Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Edgar

Spring, TX

#163901 Oct 18, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheating ? How ?
Oh, silly me, the use of multisyllabbic words, jeez, I didn't mean to frighten you, want me to use smaller words ?
wel i meen if u want 2 stoop down 2 mi lvl off thinkin i meen bi al meens plz do

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#163903 Oct 18, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You fell for it. Now, I will never reply to you again! LOLSER! And you'll keep posting more and more /toabout me, trying to get my attention, and response. But you won't get one.
Gotcha.
SO Funny!
Edgar

Spring, TX

#163905 Oct 18, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yu fayled 2 defin wot yu ment bi cheeting, butt ur jowk woz wel receeved
You want me to define cheating?

Um...okay!

Definition of CHEAT
transitive verb
1: to deprive of something valuable by the use of deceit or fraud
2: to influence or lead by deceit, trick, or artifice
3: to elude or thwart by or as if by outwitting <cheat death>
intransitive verb
1a : to practice fraud or trickery b : to violate rules dishonestly <cheat at cards> <cheating on a test> (which applies here hmmehhh)
2: to be sexually unfaithful —usually used with on <was cheating on his wife>
3: to position oneself defensively near a particular area in anticipation of a play in that area <the shortstop was cheating toward second base>
Tata

Westminster, CA

#163906 Oct 18, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you can't tell I'm a woman because you con dumb men and women look so much alike. Guys with big boobs and guts that make it look like they are in the 9th month. Can't see their members, because their bellies hang down past them.
You mean like that tub of lard, fruit Liam lol .. Take your head out of the gutter agian you tranny
Tata

Westminster, CA

#163907 Oct 18, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one who can't tell a woman from a man, and you can't name a race I don't like.
Yes I can, you are both a man and a woman and you hate Asians.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#163915 Oct 18, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
Nice cut and paste work, Einstein.
You must feel so accomplished.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#163916 Oct 18, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Rights, as defined by..........who ? You ?
The Supreme Court. Ever hear of them?
R Hudson wrote:
Marriage is an institution.
You'd know about institutions...
R Hudson wrote:
Procreation is traditionally the endgame of marriage.
So what? Tradition and law are different things. You don't have to have any desire or ability to procreate in order to marry.
R Hudson wrote:
Moron's Law: Make up some bullshit psychobabble rhetoric that is intended to silence the opposition.
Well, then I'm no moron. The last thing I want to do is silence you.
R Hudson wrote:
Just because you can does not mean that you should. Like you having access to a computer.
A bunch of BS is a fine way of labeling what you do every night, on this forum.
As far as procreation, the 21st century redefinition of marriage may render this an academic point, but traditional, REAL marriage can be annulled due to lack of fertility.
It can be annulled for all sorts of reasons. But that doesn't mean you have to be able to procreate in order to marry.
R Hudson wrote:
Treating you as a rational adult is, indeed, a slippery slope fallacy.
You really should look up the term...
Edgar

Spring, TX

#163917 Oct 18, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
From our friendly neighborhood:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/che...
I QUOTED FROM MERIAM WEBSTER TO GIVE YOU THE MOST INFORMED DEFINITION OF "CHEAT" POSSIBLE, AS YOU REQUESTED

YOU WANTED A DEFINITION OF THE WORD "CHEAT". AND AN ACCURATE DEFINITION YOU INDEED GOT

North Hollywood, CA

#163919 Oct 18, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
We do know, you childish posts speak for themselves. But keep at it Rose, you will get that GED, I have faith in you.
And we know, when you pass gas it most certainly is the smartest thing in the room.
LOLSER, if you only knew!

North Hollywood, CA

#163920 Oct 18, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a suggestion for you....try watching "Animal Planet" some night when 2 ferocious felines are having a life and death struggle, and then get back to me.
Are the animals going to talk about consent WRT sex? About law and murder?

North Hollywood, CA

#163922 Oct 18, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of like your nonsense about quoting the Declaration of Independence is presenting a "religious" argument.
You really are an idiot Rose.

The quote, or was it something other than a quote? LOL.
The quote claimed our rights were given to us by a creator. That's a religious argument.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#163923 Oct 18, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
Civil, perhaps, when redefined by an administration that hasn't the guts to ignore the minority and defend the majority of us, sweetz, but you are ignoring the facts.
The ONLY marriages in question here are CIVIL MARRIAGES, buttercup, you know, the ones recognized by the government, whether your place of worship would recognize them or not. As far as me being the one who is ignoring the facts, this ought to be funny.
R Hudson wrote:
Marriage is for normal couples.
If it is for "normal" couples only, SOMEBODY really needs to look up the meaning of the word normal. Google "shrek wedding" and get back to us.
R Hudson wrote:
Why not just stab ass in the dark and stop subjecting the rest of us this relentless attacking of something that so many of us hold sacred ?
Strange that you could manage to work your homoerotic fantasy and the concept of sacredness into the same thought. Google "star wars wedding" and get back to us.
R Hudson wrote:
Your selfish, needful attempt to be legitimized is nothing short of obscene.
We love you too dear, not to forget to mention your selfish attempts to deny us equality under the laws of our own nation and legitimize bigotry in the name of your version of "God", for no other reason than you lacking the coping skills to think of people who are different from you as being your legal equal. Obscenity is in the eye of the beholder, cupcake.
R Hudson wrote:
We appreciate that you need the approval of the rest of us to feel validated, but spare us the walk into indiscriminate moralities.
Hon, your validation is neither required nor even being sought. You are free to approve, disapprove or be completely ambivalent to anyone's homosexuality, even your own. It is what the laws that we are all required to live by has to say on the subject that matters, nothing more. Not even what you say is your version of God's opinion is.
R Hudson wrote:
You wish to cheapen what most of us hold as a basic tenet of society.
http://www.worldrecordacademy. com/society/most_married_woman -world_record_set_by_Linda_Wol fe_90178.htm You were saying?
R Hudson wrote:
This world is insane enough, without your kind adding to general madness.
Oh dear, dear, dear, your 'issues' are our problem and that of our rights, how exactly?

North Hollywood, CA

#163924 Oct 18, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are simply incapable of comprehending rationality. Leave it to the grown-ups.
You still haven't come up with a rational argument against gay marriage.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#163926 Oct 18, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
And you must not. You must feel diminished. I would, if I'd blundered like that.:-D But, then again, I didn't.
That was all you. Oops.
i question your ability to avoid sounding douchey, good sir, as you have yet to do so

North Hollywood, CA

#163928 Oct 18, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice one, Mike, Nice.
Danth's Law (also known as Parker's Law) states:
“If you have to insist that you've won an Internet argument, you've probably lost badly.”
As in...
"Oh, I almost forgot....
You may be right, if you exclude post #163847, in its entirety, of course."?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#163931 Oct 18, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOLSER, if you only knew!
This is a perfect example of your childish posts I was referring to.

Good work Rose.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#163932 Oct 18, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
As you had accused me of cheating, I wished for you to express your meaning, but I guess I expected too much from you...
I feel Meriam-Webster's meaning of the word supersedes mine. So you can now use the word "cheat" or "cheating" in accurate context in conversations for years to come.

If this were twitter, this would be the part where I'd say "#ideserveanaward"

North Hollywood, CA

#163934 Oct 18, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Civil, perhaps, when redefined by an administration that hasn't the guts to ignore the minority and defend the majority of us, sweetz, but you are ignoring the facts.
How could gay marriage harm the majority?
R Hudson wrote:
Marriage is for normal couples.
Marriage is a basic right, you don't have to be "normal", whatever that means.
R Hudson wrote:
Why not just stab ass in the dark and stop subjecting the rest of us this relentless attacking of something that so many of us hold sacred ?
Can't get your mind off of men having anal sex with each other, huh?
R Hudson wrote:
Your selfish, needful attempt to be legitimized is nothing short of obscene.
YOU are the selfish one, expecting people to deny themselves basic rights so as not to offend you. Fk what you hold sacred.
R Hudson wrote:
We appreciate that you need the approval of the rest of us to feel validated, but spare us the walk into indiscriminate moralities. You wish to cheapen what most of us hold as a basic tenet of society. This world is insane enough, without your kind adding to general madness.

You still haven't come up with a RATIONAL argument against gay marriage. Your superstitions don't count. Superstitions are irrational.
Edgar

Spring, TX

#163935 Oct 18, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry that education chafes at you so.
Nonononono there is a difference between educated behavior and douchey behavior.

Educated behavior = me
Douchey behavior = you

North Hollywood, CA

#163936 Oct 18, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
They can teach you about something, blockhead, like consent in its simplest terms. They don't show the animals having higher (IRT you) discussions WRT anal sex, as children might be watching, and they have higher standards than you would promote....
So, if children weren't watching, the animals would be having discussions about anal sex?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr rabbee yehoshooah... 71,278
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 23 Kristen Scannell ... 2
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey