Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
143,881 - 143,900 of 200,366 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
I found a picture of ross-no-hope: http://media.photobucket.com/image/crackhead/...
I found a picture of you:
http://www.topix.com/member/profile/rhudson

Well, at least you don't have to dress up for Halloween.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

And still, not a single good argument against gay marriage. Come on, this is a simple matter of equal rights.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see the links I posted?
Maybe you were one who judged the Huffington Post article?
Did you see that gay assaults (no clear indication yet of lesbian assaults) are three times the percentage they represent in society? Not a good sign for DADT is it.
Just curious. At what rate of sexual assault would you suggest we repeal gays serving?
You're just full of BS.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

jacques renault wrote:
Winston, the homosexual leader, AC 360 or whatever, just interviewed James Bond on 60 Minutes and tried to learn how to shoot a gun
I'm going to be laughing all week about what I just saw
Daydreaming about Anderson all week? Thinking about him holding his gun?

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
From the article;
"The now-benighted concept of "don't ask, don't tell" still holds true in the case of military sexual assault: Due to a climate of impunity and retaliation, many survivors suffer in silence."
Having pointed out your mistake, you also bring up the politically correct denial. It does slip by though, once again with the noting that 14% of reported rapes are males.
You also support that denial by seeking to divert from that by distorting the fact that gay rapes account for 14% of reported rapes. A much higher percentage per homosexual orientation than heterosexual.
You really are stupid. What makes you think the men doing the raping of other men are all gay? Rape isn't a version of consensual sex. It's power trip.
KiMare wrote:
You also neglect to note the indication in the other article that they expect that percentage to increase with the repeal of DADT.
Did they set a date?
KiMare wrote:
The bottom line is this; The whole integration of diversity in the military has opened a Pandora's Box. Something gays denied would happen.
BS. Some people "expecting" something isn't a Pandora's Box.
KiMare wrote:
Something gays also deny will happen with calling gay unions 'marriage'.
What could happen? What has happened in places were gay marriage is recognized?
KiMare wrote:
Interestingly, in spite to your gay twirl fantasy clearly disintegrating, you still try to dumb down your denial.
Look at where this discussion has progressed here just today. Mocking disdain about my warning of any problem being present to discounting a clear and present danger.
A very inconvenient truth, isn't it?
What truth?

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Scooby Doo wrote:
I am uphauled that Prosition 8 was overturned when it was voted on in Nov. 2008 and it passed by 7 million Californians!!! What is the point of voting for anything if it is going to be so disregarded. Why vote??? The Judge has overstepped and done California a huge disservice. Fire that judge immediately!
Don't vote! We'd be better off if homophobes like you just stayed home. Then learn about the Constitution. It promises all citizens equal protection under the law. Prop H8 violates that. Since it does, it's the job to the judiciary (look up the term) to get rid of the law. Ever wonder why we have 3 branches of government, checks and balances, and just don't vote on everything?
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are stupid. What makes you think the men doing the raping of other men are all gay? Rape isn't a version of consensual sex. It's power trip.
<quoted text>
Did they set a date?
<quoted text>
BS. Some people "expecting" something isn't a Pandora's Box.
<quoted text>
What could happen? What has happened in places were gay marriage is recognized?
<quoted text>
What truth?
you 're trying to teach chemistry to a chimp.
Dan

Tokyo, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
this is about when I ask you what your real point is??
because once you make it??
and I dont repond??
here is a clue??? it was probably off topic .....
do you have anyhting useful to add to the debate??
no??
that is like walking into a resturant and using the facilities, but only ordering a glass of ice water.
Well unlike you it's on the topic idiot.

I believe gays should be allowed to marry nationwide given there is no inherent harm in it and that it involves itself with a basic liberty they as Americans should possess.

So please fuckwad....don't start talking about the price of watermelons in India or how thermal changes will affect dress codes in China...stick to the subject at hand.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well unlike you it's on the topic idiot.
I believe gays should be allowed to marry nationwide given there is no inherent harm in it and that it involves itself with a basic liberty they as Americans should possess.
So please fuckwad....don't start talking about the price of watermelons in India or how thermal changes will affect dress codes in China...stick to the subject at hand.
excellent, glad to know it!!

now can you do something about the rudeness?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
excellent, glad to know it!!
now can you do something about the rudeness?
Once you pull your head out of your ass then you can expect the politeness given any reasonable person should expect.

