Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,167

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#164011 Oct 19, 2012
Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a closer look at your utility bills, and any other public service bill or fees (tax), these are state wide. Although these extra costs are above and beyond your actual utility usage, they off set the cost to finance meds to the Aids/HIV patients for one example, there are others however. Most company health insurance will not pay for a pre-existing illness such as and AIDS/HIV patient. The state very carefully blends these hidden costs in you monthly bills, clever huh ??? It's obvious that SSM is taking advantage of this thinking that by marring they can get double coverage. It sounds complicating because it is most people don't look at the real reasont for tax/fee increases they just pay them.
What are you talking about, heterosexuals get HIV the same as homosexuals, last time I looked more HIV victims were heterosexual in the world than homosexual.

You need to become a tad more educated before you post garbage.

I am in favor of research into the cures of a lot of diseases including HIV, but then I am actually a compassionate person, not a member of the current day Spanish Inquisition
Big D

Modesto, CA

#164012 Oct 19, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike the Founding Fathers, we now have science that shows that a creator is not necessary for our existence...
No, the Big Bang theory and evolution do not, in and of themselves, "prove" that there is no creator (science can not do that!), but they work quite well to explain existence without invoking supernatural actions.
Interesting to note, the one of the greatest early advocates of the "Big Bang" was a religious individual and saw it as a positive for creationism.

Georges Lemaître

However that is not what they are told to say from the pulput today so it has sort of gone by the wayside.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#164013 Oct 19, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about, heterosexuals get HIV the same as homosexuals, last time I looked more HIV victims were heterosexual in the world than homosexual.
You need to become a tad more educated before you post garbage.
I am in favor of research into the cures of a lot of diseases including HIV, but then I am actually a compassionate person, not a member of the current day Spanish Inquisition
Yeah, yeah we know you're very compassionate and freedom loving etc. And we're real proud of you for it Fruitcake.

But there is no current day Spanish Inquisition son. What are you high or something?
Frisbee

Portland, OR

#164014 Oct 19, 2012
akpilot wrote:
We know you don't like facts.
Says the guy who thinks the Constitution doesn't Enumerate Rights.
The guy who, in his latest escalation of insanity, claims that the Right to vote doesn't exist...
Never mind the TEXT of the 19th Amendment to the CONSTITUTION....

It's hard to fathom someone SO stupid being SUCH an an arrogant asshole, thinking they are smart, but here you are.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#164015 Oct 19, 2012
Big D wrote:
Yes Jefferson, Madison and the other writers knew who they were writing for, and worded it in such a way as to apply to any religion, or none at all.
Master stroke that was.
It is easy to think of them as geniuses, but to be honest all of history and all the nations of Europe had already shown beyond all doubt that a nation founded upon a region, any religion was doomed to failure and strife.
Their choice to not found this nation upon any religion, was a no-brainer from their standpoint.
Exactly. The Founding Fathers knew enough history to remember the more than a century and a half of religious wars, where Christian killed Christian over trivial matters of doctrine.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164016 Oct 19, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, hidden medical costs in our utility bills.......are you paranoid? or just simply an azz Bruno?
He's paranoid. Everyone knows medical costs are 'hidden' in sales taxes - on things like tobacco, alcohol, and firearms.

Look it up.

Location hidden

#164017 Oct 19, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
What an incredibly stupid question, on numerous points, but most specifically: I have no interest in fellating men of ANY race, she has no interest in beastiality,(and the burro CANNOT consent in any event), and neither of us is interested in creating film for public consumption.
Bravo!!

You bring a level of intelligence to these threads which I find exceptionally refreshing.

Thank-you, and good morning.

:)
Big D

Modesto, CA

#164018 Oct 19, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, yeah we know you're very compassionate and freedom loving etc. And we're real proud of you for it Fruitcake.
But there is no current day Spanish Inquisition son. What are you high or something?
Sure there is, there are politicians out there that want to get into our daughters panties and tell them what they are allowed to do and not allowed to do with their own reproductive system.

There are those out there ( some in this forum ) that would like sexual behavior and orientation governed by REALLY BIG government that gets right down into the very fabric of our lives.

