Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,214)

Showing posts 144,261 - 144,280 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
RetardO

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Just can't hold your own today, can you?
Jose

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are fundies such racists? and stupid, look at this pic...
http://www.rexwallpapers.com/wallpaper/Monkey...
Almost no lips. Straight hair, light skin, and where is the butt?
The Romans had the right idea, just too few lions.
I have to say that I "respect" them more when they stop hiding behind "Fiscal conservatism" "Obama is an illegal" and countless other BS and they just show what they are about.

The tea party made no secret what they were about when they first marched in Broward, Florida right after Obama was elected but over time the pros have taken over and polished it up.
Same people with same mind set but with polished rhetoric .

T-shirt at Romney rally says 'Put the white back in the White House'

http://now.msn.com/romney-supporter-t-shirt-s...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the guy who thinks the Constitution doesn't Enumerate Rights.....
So we are back on this childish nonsense now that you had your a$$ handed to you with the discussion of the 14th Amendment.

Your feeble mind has failed you again. You are trying to hard to have that "gotcha" moment so you can get that gold star.

The design of the Constitution was to enumerate certain powers and provide a framework for our government. Through this framework the freedom and right's of the people would be preserved. In not ONE section of the original body of the Constitution will you find a SINGLE "right" outlined. Though one could split hairs in a vain attempt, which I sure you would, to prove me wrong that we do have the "right" to a Republican form of government as outlined in Article IV Sec 4.

In your attempt to gain brownie points you have taken my comments out of context. The previous discussion was in regards to the central purpose of the Constitution, which clearly was to enumerate powers- anyone who has studied the journal on the Constitutional Convention knows this- and claim that I stated there are NO right's outlined in the Constitution.

Now let me give you an education, lord knows you need one.

The original text of the Constitution as presented to the States for ratification did not enumerate a single right- yes we know about Article IV sec 4 we have been over it. During the ratification debates- notably Virginia and New York- issue was taken that the new constitution did not go far enough, and the Federal Government could overstep its enumerated powers treading on the right's of the citizens, as such they demanded a "Bill of Right's" to specifically protect those right's they held most dear. Madison advised against this, stating that doing so would undermine the entire document and lead Government to believe they had those powers all the time even though they lacked the enumeration of power in those areas. Madison's concern is the precise reason why we have the 9th and 10th Amendment.

So to say the Constitution is an enumeration of "right's" as you claim is patently false. If that were the case we would have very few "right's", in fact they would take up less than a page.

No go educate yourself so we can attempt to have an intelligent conversation.
Frank Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
I use my own names, not the names of others in this thread to post as their rivals. You are a troll
[Psst....Bruno....Retarded Frank Rizzo's name isn't really Frank Rizzo....]
Edgar

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Jose wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to say that I "respect" them more when they stop hiding behind "Fiscal conservatism" "Obama is an illegal" and countless other BS and they just show what they are about.
The tea party made no secret what they were about when they first marched in Broward, Florida right after Obama was elected but over time the pros have taken over and polished it up.
Same people with same mind set but with polished rhetoric .
T-shirt at Romney rally says 'Put the white back in the White House'
http://now.msn.com/romney-supporter-t-shirt-s...
Conservative backlash: "it was probably a liberal plant dagihi;rgihegi;h"

http://crooksandliars.com/john-amato/right-wi...
Frank Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
If the shoe fits wear it. No one besides you and the troll Rizzo will deny that there is a huge similarity between blacks and apes, gorillas, monkeys etc. the world knows it and you brought the entire identity issue up any way so STFU
Bruno...you little racist retard....There is as much similarity between blacks and gorillas as there is between irishmen and orangutans.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>Don't bother. These two are FAR too stupid to read the document in question. They'll cling to whack-job blogger and not bother to read something as simple as the 9th amendment:
The ENUMERATION in the CONSTITUTION, of certain RIGHTS...
Yeah, Thomas Jefferson was a real idiot:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--"

Nope, don't see him say we were " endowed by our Constitution..."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
So twelve-year-olds can vote?
A woman of 23 can become President?
Same-sex couples can marry?
Great! We are now the Everyone Has Rights To Everything And No Rules Apply States of America!
Argument over.
Boy, you people will just keep throwing sh%% at the wall until something sticks won't you?

There is no inalienable right to vote. Voting is a function of our government, thus it is subjected to laws and regulations.

Lesson 1: How to dumb down America
- Tell them everything is a "right"

The founders did not believe there was a "right" to vote, they restricted it far more than we do today.
RetardO

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

RetardO strikes again?

Ooops ANOTHER TYPO.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution does not give you rights. You are born with all your rights.
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you forgot about this little gem....
The Constitution doesn't give you rights, it is designed to protect the ones you were BORN WITH...

Seriously, did any of you get through the 4th grade?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but the argument against SSM is based entirely on religion. And while science fiction is not a religion (even if some fans think that it is a way of life...), SF does provide various conceptual visions of possible futures, including some very positive images that we all can and should work to bring into fruition.
Not once have I used religion as a point in this debate, so again:

This has nothing to do with religion, so come up with a rational argument.
Shades of Nick C

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

This all reminds me of Nick Conway and his sgvCOG connections a four Felony charges and final arrested.

Los Angeles County Assessor John Noguez, was arrested October 17, 2012 Wednesday along with Mark McNeil, a principal assessor, and Ramin Salari, a tax consultant and Noguez campaign contributor.

Noguez, whose real name is Juan Renaldo Rodriguez, is charged with 24 felony counts, 13 counts of misappropriation by a public officer, five counts of perjury, four counts of accepting bribes and two counts of conspiracy.

This could lead back to people living and working in Glendora, California also like it did with Nick Conway.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly child, once again... ALL species of mammals have been documented with member engaging is same sex relations. So by definitions, it IS natural. Now, if you want to say that it is icky, well then I can't really argue with you, since I am not interested in it either.
Typical lame thought process. If one does it once it must be a normal act. Like I have said many times before, every one in @ 10,000 toads have two heads, that DOES NOT make it normal. Like moho says, even heterosexuals engage in anal sex (yes, at times, not all times), so that is supposed to make homo sex 'normal'? I once laughed at one of moho's dumb remarks so hard I nearly squirted in my jeans, does that make it normal. You dumbarse libturds would probably say yes but it only happened once. If moho said one true statement I would almost think that normal for a ho.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
[Psst....Bruno....Retarded Frank Rizzo's name isn't really Frank Rizzo....]
Psst. It's Mike DiRucci now troll!

TOO FUNNY!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And hundreds of gay couples are in blissful denial that they are 'married'.
And for 8.5 years on Mother's day,
hundreds of kids have sat looking at
one dad and one pretend dad
with broken hearts wondering about their mother
and with painful clarity knowing the difference between marriage and gay unions.
The joke was on them, and it's not funny.
<quoted text>
Please, point out the religion of a child missing one or more of the only two they ever get.
Even better, please specify what was 'over-simplified blanketing generalizations'.
This will be good.
MITT RONIN wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant that the world is always way more complex than someone who sees things in black and white can understand...
you brought this claim to the table without any way to back it up??
the burden of proof is with you!!
There is NOTHING 'over-simplified' about a child being denied a parent of the gender they represent.

There was NOTHING religious in my response.
obama

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

lol
obama

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

hay hay hay
RetardO

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

No, it was a mistake it was your father calling you.
Frank Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution does not give you rights. You are born with all your rights.
<quoted text>
The Constitution doesn't give you rights, it is designed to protect the ones you were BORN WITH...
Seriously, did any of you get through the 4th grade?
Second paragraph--Second word:

http://www.archives.gov/global-pages/larger-i...

Oh...That's right--In AKidjit's world, the ammendments aren't part of the Constitution...
Frank Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Psst. It's Mike DiRucci now troll!
TOO FUNNY!
OK, Mike DiRucci now troll.

Whatever you choose to call yourself, that's entirely up to you.

I'm not sure why you'd pick the name "Mike DiRucci now troll". Shall we refer to you as "Frank Rizzo then troll"? Since you seem to feel the need to include some sort of time stamp.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 144,261 - 144,280 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance