are you? Do you need instruction on how to sign your welfare check?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#164161 Oct 19, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed.
One might even say 'brilliant'.
:)
I did. But it got lots of negative judge-its. Some said I was "mean" to say that. Some said "clueless"!

Don't gay people think the founders were brilliant? Or do you think it's just because it's me saying they were?

Let me know toots.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#164162 Oct 19, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a racist, too. Big shock there!
I knocked your sorry "argument" out of the park, so you just make racist insults.
Danth's Law.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#164163 Oct 19, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose's Law:
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"
People can have, adopt and raise kids without getting married. And marry without having, adopting or raising kids. So, tell us, when a gay couple is raising a kid, how not allowing the couple to marry helps the kid. Please be specific.
Yes! What about the children Rose_NoHo? You never say. You just say anyone who asks is a moron. What kind of dumb-assed "Law" is that?

Another thing I was wondering. Why are you a racist?
Winston Smith

Woodbridge, VA

#164164 Oct 19, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Winnie. Your hero Rose_NoHo promised to never respond to me ever again (what a dope!). So you're on your own defending her, she won't help.
Good Luck Jackass.
That makes three responses to me just dropping a light hearted quip. You seem a bit testy. Does this mean I won?

{charliesheenmode}WINNING!{/ch arliesheenmode}

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#164165 Oct 19, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
But I DO know those things, I am merely looking the finished product, as it were, of missing elements. You named a fine set of qualities, but you are simplifying the issue, and thereby avoiding the rest of the picture.
You're into magical thinking. You figure there is "something" a male parent can give a child a female parent can't. Yet, you can never tell us what this "something" is.
Winston Smith

Woodbridge, VA

#164166 Oct 19, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeech. What a mental picture. Winnie's parents creating him. Too much information.
At least both of mine were human. As such it sure beats the image of your conception. A lonely old duffer tossing off into a jar full of slugs.*hurl*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 11 hr L Morales 71,257
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 23 Kristen Scannell ... 2
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1

Freeze Warning for Monterey County was issued at December 27 at 2:57AM PST

Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:31 am PST