Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,225)

Showing posts 144,481 - 144,500 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a suggestion for you....try watching "Animal Planet" some night when 2 ferocious felines are having a life and death struggle, and then get back to me.
Are the animals going to talk about consent WRT sex? About law and murder?

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of like your nonsense about quoting the Declaration of Independence is presenting a "religious" argument.
You really are an idiot Rose.

The quote, or was it something other than a quote? LOL.
The quote claimed our rights were given to us by a creator. That's a religious argument.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
Civil, perhaps, when redefined by an administration that hasn't the guts to ignore the minority and defend the majority of us, sweetz, but you are ignoring the facts.
The ONLY marriages in question here are CIVIL MARRIAGES, buttercup, you know, the ones recognized by the government, whether your place of worship would recognize them or not. As far as me being the one who is ignoring the facts, this ought to be funny.
R Hudson wrote:
Marriage is for normal couples.
If it is for "normal" couples only, SOMEBODY really needs to look up the meaning of the word normal. Google "shrek wedding" and get back to us.
R Hudson wrote:
Why not just stab ass in the dark and stop subjecting the rest of us this relentless attacking of something that so many of us hold sacred ?
Strange that you could manage to work your homoerotic fantasy and the concept of sacredness into the same thought. Google "star wars wedding" and get back to us.
R Hudson wrote:
Your selfish, needful attempt to be legitimized is nothing short of obscene.
We love you too dear, not to forget to mention your selfish attempts to deny us equality under the laws of our own nation and legitimize bigotry in the name of your version of "God", for no other reason than you lacking the coping skills to think of people who are different from you as being your legal equal. Obscenity is in the eye of the beholder, cupcake.
R Hudson wrote:
We appreciate that you need the approval of the rest of us to feel validated, but spare us the walk into indiscriminate moralities.
Hon, your validation is neither required nor even being sought. You are free to approve, disapprove or be completely ambivalent to anyone's homosexuality, even your own. It is what the laws that we are all required to live by has to say on the subject that matters, nothing more. Not even what you say is your version of God's opinion is.
R Hudson wrote:
You wish to cheapen what most of us hold as a basic tenet of society.
http://www.worldrecordacademy. com/society/most_married_woman -world_record_set_by_Linda_Wol fe_90178.htm You were saying?
R Hudson wrote:
This world is insane enough, without your kind adding to general madness.
Oh dear, dear, dear, your 'issues' are our problem and that of our rights, how exactly?

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are simply incapable of comprehending rationality. Leave it to the grown-ups.
You still haven't come up with a rational argument against gay marriage.
Edgar

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
And you must not. You must feel diminished. I would, if I'd blundered like that.:-D But, then again, I didn't.
That was all you. Oops.
i question your ability to avoid sounding douchey, good sir, as you have yet to do so

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice one, Mike, Nice.
Danth's Law (also known as Parker's Law) states:
“If you have to insist that you've won an Internet argument, you've probably lost badly.”
As in...
"Oh, I almost forgot....
You may be right, if you exclude post #163847, in its entirety, of course."?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOLSER, if you only knew!
This is a perfect example of your childish posts I was referring to.

Good work Rose.
Edgar

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
As you had accused me of cheating, I wished for you to express your meaning, but I guess I expected too much from you...
I feel Meriam-Webster's meaning of the word supersedes mine. So you can now use the word "cheat" or "cheating" in accurate context in conversations for years to come.

If this were twitter, this would be the part where I'd say "#ideserveanaward"

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Civil, perhaps, when redefined by an administration that hasn't the guts to ignore the minority and defend the majority of us, sweetz, but you are ignoring the facts.
How could gay marriage harm the majority?
R Hudson wrote:
Marriage is for normal couples.
Marriage is a basic right, you don't have to be "normal", whatever that means.
R Hudson wrote:
Why not just stab ass in the dark and stop subjecting the rest of us this relentless attacking of something that so many of us hold sacred ?
Can't get your mind off of men having anal sex with each other, huh?
R Hudson wrote:
Your selfish, needful attempt to be legitimized is nothing short of obscene.
YOU are the selfish one, expecting people to deny themselves basic rights so as not to offend you. Fk what you hold sacred.
R Hudson wrote:
We appreciate that you need the approval of the rest of us to feel validated, but spare us the walk into indiscriminate moralities. You wish to cheapen what most of us hold as a basic tenet of society. This world is insane enough, without your kind adding to general madness.

You still haven't come up with a RATIONAL argument against gay marriage. Your superstitions don't count. Superstitions are irrational.
Edgar

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry that education chafes at you so.
Nonononono there is a difference between educated behavior and douchey behavior.

Educated behavior = me
Douchey behavior = you

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
They can teach you about something, blockhead, like consent in its simplest terms. They don't show the animals having higher (IRT you) discussions WRT anal sex, as children might be watching, and they have higher standards than you would promote....
So, if children weren't watching, the animals would be having discussions about anal sex?
Edgar

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really trying to be obtuse ?
Hint: go to Merriam-Webster for help with that word...
REALLY GON GO DERE
WHICH ONE OF US ASKED FOR THE DEFINITION BRAH

WHICH ONE OF US TOOK TIME OUT OF HIS DAY TO TEACH YOU THE MEANING OF THE WORD "CHEAT"

I DESERVE CREDIT BRAH.

You bring out the Hulk in me.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I can, you are both a man and a woman and you hate Asians.
WTF? I'm just a woman, and Asians? LOL. What have I said about Asians? I have no animosity against them at all.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

No animosity towards them at all.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>...Bla bla bla...Oh dear, dear, dear, your 'issues' are our problem and that of our rights, how exactly?
Same question to you butter-tits.
Edgar

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen, fruitcake, I ain't a fundie. Start with that.
Second, we ain't denying you anything, you are the ones asking for special treatment.
Homoerotic ? are you kidding ? I thought you knew that I was against homo-anything.
Google this and google that ? All childish things, to be sure, are you old enough to be using yer daddies computer ?
You're making our government waste its time by debating your depravity. That's how, swizzle stick. After you get your coveted approval and protection, you will move onto more lowering of the bar. You show no discernment or ability to realize that sticking a p3nis into an anus is wrong and filthy. Not to mention unsanitary.
sorry, i'm having too much fun reading your comments in the voice of Swedish Chef from the Muppets

however Swedish Chef makes more sense than you

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
The quote, or was it something other than a quote? LOL.
The quote claimed our rights were given to us by a creator. That's a religious argument.
No Rose, your feeble mind has failed you again.

There is no argument, religious or otherwise, in this country our right's are endowed by our creator. Don't like it, move.

BTW, the SCOTUS agrees:

"The first official action of this nation declared the foundation of government in these words:'We hold these truths to be selfevident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.' While such declaration of principles may not have the force of organic law, or be made the basis of judicial decision as to the limits of right and duty, and while in all cases reference must be had to the organic law of the nation for such limits, yet the latter is but the body and the letter of which the former is the thought and the spirit, and it is always safe to read the letter of the Constitution in the spirit of the Declaration of Independence."- COTTING v. GODARD, 183 U.S. 79 (1901)

"It is to be remembered, that the government of the United States is based on the principles promulgated in the Declaration of Independence, by the congress of 1776; "that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness; and that to secure these rights, governments are instituted."-The Amistad, 40 U.S. 518 (1841)

Now go argue your nonsense with them.
Edgar

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy the crack, son. You're out there where the corn grows.
"Enjoy the crack, son."

Says the guy who rages out against the concept of anal sex
Edgar

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You deserve credit for being the real douche. You knew i meant for you to explain yerself, but acted as if I needed to learn what the word meant, instead of showing a higher grasp, which you think you did, anyway. Delusional. Nah, brah, you deserve a smack in the head. A good one upside da head.
you have such a colorful sense of humor

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen, fruitcake, I ain't a fundie. Start with that.
Second, we ain't denying you anything, you are the ones asking for special treatment.
Homoerotic ? are you kidding ? I thought you knew that I was against homo-anything.
Google this and google that ? All childish things, to be sure, are you old enough to be using yer daddies computer ?
You're making our government waste its time by debating your depravity. That's how, swizzle stick. After you get your coveted approval and protection, you will move onto more lowering of the bar. You show no discernment or ability to realize that sticking a p3nis into an anus is wrong and filthy. Not to mention unsanitary.

You homophobes try to equate homosexuality with anal sex, and try to use anal sex to demonize gays. But the reality is most men into anal sex are straight. Do you think your mom was being wrong and filthy when she gave your dad a "backstage pass"?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 144,481 - 144,500 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Monterey Discussions

Search the Monterey Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min former res 65,279
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr Open Market Canada 15,673
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 1 hr Scrubbers 7,306
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sat Drafty 4,559
Jodi Arias' ex-boyfriend was womanizing cheater... (Apr '13) Sat hasterd 4
Youngster dies in police chase on Highway 1 in ... (Jul '10) Apr 16 Lorraine 29
CA Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Apr 13 Just fine 3,746
•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance