Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201887 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#163998 Oct 19, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your point? That the Federal government extended the practice of voting to women?
That in and of itself shows that it is not a "right", it is a privilege.
But if it makes us feel better to call it a "right" so be it, doesn't change reality.
No, it does NOT change voting from a right to a privilege. It merely indicates that prior to that time, women were categorically DENIED their right to vote, for no valid reason beyond the mere fact that they were of a different gender than the Founding Fathers. Hey, the Founding Fathers were good. Considering that they had to invent all of this from scratch, they were incredibly good. But they still suffered from the prejudidices of their time.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#163999 Oct 19, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think I am a child, then you are delirious. How can you promote something "icky" ?
Silly child, I refer to your mental age...

As for promoting something "icky", I don't. I do not "promote" anal sex, oral sex, vaginal sex, or axillary sex (that's: "armpit"). What I DO promote, indeed I insist upon, is that consenting adults have the right to perform and and all sexual actions to which they can agree. Note that KEY phrase: "consenting adults".

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#164000 Oct 19, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Don't need to. Got what I need. You?
Are you comming out? Well good for you. I am sure you can and will find love, just not from me. My wife does not share her fella.
Edgar

Corona, CA

#164001 Oct 19, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly child, I refer to your mental age...
As for promoting something "icky", I don't. I do not "promote" anal sex, oral sex, vaginal sex, or axillary sex (that's: "armpit"). What I DO promote, indeed I insist upon, is that consenting adults have the right to perform and and all sexual actions to which they can agree. Note that KEY phrase: "consenting adults".
I take it then that you and yours are okay with her being filmed with burros and you fellating black men since you are both consenting adults.

Right?

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#164002 Oct 19, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, wise guy, how about prostitution ?
well, what about it? It is an act between consenting adults, an agreement to exchange a service for payment.

Oh, there are certainly potential complicating factors, like the possibility of one person being breaching a promise of fidelity to an outside party. And of course, sex trafficking removes the point of consent from one party. And of course, since it involves some degree of promiscuity, even with safe sex precautions, there is a risk of disease. But even with these considerations, there are remedies within the legal framework that raise serious questions regarding the validity of the laws creating a blanket prohibition of prostitution.
Tata

Corona, CA

#164003 Oct 19, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, hidden medical costs in our utility bills.......are you paranoid? or just simply an azz Bruno?
Fkk off.

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#164004 Oct 19, 2012
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you comming out? Well good for you. I am sure you can and will find love, just not from me. My wife does not share her fella.
Like I said, I have what I need. I'm real proud that you do too!

I certainly don't need or want your gnarly ass or your wife's either. Why would you ask?

P.S. Maybe I am gay. So what? You some kind of homophobe or something?

TOO FUNNY!
Edgar

Corona, CA

#164005 Oct 19, 2012
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you comming out? Well good for you. I am sure you can and will find love, just not from me. My wife does not share her fella.
You're nuts. I cyber boned your missus two nites ago. She's a great on-line ho!
Edgar

Spring, TX

#164006 Oct 19, 2012
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it then that you and yours are okay with her being filmed with burros and you fellating black men since you are both consenting adults.
Right?
nice try, bro.

next time, hide your location. I don't live in LA.

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#164007 Oct 19, 2012
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it then that you and yours are okay with her being filmed with burros and you fellating black men since you are both consenting adults.
Right?
That Jazzybird58 jackass might want some of that action. He and his wife just hit on me.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#164008 Oct 19, 2012
LBer wrote:
Hay all (what up Rose!),
Sorry, been away on business; too busy.
Found this article in the Military Press; note how our liberal left media continued the Vietnam war:
General Vo Nguyen Giap, the North Vietnamese general, the architect of the military campaign that finally drove the U.S. out of South Vietnam in 1975, is cited as crediting Presidential aspirant John Kerry and his VVAW with helping them achieve victory. In Giap's 1985 memoir about the war, he wrote that if it weren't for organizations like Kerry's Vietnam Veterans Against the War, Hanoi would have surrendered to the U.S." Giap was quoted as saying, "What we still don't understand is why you Americans stopped the bombing of Hanoi. You had us on the ropes. If you had pressed us a little harder, just for another day or two, we were ready to surrender! It was the same at the battles of TET. You defeated us! We knew it, and we thought you knew it. But, we were elated to notice the media were definitely helping us. They were causing more disruption in America than we could in the battlefields. Yes, we were ready to surrender. You had won!"
Old news. Any body who looks at the facts knows that we had won the military campaign. In fact, when we called them to the table to negotiate our withdrawal, they were expecting us to open up with a demand to surrender.

But it is purely partisan politics to try and place the blame on Kerry and the VAW. The American press was broadcasting the war right into people's livingrooms every night on the news. People were tired of the images of death and destruction. The VAW was only one group among many who were protesting the war.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#164009 Oct 19, 2012
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it then that you and yours are okay with her being filmed with burros and you fellating black men since you are both consenting adults.
Right?
What an incredibly stupid question, on numerous points, but most specifically: I have no interest in fellating men of ANY race, she has no interest in beastiality,(and the burro CANNOT consent in any event), and neither of us is interested in creating film for public consumption.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#164010 Oct 19, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
We all have a creator Rose, do you think we just pop out of thin air?
Unlike the Founding Fathers, we now have science that shows that a creator is not necessary for our existence...

No, the Big Bang theory and evolution do not, in and of themselves, "prove" that there is no creator (science can not do that!), but they work quite well to explain existence without invoking supernatural actions.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#164011 Oct 19, 2012
Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a closer look at your utility bills, and any other public service bill or fees (tax), these are state wide. Although these extra costs are above and beyond your actual utility usage, they off set the cost to finance meds to the Aids/HIV patients for one example, there are others however. Most company health insurance will not pay for a pre-existing illness such as and AIDS/HIV patient. The state very carefully blends these hidden costs in you monthly bills, clever huh ??? It's obvious that SSM is taking advantage of this thinking that by marring they can get double coverage. It sounds complicating because it is most people don't look at the real reasont for tax/fee increases they just pay them.
What are you talking about, heterosexuals get HIV the same as homosexuals, last time I looked more HIV victims were heterosexual in the world than homosexual.

You need to become a tad more educated before you post garbage.

I am in favor of research into the cures of a lot of diseases including HIV, but then I am actually a compassionate person, not a member of the current day Spanish Inquisition
Big D

Modesto, CA

#164012 Oct 19, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike the Founding Fathers, we now have science that shows that a creator is not necessary for our existence...
No, the Big Bang theory and evolution do not, in and of themselves, "prove" that there is no creator (science can not do that!), but they work quite well to explain existence without invoking supernatural actions.
Interesting to note, the one of the greatest early advocates of the "Big Bang" was a religious individual and saw it as a positive for creationism.

Georges LemaƮtre

However that is not what they are told to say from the pulput today so it has sort of gone by the wayside.

Mike DiRucci

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#164013 Oct 19, 2012
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about, heterosexuals get HIV the same as homosexuals, last time I looked more HIV victims were heterosexual in the world than homosexual.
You need to become a tad more educated before you post garbage.
I am in favor of research into the cures of a lot of diseases including HIV, but then I am actually a compassionate person, not a member of the current day Spanish Inquisition
Yeah, yeah we know you're very compassionate and freedom loving etc. And we're real proud of you for it Fruitcake.

But there is no current day Spanish Inquisition son. What are you high or something?
Frisbee

Vancouver, WA

#164014 Oct 19, 2012
akpilot wrote:
We know you don't like facts.
Says the guy who thinks the Constitution doesn't Enumerate Rights.
The guy who, in his latest escalation of insanity, claims that the Right to vote doesn't exist...
Never mind the TEXT of the 19th Amendment to the CONSTITUTION....

It's hard to fathom someone SO stupid being SUCH an an arrogant asshole, thinking they are smart, but here you are.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#164015 Oct 19, 2012
Big D wrote:
Yes Jefferson, Madison and the other writers knew who they were writing for, and worded it in such a way as to apply to any religion, or none at all.
Master stroke that was.
It is easy to think of them as geniuses, but to be honest all of history and all the nations of Europe had already shown beyond all doubt that a nation founded upon a region, any religion was doomed to failure and strife.
Their choice to not found this nation upon any religion, was a no-brainer from their standpoint.
Exactly. The Founding Fathers knew enough history to remember the more than a century and a half of religious wars, where Christian killed Christian over trivial matters of doctrine.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164016 Oct 19, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, hidden medical costs in our utility bills.......are you paranoid? or just simply an azz Bruno?
He's paranoid. Everyone knows medical costs are 'hidden' in sales taxes - on things like tobacco, alcohol, and firearms.

Look it up.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#164017 Oct 19, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
What an incredibly stupid question, on numerous points, but most specifically: I have no interest in fellating men of ANY race, she has no interest in beastiality,(and the burro CANNOT consent in any event), and neither of us is interested in creating film for public consumption.
Bravo!!

You bring a level of intelligence to these threads which I find exceptionally refreshing.

Thank-you, and good morning.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where can I find heroin in monterey? (Oct '14) Dec 2 FordEracing123 85
Where can I find legit black in Salinas asap!? Nov 27 Cjay22 8
News A cold case revisited: The night Dolly Evans di... Nov 21 HD vacaville 2
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Nov 16 Helen Banks Curry 1,549
News Marina mayora s race: Incumbent Bruce Delgado v... Nov '16 Seattle Doug 1
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Oct '16 Agnostic 72,043
News Editorial: Yes on Measure E Oct '16 Kelly Sorenson 1

Monterey Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages