Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
143,801 - 143,820 of 200,597 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
is this really even still an issue in the dorms??
i havent heard of any fullmetal jacket style hazings because of staright and gay soldiers living together?? have you?
rememeber? if it is not broken??
though I appreciate your concerns.
Issues do not always appear as violent acts. Again, you are trying to dumb down a very complex issue.

You should learn basic grammar and spelling before you attempt critical thinking.
Winston Smith

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not thinking this through. I appreciate your fantasy that we all just need to be adult about this, but that is not reality.
We are not just talking about a "college dorm" when we speak of the military. We are talking about the possibility of being housed with many in a tent, open bay showering facilities etc., where privacy simply isn't an option.
This isn't as simple as saying "grow up." And I do not think that people who take exception and show concern in these situations are being irrational or bigoted.
Again, the issue simply isn't that simple.
If the majority of the military didn't have a problem with DADT getting dumped then why is there a privacy issue? What is the rational basis for needing privacy in a men's dorm/tent/ship/etc. if it didn't matter under DADT? The only thing that has changed is the "need" to hide your orientation. You have mentioned it being uncomfortable and rational twice, but you've not elaborated on the substance of that rationality.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're overstating the bit about sympathy for terror victims. It appears that his problem is that you're beating a dead horse and ignoring the rest of the dead horses. It is part of the problem with our politics. Someone can be ruined by a single issue in spite of the rest of what they bring to the table. There is a whole lot of he said she said style crap going on in the current side show. When the fact checkers get rolling along it becomes apparent that we're being drawn along but a flood of lies. Pick the ones you want to drift with.
You've given more hints about your political leanings than just having sympathy for victims. You seem to be opposed to homosexuality. At least for marriage. At least that appears to be the side you're taking (no, I'm not going to trawl back through your every witty retort and dissect your psychological profile for accuracy). It is the side you seem to have selected and if it isn't you need to work on your clarity with more than insults. It isn't a leap of faith to assume that you might be republican, right wing, or conservative depending upon what labeling system you favor. On balance there are more of them in opposition than there are people who would identify as left wing, liberal, or democrat.
I doubt anyone, left, right, center, democrat, republican, independent doesn't have sympathy for any victims. Whether they be collateral damage or the result of terrorist actions.
As far as the name is concerned, he used not only a girl's name, but the name of a man that ought to be recognised by anyone keeping track of US politics at the federal level.
THANK YOU!!!

i couldnt have said it better.

it is ok that Mike doesnt want to engage...

he is a nice guy anyways...

I'm guessing hes a libertarian!!

I certainly never expressed any ill spirit regarding the attack.....

as you pointed out, I only doubted his motives because the rest of the right wing was squaking about this issue in unison.

we appreciate thier concern, but the world is a big place, and the foriegn policy debate is likely to visit a few more troubled destinations before election day!!

btw: it was a, he said he said....

.....and paul ryan, might as well be paul rand.

pps: do you fly to different destinations all day because the ingsoc authorities are on to you??

say hi to julia for me!

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're overstating the bit about sympathy for terror victims. It appears that his problem is that you're beating a dead horse and ignoring the rest of the dead horses. It is part of the problem with our politics. Someone can be ruined by a single issue in spite of the rest of what they bring to the table. There is a whole lot of he said she said style crap going on in the current side show. When the fact checkers get rolling along it becomes apparent that we're being drawn along but a flood of lies. Pick the ones you want to drift with.
You've given more hints about your political leanings than just having sympathy for victims. You seem to be opposed to homosexuality. At least for marriage. At least that appears to be the side you're taking (no, I'm not going to trawl back through your every witty retort and dissect your psychological profile for accuracy). It is the side you seem to have selected and if it isn't you need to work on your clarity with more than insults. It isn't a leap of faith to assume that you might be republican, right wing, or conservative depending upon what labeling system you favor. On balance there are more of them in opposition than there are people who would identify as left wing, liberal, or democrat.
I doubt anyone, left, right, center, democrat, republican, independent doesn't have sympathy for any victims. Whether they be collateral damage or the result of terrorist actions.
As far as the name is concerned, he used not only a girl's name, but the name of a man that ought to be recognised by anyone keeping track of US politics at the federal level.
Lyin Ayn trivialized the horrendous acts of terror against our citizens. I called her on it. Simple. Why are you trying to make it into something else? Psychological profiles indeed.

Give it up Winston. Guessing a person's politics based on one sentence is dumb. Guessing someone with a girl's name is a girl is much less so. All he had to say is, I'm not a girl. Calling me stupid about it is a cheap diversion. It didn't work.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
ron paul voter huh?
or is gary?
nice guys both of them.....
both of them have much more character personally speaking, than ROmney could ever even dream of having....
Doesn't matter. The point is if a third party or independent candidate gets a considerable number of votes, the other candidates take note and if they are wise, adopt some of their positions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
If the majority of the military didn't have a problem with DADT getting dumped then why is there a privacy issue? What is the rational basis for needing privacy in a men's dorm/tent/ship/etc. if it didn't matter under DADT? The only thing that has changed is the "need" to hide your orientation. You have mentioned it being uncomfortable and rational twice, but you've not elaborated on the substance of that rationality.
Most in the military didn't care, because they were thinking battle field- and I don't think anyone cares out there who you desire to hang with in your personal life as long as they are certain and confident that you have their back.

In the past people have "questioned" the orientation of another, either rationally or irrationally, and that could lead to personal choices about self segregation, such as choosing not to shower or change in that persons presence when possible. With open admission there is no question, and again, I do not think it is fair to label a person who has issue with those situations as "bigoted", "childish", or a "homophobe."

One would not find these feelings to be irrational if the same were stated in the case of male vs female.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter. The point is if a third party or independent candidate gets a considerable number of votes, the other candidates take note and if they are wise, adopt some of their positions.
exactly!! wouldnt it be great if gary johnson got enough votes to do that.

medical marijuana(or decriminalization) is SO low on the totem pole of debate issues this season.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Most in the military didn't care, because they were thinking battle field- and I don't think anyone cares out there who you desire to hang with in your personal life as long as they are certain and confident that you have their back.
In the past people have "questioned" the orientation of another, either rationally or irrationally, and that could lead to personal choices about self segregation, such as choosing not to shower or change in that persons presence when possible. With open admission there is no question, and again, I do not think it is fair to label a person who has issue with those situations as "bigoted", "childish", or a "homophobe."
One would not find these feelings to be irrational if the same were stated in the case of male vs female.
wow I get your point already!!

If I have , lets hope HE has..
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Lyin Ayn trivialized the horrendous acts of terror against our citizens. I called her on it. Simple. Why are you trying to make it into something else? Psychological profiles indeed.
Give it up Winston. Guessing a person's politics based on one sentence is dumb. Guessing someone with a girl's name is a girl is much less so. All he had to say is, I'm not a girl. Calling me stupid about it is a cheap diversion. It didn't work.
mike.....all the evidence should be in...

im not a gal.

you just thought I was because of "ayn" right?

or was it because i was so descriptive??
and smart!!

sorry about everything!!!

when are you going to get over it and make up??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
wow I get your point already!!
If I have , lets hope HE has..
Let me help you:

[W]ow [,] I get your point already!

If I have[,] let[']s hope he has.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly!! wouldnt it be great if gary johnson got enough votes to do that.
medical marijuana(or decriminalization) is SO low on the totem pole of debate issues this season.
What the hell is Obama doing with his war on people who use a legally doctor recommended medicine? Is this his philosophy? Or is it a political deal? Either way, it stinks.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
mike.....all the evidence should be in...
im not a gal.
you just thought I was because of "ayn" right?
or was it because i was so descriptive??
and smart!!
sorry about everything!!!
when are you going to get over it and make up??
No, it's because you act like a girl.

I hold a grudge toots, you're gonna have to work it, maybe someday I'll get over it but I doubt it. You'd be better off not trying. I won't be cutting you any slack. When you f*ck up, I'll be there.
TunaCharlie

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Weather's great.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell is Obama doing with his war on people who use a legally doctor recommended medicine? Is this his philosophy? Or is it a political deal? Either way, it stinks.
no kidding huh??

ill bet president G.johnson would try to repeal the controled substance act of 1970...

Obama and his election year crack down...

remember when paul Ryan went to colorado early last month and was "pro-states" , deciding this issue, for like a day?? before he had to walk it back.

both candidates obvious suck on this issue...

luckily for me?? im not self interested enough to vote on that issue alone.....

it isnt REALLY part of the mainstrem american debate at the moment.

although at least half of all americans want to see pot decriminalized(which I think would be a smart first step, right?)

