Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,968

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

#163228 Oct 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like they have been vetting the Benghazi story?
Smirk.
<quoted text>
Scoffing is a substitute for stupidity, not intelligence.
Changing the subject is a cheap, characterless act of a losing debater.
I exposed your charge of bias, and placed it on the mainstream lapdogs. This is why Fox is the most trusted and watched news.
Just a note. I listen to NPR and watch CNN/MSNBC every day (and BBC and Aljazeera for an international flavor). Do you watch FoxNews?
It really (seriously) disturbs me that any of you (in terminal denial) on your side take any of 'us' seriously. Seriously.
Next time, if you don't have a answer directly to my point, don't bother.
Smirk.
smirk yourself...

ill take you seriously when I see it become a problem.

right now?? youre trying to make one.

I have NOT heard of gay rape being a huge problem in the miltary....

it is true (although this goes a bit over your head) that one guy raping another doesnt mean EITHER of them are gay.

I HAVE heard reams of info on hetero rape in the miltary...

why just a few years ago there was a HUGE scandal at the air force acedemy.

Im still waiting for you to post a link to a story....

from a credible source of journalism....

that is tracking more than an isolated case.

hetero rape in the military is WAY bigger a problem.

if you post me something from BBC, MSNBC or NPR?? that is tracking a huge wave of rapes?? for all I know?/ it might happen every day.

but if that is case?? than hetero rape likely happen every hour..

that is just a function of math.

ill believe you....then we can have a real conversation...

I have no anamosity towards you...

I just feel like the right wing needs to get out more and soak up more info from a wider range....

if you listen to(with out scoffing like biden or romney)
to NPR ?? I dont think we should be enemies??

I too listen to NPR sometime..
I dont think they give the full story(all the time).

faux news is just an agiprop machine, designed to influence politics for right wing candidates.....

sort of the same way MSNBC is, but with WAY more errors..

btw: somehow I doubt this is your flagship issue.....
peace for christ sake.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

#163229 Oct 15, 2012
Fry Zimmerman wrote:
<quoted text>
Once you pull your head out of your ass then you can expect the politeness given any reasonable person should expect.
LOL!!
so in other words you are only polite to those who share your values??

please clarify that statement.

then write something else!!
SwordFish

Azusa, CA

#163230 Oct 15, 2012
Glenn Beck, like Hannity and the FoxNews people realize that hate sells and is at the core of Republicaqn tea bagger racists extremism.

They are just marketing themselves to a crowd and Limbaugh (the most vulgar human on the planet) understood this years ago.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

#163233 Oct 15, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>great post.
Id like for you to explain to us how Obama undermined the US in libya??

mabey you could add a commentary on the arab spring, to show me how silly and simple your veiws on the middle east really are.

things that are safe to say
1>much of (but not all) of the people in the middle east hate the US government.

2> MOST people over there realize the Us is there only for the resources.

3> the ground invasions of iraq and afghanistan were HUGE mistakes...

#3 can be backed up by polls.

ps: I dont expect you to repond to this post with anything new.

I have already proven you are WAYYYYYY short on real knowledge beyond what talking points come off the faux tube.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#163234 Oct 15, 2012
SwordFish wrote:
Glenn Beck, like Hannity and the FoxNews people realize that hate sells and is at the core of Republicaqn tea bagger racists extremism.
They are just marketing themselves to a crowd and Limbaugh (the most vulgar human on the planet) understood this years ago.
Thank God we live in a country where free speech is acceptable. This is what keeps us safe from the Government media complex that other countries have. Why do you think websites are banned in Iran and other countries? I'm glad we can hear all sides of the argument. I want to hear what al sharpton and rev wright and jesse jackson have to say. At times they all can make a point we should think about, be critical of the content, not the source. Educate yourself to think outside of the Liberal box.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#163235 Oct 15, 2012
LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>

1>much of (but not all) of the people in the middle east hate the US government.
2> MOST people over there realize the Us is there only for the resources.
3> the ground invasions of iraq and afghanistan were HUGE mistakes...
#3 can be backed up by polls.
We can stop at your #3: polls don't decide everything as has been demonstrated in this topic.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

#163236 Oct 15, 2012
SwordFish wrote:
this week i call them, the bengazi's!!

because of thier coriagraphed feined outrage.

Id have only have taken them seriously if this WAsNT an election season. and they were expressing JUST condolences instead of making this a talking point.

since those guys have been raking this one over the coals??

id say THE right side is the side that is being in INconsiderate of the families, just by politicizing it.

shame on you right wingers...

I wonder what the families thinK??
Smokin Joe

Westminster, CA

#163237 Oct 15, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
And still, not a single good argument against gay marriage. Come on, this is a simple matter of equal rights.
You dumb tranny, you are an uninformed chongo; gays have the same rights to marry as anyone else so stop with your crying go have a banana. Oh Isaw your picture and it's exactly how I pictured you!
Hurry and pull out your worn out race card
ReTardOs

Azusa, CA

#163238 Oct 15, 2012
Magic has all but gone from those.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

#163239 Oct 15, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>We can stop at your #3: polls don't decide everything as has been demonstrated in this topic.
quite right, but this is a poll on a quagmire, riccardo, it isnt going to GO BACK the other way 10 years 11 years into this war.

the election is MUCH MUCH closer.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

#163240 Oct 15, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Thank God we live in a country where free speech is acceptable. This is what keeps us safe from the Government media complex that other countries have. Why do you think websites are banned in Iran and other countries? I'm glad we can hear all sides of the argument. I want to hear what al sharpton and rev wright and jesse jackson have to say. At times they all can make a point we should think about, be critical of the content, not the source. Educate yourself to think outside of the Liberal box.
you like what they have to say???

why dont you like what I have to say then??

on the election?? the fairness issues??

Im like a parrot, ill admit....

so your claim doesnt wash....

if YOU start pushing some of their PRObama lines??
then ill actually believe you.

ps; good line there at the end.....

I use that!!! plagarist!!(just kidding)

are you sure about that watching MSNBC thing??

because they dont have jesse jackson on their very often....

not after those retarded comments he made about Obama in 08'? remember that??

and to add to that ailienation??

his congressman son is under investigation now.

but then again congress has 500+ members??

so at least a few of them are bound to be under investigation at any particular point in time.

peas

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163243 Oct 15, 2012
chief22 wrote:
A sad day in America when the will of the people can be thwarted by the whims of activist judges cowering to special interest groups.
We should just abolish states altogether, they are now meaningless
'The will of the People' to put Unconstitutional Law in place, will not be served. Sorry about your luck, homophobe.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

#163244 Oct 15, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>'The will of the People' to put Unconstitutional Law in place, will not be served. Sorry about your luck, homophobe.
a new poll showed that the show is pretty much OVER for the bigots.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

#163245 Oct 15, 2012
LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you are an illiterate off topic dope.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#163246 Oct 15, 2012
LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
peas
I didn't necessary say I "like" what they say, I "like" the fact they have the right to say hate towards the country. Like the great Rev. Wright with is far fetched speculations. Sometimes they make a correct stand. But you are a parrot that doesn't know how to respond without asking 50 questions on one post 3 pages long. Do you have ADD? I don't like what you have to say a lot because you spend your time mocking people you don't agree with. You never post any links or facts to back up your crap. I hope that helps.
JoeBiten

Huntington Beach, CA

#163247 Oct 15, 2012
ReTardOs wrote:
Magic has all but gone from those.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAA That's a lot of stuff HAAAAAAAAA Wow Man!!
ReTardOs

La Puente, CA

#163248 Oct 15, 2012
I would have shot the LPOWRTOTS..

The newest nod to Dodd would mark a site across town where he was detained after Union soldiers found encoded notes on him about their troop locations.

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#163249 Oct 15, 2012
SwordFish wrote:
Yeah. So ? Wee know them and LOVE them. What's your point ?
maskers

La Puente, CA

#163250 Oct 15, 2012
Why do the police think that they have superior rights than the rest of us?

Do they think that we have secret trials like in the old USSR?

She has every right to post a picture of her accuser online.

He faced her in "open court" his idenity was part of the public record so what's the problem?
Winston Smith

Street, MD

#163251 Oct 15, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
-I was referring to the very first pie graph in the Huffington Post.
-The expectation is that with the removal of DADT, gay assault will increase because eviction from the service for homosexuality is no longer present.
Once again, lies and blissful ignorance are used in your gay twirls. Getting dizzy yet? Where will you shift now???
Note the print at the bottom of the first pie graph dumdum, which states 12%, not 14%. That would be the gender of UNRESTRICTED reports of COMPLETED investigations. The overall numbers for victims are 95% women and 5% men. NOT 14. So you weren't referring to the pie chart, you were referring to some sort of hallucination.

YOU CANNOT PULL PARTIAL DATA AND CLAIM IT IS TOTAL DATA. ARE YOU CLEAR ON THIS POINT OR DO I NEED CRAYONS AND PRETTY COLORED PAPER?
CSM wrote:
<quoted text>The study warns that reports of crimes such as forcible sodomy may increase among males in the coming year with the repeal of the law that barred openly gay troops from serving in the military.“Now victims may be more likely to report sexual offenses in the absence of the former Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell policy,” since troops no longer have to fear being removed from the military if it is discovered that they are gay.
The expectations that with the removal of DADT the REPORTS of gay assault will increase because the risk of eviction from service for homosexuality is not present.

THE ABOVE PARAGRAPH SAYS REPORTS, AS IN REPORTS, NOT TOTAL NUMBERS. NO MENTION IS MADE THAT THE NUMBER OF INSIDENTS WILL RISE. JUST THE REPORTS. AND THE REASON IS STATED CLEARLY IN THE SAME SENTENCE. THIS IS NOT GAY TWIRL, JUST YOU BEING TOO STUPID TO READ A SINGLE SENTENCE AND COME UP WITH A VALID CONCLUSION FROM THE INFORMATION IN THAT SENTENCE. ARE YOU CLEAR ON THIS POINT OR DO I NEED CRAYONS AND PRETTY COLORED PAPER?
CSM wrote:
<quoted text>Even in the face of increasing rates of rape and aggravated assault in the military, Mr. Panetta emphasized that “we assume this is a very underreported crime,” and that incidents of sexual assault are roughly six times as high as reports of the crime. Last year there were 3,191 reports of sexual assault throughout the US military, but Panetta said that, realistically, the estimate for assaults “actually is closer to 19,000.”

A recent military investigation found that many victims of sexual assault say they do not report the crimes because they do not believe the perpetrators will be prosecuted. For this reason, Panetta announced a plan to better train military lawyers in prosecuting sex crimes.
Do I need to read the above paragraphs to you or get out the crayons and pretty colored paper?
CSM wrote:
<quoted text>At the time of the study’s publication,“There were no discernible trends regarding same gender sex crimes.”
Once again, do you need some crayons and pretty paper or is the meaning of the above statement clear enough to sink in to your thick as pigshit skull?

You have got to be the worlds most tiresome idiot. The only thing twirling in here is the tail spin of the WWI biplane you brought to a modern day dogfight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 26 min zhuzhamm 5,079
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 5 hr Pizza 16,000
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 6 hr nickled 2,269
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 hr Eric 69,380
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Wed Blazing saddles 7,954
The inconvenient 17-year pause in global warming (Sep '13) Sep 12 Earthling-1 123
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 11 gotti jr 9
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info