Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
144,081 - 144,100 of 200,328 Comments Last updated 11 hrs ago
Frank Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
No they're not facts they're ad hominen. Sure sign of a loser.
No...You've proven yourself an idiot. It's a fact. I checked with Encyclopaedia Brittanica.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Judge Walker imposed new same sex marriage law on everybody. He excluded evidence and assumed fact. He failed to disclose. He's probably the most corrupt hack judicial activist we've ever seen.
Again Brian, you'd be wrong. Judge Walker had no judicial obligation to disclose his sexual orientation, even though both sides knew long before that he could be Gay.

Secondly.........Judge Walker has truly imposed anything new or otherwise on the right to marry for Same-Sex Couples in California, BECAUSE there are already legally married Gay and Lesbian couples prior to the passage of Prop 8 and those couples remained legally married after the passage of Prop 8!!!

Thirdly......IT'S HARD TO EXCLUDE EVIDENCE when the Proponents of Prop 8 really didn't present any!!!

Yep, EVERY JUDGE WHO DOESN'T RULE THE WAY YOU WANT IS AN ACTIVIST JUDGE.......funny how that works!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

My last post should read HASN'T instead of has!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Tim Shields wrote:
50 Generals were fired,
Wow, you got any evidence to BACK up your pathetic claims doc?

Women don't serve in combat NOT because they can't handle it, but because our top male MILITARY officials CAN'T handle the fact that women might die and that somehow a woman's life is more valuable than a man's because of her unique ability to give birth!!!

Women have served in combat roles even if they have had to do so under an assumed male name!!!

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you got any evidence to BACK up your pathetic claims doc?
Women don't serve in combat NOT because they can't handle it, but because our top male MILITARY officials CAN'T handle the fact that women might die and that somehow a woman's life is more valuable than a man's because of her unique ability to give birth!!!
Women have served in combat roles even if they have had to do so under an assumed male name!!!
Women do serve in combat roles and women have died in combat.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Women do serve in combat roles and women have died in combat.
That was my point......and have been doing so for hundreds of years!!!

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
It would not be the same thing as separating based on skin color- not even close. I am so sick of that nonsense! It would be exactly the same thing as segregation based on sex.
And as far as your nonsense about growing up, I guess the same should be said if we decided to place males and females together, huh?
You are out of touch with reality, you are so blinded by your "cause" you can't even apply critical thinking.
Hmmm... a lot of the more "utopian" science fiction makes the assumption that in the future, people actually WILL have grown up enough that unisex barracks will be the norm. What stands in the way is things like Christianity and other patriarchal throwbacks to primitive times when women were a man's property, and rape was just a way to "prove" that you were the better man by spoiling another man's property.

I do NOT want to imply that ALL xians feel this way, nor that it is in any way actually taught as part of any particular church, but this is EXACTLY what is behind the whole concept of a woman "asking for it" if she got raped.

This CAN be changed. But the only way for that to happen is for everybody to teach their young children right from the beginning that ALL people deserve respect, regardless of skin tone, orientation, gender, religion, nationality, income, etc, etc, etc. People need to learn that they can feel good about themselves without having to put someone else down.

Life is not a zero sum game, if we cooperate, we can ALL win.
RetardO

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Please keep it alive and well.
Frank Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
No they're not facts they're ad hominen. Sure sign of a loser.
First off, you are using "ad hominem" incorrectly.(You spelled it incorrectly, too, but that's not the issue.)

"Ad hominem" refers to the attacking of the character of a person in response to an argument, rather than providing a counter argument. Since you've never given any arguments, just idiotic statements and insults, any person who in turn insults you is not engaging in "ad hominem".

Now, when I posed the theorem that "You are an idiot", rather than refuting that allegation, you in turn engaged in an "ad hominem" attack on me. e.g. Implied that I was a "loser" for having engaged in an "ad hominem" attack on you, which, of course, I never did, since it can only be an "ad hominem" attack if you proposed an argument.

Furthermore, this "as hominem" attack of yours was actually secondary to the primary content of your response: that you countered with a "red herring" (this is your favorite tactic). Rather than refuting the argument of your idiocy, you decided to respond with a tangent on "ad hominem". As much as you'd like to take the discussion away from you being an idiot, you will find that others will not fall for this tactic and just simply ignore you when you do it.

