Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
143,741 - 143,760 of 200,347 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
Guess who ?
bigot!
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said toots, silly me thought you were a girl since you gave yourself a girl's name. The rest of your nonsense is way off topic.
I see a girl's name I assume you're a girl. You see I have sympathy for Americans tortured and killed abroad you assume I'm a right winger voting for Romney/Ryan. Who is dumber?
dont get the posters mixed up mikey.

winston and I have differeing veiws.

I know you made a mistake right??

no one could mistake "winston" for girl.

so how about those veiws on the rest of the REAL hot spots?? like afghanistan?
let us know where you stand.....

the bengazi thing is just getting old, and it sounds alot like a pre-programmed talking point. so typically republican!!
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
good come back riccaro....
I like howe your learning to become a better debator by sticking with me.
I too was disgusted at how much support there was in the democratic party for the war vote. shame on them.
That is why I supported Obama over clinton in 08'
it is pathetic!! every election I voted in from 88' to 04, had either a bush or a clinton on the ticket......
that was another reason why barack edge clinton out, our party didnt want a modern dynasty....like yours had.
lets just say that didnt turn out to well for the republican party!
like where was poppy and dubya come convention time.?
it is a huge advantage that the democrats have now.....
bill clinton.
on Iraq??? it was a needless fabricated war that left 100000 dead.
I dont think al gore would have gone in....
you see where all that patriotic bluster went!!
80% of americans now want afghnaistan to end.
quick mission to kill wanted terrorists..... good!!
long protracted quagmire to get oil feilds???...... bad.
ryan chose war last week.
ill stick with the party and candidate that is willing to negociate.
with regards to war and foriegn policy??
I felt like the adults took back over on 1/20/09.
it used to be republicans would rescue democratic presidents from unwanted wars???
now it appears to be the opposite!!
the republicans started two wars that the democrats are now ending!!
good!!
it is about time!
ps: mabey you can explain further some of romneys positions on afghanistan and IRan......all Ive been hearing about is Libya??
But all you do is blame bush, my point was it wasn't just bush and now look at the position Hillary is in, she is a war monger. Obama's Senate voting record on Iraq is quite similar to that of Hillary Clinton. Both senators waited until May 2007 before they finally voted to cut off funds for the war, on the grounds that the administration had not agreed to a firm timetable for withdrawal. They both voted against a June 2006 amendment proposed by John Kerry (D-Mass.) for the redeployment of U.S. troops. Once the war started Obama voted to cut military.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Since: Sep 12

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
good come back riccaro....
I like howe your learning to become a better debator by sticking with me.
I too was disgusted at how much support there was in the democratic party for the war vote. shame on them.
That is why I supported Obama over clinton in 08'
it is pathetic!! every election I voted in from 88' to 04, had either a bush or a clinton on the ticket......
that was another reason why barack edge clinton out, our party didnt want a modern dynasty....like yours had.
lets just say that didnt turn out to well for the republican party!
like where was poppy and dubya come convention time.?
it is a huge advantage that the democrats have now.....
bill clinton.
on Iraq??? it was a needless fabricated war that left 100000 dead.
I dont think al gore would have gone in....
you see where all that patriotic bluster went!!
80% of americans now want afghnaistan to end.
quick mission to kill wanted terrorists..... good!!
long protracted quagmire to get oil feilds???...... bad.
ryan chose war last week.
ill stick with the party and candidate that is willing to negociate.
with regards to war and foriegn policy??
I felt like the adults took back over on 1/20/09.
it used to be republicans would rescue democratic presidents from unwanted wars???
now it appears to be the opposite!!
the republicans started two wars that the democrats are now ending!!
good!!
it is about time!
ps: mabey you can explain further some of romneys positions on afghanistan and IRan......all Ive been hearing about is Libya??
No one is obligated to explain Romney's positions on a thread about marriage you dopey jackass. And no one cares about your simplistic opinions. There are plenty of threads for that. Or maybe you were laughed out of them?

Learn to spell, learn grammar, punctuation and how to construct a sentence. It won't make your stupid opinions any smarter but at least your posts will be legible and coherent.
Winston Smith

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said toots, silly me thought you were a girl since you gave yourself a girl's name. The rest of your nonsense is way off topic.
I see a girl's name I assume you're a girl. You see I have sympathy for Americans tortured and killed abroad you assume I'm a right winger voting for Romney/Ryan. Who is dumber?
Where have I assumed anything about your political orientation or who you support? What is clear is you're not one to think things through. Otherwise you wouldn't make assumptions. The topic, or subtopic as it applied to the dialogue about another persons board name was the origination of the name. You assumed, foolishly, it was because he was a woman. If you just excercised a few brain cells and looked into it you wouldn't have looked so dumb.

Having sympathy for torture victims doesn't impart any knowledge about one's political belief (apart from that of the torturer himself).

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
the bengazi thing is just getting old, and it sounds alot like a pre-programmed talking point. so typically republican!!
He speaks for you, I treat him accordingly toots. You're interchangeable.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Benghazi will never get old to the people who lost loved ones. Their pain will last a very long time. Maybe someday you'll understand that the hard way. Hope not for your sake. But if it happens you'll get angry when someone trivializes it just to get elected won't you?