LOL!!
Michael Clark Duncan

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Fry Zimmerman wrote:
<quoted text>
Once you pull your head out of your ass then you can expect the politeness given any reasonable person should expect.
LOL!!
You first! LOL
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
since you guys dont really deal in real facts?? from the real world??(the whole bengazi thing is just the primest example of right wing political BS myopia....)).
tell that to the families of those Americans killed in Benghazi.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Look minimind, you really are stretching the truth. Silence has been the norm on sexual assault for a very long time. Your ridiculous misinterpretation of statistics is amusing. You can't even get your numbers straight. I'm not certain which link you're quoting, but the Christian Science Monitor states that women account for 95% of the victims in rapes occuring in the military. That means 5% are men. That doesn't mean anything about the sexual orientation of the victim or the perp. I don't know where you came up with the 14% figure. I'm assuming that was either a typo (unlikely) or you have a problem with interpeting the articles. It is also worth noting that a man raping another man doesn't mean that either of them are gay.
The warning of an increase is nothing short of hysteria. As the study I linked to indicates, nothing bad has happened in the last year.
I also love your misinterpretation of this:
While women comprise 14 percent of the Army ranks, they account for 95 percent of all sex crime victims.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
An increase in the number of reports because there is less fear of retaliation doesn't equate to more occurences. Just a higher percentage of them reported. Your interpretation of the statement doesn't hold water. You have an amazing ability to see things that aren't there. Don't worry, I expect you to "twirl" the facts to suit your fears.
-I was referring to the very first pie graph in the Huffington Post.

-The expectation is that with the removal of DADT, gay assault will increase because eviction from the service for homosexuality is no longer present.

Once again, lies and blissful ignorance are used in your gay twirls. Getting dizzy yet? Where will you shift now???

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
probably you...
none of us out here in the real world, trust info from inside fantasy land....
and I think the others have it well in hand.
why didnt this story sweep the news?? and become real credible news story?? most likely because it wasnt.
evn the lame stream media vet their stories, before screaming "look, look!!, so they dont look stoooopid, like you.
It did. Just was put on the back page (for some reason... hummm).

Do a search and see what comes up. I used the HP just for you.

So much for your 'real world'.

Bazinga.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like they have been vetting the Benghazi story?
Smirk.
LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
so now you are off to bengazi like the rest of the right winged sheep??
that one has been spent and spent again...like the whole gas prices talking point, earlier this year....
not one of us on this side takes ANY OF YOU seriously with your feined outrage!!
it is soooooo transparent.
what about the other hot spot issues in the middle east/??
somehow I dont think youll be offereing me any of romneys positions on those areas.......and WHAT is romneys position On libya??
do you even know??
i didnt think so.
Scoffing is a substitute for stupidity, not intelligence.

Changing the subject is a cheap, characterless act of a losing debater.

I exposed your charge of bias, and placed it on the mainstream lapdogs. This is why Fox is the most trusted and watched news.

Just a note. I listen to NPR and watch CNN/MSNBC every day (and BBC and Aljazeera for an international flavor). Do you watch FoxNews?

It really (seriously) disturbs me that any of you (in terminal denial) on your side take any of 'us' seriously. Seriously.

Next time, if you don't have a answer directly to my point, don't bother.

Smirk.
jacques renault

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Daydreaming about Anderson all week? Thinking about him holding his gun?
he was dressed like James Bond with the same haircut but then the hilarity ensued

just like with homosexual marriage, that's all
jacques renault

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You called me a monkey.
Trying to deny it?
everyone called you a monkey
SunBeam

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Just look sky wards and star at the sun for a while and you see the light.
JoeBiten

Diamond Bar, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Boycott Marriott wrote:
Don't even use a credit card at any Marriott hotels motels or flea bag spots where Republican an tea baggers sleep.
HAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAA Thats a bunch of Malarky HAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA. Like my big horse teeth? Remember Osama BinLaden is dead and GM is alive and also 3 embassy workers are dead.
JoeBiten

Diamond Bar, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

SunBeam wrote:
Just look sky wards and star at the sun for a while and you see the light.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAA OH man HAAAHAAAAAA

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••