Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,192

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Winston Smith

Hampton, VA

#163414 Oct 16, 2012
LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
8.5 years of gay marriage in the bay state??
the kids are still playing on the sidewalk....
the neighbors dog is still rooting through the trash...
the T is still running...
Bain is still in business, exporting jobs to china.
the BSO is still performing....
the massachussets national guard is still in business.
the trains keep running, the planes keep taking off.
adults keep getting educated in universities...
people still get cured in hospitals...
pupils still attend public schools?
the trash keeps getting picked up??
and the sky is still hanging there above us.
I cant see how letting gays marry would EVER change any of this.
GASP! Ya mean the sky come crashing down?
Winston Smith

Hampton, VA

#163415 Oct 16, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
So Frisbee. Are you going to join the intellectual team of Lyin Ayn Ryan and Winston Smith today and make the case that assuming "Ayn" is a girl's name is dumb while assuming you know everything about my politics is not dumb? Hope so!
Although I think Lyin Ayn wisely withdrew from that losing argument already. Looks like it's just you and Winston to soldier on. Good luck.
So you're the self declared winner of a rather pointless argument? Brilliant. I'm sure your grandparents are thrilled. Both of them.

I do have a question for you though. It is about you and your synecephalus twin, KiMare. How do the two of you determine which one gets to use the brain?
winnipegger239

Morgan Hill, CA

#163416 Oct 16, 2012
we saw the lesbian dwarf tossing thing at pierpont in ventura and got sick at the busy bee and overcharged too. the story about ronmey wearing a blue bra while watching the huk hogan sex tapes over and over has got to be alie
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#163417 Oct 16, 2012
Tim Shields wrote:
Actually, it was 47% of Californians who voted to hate their own parents and the marriage family that they should have been born into.
Voted to hate their own parents, eh?

Hmmmm...... you skipped your meds today, didn't you?
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#163418 Oct 16, 2012
Tim Shields wrote:
For instance, you probably are still spewing that hate crime lie about Matthew Shepard, when Matt was killed by his gay lover, McKinney, due to a robbery for money and drugs. The prosecutor confirmed this in 2004 to ABC 20/20.
hahahahahahah
ahahahahahah
ahahahahahah

Your lies are LAUGHABLE. The prosecutor said no such thing.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#163419 Oct 16, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're the self declared winner of a rather pointless argument? Brilliant. I'm sure your grandparents are thrilled. Both of them.
I do have a question for you though. It is about you and your synecephalus twin, KiMare. How do the two of you determine which one gets to use the brain?
Another dopey post from Winston, resorting to ad hominen since he has nothing else.

P.S. It's better to remain silent than prove you're frustrated and at a loss. But you cannot, eh Winnie. Good! Too Funny!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#163420 Oct 16, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts are facts.
Calling Gary gay is like calling you an idiot.
These aren't judgements: just facts.
No they're not facts they're ad hominen. Sure sign of a loser.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#163421 Oct 16, 2012
Tim Shields wrote:
Each year thousands of men and women with unwanted same-sex attractions make the personal decision to leave homosexuality via secular therapy.
"secular" therapy???????

hahahahaha
ahahahahahah
ahgahahahahahahah

Who do you think you are kidding? There is no such thing as "secular" therapy. ALL conversion therapy is wrapped up in the jesus flag, and don't even TRY to lie your way out of that. Conversion therapy is considered unethical by all major medical and psychiatric professional organizations. The only people offering "conversion therapy" are quacked-out fundies.

Are you working off the debt you owe NARTH by repeating their silly lies on Topix????

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#163422 Oct 16, 2012
Looks like the intellectual team of Winston, Lyin Ayn and Frisbee has fizzled out in their attempt to make the case that assuming someone named "Ayn" is a woman is dumb but assuming you know all about a person's politics from a few topix posts is smart.

It was a losing argument folks. You were big dopes to try and make it.

Now comes the "Oh yeah? You're gay!" and other equally dopey ad hominen about boogers and failed abortions and such.

TOO Funny!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#163424 Oct 16, 2012
Woops! Didn't mean to leave you out of the intellectual dream team "Frank Rizzo". Previous post goes out to you too! Your ad hominen are especially dopey.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

#163425 Oct 16, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>"secular" therapy???????
hahahahaha
ahahahahahah
ahgahahahahahahah
Who do you think you are kidding? There is no such thing as "secular" therapy. ALL conversion therapy is wrapped up in the jesus flag, and don't even TRY to lie your way out of that. Conversion therapy is considered unethical by all major medical and psychiatric professional organizations. The only people offering "conversion therapy" are quacked-out fundies.
Are you working off the debt you owe NARTH by repeating their silly lies on Topix????
"quacked-out fundies" Good one! Funny!

You should teach some of these jackasses like Lyin Ayn and Winston et al stuff like that. They need much better ad hominen, they're stuck on dopey ones like "boogers" and "You're gay!"
Frank Rizzo

Alhambra, CA

#163426 Oct 16, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
No...You've proven yourself an idiot. It's a fact. I checked with Encyclopaedia Brittanica.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#163427 Oct 16, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Judge Walker imposed new same sex marriage law on everybody. He excluded evidence and assumed fact. He failed to disclose. He's probably the most corrupt hack judicial activist we've ever seen.
Again Brian, you'd be wrong. Judge Walker had no judicial obligation to disclose his sexual orientation, even though both sides knew long before that he could be Gay.

Secondly.........Judge Walker has truly imposed anything new or otherwise on the right to marry for Same-Sex Couples in California, BECAUSE there are already legally married Gay and Lesbian couples prior to the passage of Prop 8 and those couples remained legally married after the passage of Prop 8!!!

Thirdly......IT'S HARD TO EXCLUDE EVIDENCE when the Proponents of Prop 8 really didn't present any!!!

Yep, EVERY JUDGE WHO DOESN'T RULE THE WAY YOU WANT IS AN ACTIVIST JUDGE.......funny how that works!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#163428 Oct 16, 2012
My last post should read HASN'T instead of has!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#163429 Oct 16, 2012
Tim Shields wrote:
50 Generals were fired,
Wow, you got any evidence to BACK up your pathetic claims doc?

Women don't serve in combat NOT because they can't handle it, but because our top male MILITARY officials CAN'T handle the fact that women might die and that somehow a woman's life is more valuable than a man's because of her unique ability to give birth!!!

Women have served in combat roles even if they have had to do so under an assumed male name!!!

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#163430 Oct 16, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you got any evidence to BACK up your pathetic claims doc?
Women don't serve in combat NOT because they can't handle it, but because our top male MILITARY officials CAN'T handle the fact that women might die and that somehow a woman's life is more valuable than a man's because of her unique ability to give birth!!!
Women have served in combat roles even if they have had to do so under an assumed male name!!!
Women do serve in combat roles and women have died in combat.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#163431 Oct 16, 2012
Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Women do serve in combat roles and women have died in combat.
That was my point......and have been doing so for hundreds of years!!!

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#163432 Oct 16, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
It would not be the same thing as separating based on skin color- not even close. I am so sick of that nonsense! It would be exactly the same thing as segregation based on sex.
And as far as your nonsense about growing up, I guess the same should be said if we decided to place males and females together, huh?
You are out of touch with reality, you are so blinded by your "cause" you can't even apply critical thinking.
Hmmm... a lot of the more "utopian" science fiction makes the assumption that in the future, people actually WILL have grown up enough that unisex barracks will be the norm. What stands in the way is things like Christianity and other patriarchal throwbacks to primitive times when women were a man's property, and rape was just a way to "prove" that you were the better man by spoiling another man's property.

I do NOT want to imply that ALL xians feel this way, nor that it is in any way actually taught as part of any particular church, but this is EXACTLY what is behind the whole concept of a woman "asking for it" if she got raped.

This CAN be changed. But the only way for that to happen is for everybody to teach their young children right from the beginning that ALL people deserve respect, regardless of skin tone, orientation, gender, religion, nationality, income, etc, etc, etc. People need to learn that they can feel good about themselves without having to put someone else down.

Life is not a zero sum game, if we cooperate, we can ALL win.
RetardO

La Puente, CA

#163433 Oct 16, 2012
Please keep it alive and well.
Frank Rizzo

Alhambra, CA

#163434 Oct 16, 2012
Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, you are using "ad hominem" incorrectly.(You spelled it incorrectly, too, but that's not the issue.)

"Ad hominem" refers to the attacking of the character of a person in response to an argument, rather than providing a counter argument. Since you've never given any arguments, just idiotic statements and insults, any person who in turn insults you is not engaging in "ad hominem".

Now, when I posed the theorem that "You are an idiot", rather than refuting that allegation, you in turn engaged in an "ad hominem" attack on me. e.g. Implied that I was a "loser" for having engaged in an "ad hominem" attack on you, which, of course, I never did, since it can only be an "ad hominem" attack if you proposed an argument.

Furthermore, this "as hominem" attack of yours was actually secondary to the primary content of your response: that you countered with a "red herring" (this is your favorite tactic). Rather than refuting the argument of your idiocy, you decided to respond with a tangent on "ad hominem". As much as you'd like to take the discussion away from you being an idiot, you will find that others will not fall for this tactic and just simply ignore you when you do it.

So, in response, I would like to reiterate that you, indeed, are an idiot. A contention further buoyed by your inability to understand what "ad hominem" is, in spite of repeatedly using it as some sort of battle cry; that you've never provided any intelligible argument on any topic ever; and that you, at the most basic level, are even unable to provide evidence to the contrary refuting your idiocy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 16 hr scirocco 70,102
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Oct 17 savvylocal 245
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2
Pacific Grove Girl Chelsie Hills Law suit. Rea... Oct 3 Siding with Toyota 1
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep '14 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep '14 fancy 3
Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey Jobs

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info