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>

Having sympathy for torture victims doesn't impart any knowledge about one's political belief (apart from that of the torturer himself).
My point exactly you dope.
Winston Smith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
You're quite funny toots. I was simply trying to show you the light by pointing out what you should have done instead of making an idiotic assumption. I don't speak for anyone but myself.

Try to get an impulse across a synapse occasionally.

“Formerly Frankie Rizzo”

Canarsie, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Where have I assumed anything about your political orientation or who you support? What is clear is you're not one to think things through. Otherwise you wouldn't make assumptions. The topic, or subtopic as it applied to the dialogue about another persons board name was the origination of the name. You assumed, foolishly, it was because he was a woman. If you just excercised a few brain cells and looked into it you wouldn't have looked so dumb.
Why don't you use your favorite insult Winston? Imply that I'm gay. Or are you saving that for last?
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
Benghazi will never get old to the people who lost loved ones. Their pain will last a very long time. Maybe someday you'll understand that the hard way. Hope not for your sake. But if it happens you'll get angry when someone trivializes it just to get elected won't you?
they certainly will....

but you wont.

you are just using this thing as a poltical talking point...

and everyone knows it.

Id ask you to elaborate about the situation?? but details arnt your stong point.

and we also know that you are afraid to talk candidly about foriegn policy, because weve asked you a few times to go into details about how you or mabey a president romney would handle the middle east.....

voters are intereted in him and what his veiws on foriegn policy are???....... and all you can talk about is libya???

you are a SHI%&ty campaigner for the republican ticket.
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

R Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Spellcheck time:
Aversion
personhood
zygotes
youre funny, last nite you misspelled a word as well....

but now that you are sober??
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Mike DiRucci wrote:
<quoted text>
so here we are?? you accusing me of putting words in your mouth??

and somehow windston and I are "interchangable"??

who can take you seriously....

still waitng on some substance on that foriegn policy thing??

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Genders are separated STRICTLY because of the physical difference......nothing to do with their sexual orientation!!!
They actually do and can behave........and I was HARDLY sanitizing anything......as for your comment about Gays in authority violating their position......that has been happening by males in authority towards women for over 40 years......so, please don't make it sound as one is worse than the other.....both are equally wrong!!!
You have some proof to back up this story that was told, right?
Have you served? or are you just talking BS out of your azz?
Please, tell me you are not really serious. You know the next argument is that heterosexuals might cause pregnancy, right? The only thing 'strictly' is your stupidity!

Next you claim they 'can and DO' behave, but proceed to protest my supposed discrimination about misbehavior by heteros (which I brought up).

You top it off with this logic; if one is wrong, adding another wrong to it, makes it okay.

I bet you are not just a NorCal Native, but a NorCal Blonde Native, right?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

DorN wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
If men and women were quartered together, pregnancy would result.
So, NOT being quartered together (or birth control for that matter) stops pregnancy in the military.

Please tell me DorN doesn't stand for DrNo, and you are a blonde who miss-spelled it...
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
You're quite funny toots. I was simply trying to show you the light by pointing out what you should have done instead of making an idiotic assumption. I don't speak for anyone but myself.
Try to get an impulse across a synapse occasionally.
it is tough for him.....

he is kinda showing he is quite two dimensional.

I wish he had something other to say(esp about the middle east), than regurgitated faux news talking points!!
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So, NOT being quartered together (or birth control for that matter) stops pregnancy in the military.
Please tell me DorN doesn't stand for DrNo, and you are a blonde who miss-spelled it...
yes dorothy

birth control ahs PROVEN to reduce the rate of pregnanacy!!
LYIN AYN RYAN

Anderson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

In fact it can be argued that the crime wave that everybody expected to hit in the late 80's and early 90's??(my generation) didnt happen because of Row vs wade, proliferation of birth control and thus less unwanted kids.....more intelligent readers can figure it out from their...

the rest of you???

dont really have a chance.

ok.....mabey riccardo, when he is 55 or so.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as gay 'marriage'.
It is a simple denial of reality,
A foolish attempt to impose an imposter relationship on the single and only birthplace of every single other type of relationship.
Attitudes change for right and wrong reasons and there will always be idiots.
LYIN AYN RYAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Ive seen two gay guys together many times......
it doesnt seem like they are in denial to me ...
by being together I dont think they are "imposing" anything on you.
try to explain that one a little better(but ill bet you cannot)
yes there will always be idiots...
those who cant roll with the changes (because of phony religious values) are the first to come to mind.
and from another lame post of yours??
people in power abusing their power??
ive never heard of that happening before(sarc)
I cant believe a gay guy was the first to abuse his power(sarc)
you sound a little sheltered.
My gosh, what is it with the blondes today???

I've seen gay guys together AND straight guys. So?

Words describe reality. Marriage is the culmination of MILLIONS of years of evolutionary refinement. The reunion of male and female back to the very roots of life; a simple genderless life form.

How stupid does it take to think that redumbant couples who are not only evolutionary dead-ends, but rootless aberrations of the present are not the same???

If you call the tail on a dog a leg, what is it?

Just a heads up blondie, I am a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian. I don't argue faith (by it's very term unprovable) with faithless idiots. I know since you can't argue from logic, you'd like to go back to religion, but sorry, no.

Another heads up (fearing it only means redumbant blondes), I brought up heteros abusing power as a warning that homos are susceptible too.

You sound really stupid.
TunaCharlie

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Judged:

In a can or on a bun it still tasts good.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••