Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201822 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#163781 Oct 18, 2012
Velma Birkenstocks wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike. I read your comments on that other thread. It is in very bad taste and deplorable that you are "going as" Jerry Sandusky to the various Halloween parties you've mentioned that you are attending this year. You should be horse-whipped.
Great idea! Wanna horse around a little? How old are you little laddie?
Frank Rizzo

Alhambra, CA

#163782 Oct 18, 2012
Mike DiRucci now troll wrote:
<quoted text>
I never even heard your original fake name how could I not like it although I'm sure it was dumb. What was it?
Mike DiRucci future troll

What a dope!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#163783 Oct 18, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What make you think that's a "costume" for him?
<quoted text>
If he's going to Halloween parties a) I'm sure he's crashing and b) we have laws against his kind doing that in this state. Someone better notify his parole officer.
<quoted text>
TALLYHO!
Now you're posting dopey stuff to yourself. Your disintegration is rapidly coming to it's inevitable conclusion. Fun to watch!

What a loser.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#163784 Oct 18, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike DiRucci future troll
What a dope!
It's registered against petty thievery so tough sh!t you can't steal it this time without being very obviously a loser. I hope you try.

Frank Rizzo past and current troll. Future bad joke.

What a copycat loser!
Tata

Westminster, CA

#163785 Oct 18, 2012
LBer wrote:
Hay all (what up Rose!),
Sorry, been away on business; too busy.
Found this article in the Military Press; note how our liberal left media continued the Vietnam war:
General Vo Nguyen Giap, the North Vietnamese general, the architect of the military campaign that finally drove the U.S. out of South Vietnam in 1975, is cited as crediting Presidential aspirant John Kerry and his VVAW with helping them achieve victory. In Giap's 1985 memoir about the war, he wrote that if it weren't for organizations like Kerry's Vietnam Veterans Against the War, Hanoi would have surrendered to the U.S." Giap was quoted as saying, "What we still don't understand is why you Americans stopped the bombing of Hanoi. You had us on the ropes. If you had pressed us a little harder, just for another day or two, we were ready to surrender! It was the same at the battles of TET. You defeated us! We knew it, and we thought you knew it. But, we were elated to notice the media were definitely helping us. They were causing more disruption in America than we could in the battlefields. Yes, we were ready to surrender. You had won!"
Hard to beleive what those little gooks tell us after the fact !
I served in Keh Sanh '68-'69 and it was no walk in the park. The NVA were determined little FKs. I celebrated my 19th birthday fighting for my life. I was a green, young FNG with no battle experience at the time. USMC B/1-B/26th Marines
Big D

Modesto, CA

#163786 Oct 18, 2012
Our nation was not founded upon any religion, as repeatedly stated by our founders
This isn’t a question, this is a fact, we were not founded as a Christian nation, and our founders specifically stated we were not.

A fact you either know, or are ignorant of, not an opinion.

I can provide quoted from our founders all day long on the subject, but lets start with the clincher

John Adams– a signed document as president of the United states

“As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion”
Tata

Westminster, CA

#163787 Oct 18, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Does that go for 17 year old's?
BTW, do you even have a clue how limited voting was when our country was founded? Why the hell to you think we have 3 Amendments expanding voting privilege?
And today you don't even need an amendment, because illegals are voting, why do you think all the attention on the latest commodity to a politician? This country ain't waht it used to be, thanks to all the liberals
Mike DiRucci

Alhambra, CA

#163788 Oct 18, 2012
What a dope!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#163789 Oct 18, 2012
Big D wrote:
Our nation was not founded upon any religion, as repeatedly stated by our founders
This isn’t a question, this is a fact, we were not founded as a Christian nation, and our founders specifically stated we were not.
A fact you either know, or are ignorant of, not an opinion.
I can provide quoted from our founders all day long on the subject, but lets start with the clincher
John Adams– a signed document as president of the United states
“As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion”
Oy. Just ignore the "endowed by our creator" part if it upsets you so much. The point being missed is we are born with our rights, not given them by the government.
Mike DiRucci

Alhambra, CA

#163790 Oct 18, 2012
Mike DiRucci troll of all times wrote:
<quoted text>
Oy. Just ignore the "endowed by our creator" part if it upsets you so much. The point being missed is we are born with our rights, not given them by the government.
What about a twelve-year-old? Does he have the right to vote?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#163791 Oct 18, 2012
Yes Jefferson, Madison and the other writers knew who they were writing for, and worded it in such a way as to apply to any religion, or none at all.

