Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 7,201)

Showing posts 144,001 - 144,020 of200,204
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Same sex marriage is gender segregation. I believe in the perfect diversity of marriage one man and one woman; perfect affirmative action. I oppose gender segregation marriage because diversity is the nature of marriage.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad a bunch of lawyers weren't competent enough to compose an airtight legal document, eh?
I know it's difficult for you, but try an apply some critical thinking skills. For once in your life don't expect to be TOLD what to think.

Read my post which analyzed the Congressional debate on the drafting of the 14th Amendment, an analysis by those whom actually drafted the Amendment. Listen to what they said, then you tell me how the court got it "right" when they created "anchor babies?"

I know this might hurt, so you might want to have some aspirin handy.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Judge Walker found against the California taxpayer and voter, for the state and new regulation of marriage.

Same sex marriage is bad for homosexuals. Every gay was born of male/female union.
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
It happens all the time.. We call them activist judges.
Especially when you take into account that the 14th amendment was an answer to the 'activist judges'(ie "judges that I disagree with")Dred Scott Decision. Legal interpretation they didn't agree with was the reason the Amendment exists, and they STILL left the door wide open?

Your quoting of the people involved, whom you happen to agree with is nice, but not the whole picture. Tell us about the people on the other side of the debates you mention.

Either the lawyers you quoted were wholly incompetent at composing legal documents, or the issue wasn't as one sided as you would have us believe. Which is it?
Connie Clear

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially when you take into account that the 14th amendment was an answer to the 'activist judges'(ie "judges that I disagree with")Dred Scott Decision. Legal interpretation they didn't agree with was the reason the Amendment exists, and they STILL left the door wide open?
Your quoting of the people involved, whom you happen to agree with is nice, but not the whole picture. Tell us about the people on the other side of the debates you mention.
Either the lawyers you quoted were wholly incompetent at composing legal documents, or the issue wasn't as one sided as you would have us believe. Which is it?

Is your Google button broken?

“Think,does it help or hurt?”

Since: Jul 09

" Because logic tells us so "

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Connie Clear wrote:
<quoted text>
Were Adam and Eve red, white, yellow, black or brown? Did Adam and Eve have brown eyes, hazel eyes, green eyes, blue eyes? Did Adam and Eve have red hair, brown hair, black hair, blonde hair?
Obviously there is much more diversity in humanity than Adam and Eve exhibited.
That might be true except for the fact that Adam and Eve never existed! Just a figment of some old goat herder 2,000 years ago! But I must say there was a lot of incest going on in that fictitious garden between all those kids and brothers and sisters! I guess the sky fairy condoned incest I guess? LOL

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>
Feel free to quote some people whom feel otherwise and think the 14th Amendment was to create "Anchor Babies"- we will wait.

I could save you the time, because I have read the entire Congressional Debate, and a vast majority of the State ratification debates and simply tell you it isn't there. But I am sure that you already knew that since I am sure the first thing you did was hit google to find something to support your nonsense. Since you couldn't find it, you continue to dance around the topic attempting to sound educated on the subject.

BTW, while Dred Scott was the catalyst, the 14th Amendment was designed to solidify the Civil Rights Act of 1866 into the Constitution and prevent another Congress by simple majority from changing it.

But really, in all your ranting and nonsense, you still haven't present a valid argument for "anchor babies".

Don't worry, we don't expect you to.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Tim Shields wrote:
I know, same sex marriage is like giving a drug addict crack, to fix his problem. It's what he thinks he wants, but it is not legal and it is destructive.
Good point.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Tim Shields wrote:
<quoted text>If you can't make your own argument, it might be because you donothave one. You gays might find it interesting, that one of your Prop 8 lawyers, David Boies, is working with the GOP's and Ryan so they can get elected and abolish all same sex marriages. Irony of irony.
Hey Doc......you really expect ANYONE who supports the right to marry for Same-Sex Couples to believe this crap?

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Judge Walker found against the California taxpayer and voter, for the state and new regulation of marriage.
Same sex marriage is bad for homosexuals. Every gay was born of male/female union.
Judge Walker DIDN'T do anything to the California taxpayer or the voter.......he found a proposition UNCONSTITUTIONAL based on the evidences presented at trial!!!

If California had a Constitutional review process for propositions before being placed on the ballot......most would probably not get challenged.......therefore ensuring that the voter's vote wouldn't get toss!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Good point.
Figures!!!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
i amm not denying anything KI, I just said I hadnt seen it explode as a hot news story, like hetro rape(in the miltary) has in past years. Im sure I will read a credible story...someday.
I dont think that DADT is coming back, or any other type of segregation...sorry it was just a bad, discriminatory policy.
as is any ban on gay marriage.
there is literally no arguement for NOT letting gays marry that makes a bit of sense. all of them are based on religion, which is constituionally prohibited.
Because lapdog media doesn't cover something, it is not a problem?