So, in response, I would like to reiterate that you, indeed, are an idiot. A contention further buoyed by your inability to understand what "ad hominem" is, in spite of repeatedly using it as some sort of battle cry; that you've never provided any intelligible argument on any topic ever; and that you, at the most basic level, are even unable to provide evidence to the contrary refuting your idiocy.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, IDF is portrayed as a 'model' of gender integration. Here are some statistics;
33% are females, mainly because they get more exemptions.
51% are officers. Besides being extremely lopsided, it also seems to be moving toward a 'Queen Bee' culture...
3% are assigned to combat roles.
Question; What kind of officer does a person make who has never had combat experience?
Ah, I am a monster mutation, that is true. I'm sure they could use my simple common sense.
My assessment of your post? Gay twirl idiocy that puts armies and nations at risk
LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
gee we can tell youve really done your homework on this one.
everybody knows that the IDF are about the BEST trained, best equiped, most KICKASS army in the world....
what planet have you been living on??
i think they came to the realization that to have a manadatory service policy??? they were going to have to deal with allowing gays to serve openly!!
BTW: according to the israelis ?? their Nation IS always at risk!!
Always do my homework. That's why you continually look like a moronic idiot AND a blondie.

Please tell my how your sales talk has anything to do with my points? Not one single rebuttal!

You then conclude with a clearly confused answer. Heads up idiot, you refer to a outside risk, I clearly was referring to a inside risk. Once again, you are unable to address the issue.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
8.5 years of gay marriage in the bay state??
the kids are still playing on the sidewalk....
the neighbors dog is still rooting through the trash...
the T is still running...
Bain is still in business, exporting jobs to china.
the BSO is still performing....
the massachussets national guard is still in business.
the trains keep running, the planes keep taking off.
adults keep getting educated in universities...
people still get cured in hospitals...
pupils still attend public schools?
the trash keeps getting picked up??
and the sky is still hanging there above us.
I cant see how letting gays marry would EVER change any of this.
And hundreds of gay couples are in blissful denial that they are 'married'.

And for 8.5 years on Mother's day,
hundreds of kids have sat looking at
one dad and one pretend dad
with broken hearts wondering about their mother
and with painful clarity knowing the difference between marriage and gay unions.

The joke was on them, and it's not funny.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, you are using "ad hominem" incorrectly.(You spelled it incorrectly, too, but that's not the issue.)
"Ad hominem" refers to the attacking of the character of a person in response to an argument, rather than providing a counter argument. Since you've never given any arguments, just idiotic statements and insults, any person who in turn insults you is not engaging in "ad hominem".
Now, when I posed the theorem that "You are an idiot", rather than refuting that allegation, you in turn engaged in an "ad hominem" attack on me. e.g. Implied that I was a "loser" for having engaged in an "ad hominem" attack on you, which, of course, I never did, since it can only be an "ad hominem" attack if you proposed an argument.
Furthermore, this "as hominem" attack of yours was actually secondary to the primary content of your response: that you countered with a "red herring" (this is your favorite tactic). Rather than refuting the argument of your idiocy, you decided to respond with a tangent on "ad hominem". As much as you'd like to take the discussion away from you being an idiot, you will find that others will not fall for this tactic and just simply ignore you when you do it.
So, in response, I would like to reiterate that you, indeed, are an idiot. A contention further buoyed by your inability to understand what "ad hominem" is, in spite of repeatedly using it as some sort of battle cry; that you've never provided any intelligible argument on any topic ever; and that you, at the most basic level, are even unable to provide evidence to the contrary refuting your idiocy.

Does anyone read this long winded nonsense?

Why you mad?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No...You've proven yourself an idiot. It's a fact. I checked with Encyclopaedia Brittanica.
More brilliance from Frank!

You really need to pump it up. Read some of Mona Lott's posts. Use something funny like "Quacked-out fundie". "Idiot" is so boring.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
pleae excuse me liammmm...
I didnt mean to get this thread off topic.
you and I obviously disagree on lots of issues from the middle east to immigration.
thank you for your time and being civil......
it is such a rare commodity here.
That is why I get such a laugh when someone tries to call me a liberal. I'm all over the spectrum, since I look at things like: the facts, what the Constitution actually says (AND what it means), what is best for the country, etc.

You are right, this is off topic. Of course, I have seen some topics drift so far off topic that they end up circling back around to being ON topic!
Frank Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anyone read this long winded nonsense?
Why you mad?
Again, no counter argument, just two "red herrings".

Ergo: You are an idiot.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess I don't get any of your imaginary "points" today huh?

Too Funny!
RetardO

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Can't we just wait until the intermission?
Frank Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
More brilliance from Frank!
You really need to pump it up. Read some of Mona Lott's posts. Use something funny like "Quacked-out fundie". "Idiot" is so boring.
Well, since you've never provided any opinion that you are a "Quacked-out fundie", wouldn't that be an inappropriate assesment?

If you wish, we could call you a "tiresome bore". At best, as entertaining as a Jennifer Aniston movie.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

The plaque on Obama's desk;

'The buck stops anywhere but here!'

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah? Well you're a dope! I didn't even have to check.

TOO Funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••