Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
143,841 - 143,860 of 200,369 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
jacques renault

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Your source is about as reliable as World Nut Daily or Lifesitenews......here's what it says in the about us:
No, its a real news organization owned by a church The First Church of Christ, Scientist, in Boston, Mass., USA.
I'd rather you provide a credible news source......thanks!!!
you don't know that is a credible news source?
jacques renault

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Winston, the homosexual leader, AC 360 or whatever, just interviewed James Bond on 60 Minutes and tried to learn how to shoot a gun

I'm going to be laughing all week about what I just saw
Winston Smith

Rosedale, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see the links I posted?
Maybe you were one who judged the Huffington Post article?
Did you see that gay assaults (no clear indication yet of lesbian assaults) are three times the percentage they represent in society? Not a good sign for DADT is it.
Just curious. At what rate of sexual assault would you suggest we repeal gays serving?
It says nothing about DADT. That has been repealed for a year now. The trend you're pointing out goes back more than one year. According to one of your links the overall average in our military is about 2 per 1000 soldiers. 0.2%. In colleges move the decimal to the right one spot and multiply by 1.5 to 2.5. Are you suggesting we have separate learning facilities for men and women too, or should we just exclude women from higher learning?

ONCE AGAIN you fail at showing a cause and effect relationship between women getting raped and what you claim repealing DADT will cause (and hasn't as of yet).
ShysterWynn

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Yet ANOTHER big mouth so called businessman who votes for the "elitist party," Republicans.

This fools nose is growing during this interview. A gambler who fleeces people all the while claiming to be Mother Theresa in drag.

Starting to look pretty old there Wynn. Too bad.

No fool like a crook old fool.
Winston Smith

Rosedale, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

jacques renault wrote:
Winston, the homosexual leader, AC 360 or whatever, just interviewed James Bond on 60 Minutes and tried to learn how to shoot a gun
I'm going to be laughing all week about what I just saw
"Then, she worked to get approval from the movie studio to put Anderson in Bond's Aston Martin. When she had finally convinced them to allow it and had sorted out the insurance paperwork, Anderson broke the news: He can only drive an automatic."

Put down the crack pipe, jacquesass. Out of the three trucks and one car I own, only one is an automatic. Used 2008 F350s are hard to come by with a manual transmission. You're caught out in yet another dumb comment/assumption.
Winston Smith

Waldorf, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

A few of you folks might want to look at this:

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/build.html

You can thank me later for guiding you to self preservation from the gay menace.
Boycott Marriott

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

John Willard Bill Marriott Jr. a Willard Mitt Romney contemporary, fellow Mormon scion and, along with his brother, a donor of more than $1 million to the Republican Tea Baggers efforts.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
It says nothing about DADT. That has been repealed for a year now. The trend you're pointing out goes back more than one year. According to one of your links the overall average in our military is about 2 per 1000 soldiers. 0.2%. In colleges move the decimal to the right one spot and multiply by 1.5 to 2.5. Are you suggesting we have separate learning facilities for men and women too, or should we just exclude women from higher learning?
ONCE AGAIN you fail at showing a cause and effect relationship between women getting raped and what you claim repealing DADT will cause (and hasn't as of yet).
From the article;

"The now-benighted concept of "don't ask, don't tell" still holds true in the case of military sexual assault: Due to a climate of impunity and retaliation, many survivors suffer in silence."

Having pointed out your mistake, you also bring up the politically correct denial. It does slip by though, once again with the noting that 14% of reported rapes are males.

You also support that denial by seeking to divert from that by distorting the fact that gay rapes account for 14% of reported rapes. A much higher percentage per homosexual orientation than heterosexual.

You also neglect to note the indication in the other article that they expect that percentage to increase with the repeal of DADT.

The bottom line is this; The whole integration of diversity in the military has opened a Pandora's Box. Something gays denied would happen. Something gays also deny will happen with calling gay unions 'marriage'.

Interestingly, in spite to your gay twirl fantasy clearly disintegrating, you still try to dumb down your denial.

Look at where this discussion has progressed here just today. Mocking disdain about my warning of any problem being present to discounting a clear and present danger.

A very inconvenient truth, isn't it?
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Your source is about as reliable as World Nut Daily or Lifesitenews......here's what it says in the about us:
No, its a real news organization owned by a church The First Church of Christ, Scientist, in Boston, Mass., USA.
isnt that alwys the case??

it is like these bigots wont listen to anyone but other bigots!!

mabey because they are bigoted.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead and play the fool.
But posting your asshat views on politics which are in no way connected to gay marriage in a forum based on just that is not only off topic but ignorant.
No different than if you were to walk into Baskin Robbins and advise you wanted your burger cooked medium you idiot.
FYI.
this is about when I ask you what your real point is??

because once you make it??

and I dont repond??

here is a clue??? it was probably off topic .....

do you have anyhting useful to add to the debate??

no??

that is like walking into a resturant and using the facilities, but only ordering a glass of ice water.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
"The military is not exempt from theses statistics;"
Calm down Kimmy. I don't think you meant exempt as your links aren't about the military. Some people are violent. Sexual orientation isn't a factor. Get some new material.
One out of every three women in the US will be the victim of domestic violence. The lesbians are a bit off their game.
http://domesticviolencestatistics.org/
Almost 1 out of 5 teenage girls is threatened with violence or self harm by their boy friend when they try to break up with them.
http:
//domesticviolencestatistics.o rg
/domestic-violence-statistics/
Just a helpful tip for you, some links get cropped by topix if they're too long. Hit return after the http bit and in the middle of them so we can cut & paste 'em into a new window with the greatest of ease.
how dare ou throw real information at a tea bagger.

they only process certain types of information.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
A few of you folks might want to look at this:
http://zapatopi.net/afdb/build.html
You can thank me later for guiding you to self preservation from the gay menace.
cute!! the T-baggers use those to deflect any real knowledge from getting in to their heads....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
isnt that alwys the case??
it is like these bigots wont listen to anyone but other bigots!!
mabey because they are bigoted.
I posted a variety of sources. They all support each other.

Another inconvenient truth, isn't it?

Now who is the ignorant bigots?
jacques renault

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
"Then, she worked to get approval from the movie studio to put Anderson in Bond's Aston Martin. When she had finally convinced them to allow it and had sorted out the insurance paperwork, Anderson broke the news: He can only drive an automatic."
Put down the crack pipe, jacquesass. Out of the three trucks and one car I own, only one is an automatic. Used 2008 F350s are hard to come by with a manual transmission. You're caught out in yet another dumb comment/assumption.
what--I wasn't saying you're Anderson Cooper
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I posted a variety of sources. They all support each other.
Another inconvenient truth, isn't it?
Now who is the ignorant bigots?
probably you...

none of us out here in the real world, trust info from inside fantasy land....

and I think the others have it well in hand.

why didnt this story sweep the news?? and become real credible news story?? most likely because it wasnt.

evn the lame stream media vet their stories, before screaming "look, look!!, so they dont look stoooopid, like you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

http://althouse.blogspot.com/2012/10/after-be...

After the Benghazi attack: "We're going through a mission accomplished moment."
Here's Bob Woodward, today on "Fox News Sunday," talking about the what the Obama administration has said about the Benghazi attacks:

WOODWARD: There are lots of unanswered questions. And I love documents, and they released some documents in this, and if you go and look at the original request for more security, they say our policy, our goal here is to shift from an emergency footing to normalize the security relationship.

Now, this is in March, six, seven months ago. Anyone looking at that what say, wait a minute, read the document in which they say, oh, the situation is incredibly unstable. Well, why are you trying to normalize your security in a situation that's visibly unstable? You even acknowledge that.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
this is about when I ask you what your real point is??
because once you make it??
and I dont repond??
here is a clue??? it was probably off topic .....
do you have anyhting useful to add to the debate??
no??
that is like walking into a resturant and using the facilities, but only ordering a glass of ice water.
Seriously, learn how to spell and basic grammar or send me the money for the aspirin I require after reading your nonsense.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
probably you...
none of us out here in the real world, trust info from inside fantasy land....
and I think the others have it well in hand.
why didnt this story sweep the news?? and become real credible news story?? most likely because it wasnt.
evn the lame stream media vet their stories, before screaming "look, look!!, so they dont look stoooopid, like you.
You mean like they have been vetting the Benghazi story?

Smirk.
Scooby Doo

Oxnard, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

I am uphauled that Prosition 8 was overturned when it was voted on in Nov. 2008 and it passed by 7 million Californians!!! What is the point of voting for anything if it is going to be so disregarded. Why vote??? The Judge has overstepped and done California a huge disservice. Fire that judge immediately!
jacques renault

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Scooby Doo wrote:
I am uphauled that Prosition 8 was overturned when it was voted on in Nov. 2008 and it passed by 7 million Californians!!! What is the point of voting for anything if it is going to be so disregarded. Why vote??? The Judge has overstepped and done California a huge disservice. Fire that judge immediately!
he immediately retired to become the big man in San Francisco

was it this judge or the Jet Blue flight attendant who their last day at work got hit in the head by a woman with a beehive hairdo, started yelling at everyone to go screw themselves, deployed the escape chute and ran through the airport to be arrested at home in bed with another man?

maybe it was Siegfried and Roy

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••