Evolution is 'religion' based"?

You are not just a girl, you are blonde.
Michael Clark Duncan

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And what Barracks do we put you in freak? I guess we would have to invent a whole new category for you! The DADT repeal has worked out just fine and with a minimum of problems and that is the reality of the situation! And it's worked out in Israel where they integrated their armed forces 9 years ago and other NATO country's just fine also! What you are is a chicken hawk who has never served and doesn't have a clue to what you're babbling about! Sit down and STFU chicken hawk!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Michael Clark Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
And what Barracks do we put you in freak? I guess we would have to invent a whole new category for you! The DADT repeal has worked out just fine and with a minimum of problems and that is the reality of the situation! And it's worked out in Israel where they integrated their armed forces 9 years ago and other NATO country's just fine also! What you are is a chicken hawk who has never served and doesn't have a clue to what you're babbling about! Sit down and STFU chicken hawk!
Yes, IDF is portrayed as a 'model' of gender integration. Here are some statistics;

33% are females, mainly because they get more exemptions.

51% are officers. Besides being extremely lopsided, it also seems to be moving toward a 'Queen Bee' culture...

3% are assigned to combat roles.

Question; What kind of officer does a person make who has never had combat experience?

Ah, I am a monster mutation, that is true. I'm sure they could use my simple common sense.

My assessment of your post? Gay twirl idiocy that puts armies and nations at risk.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Tim Shields wrote:
<quoted text>I know, same sex marriage is like giving a drug addict crack, to fix his problem. It's what he thinks he wants, but it is not legal and it is destructive.
that was about the silliest thing ive read here so far!

people just want their rights??? how is it destructive??

to you??

no one on earth has been able to clerify how some gay couple getting married on the THIS side of town actually effects someone's straight marriage on THE OTHER side of town.

lets give it a try?? has the sky fallen in any of those states that legalized it?? it has been legal for 8.5 years in Massachussetts.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, IDF is portrayed as a 'model' of gender integration. Here are some statistics;
33% are females, mainly because they get more exemptions.
51% are officers. Besides being extremely lopsided, it also seems to be moving toward a 'Queen Bee' culture...
3% are assigned to combat roles.
Question; What kind of officer does a person make who has never had combat experience?
Ah, I am a monster mutation, that is true. I'm sure they could use my simple common sense.
My assessment of your post? Gay twirl idiocy that puts armies and nations at risk.
gee we can tell youve really done your homework on this one.

everybody knows that the IDF are about the BEST trained, best equiped, most KICKASS army in the world....

what planet have you been living on??

i think they came to the realization that to have a manadatory service policy??? they were going to have to deal with allowing gays to serve openly!!

BTW: according to the israelis ?? their Nation IS always at risk!!
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
yet you HAVE not provided us with any stories of GAY rape.

or other misbehavior...

i realize that the media only gets to what is convienient??

but considering WHAT a HOT topic this is??

if this was an actual problem, instead of one you made up?? there WOULD be lots of news ABOUT IT...

like THERE WAS when hetero rape was making headlines!!

where are the stories KI??

you keep insisting it is a probelm?? but I dont see any stories?

from credible sources,?? that all corroborate the same event??WITH THE SAME WITNESSES???
THAT, my confused right wing dear, is how we judge news stories??
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

8.5 years of gay marriage in the bay state??

the kids are still playing on the sidewalk....

the neighbors dog is still rooting through the trash...

the T is still running...

Bain is still in business, exporting jobs to china.

the BSO is still performing....

the massachussets national guard is still in business.

the trains keep running, the planes keep taking off.

adults keep getting educated in universities...

people still get cured in hospitals...

pupils still attend public schools?

the trash keeps getting picked up??

and the sky is still hanging there above us.

I cant see how letting gays marry would EVER change any of this.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>
You can tell when he's backed into an intellectual corner that he doesn't have the mental tools to escape. That's when he resorts to his hackey "I'm making you mad on purpose, because I am such a puppetmaster" line. The reality is that we find him frustrating because he is an idiot and the only way he can attempt to cover it up is by doubling-down his idiocy into infinity and then claiming that pretending to be an idiot on purpose is somehow less shameful that just being an idiot. In actuality, it's much more pathetic.
Curious how the simpleton amuses himself, isn't it?
His father never told him he was loved, so he spends his days on the internet, desperately pleading for any kind of attention from his betters.
You remember that kid in school that would eat bugs and garbage, just so people would look at them? This is what happens when they are old enough to afford and internet connection.
WOW! An extra stupid post from Frisbee!

"You can tell when he's backed into an intellectual corner..." Backed into an intellectual corner about a girl's name! What a dope.

Get an argument and come back with it jackass, I'll wait.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Good point.
every person was born of a male female union?

have you ever heard of invitro fertilization???

I didnt think so??

and what difference would it make, without me calling you out on that technicality??

please explain to us??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 144,001 - 144,020 of200,204
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••