There are those out there that want a specific religion mandated by the government., with freedoms for some religions, but not others.( notice that people that want religion in schools are not particularly in favor of Hinduism or Islam in our schools, let alone FSM )

They are still here, it is just that they have a much harder road to travel as every American patriot is opposed to them.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#164020 Oct 19, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Bravo!!
You bring a level of intelligence to these threads which I find exceptionally refreshing.
Thank-you, and good morning.
:)
You just told me you were here for fun. Now you're looking for intelligence? I think you just say what you think the gentlemen want to hear you little floozy.
heartandmind

Europe

#164021 Oct 19, 2012
and another ruling against DOMA.....3 judge panel ruled in NY.

one step closer to equality, my friends.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#164022 Oct 19, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, I have what I need. I'm real proud that you do too!
I certainly don't need or want your gnarly ass or your wife's either. Why would you ask?
P.S. Maybe I am gay. So what? You some kind of homophobe or something?
TOO FUNNY!
Too funny, thats not what you said.....

Mike DiRucci wrote:

<quoted text>
Nope. Don't need to. Got what I need. You.

Sorry Buttercup, learn to troll, you suck at it.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#164023 Oct 19, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You just told me you were here for fun. Now you're looking for intelligence? I think you just say what you think the gentlemen want to hear you little floozy.
She is looking for intelligent conversation, you don't fill her minimums requirements. Move on , perhaps you will find what you are looking for in the WV threads.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#164024 Oct 19, 2012
heartandmind wrote:
and another ruling against DOMA.....3 judge panel ruled in NY.
one step closer to equality, my friends.
Yes I noticed that yesterday

It is as I have been telling my gay friends for a while now, it will just take some time.

Right is accelerating however, it took decades for the emancipation of slaves, and decades for the equality of women ( still in progress by some accounts ) this is coming very quickly.

It may seem like it is taking a long time... but it is not, this is really fast from a historical perspective.

As old prejudices fall away from our maturing society, as there is less reliance on belief and more assurance in science, the right thing to do is becoming more obvious, and easier to champion.

We are finally starting to grow up, belief in Santa Claus ( chuckle ) is waning, and it is about time.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#164025 Oct 19, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure there is, there are politicians out there that want to get into our daughters panties and tell them what they are allowed to do and not allowed to do with their own reproductive system.
There are those out there ( some in this forum ) that would like sexual behavior and orientation governed by REALLY BIG government that gets right down into the very fabric of our lives.
There are those out there that want a specific religion mandated by the government., with freedoms for some religions, but not others.( notice that people that want religion in schools are not particularly in favor of Hinduism or Islam in our schools, let alone FSM )
They are still here, it is just that they have a much harder road to travel as every American patriot is opposed to them.
Too long to read. Some Spanish guys are trying to get in your daughter's panties?
Cornelius Hawthorne

Oakley, CA

#164026 Oct 19, 2012
Ever since this ruling was announced sales of Hawthorne wipes have increased 1500% YAY!!!

Location hidden

#164027 Oct 19, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, I don't know about you Mikey, but I find intelligent conversation one of the most fun things to do, regardless of the venue. This particular venue is burdened with a plethora of un-fun conversation, to which you regularly contribute, as you have done here.

(Strictly MY opinion, of course.)

Step up to the plate, why don'tcha?
Got skilz?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#164028 Oct 19, 2012
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>She is looking for intelligent conversation, you don't fill her minimums requirements. Move on , perhaps you will find what you are looking for in the WV threads.
You speak for her? She your wife? You found her in "WV"?

"WV". West Virginia? You're bigoted against West Virginians? Booker T Washington? Pearl Buck? Don Knotts? Chuck Yeager?

You have to stop this matchmaking you big dopey yenta. As I've told you over and over I'm very happy with my partner and not shopping.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#164029 Oct 19, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Gee, I don't know about you Mikey, but I find intelligent conversation one of the most fun things to do, regardless of the venue. This particular venue is burdened with a plethora of un-fun conversation, to which you regularly contribute, as you have done here.
(Strictly MY opinion, of course.)
Step up to the plate, why don'tcha?
Got skilz?
You say go away but your repeated posts to me say come closer.

All you floozies are like that. That's why I like you! Hot cha cha cha!
Frank Rizzo

Des Moines, IA

#164030 Oct 19, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You say go away but your repeated posts to me say come closer.
All you floozies are like that. That's why I like you! Hot cha cha cha!
Back off, sizzle chest!!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#164031 Oct 19, 2012
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Too funny, thats not what you said.....
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Don't need to. Got what I need. You.
Sorry Buttercup, learn to troll, you suck at it.
I can edit your posts for comedy too, but I would do it much funnier and less spiteful. You mad or something?

"Buttercup"? You said you were straight. Are you fibbing to me fruitcake?

I seem to elicit dumb responses from you with every post so my troll works fine tough guy!

P.S. Hinting that I a may be gay is not funny, you homophobe. Get some new less hateful and bigoted schtick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 hr JOEL 71,012
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 12 Alex Montgomery 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web