Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 20 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#163701 Oct 17, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are a liar.. Got it..
No, I proved I was telling the truth.
I said you brought religion into the debate, then provided a link to a post were you did. Are you claiming you didn't make that post?

North Hollywood, CA

#163702 Oct 17, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
We all have a creator Rose, do you think we just pop out of thin air?
LOL! You are such an idiot.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#163703 Oct 17, 2012
Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>
You've crawled SO far up your own ass with your lunatic theories..
It's called the Bill of RIGHTS, it is part of the Constitution, and you're an idiot.
Perhaps you shout start a Worldnet-esque website to spread your nonsense. Maybe an AM radio show? Everyone here thinks you're 'nuts'.
Oh yeah? Everyone here thinks you are a big dope!

North Hollywood, CA

#163704 Oct 17, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, wise guy, how about prostitution ?
Should be legal.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#163705 Oct 17, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I proved I was telling the truth.
I said you brought religion into the debate, then provided a link to a post were you did. Are you claiming you didn't make that post?
So you prove that I brought religion into the debate about same sex marriage by providing no proof that I had done so?

I guess that works out in your fantasy world Rose..

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#163706 Oct 17, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a dope!

North Hollywood, CA

#163707 Oct 17, 2012
R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
He may havemistakenly tried to use that as a logical argument, but he (and you) have missed the point that abberations occur in everything. There are mistakes made every day, but that does not make them "natural". And I have yet to hear the argument against society lack of rights to set standards and to decide what we find acceptable. And your claim that most people who have ass sex are normal, what proof do you offer ? Back your claim up.
Most people who have anal sex are straight. You are aware of the fact women have anuses? Right? Don't know/care if they are "normal" or not.
Society doesn't have any "rights". People do. The Constitution says all US citizens should have equal rights. Why are you against the Constitution?

North Hollywood, CA

#163708 Oct 17, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
So you prove that I brought religion into the debate about same sex marriage by providing no proof that I had done so?
Straw man. I didn't say that. Deal with what I actually said, dummy.
akpilot wrote:
I guess that works out in your fantasy world Rose..
I said you brought religion into the debate, and proved it!
I didn't say the debate about same sex marriage, you did.
Again, are you claiming you didn't make the post I posted the link to?

Location hidden

#163709 Oct 17, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry that you aren't very bright.

Location hidden

#163710 Oct 17, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Straw man. I didn't say that. Deal with what I actually said, dummy.
<quoted text>
I said you brought religion into the debate, and proved it!
I didn't say the debate about same sex marriage, you did.
Again, are you claiming you didn't make the post I posted the link to?
Now we are back to this "strawman" nonsense. That happens a lot when you have your a$$ handed to you..

You really can't be this stupid Rose. You do realize there were two different conversations going on don't you?

BTW, I brought the Declaration of Independence into a debate about the Constitution, not religion.

So either way you are still an idiot.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#163711 Oct 17, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, you people will just keep throwing sh%% at the wall until something sticks won't you?
There is no inalienable right to vote. Voting is a function of our government, thus it is subjected to laws and regulations.
Lesson 1: How to dumb down America
- Tell them everything is a "right"
The founders did not believe there was a "right" to vote, they restricted it far more than we do today.
Bullshit loser.

It was the ability for citizens to voice their choice for a government that formed our country you unpatriotic spoiled ass.

Location hidden

#163712 Oct 17, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry that you aren't very bright.
Nice response.

It's akin to claiming sushi isn't any good just because you don't like it.

Get lost punk.

Location hidden

#163713 Oct 17, 2012
Fry Zimmerman wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit loser.
It was the ability for citizens to voice their choice for a government that formed our country you unpatriotic spoiled ass.
Really? Does that go for 17 year old's?

BTW, do you even have a clue how limited voting was when our country was founded? Why the hell to you think we have 3 Amendments expanding voting privilege?

North Hollywood, CA

#163714 Oct 17, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Now we are back to this "strawman" nonsense. That happens a lot when you have your a$$ handed to you..
You really can't be this stupid Rose. You do realize there were two different conversations going on don't you?
Yep. That's why I said you brought religion to the debate, I didn't say you brought religion to the debate about gay marriage. Duh.
Or perhaps you can show where I said you brought religion to the debate about gay marriage?
Didn't think so.
akpilot wrote:
BTW, I brought the Declaration of Independence into a debate about the Constitution, not religion.
So either way you are still an idiot.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TH6FC2NTH...
Are you claiming you didn't make that post?

LOL. You are such a joke.

North Hollywood, CA

#163715 Oct 17, 2012
Fry Zimmerman wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice response.
It's akin to claiming sushi isn't any good just because you don't like it.
Get lost punk.
Akpilot has no real arguments. He just nit picks and plays word games. He tries to sound scholarly, but he just comes off as the pretentious ahole he is.

Location hidden

#163716 Oct 17, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Does that go for 17 year old's?
BTW, do you even have a clue how limited voting was when our country was founded? Why the hell to you think we have 3 Amendments expanding voting privilege?
Why not ask why infants can't vote given you're grasping fopr straws loser.

Fact is as Americans cit is out inherent right to vote DUMBFUCK.

You need to wake up and take some vitamin B idiot.

Location hidden

#163717 Oct 17, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Akpilot has no real arguments. He just nit picks and plays word games. He tries to sound scholarly, but he just comes off as the pretentious ahole he is.
Amen to that sister.

Location hidden

#163718 Oct 17, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
We all have a creator Rose, do you think we just pop out of thin air?
It's called nature freak....and not all those who have seen evolution believe "God" made it so over aspects such as natural selection and the small fact science supports their theories whereas nothing supports yours other than some two thousand year ols supersticious book.

FYI
Frisbee

Renton, WA

#163719 Oct 17, 2012
akpilot wrote:
Why don't you take a little time and educate yourself. I bet you haven't even read the Federalist Papers.
Have you read the Ninth Amendment?

The ENUMERATION in the CONSTITUTION, of certain RIGHTS...

Explain that away.
The Ninth Amendment isn't in the Constitution?
The text doesn't say the EXACT OPPOSITE of your lunatic claims?
The Federalist Papers supersede the TEXT of the CONSTITUTION?
Which delusion do you hang your hat on?

You've spent so much time searching for some justification in UNOFFICIAL documents to justify what you choose to believe, that you've forgotten to look at what the Constitution ACTUALLY SAYS.

North Hollywood, CA

#163720 Oct 17, 2012
Fry Zimmerman wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called nature freak....and not all those who have seen evolution believe "God" made it so over aspects such as natural selection and the small fact science supports their theories whereas nothing supports yours other than some two thousand year ols supersticious book.
FYI
Have you ever seen Richard Dawkin's "The God Delusion"? It's brilliant, IMHO.
http://youtu.be/LVr9bJ8Sctk

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Seaside street name could honor Obama (Feb '10) May 1 Apathy 99
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Apr 19 rabbee yehoshooah... 71,942
where can I find heroin in monterey? (Oct '14) Apr 18 BrocSD 8
News Four suspects still at large in Monterey Penins... Apr 15 M JC 29 1
News Jewish-Christian charity helps Ukrainians move ... Apr 3 Azat 1
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Apr '15 svorpion 1,531
News Homicide suspect Victor Cabrera has long histor... (Oct '08) Mar '15 mando 12
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]