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

My gosh!!! Four blondes in a row!
Please explain the specific similarity between denying blacks the right to serve and my reasoning for not mixing orientation attraction in a military setting.
So far, all you did was a partial quote with an ad homoan attack. I'll be real interested to see my hallucinations and non-rationality exposed Marsha.
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
You, just like the racists way back in history, are making cause and effect claims that have no rational basis. This is just the sort of steaming pile of BS that seems to occur with an alarming degree of frequency from the dogma kennel. Blacks will revolt if we let them in the military. The society will be turned on its head if we give women the vote. Blacks will be raping your white daughters if we recognize them as human beings. Gays will be converting your sons if we allow them out of the closet. That is the similarity. Why I need to point that out for you defies all logic.
Living paranoid? Why not just roll yourself up in bubble wrap & pull a blanket over your head? Tinfoil hats for everyone! You might not think 9/11 wuz an inside job. You may not be of the mind that Obama, the Muslim terrust, ain't no US citizen. But you're suckin' on the same teats.
We already know that there is a huge problem with heterosexual abuse and rape in the military. This is WITH the genders separated.

Now we add homosexuals NOT separated. And you assert there is no rational basis for concern.

Moreover, you equate my reasoning to blacks will revolt, woman will rule (they already did), blacks will rape whites(some do) and gays will convert boys (gay pedophiles do). I have asserted none of these things.

On the other hand, you asserted that butch lesbians dress and act like men to be 'comfortable'. Another denial of human mating behavior. The same behavior you deny would/is occurring in the military.

You are not in a bubble, you are simply gay twirling no matter how utterly idiotic it becomes.

Here is the simple reality. You claim that two gays serving in closer quarters than heterosexuals are allowed to will never be attracted. Really.

The Greeks recognized the implications of that situation and used it in limited measures. Placing two sexually bonded men in a life and death situation incurred extreme commitment to protect their lover. You deny that tendency in this situation. Why? Because you know it undermines the more important requirement of obedience to leadership in a modern army.

You are supporting the weakening of our military. That is point blank traitorous.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's because you act like a girl.
I hold a grudge toots, you're gonna have to work it, maybe someday I'll get over it but I doubt it. You'd be better off not trying. I won't be cutting you any slack. When you f*ck up, I'll be there.
if wanting to debate is acting like a girl??

then the candidate are a bunch of girlie men, arnt they!!!

lighten up mike, it will do ya good...

so I roughed ya up a little on the foreign issues??

get over it and join the humans...

ps: im counting on you to be there to critique my left leaning rants!!

that is why you have "post comment button", in front of you to voice your veiws....

take a shot at it!

i promise, ill take it easy.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me help you:
[W]ow [,] I get your point already!
If I have[,] let[']s hope he has.
get over it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
if wanting to debate is acting like a girl??
What you do could hardly be confused with debate.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
get over it.
Get educated, and I will.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
My gosh!!! Four blondes in a row!
Please explain the specific similarity between denying blacks the right to serve and my reasoning for not mixing orientation attraction in a military setting.
So far, all you did was a partial quote with an ad homoan attack. I'll be real interested to see my hallucinations and non-rationality exposed Marsha.
<quoted text>
We already know that there is a huge problem with heterosexual abuse and rape in the military. This is WITH the genders separated.
Now we add homosexuals NOT separated. And you assert there is no rational basis for concern.
Moreover, you equate my reasoning to blacks will revolt, woman will rule (they already did), blacks will rape whites(some do) and gays will convert boys (gay pedophiles do). I have asserted none of these things.
On the other hand, you asserted that butch lesbians dress and act like men to be 'comfortable'. Another denial of human mating behavior. The same behavior you deny would/is occurring in the military.
You are not in a bubble, you are simply gay twirling no matter how utterly idiotic it becomes.
Here is the simple reality. You claim that two gays serving in closer quarters than heterosexuals are allowed to will never be attracted. Really.
The Greeks recognized the implications of that situation and used it in limited measures. Placing two sexually bonded men in a life and death situation incurred extreme commitment to protect their lover. You deny that tendency in this situation. Why? Because you know it undermines the more important requirement of obedience to leadership in a modern army.
You are supporting the weakening of our military. That is point blank traitorous.
you were a little vague there??

were you promoting the spartan tradition of gay warriors??

mabey that is what we need....

in the mean time, I wouldnt worry about the repeal of dont ask dont tell......
ive been here on this thread, 3 days??

and no one has presented a link to a story chronicling any friction(about gays bunking with striaghts) in the 13 months since the ban was lifted...

mabey our soldiers are getting over it......

........so get OVER IT!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey
•••