Master stroke that was.

It is easy to think of them as geniuses, but to be honest all of history and all the nations of Europe had already shown beyond all doubt that a nation founded upon a region, any religion was doomed to failure and strife.

Their choice to not found this nation upon any religion, was a no-brainer from their standpoint.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#163792 Oct 18, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Your disintegration is now complete but please continue to make a desperate ass out of yourself.

You're looking really dopey-silly now jackass!

Don't stop now. Funny!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#163793 Oct 18, 2012
Here is another quote for you, from the same individual that used "endowed by our creator"

No man shall be compelled to frequent or support any religious worship, place, or ministry whatsoever, nor shall be enforced, restrained, molested, or burdened in his body or goods, nor shall otherwise suffer, on account of his religious opinions or belief; but that all men shall be free to profess, and by argument to maintain, their opinions in matters of religion, and that the same shall in no wise diminish, enlarge, or affect their civil capacities
Bruno

Los Angeles, CA

#163794 Oct 18, 2012
Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard to beleive what those little gooks tell us after the fact !
I served in Keh Sanh '68-'69 and it was no walk in the park. The NVA were determined little FKs. I celebrated my 19th birthday fighting for my life. I was a green, young FNG with no battle experience at the time. USMC B/1-B/26th Marines
Don't lie. You were either working at the base laundry or as some clerk stapling forms together.
Mike DiRucci

Alhambra, CA

#163795 Oct 18, 2012
Mike DiRucci legend in his own mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Your disintegration is now complete but please continue to make a desperate ass out of yourself.
You're looking really dopey-silly now jackass!
Don't stop now. Funny!
WAAAAA......Dopey Mikey doesn't wanna embarass himself again today by negating his own argument.....

Jeesh! I see you're back to being a pissy little girl again.

What a dope...

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#163796 Oct 18, 2012
Big D wrote:
Here is another quote for you, from the same individual that used "endowed by our creator"
No man shall be compelled to frequent or support any religious worship, place, or ministry whatsoever, nor shall be enforced, restrained, molested, or burdened in his body or goods, nor shall otherwise suffer, on account of his religious opinions or belief; but that all men shall be free to profess, and by argument to maintain, their opinions in matters of religion, and that the same shall in no wise diminish, enlarge, or affect their civil capacities
What is your point? I don't have a very high opinion of religion, I think it has caused most of the world's social problems so I hope you are not getting religious on me or using it as any argument for or against same sex marriage.

I agree. We are not funded on religion. The founders wished to avoid a national religion. Freedom of religion has to include freedom from religion by definition.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#163797 Oct 18, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You'll have to wait 6 years.
Mike DiRucci

Alhambra, CA

#163798 Oct 18, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your point? I don't have a very high opinion of religion, I think it has caused most of the world's social problems so I hope you are not getting religious on me or using it as any argument for or against same sex marriage.
I agree. We are not funded on religion. The founders wished to avoid a national religion. Freedom of religion has to include freedom from religion by definition.
Damn! You finally posted something intellegent....

Don't worry. I won't get used to it.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#163800 Oct 18, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn! You finally posted something intellegent....
Don't worry. I won't get used to it.
"intellegent" What a dope.

Misspelling 'intelligent' to mock my intelligence. Priceless!

But you're so dumb you probably don't see the irony.
Winston Smith

United States

#163801 Oct 18, 2012
Fry Zimmerman wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called nature freak....and not all those who have seen evolution believe "God" made it so over aspects such as natural selection and the small fact science supports their theories whereas nothing supports yours other than some two thousand year ols supersticious book.
FYI
I'm curious if you noticed that AK used a lower case letter "c" in creator when he made the statement that everyone has a creator. Given the implications of not using an upper case "C" in the word I am of the mind that he is correct. We don't simply pop out of thin air. We're created, often in a moment of passion. The reaction you get when using such arguments with deeply religious individuals may be a little on the negative side.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Tue ChaCha 17
drugs Jun 28 jacobjarrard76 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? (Oct '14) Jun 28 jacobjarrard76 12
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Jun 19 Dalton 1,538
legit pain P.I.L.L.S n m/ar.iju/an.a Jun 16 Monterey delivery 1
Migraine help Jun 13 Jaybarn 1
public officials violating federal laws Jun 5 Time for accounta... 4
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE