Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
144,321 - 144,340 of 200,347 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
RetardO

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

RetardO has a brother called GeorgeO they nag out together.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Fry Zimmerman wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not ask why infants can't vote given you're grasping fopr straws loser.
Fact is as Americans cit is out inherent right to vote DUMBFUCK.
You need to wake up and take some vitamin B idiot.
Dan's back from Japan all full of vinegar and sushi!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>
He's Oswald Bates.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Pontificating like he's educated, and not realizing he's a laughing stock. At least Oswald is humble. AK is an arrogant prick on top of being a clueless idiot. One or the other is bad enough. Both at the same time is a case study.
You're pretty funny yourself Fris! On top of being a big dope. Both at the same time.
RetardO

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Or is that RetordO, they get all mixed up when I'm having fun.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Now we are back to this "strawman" nonsense. That happens a lot when you have your a$$ handed to you..
You really can't be this stupid Rose. You do realize there were two different conversations going on don't you?
BTW, I brought the Declaration of Independence into a debate about the Constitution, not religion.
So either way you are still an idiot.
I heard Straw Man is Rose_NoHo's secret lover!
TheftInc

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Like a cancer, Athens Services are moving through the local governments of California and looking for the weak to pray upon and take thier cities away from their city councils and residents.

The cities that have been left weak because of poor planning and investment planning by city managers and finance directors who are desprate to cover up the losses.

The weak ones are the ones Athens Services like to help? "said the spider to the fly."
Bruce

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Fry Zimmerman wrote:
<quoted text> you unpatriotic spoiled ass.
I bet you lisped until your tits bled with that one.

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Sup

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

-Kevin- wrote:
Sup
Your picture looks like you just saw Rose_NoHo naked!
RetardO

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Never give a sucker like RetardO an even break.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Fry Zimmerman wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice response.
It's akin to claiming sushi isn't any good just because you don't like it.
Get lost punk.
Dan you lucky dog vacationing on Kyushu! Lived there for a while way back before even your dopey-ass was born!

Hope you didn't get mad and call out any locals and threaten to beat them up in the Home Depot parking lot! Do they have Home Depots there?

Welcome home you big jackass!

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>Your picture looks like you just saw Rose_NoHo naked!
Go out back and make out?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, a debate about where our rights come from, and you brought religion to the debate.
<quoted text>
Claiming our rights come from a creator is a religious argument.
So you don't agree with the founders? I'm sorry that you are so simpleminded Rose.

BTW, there are a lot of definitions are "creator", it is not just a religious argument. Like I said, you are simple minded. And it is complete nonsense that one cannot cite the founders and the documents they drafted which provided the foundation of our nation without you squealing out some nonsense like you have above.

The only thing that you have proven is that you are an uneducated idiot.
DorN

Ridgecrest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
What is hysterical is how you attempt to flip everything to your benefit, but how about answering this ?
'An activist judge is one who operates with a bias, or a hidden agenda. And we all know there is a gay agenda, like forcing the majority of us to accept gay marriage. If it is natural, then so must murder and rape be natural, using your own "it exist, so it must be right" logic. Why do we punish murderers and rapists ? Because society, as a whole, has deemed it to be unacceptable to commit certain acts, moron. And if we do not have the right to set standards for ourselves, then why do we have prisons at all ? Answer that, idiot. Or did I go too fast ?'
Or have you got some spin to put on this, too ?
----------
There is no victim in same sex marriage.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't agree with the founders? I'm sorry that you are so simpleminded Rose.
BTW, there are a lot of definitions are "creator", it is not just a religious argument. Like I said, you are simple minded. And it is complete nonsense that one cannot cite the founders and the documents they drafted which provided the foundation of our nation without you squealing out some nonsense like you have above.
The only thing that you have proven is that you are an uneducated idiot.
Insults, yes, but you didn't prove her wrong. And yes, you can cite the founders, but you cannot pretend to know that they would do in modern society, either. Prove that civil rights in this country, and all the laws that deal with them, are based on religious arguments.

The founders set up a system of checks and balances designed to have the best chance of protecting the basic rights of citizens - even those born 200 years in the future, into situations the founders could never have imagined.

And that's what is still happening today in the courts.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
What is hysterical is how you attempt to flip everything to your benefit, but how about answering this ?
Okay. Since you asked....
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>'An activist judge is one who operates with a bias, or a hidden agenda.
The agenda of this judge was adherence to a little thing called "The Constitution of the United States of America." That's his job.
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>And we all know there is a gay agenda, like forcing the majority of us to accept gay marriage.
And there is, conversely, a bigoted homophobic agenda, like forcing gays to do without benefits which accrue to straights as a result of legally committing to a relationship. We all know that too.
What's your point?
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>If it is natural, then so must murder and rape be natural, using your own "it exist, so it must be right" logic.
The op did NOT say it was 'right'- she asserted that it is 'natural', since it occurs in NATURE. Of course murder and rape are 'natural'- if they weren't, we wouldn't need laws prohibiting them, since they would never occur.

By the way, I searched high and low for a question here - couldn't find one. But I will say that no one is being forced to 'accept' gay marriage - if you don't want a gay marriage, don't have one. It's that simple, really.
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>Why do we punish murderers and rapists ? Because society, as a whole, has deemed it to be unacceptable to commit certain acts, moron.
Humans criminalize acts which perpetrate harm on others. Please name one way, just one, in which the fact of two gays legalizing their relationship, personally affects you in a negative manner, much less ends your life, or violates your body.

I'll wait.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Insults, yes, but you didn't prove her wrong. And yes, you can cite the founders, but you cannot pretend to know that they would do in modern society, either. Prove that civil rights in this country, and all the laws that deal with them, are based on religious arguments.
The founders set up a system of checks and balances designed to have the best chance of protecting the basic rights of citizens - even those born 200 years in the future, into situations the founders could never have imagined.
And that's what is still happening today in the courts.
Yes. Rose_NoHO is very smart. She has many degrees from North Hollywood Junior Community Two Year College! Including one in Rocket Surgery and the Constitution!(Dual Major).

And whatever dopey nonsense she posts is the right dopey nonsense. She is many posters' hero! Is she your hero too?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Fry Zimmerman wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not ask why infants can't vote given you're grasping fopr straws loser.
Fact is as Americans cit is out inherent right to vote DUMBFUCK.
You need to wake up and take some vitamin B idiot.
Brilliant post Dan! What does it mean?

"Fact is as Americans cit is out inherent right to vote DUMBFUCK."

What? Please elaborate.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

-Kevin- wrote:
<quoted text>
Go out back and make out?
No thanks handsome!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Okay. Since you asked....
<quoted text>The agenda of this judge was adherence to a little thing called "The Constitution of the United States of America." That's his job.
<quoted text>And there is, conversely, a bigoted homophobic agenda, like forcing gays to do without benefits which accrue to straights as a result of legally committing to a relationship. We all know that too.
What's your point?
<quoted text>The op did NOT say it was 'right'- she asserted that it is 'natural', since it occurs in NATURE. Of course murder and rape are 'natural'- if they weren't, we wouldn't need laws prohibiting them, since they would never occur.
By the way, I searched high and low for a question here - couldn't find one. But I will say that no one is being forced to 'accept' gay marriage - if you don't want a gay marriage, don't have one. It's that simple, really.
<quoted text> Humans criminalize acts which perpetrate harm on others. Please name one way, just one, in which the fact of two gays legalizing their relationship, personally affects you in a negative manner, much less ends your life, or violates your body.
I'll wait.
Wow! You ain't half bad toots. Will you wait for me too?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••