Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,227)

Showing posts 144,521 - 144,540 of200,319
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Since your flatulence continues, I have to agree it was a waste.
You mean the hag in the habit?
:)
Slow morning eh toots?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Slow morning eh toots?
So far, yes. I'm here for fun - and you're not supplying it.

Get with the program.

:P
RetardO

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Is this another sister, sister act?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

True I donít look around to see who I can deny rights to, in an American, I value freedom.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
True I donít look around to see who I can deny rights to, in an American, I value freedom.
Wow! cool.
FT record

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

For the record, it was President Obama who authorized the mission; it happened on his watch, so he gets credit.
Tata

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Big D wrote:
Last time I looked there were some 18,000 legal gay marriages in the state of California, I donít happen to be gay, but I noticed their getting married didnít hurt my marriage in any way at all, I feel sorry for the religious folks whose marriage are so fragile that they claim it hurt theirs.
Take a closer look at your utility bills, and any other public service bill or fees (tax), these are state wide. Although these extra costs are above and beyond your actual utility usage, they off set the cost to finance meds to the Aids/HIV patients for one example, there are others however. Most company health insurance will not pay for a pre-existing illness such as and AIDS/HIV patient. The state very carefully blends these hidden costs in you monthly bills, clever huh ??? It's obvious that SSM is taking advantage of this thinking that by marring they can get double coverage. It sounds complicating because it is most people don't look at the real reasont for tax/fee increases they just pay them.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a closer look at your utility bills, and any other public service bill or fees (tax), these are state wide. Although these extra costs are above and beyond your actual utility usage, they off set the cost to finance meds to the Aids/HIV patients for one example, there are others however. Most company health insurance will not pay for a pre-existing illness such as and AIDS/HIV patient. The state very carefully blends these hidden costs in you monthly bills, clever huh ??? It's obvious that SSM is taking advantage of this thinking that by marring they can get double coverage. It sounds complicating because it is most people don't look at the real reasont for tax/fee increases they just pay them.
Yep, hidden medical costs in our utility bills.......are you paranoid? or just simply an azz Bruno?

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

FT record wrote:
For the record, it was President Obama who authorized the mission; it happened on his watch, so he gets credit.
And it was the House Republicans who failed to provide funding for the extra security that was asked for.......so, yes the President is overall responsible for the mission.......but the Republicans have blood on their hands as well......Boehner has done everything in his power to make the President look as bad as he can!!!

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Not once have I used religion as a point in this debate, so again:
This has nothing to do with religion, so come up with a rational argument.
Perhaps you missed my point. I was saying that the only arguments that anyone has been able to come up with are based on religion. Without using false translations of the Bible, the anti-SSM crowd looses any semblance of validity.

And of course, the religious argument fails since the rules of one person's religion have NO bearing on the behavior of people who believe differently.

Beyond that, it simply comes down to the application of the 14th amendment. ALL citizens, INCLUDING unpopular minorities, are entitled to equal protection under the law. Discrimination against a minority requires a compelling state interest, but there is no compelling state interest in denying gays their right to marry.

This would hold true even if sexual orientation were merely a matter of choice, but the current scientific evidence shows that there is a genetic or epigenetic nature to orientation. Thus, the situation is completely analogous to allowing different races to marry, which the courts have already declared a basic right.

Some people vainly attempt to claim that the lack of children (without artificial aid) inhibits the right of gays to marry, yet there is no fertility test for heterosexual couple prior to marriage, not even a question of intent to have children is required. Thus, the lack of intrinsic childbearing capability cannot be viewed as a valid argument against SSM.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your point? That the Federal government extended the practice of voting to women?
That in and of itself shows that it is not a "right", it is a privilege.
But if it makes us feel better to call it a "right" so be it, doesn't change reality.
No, it does NOT change voting from a right to a privilege. It merely indicates that prior to that time, women were categorically DENIED their right to vote, for no valid reason beyond the mere fact that they were of a different gender than the Founding Fathers. Hey, the Founding Fathers were good. Considering that they had to invent all of this from scratch, they were incredibly good. But they still suffered from the prejudidices of their time.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think I am a child, then you are delirious. How can you promote something "icky" ?
Silly child, I refer to your mental age...

As for promoting something "icky", I don't. I do not "promote" anal sex, oral sex, vaginal sex, or axillary sex (that's: "armpit"). What I DO promote, indeed I insist upon, is that consenting adults have the right to perform and and all sexual actions to which they can agree. Note that KEY phrase: "consenting adults".

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Don't need to. Got what I need. You?
Are you comming out? Well good for you. I am sure you can and will find love, just not from me. My wife does not share her fella.
Edgar

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly child, I refer to your mental age...
As for promoting something "icky", I don't. I do not "promote" anal sex, oral sex, vaginal sex, or axillary sex (that's: "armpit"). What I DO promote, indeed I insist upon, is that consenting adults have the right to perform and and all sexual actions to which they can agree. Note that KEY phrase: "consenting adults".
I take it then that you and yours are okay with her being filmed with burros and you fellating black men since you are both consenting adults.

Right?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, wise guy, how about prostitution ?
well, what about it? It is an act between consenting adults, an agreement to exchange a service for payment.

Oh, there are certainly potential complicating factors, like the possibility of one person being breaching a promise of fidelity to an outside party. And of course, sex trafficking removes the point of consent from one party. And of course, since it involves some degree of promiscuity, even with safe sex precautions, there is a risk of disease. But even with these considerations, there are remedies within the legal framework that raise serious questions regarding the validity of the laws creating a blanket prohibition of prostitution.
Tata

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, hidden medical costs in our utility bills.......are you paranoid? or just simply an azz Bruno?
Fkk off.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you comming out? Well good for you. I am sure you can and will find love, just not from me. My wife does not share her fella.
Like I said, I have what I need. I'm real proud that you do too!

I certainly don't need or want your gnarly ass or your wife's either. Why would you ask?

P.S. Maybe I am gay. So what? You some kind of homophobe or something?

TOO FUNNY!
Edgar

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you comming out? Well good for you. I am sure you can and will find love, just not from me. My wife does not share her fella.
You're nuts. I cyber boned your missus two nites ago. She's a great on-line ho!
Edgar

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it then that you and yours are okay with her being filmed with burros and you fellating black men since you are both consenting adults.
Right?
nice try, bro.

next time, hide your location. I don't live in LA.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
Right?
That Jazzybird58 jackass might want some of that action. He and his wife just hit on me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 144,521 - 144,540 of200,319
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••